MSNBC: Marijuana stops the spread of cancer and tumor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]The only guy I knew really well that smoked pot died, so... ok.GamerForca

Are you saying he died from pot? No? Well then, why would you make the implication then?

Lol, I love how you ask a question, assume the answer, and then ask another question without having a clue on exactly how he died..

I think he had some kind of stroke from it. The weed congested his blood vessels in his brain and... pop.. dead.

That's cause I know the answer already. No one has ever died from pot. If your friend was the first person to die from pot in thousands and thousands of years, it would have made headlines - everywhere.

You even said, "I think...", and on top of all that, cannabis doesn't cause the blood vessels in your brain to "congest". :lol:

Nice try, junior. ;)

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#202 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Moral of the story. Us drugs for medical purposes only. :)
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#203 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]The only guy I knew really well that smoked pot died, so... ok.Deity_Slapper

Are you saying he died from pot? No? Well then, why would you make the implication then?

Lol, I love how you ask a question, assume the answer, and then ask another question without having a clue on exactly how he died..

I think he had some kind of stroke from it. The weed congested his blood vessels in his brain and... pop.. dead.

That's cause I know the answer already. No one has ever died from pot. If your friend was the first person to die from pot in thousands and thousands of years, it would have made headlines - everywhere.

You even said, "I think...", and on top of all that, cannabis doesn't cause the blood vessels in your brain to "congest". :lol:

Nice try, junior. ;)

It's exactly what I was told, that's why I said "I think". I know he also smoked crack too, but not as much, and mixed his drugs. And, uh, you're going to try and say that pot can't cause cancer.. sure, you die from the cancer, but if pot caused it... and depression.. and impaired motor skills..

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]The only guy I knew really well that smoked pot died, so... ok.GamerForca

Nice try, junior. ;)

It's exactly what I was told, that's why I said "I think". I know he also smoked crack too, but not as much, and mixed his drugs. And, uh, you're going to try and say that pot can't cause cancer.. sure, you die from the cancer, but if pot caused it... and depression.. and impaired motor skills..

Aha...finally the truth comes out.

And I didn't say pot didn't cause cancer...doctors and scientists did. I just helped spread the word. Why don't you go question the doctors and scientists that you think you're smarter than? Hmm? Ok...

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

GamerForca
Well there ya go, it's a much higher chance he died from smoking crack and doing other drugs. Besides, pot doesn't cause cancer. Or depression. I mean, if it made someone depressed, why would they do it? It's not addicting. Impaired motor skills, maybe. But that's not that big of a deal anyways if you don't drive while you're high.
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

needled24-7

Well there ya go, it's a much higher chance he died from smoking crack and doing other drugs. Besides, pot doesn't cause cancer. Or depression. I mean, if it made someone depressed, why would they do it? It's not addicting. Impaired motor skills, maybe. But that's not that big of a deal anyways if you don't drive while you're high.

Dude you're sig looks insane. I'm kinda baked right now, so I guess that's making it a little more lively, but damn, yeah. I had some metal playing in the background too and it just fit perfectly there for a few seconds.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 needled24-7
[QUOTE="needled24-7"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Deity_Slapper

Dude you're sig looks insane. I'm kinda baked right now, so I guess that's making it a little more lively, but damn, yeah. I had some metal playing in the background too and it just fit perfectly there for a few seconds.

Haha thanks. Some guy that got banned awhile ago that made awesome sigs made it for me.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GamerForca

And I didn't say pot didn't cause cancer...doctors and scientists did. I just helped spread the word. Why don't you go question the doctors and scientists that you think you're smarter than? Hmm? Ok...

Deity_Slapper

The drug itself doesn't cause it. But if you smoke it, you have a better chance of getting lung cancer than if you smoke tobacco. Now go question your scientists about that.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

GamerForca

The drug itself doesn't cause it. But if you smoke it, you have a better chance of getting lung cancer than if you smoke tobacco. Now go question your scientists about that.

Oh my. :lol:

Why don't you go back a few pages and check out those links I provided. Seriously, you're looking silly right now. I've read more than one story, from more than one study with the same aim: To determine if cannabis causes, or does not cause lung cancer, whether it does or does not inhibit cancer growth, or whether it even completely eradicates it. All studies have determined that not only does it not cause cancer, but fights the cancer cells from developing any further, and even puts active cancer cells into remission.

The point that stood out to me most, was when it was stated, by a doctor, that people who smoke ONLY cannabis, actually have a lower chance of developing lung cancer than people who smoke nothing at all! Apparently, one of the cannabinoid compounds in cannabis works almost like an antidote against cancer cells. I'm not 100% sure on this, as the studies are obviously still ongoing, but it seems to be something they're sure of.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 GamerForca
Was this one of your links?
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Deity_Slapper

Was this one of your links?GamerForca

Did you read the second paragraph?

By the way, I don't smoke joints, and most smokers don't anymore. Joints are kind of an old timers thing. (Waterpipes & Vaporizers take care of the tar and ash problem.)

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Deity_Slapper

Oh my. :lol:

Why don't you go back a few pages and check out those links I provided. Seriously, you're looking silly right now. I've read more than one story, from more than one study with the same aim: To determine if cannabis causes, or does not cause lung cancer, whether it does or does not inhibit cancer growth, or whether it even completely eradicates it. All studies have determined that not only does it not cause cancer, but fights the cancer cells from developing any further, and even puts active cancer cells into remission.

The point that stood out to me most, was when it was stated, by a doctor, that people who smoke ONLY cannabis, actually have a lower chance of developing lung cancer than people who smoke nothing at all! Apparently, one of the cannabinoid compounds in cannabis works almost like an antidote against cancer cells. I'm not 100% sure on this, as the studies are obviously still ongoing, but it seems to be something they're sure of.

Also, the effects settle nausea and increase appetite. These happen to be two of the more difficult side effects associated with chemotherapy.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GamerForca
Yep, it says "in the past" they couldn't find a connection. This study did. And this (in different way).
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Deity_Slapper

Also, the effects settle nausea and increase appetite. These happen to be two of the more difficult side effects associated with chemotherapy.

effthat

It does a lot of things. It would replace a lot of medications.

Including (and I'm not joking), constipation. If you ever have a log get stuck that you just can't seem to squeeze out, take a puff of that ganja and that log will be floating in the pool in no time. No need for pharmaceutical constipation drugs.

But you know what's best in my opinion? The fact that it reduces intra-ocular pressure. This plant can literally keep you from losing your eyesight, if it's ever threatened. This effect has also been 100% proven, so all you naysayers just try and prove it wrong. I dare you. And personally, I think the sense of vision is one of the most precious things we have, so anything that would assist in it's preservation, is a good thing in my book. This reason alone gives cannabis all the reason it needs to be part of our world.

All you haters, if you ever get glaucoma, believe me, you're gonna be puffing away like crazy. Unless you'd rather lose your vision...

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Deity_Slapper

Yep, it says "in the past" they couldn't find a connection. This study did. And this (in different way).GamerForca

Check the date on that link bro. That's an old piece of propoganda that was debunked a long time ago. I remember that one specifically. I've been studying this for quite some time now, dude.

By the way, AGAIN, it's possible to vaporize cannabis and avoid ALL carcinogens altogether (including tar, ash, heat, microscopic particles of free floating plant-matter), while still getting the desired medical benefit. Get with the times, at least. :lol:

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Deity_Slapper

GamerForca, what you didn't pick up (that I hoped you would), is that very paragraph completely debunks the rest of the article. It's obvious that the article is propganda (I wouldn't be suprised if it was funded by big pharm), so they had to sneak that little disclaimer in there to avoid being sued for blatant misinformation. Happens all the time.

Re-read it:

Studies in the past have demonstrated that cannabis can cause cancer, but few have established a strong link between cannabis use and the actual incidence of lung cancer.

If they can't establish a "strong" connection between the two, then why even make an article claiming that there is a connection?

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GamerForca

Coming from the guy that brought a link from alternet and weedtracker.com. :lol:

You know what? It's medical uses are great. I have no problem with that. But I like my short-term memory, and weed does affect your brain. link

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

But I like my short-term memory, and weed does affect your brain.

GamerForca
Affects short term memory. No long term effects for people that used to smoke.
Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Nwordjohn
Member since 2008 • 575 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Jandurin

After one month of abstinence from marijuana all prevailing effects are minimalized. In other words, you're fine after one month of not smoking. Not like the effects are much anyways.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Deity_Slapper

Coming from the guy that brought a link from alternet and weedtracker.com. :lol: GamerForca

Another failed attempt at discrediting me. The link from weedtracker was posted from a valid news source. Check the link at the bottom of the weedtracker post.

You know what? It's medical uses are great. I have no problem with that. But I like my short-term memory, and weed does affect your brain. link

GamerForca

Short-term memory is only affected while the substance is in your system. As soon as the weed wears off, so does that handicap. It's temporary. Extremely. Not to mention it makes for some good laughs. And long-term memory isn't affected at all.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 GamerForca
Let's see... the link in weedtracker said THC is good at preventing cancer (oh, and the freaking article isn't available). But we already know the benefits of medical marijuana. You brought two links of alternet, which is freaking liberal propaganda. And you seem to hate propaganda... when you're not the one using it. :roll: The link after that on businessshrink (whatever businessshrink is), seemed like a joke. Over 85% of kids using Mary J played sports? I wish I could look at the actual study... Then more medical benefits. I already agreed that was good. Your Washington post link is the only one with credibility.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Coming from the guy that brought a link from alternet and weedtracker.com. :lol: Deity_Slapper

Another failed attempt at discrediting me. The link from weedtracker was posted from a valid news source. Check the link at the bottom of the weedtracker post.

GamerForca

Short-term memory is only affected while the substance is in your system. As soon as the weed wears off, so does that handicap. It's temporary. Extremely. Not to mention it makes for some good laughs. And long-term memory isn't affected at all.

Can you smell the burn?

I wish Dracargen was here for this, you two would tear each other apart.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Coming from the guy that brought a link from alternet and weedtracker.com. :lol: achilles614

GamerForca

Can you smell the burn?

Dracargen doesn't know a damnthing about weed, dude. He actually gets owned more than most on this topic.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Deity_Slapper

Let's see... the link in weedtracker said THC is good at preventing cancer (oh, and the freaking article isn't available). But we already know the benefits of medical marijuana. You brought two links of alternet, which is freaking liberal propaganda. And you seem to hate propaganda... when you're not the one using it. :roll: The link after that on businessshrink (whatever businessshrink is), seemed like a joke. Over 85% of kids using Mary J played sports? I wish I could look at the actual study... Then more medical benefits. I already agreed that was good. Your Washington post link is the only one with credibility.GamerForca

More than one of those links were credible. :roll:

And it's not my fault the link is dead now, it used to be there...what do you want me to do about it? Should I send them an e-mail telling them to put it back because I've got a debate going on on gamespot.com? :lol:

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 achilles614
[QUOTE="achilles614"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Coming from the guy that brought a link from alternet and weedtracker.com. :lol: Deity_Slapper

GamerForca

Can you smell the burn?

Dracargen doesn't know a damnthing about weed, dude. He actually gets owned more than most on this topic.

That's the best part :P It's funny seeing him be so stubborn, with not a thing to back up his claims. It's even funnier when he thinks he's right :lol:
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 GamerForca

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]Let's see... the link in weedtracker said THC is good at preventing cancer (oh, and the freaking article isn't available). But we already know the benefits of medical marijuana. You brought two links of alternet, which is freaking liberal propaganda. And you seem to hate propaganda... when you're not the one using it. :roll: The link after that on businessshrink (whatever businessshrink is), seemed like a joke. Over 85% of kids using Mary J played sports? I wish I could look at the actual study... Then more medical benefits. I already agreed that was good. Your Washington post link is the only one with credibility.Deity_Slapper

More than one of those links were credible. :roll:

And it's not my fault the link is dead now, it used to be there...what do you want me to do about it? Should I send them an e-mail telling them to put it back because I've got a debate going on on gamespot.com? :lol:

You know what I meant. You've got 3 credible links. 2 state that weed is good for medical purposes, I already agreed with that. The rest is propaganda (alternet lulz), or they don't even show up. Congrats.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Deity_Slapper

You know what I meant. You've got 3 credible links. 2 state that weed is good for medical purposes, I already agreed with that. The rest is propaganda (alternet lulz), or they don't even show up. Congrats.

GamerForca

So you admit that you feel that cannabis has medicinal value, yet you've spent your entire time in this thread trying to disprove that very idea.

I'm seriously confused about your intentions in this thread. Maybe some medicinal cannabis will help you out there. :)

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
A bowl a day keeps the cancer away.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 achilles614

A bowl a day keeps the cancer away.MasterKingMP
That's what the doctor always told me :) But I can assure you I do not smoke weed ;) only cigarettes...god damn they're getting expensive.

IMO cigarettes are worse in about everyway then pot, they are addictive, more expensive in some cases, and ruin your health.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

- Your arguement about viatmins works by trying to compare the necessity of viatmins for human health to drugs (you stated this yourself explicitly). The reason that arguement fails is because you're trying to compare something that's necessary for human survival to something that isn't and saying that because one is necessary for survival that the other one must be as well. You may not have intended for the argument to work like that but that's the way it turned out. I'm done explaining this. Deity_Slapper

No...I wasn't making the comparison to prove necessity. I was only pointing out the similarity of the scenarios between the two. Besides, we don't NEED to consume Vitamin D from outside sources to stay healthy...we'd be fine with our own natural production. I only said how we are encouraged to consume more by health professionals...for safeguarding reasons, I would assume.

It seems you missed the qualifying statement "if I'm understanding your posts correctly". I just assumed you thought plants had been greated by some greater power since you kept using the word "meant" in the sense that we're intended to do something by something else. Its hard to tell what you believe since the only constant in your beliefs seems to be that plants were put on this planet for us to use as drugs.gameguy6700

I think they were put here for food, medicine, and a whole bunch of other reasons of which I do not know, and neither do you or anyone else. If we knew it all already, there would be nothing left to study, opinions would not exist, and everyone would share one solid, shared fact. I think.

I'm asking you to come up with a reason as to why harmful plants would exist if they were meant to help us. gameguy6700

I didn't say harmful plants were meant to help us. :lol: I said cannabis and opiates were meant to help us. Why else do our bodies take so well to them? I don't think Poison Ivy was meant to help us. Maybe there are other species of animals that benefit from consuming plants that would destroy humans? Since the opposite clearly exists, as you pointed out yourself, maybe different plants just go with certain species and not with others... Like a key of sorts, or 2 puzzle pieces coming together; a specific matching of genetics. Who knows for sure? Neither you or I certainly do! I'm just saying we don't know, so I'm stating what could be possible, based on my beliefs that have come from personal experience - and you're telling me I'm wrong, but only putting up your own opinion in return. Which is fine, but don't act like opinion is a fact. And all of this is just my opinion too...so I don't know why you need to attack it so much, especially with poor interperetation skills.

Just because intuition exists doesn't mean that it's a good way to go about things. Racism exists but I doubt you're going to tell me that I should be a racist because of the fact. gameguy6700

What...I don't even know how you could compare the two. Racism is negative. Is intuition? If you think so, do you have good reasons for why?

As for your comment about marijuana not being native to North America. Yeah, that's what science would say. But using your logic we can't ever be sure about that. After all science is a constantly changing, growing, and evoloving entity. My intuition, however, tells me that cannabis is native to North America. Knowing your own views on how important intuition is I'm sure that we can both appreciate my views on the origin of cannabis and entertain them as being possibly correct. I mean, all you have is evidence. I, on the other hand, have gut feeling.gameguy6700

What was the point of this post? Plants being found in Asia and Europe have nothing to do with science. :lol: It's HISTORY. The lineage of various strains of cannabis traced back to their roots through solid, recorded, verifiable evidence. No lab work required.

Are you just embarrased that you thought you knew the history of cannabis, but really didn't, and now you're resorting to trying to make a sarcastic jab at me? And if you're actually being serious, please tell me...where in the hell did you get the idea that cannabis was native to NA? If you know that little about the HISTORY (not science) of the plant you're trying to discuss, why even do it at all? You just took a wild guess? It's best to just say you're not sure...

History is even more inexact than science. As I said before you can't say for certain that cannabis originated in Asia and Europe. For all we know it originated in NA and then somehow got taken over to Europe and Asia. Its certainly possible that we just haven't found that kind of evidence yet. Furthermore, how do we even know that its related to modern day cannabis? I mean, that would require genetic testing and phylogeny experiments (you know, science). But still, my intuition proves you wrong.

The point of all this is to show you why intuition is so bloody useless. It's entirely subjective. You can't disprove my intuition that cannabis is in North America. And using your logic this means that it's a valid alternative to any other ideas out there. You can't have it both ways where your intuition that we were meant by destiny to smoke weed is valid yet my intuition that weed originated in NA isn't. You either have to accept both or reject both because both are just as valid. There's a ton of evidence to dispute both yet in both cases a person can simply claim that the evidence doesn't prove enough.

Also, racism is comprable to intuition in that they're both purely emotional, illogical patterns of thought in which evidence and logic play no part (I say intuition is emotional because it relies on the experience of "feeling" what to do in the same sense that someone would say "I feel this is the right thing to do"). Furthermore, intuition is neither inherently good nor bad, however it can lean towards bad very easily. For example, it was George Bush's "gut feeling" that started the second Gulf War. It was people's gut feelings that led to the Salem Witch Trials. It's a compulsive gambler's intuition that tells him to play "Just one more round" and dip into his kid's college fund because he's definitely going to win the next game. However, intuition can also be good. For example, maybe our compulsive gambler does indeed win that next round. And we've all heard the stories of people who decided to not take a flight on one of the planes that crashed on 9/11 simply because they had a bad gut feeling. But that just highlights the problem with intuition: Its a very unreliable process. Its fine to let yourself be guided by intuition and gut feelings for small, insigificant things like choosing where to eat. However, its probably not a good idea to mold your beliefs around intuition or make big decisions based on nothing but gut feeling.

Also, out of curiosity, what are your beliefs? Because all you've said up to this point is that you believe certain plants were put on this planet to help us. But you haven't said by what, for what greater purpose (why help humans?), or any other details.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 needled24-7
[QUOTE="achilles614"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

GamerForca

Can you smell the burn?

The only thing he ever really got across was that he saw drug users as being less than dirt.
yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

What do you guys say about this. I know there's a lot of haters so I want to know what you guys say about this, or rather, what's your spin on this?

-theCHUD-

Thanks for the link.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Deity_Slapper

As I said before you can't say for certain that cannabis originated in Asia and Europe. For all we know it originated in NA and then somehow got taken over to Europe and Asia. gameguy6700

Ok fine, but then why did you originally say with certainty that it did originate in NA? You made no implication that it was a guess...there wasn't a "maybe" attached.

For example, it was George Bush's "gut feeling" that started the second Gulf War. gameguy6700

I think that was greed. Maybe even evil.

It was people's gut feelings that led to the Salem Witch Trials. gameguy6700

I think that was brainwash. Blind people being led by greedy people.

It's a compulsive gambler's intuition that tells him to play "Just one more round" and dip into his kid's college fund because he's definitely going to win the next game. gameguy6700

I think that's the addiction speaking, not his intution. His intuition might even tell him, "Dude, don't do it, you know the odds aren't good, and your kid needs his education! Be a man and walk away!" It's the addiction that gets him to sacrifice the money anyway (by somehow convincing him that the next round will pay off) - going against the better judgement of his intuition. But hey, again, maybe we just look at things differently. I'm cool with that if you are.

However, its probably not a good idea to mold your beliefs around intuition or make big decisions based on nothing but gut feeling. gameguy6700

Mostly true, but in some instances, gut feeling is all you have. And it's good to have it then. And you may not believe this, but in my experience, my intuition has rarely ever led me wrong...maybe, 2% of the time. It's usually quite accurate. Who knows, maybe I'm psychic or something. :P

Also, out of curiosity, what are your beliefs? Because all you've said up to this point is that you believe certain plants were put on this planet to help us. But you haven't said by what, for what greater purpose (why help humans?), or any other details.gameguy6700

Yeah I did say. I said that I don't have a clue! :lol:

I just notice that some things just fit with other things like it's all a big puzzle that we were meant to figure out how to connect. Maybe life is like some complex, real-time RPG, and we've gotta collect and connect all the pieces to obtain the ultimate truth that we all seek (Like Link and the Triforce). Or maybe not meant to figure out, but could if we felt like it. Maybe the universe just exists in the way that there's an opposite to everything, in order for anything to exist, and there's no point in connecting the pieces, they're already set the way they should be, and this whole "search for knowledge" that humans do is just a game we invented to keep ourselves busy, that never was part of nature's plan. ??? I could speculate for years. The possibilities are infinite when the ones trying to figure it out (all of us humans), have such little knowledge of life overall.

I will not however insist that some singular deity whom I've never seen in my entire life, or have any evidence to believe exists, is responsible for it all. It's dumb to come up with that idea and settle on it for no reason other than "it sounds good." You will never hear or see me using a man-made character to fill in the gaps in our knowledge. Is a singular deity a possibility? Sure, I suppose, but just as possible as any of the other possibilities we could come up with, including the ones I just mentioned. To settle on one idea, and block out all others, and claim it's true with no evidence solidifying it, just because it sounds like "the best" explanation to you at the time...doesn't make it real, or factual.

We should keep our minds open at all times until the actual, solid, verifiable evidence comes along for any of our theories, if that even happens. There's nothing wrong with entertaining all these theories, including the ones of religions, but the problem with religions is that they always claim their theories are facts, without evidence. That's extremely stupid in my opinion. Who knows....maybe the truth behind the universe and life is something none of us have even fathomed yet...I just think people should wait for evidence to appear before making any claims of factuality. That's just one of many things I feel to be ridiculous about religions.

The only thing I know is that I don't know. None of us do. I think we're all just here, wandering around, living and learning, trying to figure things out, and our egos convince us that we're somehow more important than any other species, and we go through our lives believing that we've made some big changes to the world, when in reality, in comparison to what nature does by itself, we have done next to nothing. We just like to think that we have. Cause it feels good to think we're important. Now, are humans part of nature? Yes, but I think we're the ignorant part of nature, that for some reason imagines itself detached from what it's actually connected to, and arrogantly believes that it's greater than the rest of the pieces of the puzzle to this natural system.

Hope that eases your curiosity a bit. I could say more, but, this will have to do for now. I want to respond to other posts. :)

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#234 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

I'm still gonna smoke it no matter what's said about it:lol:

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Deity_Slapper

I'm still gonna smoke it no matter what's said about it:lol:

Squire_Ramza

Word.

Because what's most important is that you do what you like, not what others tell you to do. Life is too short to be anyones' slave.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Jandurin

weed doesn't even really affect you short term memory. it just makes you not care enough about some things to want to remember them.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#238 atejas
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
Meh. Scientific studies are inconclusive. Look at demographics. The netherlands has the 24th highest population density in the world, and yet the 15-24 year old murder rate is (approx.) 1/24th that of the US. This is, of course, not only because of marijuana.