MOVIE NEWS: R-Rated Anchorman 2 Hits Theaters Next Week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

For those who might have missed Anchorman 2 the first time around--like me--here's your chance to catch it theaters next week for one week only...but you might want to leave the kids at home for this one.

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: Supersized R-Rated Version will open in about 1,000 theaters Feb. 28 in an re-worked version with way more raunchy humor than in the original PG-13 version. The news was confirmed by both Will Ferrell on Thursday's The Tonight Show, and director/co-writer Adam McKay for the New York Times.

Initially, it was supposed to be part of an extended version for the DVD release with additional scenes. But when the director was informed that they have a longer R-rated version with over 700 new jokes and that the studio wanted to put it in theaters, they decided to go balls out, replacing original gags with the new ones--resulting in a movie much longer than the original 2 hr. run time. For those that can't see it, both version will be available on DVD April 1.

What's your take...is it worth going back to theaters to see this?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Never got all the fuzz about the first one (7/10) but if I were to see the second one it would definitely be this version.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

If I got some guys together to see it, sure; I enjoy the Anchorman movies enough to want to see what kind of ridiculous sh*t they can come up when not restricted by the rating. I don't think I'd shell out the money to see it again if just by myself though.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Never got all the fuzz about the first one (7/10) but if I were to see the second it would definitely be this version.

The first one wasn't bad, from what I remember. I'm surprised that there's gonna be 2 totally different versions of the movie. I'm gonna wait until the DVD release to check this out, though.

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I am getting pumped up for Anchorman 2 being released again in the theatres, I can't wait to go see it.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Well what do ya know? I did miss it in theaters the first time. And I would much rather see this version anyway.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Haven't watched the original version so this is great news but I still have to wait for the DVD release in order to be able to get my hands on a decent video quality.

I very much enjoyed the first movie, there's something very endearing and humorous about Farrell in general and his role in this movie franchise in particular. The settings of Anchorman's movies help a lot too :P

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I meant to watch it but I never got to it. If they're playing in San Antonio I'll check it out next week, otherwise I'll wait until the Blu Ray.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Missed it on theatre as well and its not going to release again in my city i guess, i'll wait for its blu ray copy. Tell me something, first one was not so funny for me ( i enjoyed adam mackey's Talledega Nights, Step Brothers more ), is Anchorman 2 is more funny and better than original ?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

first one was a lot funnier, but the second one has it's moments