OT: Who is the worst teacher you've ever had and why?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 marcogamer07
Member since 2008 • 1615 Posts

That honour would have to go to my Grade 9 French teacher(I am Canadian, so yes, French is part of our curriculum). He would make fun of you if you asked for help on a question or if you didn't understand something. He was a HUGE favourite picker, and loved these two students in my class because their mothers were both teachers at the school(yes, the famous teacher's kid). One of those kids would actually bring hot chocolate/coffee for my French teacher every day at the beginning of class.

He was very narcissistic, very demeaning and he abused his authority as a French teacher(OOOOOHHH)to hell and back. He would always talk about how we were failures, how the world is going to be doomed when we become adults and how we would never amount to anything. One time he actually kicked me out of the class for no reason at all...

Second place would have to go to my music teacher(again, Grade 9). Ripped on this disabled kid in my class every day for not being able to play the drums well(he had a crippled arm), telling him he was going to fail. He was a very unfair marker, and all his favourites were the hot girls in his class. Did I mention the hot girls all sat in the front row? Isn't that bizarre?

Share your worst teacher experiences, whether it be a regular school teacher, a counsellor, a principal or a college professor.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
9th grade science teacher. He looked down girls' shirts, lost a ton of our work, didn't teach us anything, ate the entire class, didn't help anyone, didn't mark any work (TA did it), and graded us horribly. The straight-A honor roll students were failing his class. He didn't prepare us for a single thing, he'd give us tests on stuff we hadn't even learned yet.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
First year English teacher in college. You know you goofed bad when you stay in a class 25 people drop and then switch to other teachers. I swear to God that she actually took points off people's essays for being men. Also the books she made us read were lame.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

my 7-8th grade art teacher. Honestly I hated her so much (I think she hates kids) that I actually started hating the very subject she taught. So instead of giving me any sort of appreciation for the arts she got me to hate them. It takes a special sort of horrible teacher to achieve that.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

My 8th grade science teacher. He did not teach us anything, and most horrible at lecturing. We all had to learn from the books instead. We barely did anything in that class. He chose favorites as well, to the point where he only looked and "taught" to three girls in the class. Not to mention he was trying to convert us to believe in his conservative ways. He ridiculed the majorite of us and hinted so many times how much we're going to fail in the future. He had absolutely no control in his class and I'm glad that he got fired.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38688 Posts
cs teacher soph year of college... this guy was crap.. his lessons were a mishmash of topics, the hw assignments rarely had to do with what he taught in the class and if you went to him during office hours asking questions his basic response was "well, you should understand this by now so i'm not going to help you with it" he ended up being so bad that he was put on research-only duty after teaching our class and was removed from teaching future courses.
XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 XxspritexX
Member since 2005 • 5836 Posts
Biology professor He gave us our final with bible questions on it....:|
BestAlarmClock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BestAlarmClock
Member since 2011 • 87 Posts

In college i had a science lab with the worst teacher i've ever had. He wasn't even a teacher, because he never taught anything. All he did was tell you to read and expected you to know everything. He just handed out the lab at the beginning of each 2 hour class and then walked away.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
Mr. Post, 8th grade Math teacher...He was going bald on top but had the ponytail in the back. Talked in a monotone voice. One time I saw him on his computer look at some flash animation of a giant boobies swinging around.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Worst at teaching: Probably my science teacher in both 7th and 8th grade (she changed what class she was teaching), I seriously cannot remember doing anything in there (well not totally, true I can remember her on her computer in the baclk of class, while students had paper ball fights), in retrospect I think she probably suffered from deppression.
My most hated: 8th grade English, for being a bipolar *****

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

9th grade geometry teacher, I still don't know any geometry(proofs and stuff I mean, teh sexy trig stuff I learned again later obv)

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I say my Intro to graphic design teacher. I hate her! :evil:

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Don't think I had one. I never let a teacher bug me.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

8th grade math teacher. He talked REALLY slow. And his class was 1:45 minutes long and ALL we did was take notes and do quizzes. You have no idead how boring it was.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Mr. Post, 8th grade Math teacher...He was going bald on top but had the ponytail in the back. Talked in a monotone voice. One time I saw him on his computer look at some flash animation of a giant boobies swinging around.Agent-Zero

You just described mine except for the hair and the boobies. Also, I had someone substitute for him, an ugly girl and she dropped her bag, nude photos of guys fell out. :/

cmdrmonkey45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cmdrmonkey45
Member since 2010 • 360 Posts

Probably the seventh grade science teacher who shot himself before he was supposed to plead guilty to molesting a 14 year old boy. He always seemed wierd. I thought he was just eccentric. But in retrospect it all seems pretty creepy.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

She was called Mrs Linfoot. I had her when I was around 6. She slapped me for asking for help. I still have trouble asking for help now. Just prefer to struggle on my own.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boston_Boyy

Not a teacher but we once had a substitute roughly 75 years of age (yes, seriously) who you had to stand within 5 feet and talk loudly for him to hear, and threatened to take a kid behind the woodshed (and not in a light-hearted way).

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

9th grade Earth Science teacher/12th grade AP Physics teacher (SAME PERSON!!!)

The guy was/is an absolutue idiot. A monkey with down syndrome knows more about science than he does. Literally 75% of the problems he ever did on the board ended up incorrect. Occasionally he would be doing one in front of the class and just stop in the middle and move onto something else. Absolutly horrible teacher.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

Biology professor He gave us our final with bible questions on it....:|XxspritexX

:lol:...I would assume he got fired. Just curious, any examples of what he asked?

Wow, you guys have had some awful teachers; looks like I got lucky. Worst I've had is a grade 10/11 social studies teacher who showed Loose Change to his classes every semester, and got a significant number of students to buy into that bunk. Agh, I'm still annoyed at that.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

My spanish teacher is an idiot, I am in 10th grade just throwing that out there.

Anyway, if my spanish teacher isn't preaching to us about how we should be more accepting of other people (she assumes we are all racist as nazis or something, she even made it a homework assignment for us to look up the definition of tolerence and acceptence in both english and spanish for no real apparent reason). She also gives us weird online homework where she expects us to check the website everyday, the problem is she gives the homework out so inconsistently that odds are she isn't going to give online homework and when she does she doesn't tell you she gave it to you in class until on or after the day it's due. The online homework is always due at 10:59 PM so we have to get it done at home before a certain time or else we lose 10% of the grade.

She also gets unnessecarily angry at certain students, for example today a kid sat in a desk adjacent to his assigned seat in the front of the class so he was still sitting in the front but just one desk to the right and when the teacher saw this she stopped talking to the class immediatly and yelled at him(she didn't actually yell but she spoke very angrilly you know what I mean) to sit in his correct seat. This kid hadn't been the most well behaved kid but if it was me she would just calmly tell me to please sit in my assigned seat. She just unjustly picks favorites based on how obedient you are in the class.

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

9th grade Earth Science teacher/12th grade AP Physics teacher (SAME PERSON!!!)

The guy was/is an absolutue idiot. A monkey with down syndrome knows more about science than he does. Literally 75% of the problems he ever did on the board ended up incorrect. Occasionally he would be doing one in front of the class and just stop in the middle and move onto something else. Absolutly horrible teacher.

Dawq902
That sounds like my AP Physics teacher. He tries the problems and halfway through he'll get confused and look at his notes for the answer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
My AP Calculus teacher. His concept of teaching was basically to put the bare basics of the topic on the board and then ignore us for a few weeks till there was a test, at which point we took group tests, he only graded the tests months afterwards. he would spent entire class periods talking to students about world of warcraft, didn't actually know half the stuff he taught. When it came to to take the AP tests only 2 people passed, everyone else got a 1 because we were so crappily prepared. When it came the class final, we took it as a class.
TruSake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TruSake
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

does ALL of them count? because I still don't know anything

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Probably my English teacher in Year 7. He was more suited to teaching special needs children, which was actually his role within the school. No idea why he was allowed to take an English class.
ContraQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ContraQueen
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts

Grade 9/10 science teacher. She couldn't speak English properly and had a really thick accent so no one knew what she was talking about. I'm pretty sure only 3 people in the course passed.

goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goth_bacon
Member since 2007 • 1110 Posts

Sophomore year US History I Honors teacher. He was this tall old guy with white hair and a white beard. Somewhat like Colonel Sanders on crack. All he would do was belittle us every day in class. Basically said we were all stupid and shouldn't be in that class. Everything we learned in that class we had to teach ourselves. In class when he did teach us it was mostly incorrect information.

One time I brought up a question on a quiz that should've been right but he marked wrong. He started yelling at me and saying "this is borderline insubordination." Then he took me to the social studies office so that the supervisor could tell me I was wrong. But the supervisor actually agreed with me and I think my teacher got really embarrassed/pissed off. The kind of embarrassment where you don't know what to say so you just leave. So he just stormed out of the room. Kind of funny when I think about it.

What a stupid, cruel man.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Sophmore year of highschool we had a math teacher that would try to coddle us whenever asked for help. When he did it to me I tried to shake him off and he held tighter:|

In my first year of college our math teacher was almost always late. Also, we were in different classes on different days. So me and the rest of the class was waiting for 45+ minutes for him. We would see him walk down the hall to the class we are in the other day. And then when he does come to the right class the door is locked and he needs to get the key card. There goes another 15-30 minutes, so finally when we are in class with him we only have like 20 or so minutes due to so much time being wasted.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
Math, worst 9th-11th grade teacher ever.......we played craps in his math class every day for the whole friggin semester......average was Fs
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Boston_Boyy

Kinda weird how alot of bad teacher's from people here seem to men. Honestly, my 2 of my 3 faviorte teachers (post elementary, in which there were no male teachers) have been men (9th grade Earth Science, 7th grade English). Though to others weren't that great (both history, one was kinda an a-hole, and the other would just talk, and talk about things that would get totally get off-topic. I.E.: "it's like in that movie *movie title*, with *actor name* who's been in a few other movies with some historcal relevance like *movie with description of what it's about.*, and *movie with description of what the movie is about. He showed way too many movies and left way too much teaching up to taking notes on videos. That being said, he was nice, and actually very smart when it came to what he needed to know)

simplyderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 simplyderp
Member since 2009 • 266 Posts

All my programming teachers at community college

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
My grade 9 math was split up between 2 teachers. Some wierd B.C. thing where there's more math 9 than any other subject and you HAD to take 2 math classes to complete it. My regular math 9 class was awesome. Wicked teacher, i could learn without problems.... Math 9b on the other hand..... I had a red headed devil teacher who would scream and scream and SCREAM AT THE CLASS LIKE IT WAS A BUNCH OF MONKEY'S AT A CIVIL FEAST. I couldn't learn anything from her and failed her class because she spent more time SCREAMING AT THE CLASSROOM WALLS then calmly teaching us students. The ONLY thing i learned from that class.... is how much I HATE HEADACHES. That was the first class i ever failed. Then i had math 10 with the same teacher... Guess what ? I failed it too. and then came the downward slope of my life... its all her fault.
9th grade science teacher. He looked down girls' shirts, lost a ton of our work, didn't teach us anything, ate the entire class, didn't help anyone, didn't mark any work (TA did it), and graded us horribly. The straight-A honor roll students were failing his class. He didn't prepare us for a single thing, he'd give us tests on stuff we hadn't even learned yet.XilePrincess
you don't happen to live in northern BC did ya ? cause that sounds exactly like my science teacher.... Mr. Shrum....... creepy old dude.
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I'd have to pick the female Grade 3 teacher whose standard method of administering corporal punishment to her male pupils was to pinch their thighs with her long fingernails.

I still wonder if she was motivated by some bizarre fetish. :?

ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
Chemistry teacher. Senior year. She resorted to teaching when she chickened out of her pharmaceutical certification exam. She was such a bad teacher the school board told her not to show up for the last month of that year.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Probably 7th grade math teacher (female), though my current sophomore algebra 2 teacher may take that spot away (also female)

Why is it always the math teachers?

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

During my second year at uni I ran into a lab instructor who beat out every previous teacher/professor. I won't tell you anything about her, but I will tell you that the previous worst was an emotionally unstable alcoholic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
My C Programming "instructor" reads us definitions from the book, and expects us to be able to write fairly complicated programs using concepts from 4 different chapters. After the first project, half the class dropped, and I'm about to drop too.
tiopuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tiopuit
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts

Geometry

She's really good at math

but she can't teach it

also a self absorbed person who thinks they're a genius reminds me of peggy from king of the hill

Zilch90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zilch90
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

10th grade geometry. He was pretty cool, but we literally learned nothing in the class.

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mywalletsgone
Member since 2010 • 1344 Posts

Worst was my 1st - 3rd year science teacher. He had alzheimers. It was okay though because he'd go off the track and tell a joke he once knew the punchline to, and then science class became a comedy workshop.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

For being a ****: my grade 11 computer science teacher. Creepy as hell. One time he told me we could go into the stairwell where no one could hear me scream. wtf! :| He googled weird things, like keywords that would usually result in porn sites. Also, he would make fun of people in our class, usually the polish ones. I can't even walk down the same hallway as him, that's how creeped out I am.

As for incompetence: Worst one I can think of is my grade 11 math teacher. Constantly made mistakes, didn't know what he was talking about, even got one of the students to tell him how to solve a problem a few times. I'm actually surprised they let him teach math, he was awful at it.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts

Freshman year in college my General Chemistry professor. She was Russian who had a thick accent. Spoke English but did not speak grammarly correctly. Often said words out of order in a sentence. Give extremely odd and hard to understand examples when explaning things. Got upset at people when they could not answer her questions or if anyone had a question for her about the topic.

However she was very kind with the final exam. She would give you 4 or 5 same styled problems for a topic and if you a majority right you would get a 100% for that part.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Hey, why is everyone pointing at me? :S
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]

Freshman year in college my General Chemistry professor. She was Russian who had a thick accent. Spoke English but did not speak grammarly correctly. Often said words out of order in a sentence. Give extremely odd and hard to understand examples when explaning things. Got upset at people when they could not answer her questions or if anyone had a question for her about the topic.

However she was very kind with the final exam. She would give you 4 or 5 same styled problems for a topic and if you a majority right you would get a 100% for that part.

Funny thing about college professors, they aren't required to have any sort of teaching certification; they just have to be experts in their fields. This is why there are so many professors who are bad teachers; they were never trained how to teach in the first place.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

My middle school math teacher was an obnoxious rich psycho who thought she was younger than she was.Her and her husband were charged for possession of drugs a few years earlier. I never learned anything from her.

marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marcogamer07

Probably 7th grade math teacher (female), though my current sophomore algebra 2 teacher may take that spot away (also female)

J-man45

From my experience it has always been the French teachers. It makes me wonder if there's some sort of prerequisite to being a French teacher. You have to be **** and annoying... :roll:

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#47 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

My Grade 8 geography teacher.

She just hated me and marked me down for no reason. There was literally a time when 2 students (some one else and me) gave the same answer on a test. THe other student got a mark and I didn't.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

[QUOTE="J-man45"]

marcogamer07

From my experience it has always been the French teachers. It makes me wonder if there's some sort of prerequisite to being a French teacher. You have to be **** and annoying... :roll:

Ironically, my french teachers have gotten better over the years. (I'm Canadian too.)

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Strange, out of all my teachers, I can't think of a specific one I hate. My opinion of all them are neutral...
marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 marcogamer07

[QUOTE="marcogamer07"]

[QUOTE="J-man45"]

Big_Pecks

Ironically, my french teachers have gotten better over the years. (I'm Canadian too.)

Depends where you live I guess. Here in Southern Ontario, they are obnoxious. They never have control over their cl@ss and they feel that complaining and yelling at people are the only ways to get them what they want.

I also hardly learn anything from them. I've been taking French since Grade 3 and I still struggle with the main basics of the language. It's ridiculous how bad they are!