Obama hosts fundraiser at wealthy man's house

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

So Democrats like to say that they are for the middle class and Republicans are for the rich, but they also like to solicit rich people for their donations.

On behalf of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee President Obama is hosting a fundraiser in the wealthy city of Greenwich, Connecticut (home to Vince McMahon and Triple H among others) with ticket prices going as high as $32,400. And guess who is the host of this fundraiser: a guy named Rich Richman!

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Not really sure how, in any way, this is news worthy. He is TAKING money from the rich, through donation. How exactly does that go against the idea that Democrats are for the middle class?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I think whip thought it was news and thread worthy purely for that punch line technique he enjoys employing.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

If classism truly is a concern of the Obama Administration, good can come from seeking support from the wealthiest as a representative of the ethnicity with the lowest median income in America (2012). Bipartisanship is historically something presidents have been known to emphasize, after all.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics-jan-june13-budget_03-13/

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Unless you're okay with rotting your brain, stop going to that website. It's shamelessly biased.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Not really sure how, in any way, this is news worthy. He is TAKING money from the rich, through donation. How exactly does that go against the idea that Democrats are for the middle class?

@dave123321 said:

I think whip thought it was news and thread worthy purely for that punch line technique he enjoys employing.

I just thought the guy's name was kind of funny.

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Unless you're okay with rotting your brain, stop going to that website. It's shamelessly biased.

I don't normally go to that site, I saw a link to that article from another site.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

he's just being pragmatic.

you know how many dinners he would have to attend at poor people's houses to raise that kind of money?