My dog ran away A.K.A. My stepdad's an idiot *Thread needs locked*

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GHlegend77
Member since 2009 • 10328 Posts

So my stepdad decides today that he wants to take a walk. I don't care, my mom doesn't care, so my stepdad did it. Now my stepdad thinks it's a good idea to let THE DOG follow him. The dog that my mom and I love.

So he walks down to the riverbottoms, about twenty minutes away (we live in a rural area), and the dog goes ahead of him. My stepdad, not expecting this, chases the dog, only making the dog go further.

Anyway, he lost the dog. In a ****ing grass filled area. I'm pissed beyond comprehension and understandability at him. But he comes home.Set scene: The stepdad of mine is leaning back in his ****ing recliner, watching the ****ing sci-fi channel without a ****ing care. I want so bad to punch him. He ****ing did this. He should be trying to ****ing fix it. He said we'll go tomorrow to look for him.

The dog is a yorkie, do you guys think he can make it tonight? You don't think he'll try to find his way home, do you? I mean, my stepdad and the dog walked from the house to the riverbottoms. Will the dog remember how to get home? Because he's intelligent for a yorkie, I believe. Should I stand up to my stepdad and tell him to find the dog, no matter what? My mom and I loved that dog. If you can't help me with those questions, can you please try to quell my thoughts?

Thanks in advance for help,
GHl77

UPDATE:

Sorry it took so long. I was suspended and it lasted a little longer than expected. Yeah, we didn't find him. We went to the pound and got two new dogs though They're good dogs, but it's not quite the same. Anyway, I want to say thanks to all of those who truly felt sympathy for me and tried to keep posted on this.

At the same time, my stepdad and I came to an understanding. He said it was a mistake and that he was sorry, and my anger would have melted away soon anyway.

Thanks everyone for the help, support, and suggestions. They helped out a little, sort of.

This thread needs locked. Could a mod please lock this?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Step up and tell your dad to find him.
hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

Sorry about losing your dog man :(

but don't be too hard on your stepdad, people make mistakes. Although your right, he should probably be looking for the dog and not watching TV.

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts

Go walk around in the same area your stepdad took the dog and call his name for a bit.

I also give you permission to...

...your stepdad.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
What an ass your stepdad is.
GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GHlegend77
He looked for the dog for like 5 or 10 minutes. Probably went down like 5 roads out of twenty something.
astrozombie37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 astrozombie37
Member since 2010 • 2687 Posts

I'd tell him to find it. HE is the one that lost it and you 2 love it a lot. It is his fault so he much take the initiative to look for it. As for your dog being alone out there, it depends on the wilderness around you and the predators.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

If it were my dog I'd be out there no matter what time it was with the brightest flashlight I could find.

Your stepdad seems arrogant and annoying. Sorry about that. Don't let it get to you.

jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts
Is it tall grass? IF so the Pokemon danger is always there...No but seriously the classic putting up signs always helps..and just getting out there and looking around the area he was lost at is useful.
warownslife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warownslife
Member since 2010 • 5289 Posts

If you really like the dog go look for him. But he probably will survive the night. Whats a yorkie? Also about your step-dad he probably doesn't care about the dog.

Ryir554

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ryir554
Member since 2005 • 1061 Posts

go out and call for him, depending on where you live I dont know if a yorkie outside at night will end well. I hope you find him mate, keep ups posted

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Is it tall grass? IF so the Pokemon danger is always there...No but seriously the classic putting up signs always helps..and just getting out there and looking around the area he was lost at is useful. jks22112
Yeah I would do this if your truly loved your dog. Get your ass of stepdad to drive you around too.
bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

Sure if that were a baby he'd go looking for it. ****.

warownslife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 warownslife
Member since 2010 • 5289 Posts

If your going out bring a flashlight, cell phone, food for the dog, a bone for the dog, and a leash.

CosmicZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CosmicZombie
Member since 2010 • 1585 Posts

Tell him to go after him until he has no option, if he beats you, call the cops and get his ass arrested.

Is your mom doing nothing?

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Was the dog not on a leash?
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
How was your stepdad's relationship with this dog...? Reminds me of the unwitting mafia guy that get's in the limo with the boss and ends up swimming with the fishes.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

If its in an area it knows well it can probably come home if it wants too. Make sure your around for if it does

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Why are you just posting, go look for the stupid dog.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

it should be able to make it through the night just fine. I suggest you leave an outside light on so it has some hope of finding its way home though. It might sound stupid but it has worked for me before with an old cat of mine.

GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GHlegend77

Mercenary848
It's 10:30 at night.
GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GHlegend77

If its in an area it knows well it can probably come home if it wants too. Make sure your around for if it does

Cruse34
It refuses to go inside when someone leaves the house, so it's probably wandered around a bit.
GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GHlegend77

it should be able to make it through the night just fine. I suggest you leave an outside light on so it has some hope of finding its way home though. It might sound stupid but it has worked for me before with an old cat of mine.

Serraph105
Thanks, I'll try that.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mercenary848

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

GHlegend77

If you don't care enough to go out at night, why make him do it.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

Why would you let your step dad take your dog for a walk without a leash? Especially a dog like a Yorkie.

In any case, yes, the dog should be able to find its way home.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

If you're so upset, why don't you go look for the dog yourself? :\

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mercenary848

Why would you let your step dad take your dog for a walk without a leash?psychobrew

Its the stepdads house he can do what he wants, with the pets he allows to live there. :P

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Does it have one of those tracking chip thingys? Or did it have a name tag?

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dylan_11

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

GHlegend77

You don't have school tomorrow, right? So why does the time matter?

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#30 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

You dont have much control over your own dog if it ran into the woods and never came back. My friends family has two dogs and would never let that happen. Anyway, if the dog likes you enough, he'll come back, if he doesn't maybe he wont. Who knows. Still, whenever you do get him back, you need to get control of it. Let it know what it can and cannot do. Because in the end, it is sort of everyone's fault it ran like that.

True, your step dad should be out looking for the dog, but dont blame it all on him. If you guys love the dog so much, why aren't you out there instead of posting on GS? You ALL should be out looking for the dog. Your step dad because apparently, he let it out. You and your mom because it's your dog.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

My dog use to run away all the time if I left the gate open he always came back when he was hungry though..

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
A similar situation happened with me Friday night with my boxer. My dad thought it would be a good idea, since we were having my grandparents' boxer over while we were celebrating their anniversary, if we had all three dogs out (I also have a great dane). However, only the great dane has a collar that prevents her from walking out of the area. I personally would've had my boxer in the house, but I didn't voice a protest when my dad suggested otherwise. Now, my boxer is missing. I know that I'm partially to blame because I didn't stand up to my dad however. I'll try not to let that happen again. Anyway, I feel sorry for you personally GH. I hope you find your dog and maybe your stepdad will learn.
CosmicZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CosmicZombie
Member since 2010 • 1585 Posts

You dont have much control over your own dog if it ran into the woods and never came back. My friends family has two dogs and would never let that happen. Anyway, if the dog likes you enough, he'll come back, if he doesn't maybe he wont. Who knows. Still, whenever you do get him back, you need to get control of it. Let it know what it can and cannot do. Because in the end, it is sort of everyone's fault it ran like that.

True, your step dad should be out looking for the dog, but dont blame it all on him. If you guys love the dog so much, why aren't you out there instead of posting on GS? You ALL should be out looking for the dog. Your step dad because apparently, he let it out. You and your mom because it's your dog.

JudgementEden

No, if you know the dog is not trained and you still remove teh leash, its your fault.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

[QUOTE="GHlegend77"][QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

Mercenary848

If you don't care enough to go out at night, why make him do it.

Yeah what the hell man? You want your step dad to go out there but if you care so much for the dog you should be out there to. If that was my dog or hell even my HAMSTER who i'd probably never find i'd be out there until 10:30pm the next day. Your step dad is a **** no doubt but asking somebody to do something you refuse to do is retarded.

Sorry about the dog but if for some reason you are restrained to your room and your mom wont let you go out (if you're young maybe or the neighbourhood is dangerous at night) then it's understandable. You and your mom should go get pissed at your step dad and gang up on him and pressure him to go out and find the dog.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

that doesn't sound right.. he takes the dog on a walk with no leash, then doesn't seem to care when it runs off?

how has he acted towards the dog before?

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

Is there any place for the dog to get hit by a car pretty easily near by? Cuz other than that (which is how my dog died) I wouldn't be too concerned. Dogs are tough, smart creatures. They can usually easily make it a couple days by themselves even if they are used to the luxury of home life. It's understandable to be mad at your stepdad, but yelling at him isn't going to change the fact that the dog you love is still out there somewhere. Keep your head up. Chances are he's ok. If u don't find him by tomorrow start putting up posters of your dog. You can also go to your local paper and ask them to put a picture of him/her in there so other people can help you find it. Don't give up....trust me, i know how worried and sick feeling you probably are right now.

astrozombie37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 astrozombie37
Member since 2010 • 2687 Posts

I've been talking to GHlegend on MSN. His account has been suspended for a day and he can't reply. He did want me to say that he is 14 and can't drive, so going into the woods is out of the question. He also wanted me to say that he thanks you for helping him out.:)

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dylan_11

I've been talking to GHlegend on MSN. His account has been suspended for a day and he can't reply. He did want me to say that he is 14 and can't drive, so going into the woods is out of the question. He also wanted me to say that he thanks you for helping him out.:)

astrozombie37

I'm assuming his stepdad didn't "drive" out there on his "walk" so really if he wanted to he could walk out there and look for his dog...

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Crazyguy105

The TC is 14 years old.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#40 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

astrozombie37
Since you're talking to him, you should tell him I didn't mean for my post to be offensive (If it was). Thinking back, my post may have been a little harsh, although I still stand by what I said. I hope he gets his dog back. I'm sure he'll see this, so im not sure if telling him is necessary.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

[QUOTE="Crazyguy105"]

entropyecho

The TC is 14 years old.

Well he did say he lives in a rural area. I mean what danger could he get in? :P

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
how smart is your dog?
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Its just a dog I wouldn't go out of my way to find it either. You should not stand up to your stepdad and the dog will probably die. I also want to say blog it because this isn't forum worthy.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

that doesn't sound right.. he takes the dog on a walk with no leash, then doesn't seem to care when it runs off?

how has he acted towards the dog before?

Sword-Demon
No one else seems to be picking up on this. :P
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Duckman5

Its just a dog I wouldn't go out of my way to find it either. You should not stand up to your stepdad and the dog will probably die. I also want to say blog it because this isn't forum worthy.jeremiah06
Your entire post disgusts me. So you want this kid to just look the other way? That's horrible advice and I'd be angry too.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]Its just a dog I wouldn't go out of my way to find it either. You should not stand up to your stepdad and the dog will probably die. I also want to say blog it because this isn't forum worthy.Duckman5

Your entire post disgusts me. So you want this kid to just look the other way? That's horrible advice and I'd be angry too.

No, if the kid wants to go look for the dog then fine. What I'm saying is don't expect the stepdad to care enough to got find the dog. If the dog dies he can buy another...
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]Its just a dog I wouldn't go out of my way to find it either. You should not stand up to your stepdad and the dog will probably die. I also want to say blog it because this isn't forum worthy.jeremiah06

No, if the kid wants to go look for the dog then fine. What I'm saying is don't expect the stepdad to care enough to got find the dog. If the dog dies he can buy another...

Why shouldn't be the stepdads responsibility? He took it out, he was responsible for it's well being. Also you can't just replace a dog that easy since you build a bond with a particular dog. If you child died would you just say well I can always make another?
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
How was your stepdad's relationship with this dog...? Reminds me of the unwitting mafia guy that get's in the limo with the boss and ends up swimming with the fishes. raven_squad
It's kind of creepy, but that's the first thing that crossed my mind too.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Duckman5"] Your entire post disgusts me. So you want this kid to just look the other way? That's horrible advice and I'd be angry too.

Duckman5

Why shouldn't be the stepdads responsibility? He took it out, he was responsible for it's well being. Also you can't just replace a dog that easy since you build a bond with a particular dog. If you child died would you just say well I can always make another?

First, the stepdad already agreed to look for the dog tomorrow. Second, dog =/= human child. Also what would you have the kid do? Strike his setpdad? Speak rudely to him? Get out of line? If he wants to go look fine, but as I said, I(like to setpdad) wouldn't go out of my way to find it. Pets are property and lost property can be repurchased.