Movie News: Mike Myers To Plague Humanity With Austin Powers 4

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

In order for most people to succeed in Hollywood, you have to learn to evolve and grow both as a performer and a writer. Don't be afraid to try something different and original.

Apparently, Mike Myers just doesn't get it.

Fresh off the box office dud that was The Love Guru, Myers has started writing Austin Powers 4. According to the article's writer "It's very personal with a father and son theme loosely based on his own life," a insider told him. and apparently New Line Cinema is taking a liking to the idea. It's also supposed to be an homage to his late father who passed away back in 1991.

S...because Myers has long standing daddy issues, instead of seeking professional help, he's gonna make the rest of us suffer with more mediocre films? I think dear old dad died of embarrassment if you ask me.

But, seriously...is anyone really looking forward to another Austin Powers film? There's been some decent comedies coming out over the past few years, and this just seems like a desperate grab at rapidly fading glory by going back to a type of juvenille humor that seems dated. He's no longer a hot item in Hollywood, and I just don't see this ending well for him. Anyway, here's the article.

Thoughts?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I liked the Austin Powers Films, I think they are the only films of mike myers worth watching.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Thats very rude...

Ill watch another Austin Powers film. As long as its better than Zohan... That was horrible.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#4 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Austin Powers got lame after 2

:(
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
At least I won't be wasting money by seeing it in theatres if it gets the go ahead.
Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts
As long as there isn't a sequel to The Love Guru, he can do whatever the hell he wants for all I care.
massiv-damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 massiv-damage
Member since 2007 • 1204 Posts
The other three Austin Powers movies were hilarious!
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I liked the Austin Powers Films, I think they are the only films of mike myers worth watching. ferrari2001

Is Wayne's World by Mike Myers? That was awesome :) And I like the Austin Powers movies :|

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Has he thought of doing more Dr Seuss stories?
plague32390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 plague32390
Member since 2003 • 1765 Posts
Mike Myers has been milking his dads death for years now to get sympathy from studios to give him money for his crap projects, with the exception of the Austin Powers series because they are the only successful thing he has done, ever.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I like the Austin Powers films.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Actually, I've enjoyed all Austin Powers movies so far...
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts
"Make us suffer"? If you don't like it don't watch it. Let the people that do want it enjoy it.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
...and it'll take in $200 million at the box office.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Im seeing it trust me.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

"Make us suffer"? If you don't like it don't watch it. Let the people that do want it enjoy it.CuDDKiDD

Relax, man. I'm not insulting anyone who watches and enjoys his films. Besides, I run a video store...I'm gonna wind up seeing his films at one point or another, weither I want to or not.

wizard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 wizard90
Member since 2007 • 1464 Posts
I like the movies, and its not like they just churn out one after another like other movie franchises, its been years since the last one.
Avatar image for Greenwhitegreen
Greenwhitegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Greenwhitegreen
Member since 2006 • 6315 Posts
I think I've watched them all...but they are all so smilier I don't know...from what I remember I like the one with the guy and the son...twas quiet funny.
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

[QUOTE="CuDDKiDD"]"Make us suffer"? If you don't like it don't watch it. Let the people that do want it enjoy it.Hallenbeck77

Relax, man. I'm not insulting anyone who watches and enjoys his films. Besides, I run a video store...I'm gonna wind up seeing his films at one point or another, weither I want to or not.

I didn't mean to come off like an !@#. It bothers me when people become over dramatic about little things. Besides, Austin Powers is mindless fun.

plague32390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 plague32390
Member since 2003 • 1765 Posts

[QUOTE="plague32390"]Mike Myers has been milking his dads death for years now to get sympathy from studios to give him money for his crap projects, with the exception of the Austin Powers series because they are the only successful thing he has done, ever.-Austin-

Are you an idiot? He was on SNL.

Yeah, I know, but I'm mainly talking about his movies.

ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ssc0n
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts

[QUOTE="plague32390"]Mike Myers has been milking his dads death for years now to get sympathy from studios to give him money for his crap projects, with the exception of the Austin Powers series because they are the only successful thing he has done, ever.-Austin-

Money-wise?
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

I like the movies, and its not like they just churn out one after another like other movie franchises, its been years since the last one.wizard90

True...but what I wondering is does he still have what it takes to make it successful for both fans and the studio? Like you said, it's been years since the last Powers film, and Love Guru tanked hard. Maybe he's lost his touch to write something funny.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

I'm actually going to check out the Love Guru when it comes out on video. I've heard some people say there was a lot of stuff geared towards Canadians that American critics wouldn't understand, and that's why it got panned.

Plus critics seemed to love Get Smart, so how could I honestly listen to them? :|

EDIT: Myers should just try to get a Sprockets movie off the ground again.

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Neoyamaneko
Member since 2004 • 4207 Posts

Using his dead father as an excuse to keep his career on life support. :roll:

With this and Drek 4, he'll squeeze enough dough from the automotons to stay semi-relevant for a few more years.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts
[QUOTE="-Austin-"]

[QUOTE="plague32390"]Mike Myers has been milking his dads death for years now to get sympathy from studios to give him money for his crap projects, with the exception of the Austin Powers series because they are the only successful thing he has done, ever.plague32390

Yeah, I know, but I'm mainly talking about his movies.

Well, you said the Austin Powers films were the only successful things he has ever done. He did SNL. SNL was very successful. Even speaking just movies, he was in both The Grinch,Waynes World and Shrek.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
While number 2 was far better than 3.......It was still funny....I can't complain....the relationship between Scott Evil and Dr Evil is hysterical....
Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Neoyamaneko
Member since 2004 • 4207 Posts

I'm actually going to check out the Love Guru when it comes out on video. I've heard some people say there was a lot of stuff geared towards Canadians that American critics wouldn't understand, and that's why it got panned.

Vyse_The_Daring

If it makes you feel any better, The Love Guru was hated in other countries too.

Well, you said the Austin Powers films were the only successful things he has ever done. He did SNL. SNL was very successful. Even speaking just movies, he was in both The Grinch,Waynes World and Shrek.

-Austin-

That was Jim Carrey in the Grinch. Myers did the terrible "Cat in the Hat".

SpidersRMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpidersRMe
Member since 2006 • 6201 Posts
The Austin Powers movies weren't horrible, and they all managed to get a few laughs out of me.
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]

Neoyamaneko

If it makes you feel any better, The Love Guru was hated in other countries too.

Haha I know, but most of the reviews I read were by Americans. And people from other countries wouldn't get the Canadian jokes either. :P

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
CAN'T WAIT! although Goldmember wasn't very good tho. stil the first 2 were callsics!
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

I think dear old dad died of embarrassment if you ask me. Hallenbeck77
"Myers said this week he conceived the film's plot during a "spiritual quest" of self-discovery to help him cope with his dad's death in 1991 following a long battle with Alzheimer's disease."

Alzheimer's. And wasn't Wayne's World released in '92?

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

Plus critics seemed to love Get Smart, so how could I honestly listen to them? :|

Vyse_The_Daring
I'd love to see a Sprockets movie.
DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts

In order for most people to succeed in Hollywood, you have to learn to evolve and grow both as a performer and a writer. Don't be afraid to try something different and original.

Fresh off the box office dud that was The Love Guru, Myers has started writing Austin Powers 4. According to the article's writer "It's very personal with a father and son theme loosely based on his own life," a insider told him. and apparently New Line Cinema is taking a liking to the idea. It's also supposed to be an homage to his late father who passed away back in 1991.

S...because Myers has long standing daddy issues, instead of seeking professional help, he's gonna make the rest of us suffer with more mediocre films? I think dear old dad died of embarrassment if you ask me.

But, seriously...is anyone really looking forward to another Austin Powers film? There's been some decent comedies coming out over the past few years, and this just seems like a desperate grab at rapidly fading glory by going back to a type of juvenille humor that seems dated. He's no longer a hot item in Hollywood, and I just don't see this ending well for him. Anyway, here's the article.

Thoughts?

Hallenbeck77

Why so rude? It's an enjoyable movie with low-IQ jokes.... doesnt mean it lacks of origina ideasl or is a plague.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]I think dear old dad died of embarrassment if you ask me. scorch-62

"Myers said this week he conceived the film's plot during a "spiritual quest" of self-discovery to help him cope with his dad's death in 1991 following a long battle with Alzheimer's disease."

I read the article; I was just being a a-hole when I said that. Wayne's World wasn't bad, neither was the first Austin Powers...it was the second one on that I felt that the series was getting to be awful.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 scorch-62
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]I think dear old dad died of embarrassment if you ask me. Hallenbeck77

I read the article; I was just being a a-hole when I said that. Wayne's World wasn't bad, neither was the first Austin Powers...it was the second one on that I felt that the series was getting to be awful.

I'm aware. Just felt like throwing that out there before anyone else did :P

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I liked the first two I rent when it comes to DVD.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Thoughts?

DrCoCoPiMp

Why so rude? It's an enjoyable movie with low-IQ jokes.... doesnt mean it lacks of origina ideasl or is a plague.

Relax... it's just a dopey article, and I'm not insulting anyone who watches them. And to me, the second and third films seems to simiar to each other to tell the difference from one another. In my opinion (it's just an opinion, mind you) it looks like he's just going back to familiar territory because his last film tanked, and he's trying to get another hit under his belt.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Austin Powers went downhill after number 2.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 scorch-62

Personally, I'm looking forward to another Austin Powers movie. I thought all three were great. :D

Well, you said the Austin Powers films were the only successful things he has ever done. He did SNL. SNL was very successful. Even speaking just movies, he was in The Grinch, Waynes World and Shrek.-Austin-

Grammar Nazi has fixed this error.

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]

Travo_basic

I'd love to see a Sprockets movie.

He tried to make one before. I've heard mixed reports about what happened, one of them being that the studio tried to 'dumb down' the movie (pretty much make it like the 3rd Austin Powers), and he called the whole thing off.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MKHavoc
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts
I think the movie will be a success no matter what.
metal_snake33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 metal_snake33
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts

Its funny how the TC seems like the only one who hates Austin Powers here.

im looking forward to it as well, it sounds good.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
I liked the Austin Powers films. Sure, they're not great movies, but they are indeed funny. Hopefully this one is up to par with the rest of the series.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

Its funny how the TC seems like the only one who hates Austin Powers here.

im looking forward to it as well, it sounds good.

metal_snake33

It doesn't bother me any. Evereyone likes different things. In fact, I hope that it is a good film; it sucks to put down good money for a film you're looking forward to, and then finding out it blows. We've all been there before.

Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts
The first 3 Austin Powers movies were awesome. Fact.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
I love the Austin Powers movies.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
I thought the Austin Power movies were quite funny, although it the quality went down in Goldmember. Still, I would definitely see a 4th Austim Powers just for the mindless fun.