Online dating...a gift or a curse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
is it supposed to be a good thing or a bad one.? Reply only if you really, really have tried it. elsewise, don't.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
It's good for really large people that can't get dates otherwise or are afraid to leave their basements. I for one never plan to use it, or will need it in the future.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
i met my first real love online, but it wasnt like we were looking for each other online on some online dating website. Hmm...long story, but we didnt 'online date' we started dating in RL and well it was perfect.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I did it, sort of, although I never intended to and it wasn't done through a dating site or anything. It was a while ago now...maybe seven or eight years (good lord it doesn't feel that long ago).

Biggest mistake ever.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

great thing if you actually live near the person and can start a real relationship. if it's only online i don't see the point.

I've met many chicks from online services.

smart-design

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smart-design
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts

It's good for really large people that can't get dates otherwise or are afraid to leave their basements. I for one never plan to use it, or will need it in the future. Pittfan666

Ditto

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I haven't done any of the sites, although I almost dated someone through xanga (I know, I'm a nerd), but that didn't quite work out on both ends. Not sure if that's what you were looking for.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Online dating gets alot of bad rep, some of it deserved and sum undeserved. The truth is, for alot of people who have really busy lives and are unable to hit the local clubs, bars or generally head of to the park, library to meet new women, they can find sumone who is similar to them online. By doing so, they have eliminated alot of the probing that occurs when you do it in the real world. Instead of having to chat up girls to see if they like them, the have skipped all that and have a list of girls with whom a relationship is most likey to suceed with.

So while i havent tried online dating yet, I can definitely understand its appeal to some people. Personally I have enough time to go and meet women out there so I've had no need for it, but where it ever to come to the situation where my time is very limited due to work or other concerns, i would definitely check it out.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
oh sorry TC, i thought by online dating you meant online dating websites, and not actualy dating over the internet. Dating over the internet is stupid.
TristanShand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TristanShand
Member since 2008 • 1400 Posts

I've used it time to time because there isn't many girls my way who share my interests. I'm on the fringes of a relationship at the moment. Anyone who thinks I should be ashamed, be thankful you got the barrier of the Internet, I would quite literally slam your face into beer bottle.

The problem is with them, quite often you end up chatting to this person on the Internet for weeks. It may sound like it's getting serious but they back out as soon as things get real.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
Well i'm going to be completely honest, i'm in a long distance relationship that started about 5 years ago when me and my girlfriend met on an animation forum. We only started dating about two years ago and let me tell you, meeting her was the best moment of my life :) (I mean meeting in both senses, meeting her in general and meeting her in person.) I would say its a gift, some probably don't work out but luckily I found the one of my dreams :)