Most overrated band

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 stedtfeld
Member since 2008 • 1506 Posts

For me it would for sure be Dragonforce. Everybody thinks they are so great when they actually have no talent and are terrible live.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

The Beatles.

*Prepares Flame shield*

euliaeulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 euliaeulia
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts
most bands are.
horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts
Toss up between U2 and Coldplay. I am not saying that they aren't good, I just don't think they live up to all the hype (and a lot of hype it is)
GrammarKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GrammarKills
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
Fall Out Boy is the most overrated band in my opinion, none of their songs really appeal to me.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stedtfeld
Fall Out Boy is the most overrated band in my opinion, none of their songs really appeal to me.GrammarKills
yeah they are pretty overrated
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Fall Out Boy. So famous yet so horrible.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

For me it would for sure be Dragonforce. Everybody thinks they are so great when they actually have no talent and are terrible live.

stedtfeld

Agreed, also the bands in your sig to be honest.

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

Fall Out Boy. So famous yet so horrible.Zaeryn

It is truly sad T_T Better bands like Artic Monkeys IMO dont get the credit they deserve.

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 buxboy
Member since 2004 • 6940 Posts
The beatles, U2.
Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
The Who...
NephilimRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NephilimRising
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
In my metallic circles i'd have to say Byzantine.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]

skullkrusher13

Agreed, also the bands in your sig to be honest.

well I don't see how A7X is really that overrated
sponge316464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sponge316464
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts

The Beatles.

*Prepares Flame shield*

VanHelsingBoA64
I agree....I LOVE The Beatles though. They're a great band that I enjoy listening too...but they're overrated.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stedtfeld
Another overrated band is nirvana
eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm going to say ACDC. Wherever you go somebody is always listening to it, the music they play requires no skill, and you would think everybody would be sick of it after hearing every song at least 90 times. There's my rant.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16038 Posts

:lol:

An Avenged Sevenfold fan shouldn't ever speak of 'lack of talent'. Although there are much worse bands than A7X...such as Made in Mexico and Atreyu.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Coldplay & The Rolling Stones.
drake6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 drake6669
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]Fall Out Boy. So famous yet so horrible.TanKLoveR

It is truly sad T_T Better bands like Artic Monkeys IMO dont get the credit they deserve.

This. Also, I think that Sum 41 is terribly overrated. There new stuff sounds like Blink 182 who will always be better.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stedtfeld

An Avenged Sevenfold fan shouldn't ever speak of 'lack of talent'. Although there are much worse bands than A7X...such as Made in Mexico and Atreyu.

dracula_16
I think there's something wrong with you saying that avenged sevenfold doesn't have talent. Who do you think has talent?
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

stedtfeld

I think there's something wrong with you saying that avenged sevenfold doesn't have talent. Who do you think has talent?

The only genuine talent of A7X is that they somehow manged to get lucky enough to be in the position that they are in. That's about it.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

Blood-Scribe

The only genuine talent of A7X is that they somehow manged to get lucky enough to be in the position that they are in. That's about it.

Ok explain how they don't have talent.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dracula_16
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

stedtfeld

If we're talking about raw talent then there's Metallica's old stuff, Iron Maiden, Buckethead. I'm not going to be a dinosaur and only talk about old music because there's some cool new bands like Evile and Black Tide.

I just don't like some of the newer metal/metalcore like As I Lay Dying, Atreyu and A7X. I just found it ironic that you said Dragonforce has no talent at all and you like A7X.

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
Jonas Brothers
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stedtfeld

dracula_16

If we're talking about raw talent then there's Metallica's old stuff, Iron Maiden, Buckethead. I'm not going to be a dinosaur and only talk about old music because there's some cool new bands like Evile and Black Tide.

I just don't like some of the newer metal/metalcore like As I Lay Dying, Atreyu and A7X. I just found it ironic that you said Dragonforce has no talent at all and you like A7X.

Ok well i agree that metallica, Iron Maiden, and buckethead do have talent but I really still don't see how A7X doesn't have talent and just compare A7X live to Dragonforce live and in my opinion if a band is bad live then they are just bad.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

stedtfeld

Um... Most people on here hate DragonForce and think that all they do is play fast.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]

MetroidPrimePwn

Um... Most people on here hate DragonForce and think that all they do is play fast.

I know
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dracula_16

Ok well i agree that metallica, Iron Maiden, and buckethead do have talent but I really still don't see how A7X doesn't have talent and just compare A7X live to Dragonforce live and in my opinion if a band is bad live then they are just bad.stedtfeld

Everyone plays poorly sometimes; that's part of being in a band. I personally don't go to concerts so your point doesn't concern me. Also, I wasn't saying that A7X has no talent-- I'm saying that I think they are not more talented than Dragonforce.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"]

MetroidPrimePwn

I know

:?

The people I'm talking about don't have to be on gamespot.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

stedtfeld

Well, for one, I find the vocals to be very bland. I can understand how the vocalist really isn't leaning towards metal vocals, and since it's my sort of thing, that's part of what I don't like about it. I'm all for clean vocals, that is of course, assuming they can pull it off. But it doesn't strike the right tone with me, especially throughout City of Evil. I gave that a try after attempting to enjoy their older, more metalcore stuff, but it didn't work out so well.

The guitar playing would be pretty decent if they didn't keep on throwing in all these annoying yet catchy riffs. What's more is that it's a little too analogous to more of an Iron Maiden and Guns N' Roses sound, which really doesn't appeal to me, because I find it to be distasteful for them of all bands to try and pull that off, which they don't. They didn't really bother to have many innovative solos for what they did put in, and the only saving grace here is that at least the drumming compliments it well enough. But when it comes to my musical tastes, that's not much of a saving grace.

All of this really wouldn't be much of a problem if they weren't aggrandized as much by what I've seen when people judge them for what they're worth. I just don't find them innovating, they seem to be going for a more catchy and shallow style, rather than an intrinsic and innovative one, and to top it all off, I get horribly annoyed when people make the mistake of saying they're metal when they clearly are not.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stedtfeld

[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]Ok well i agree that metallica, Iron Maiden, and buckethead do have talent but I really still don't see how A7X doesn't have talent and just compare A7X live to Dragonforce live and in my opinion if a band is bad live then they are just bad.dracula_16

Everyone plays poorly sometimes; that's part of being in a band. I personally don't go to concerts so your point doesn't concern me. Also, I wasn't saying that A7X has no talent-- I'm saying that I think they are not more talented than Dragonforce.

Um well what if a band always plays poorly? Are you saying that if a song is good on a CD then the band is talented?
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

Blood-Scribe

Well, for one, I find the vocals to be very bland. I can understand how the vocalist really isn't leaning towards metal vocals, and since it's my sort of thing, that's part of what I don't like about it. I'm all for clean vocals, that is of course, assuming they can pull it off. But it doesn't strike the right tone with me, especially through out City of Evil. I gave that a try after attempting to enjoy their older, more metalcore stuff, but it didn't work out so well.

The guitar playing would be pretty decent if they didn't keep on throwing in all these annoying yet catchy riffs. What's more is that it's a little too analogous to more of an Iron Maiden and Guns N' Roses sound, which really doesn't appeal to me, because I find it to be distasteful for them of all bands to try and pull that off, which they don't. They didn't really bother to have many innovative solos for what they did put in, and the only saving grace here is that at least the drumming compliments it well enough. But when it comes to my musical tastes, that's not much of a saving grace.

All of this really wouldn't be much of a problem if they weren't aggrandized as much by what I've seen when people judge them for what they're worth. I just don't find them innovating, they seem to be going for a more catchy and shallow style, rather than an intrinsic and innovative one, and to top it all off, I get horribly annoyed when people make the mistake of saying they're metal when they clearly are not.

That didn't explain how they don't have talent, that explained your opinion on music. I don't like some types of music, but I will still admit that the artist has talent if they do.
brettlotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 brettlotr
Member since 2004 • 4774 Posts
Either Tool or Radiohead.
kidwacky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kidwacky
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts
the aquabats lol
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stedtfeld
Either Tool or Radiohead.brettlotr
I think that Tool is kind of underrated.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dracula_16
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]Ok well i agree that metallica, Iron Maiden, and buckethead do have talent but I really still don't see how A7X doesn't have talent and just compare A7X live to Dragonforce live and in my opinion if a band is bad live then they are just bad.stedtfeld

Um well what if a band always plays poorly? Are you saying that if a song is good on a CD then the band is talented?

So I guess you're one of those people who think Dragonforce speed up their recordings in the studio...*sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw&feature=related

Both those guys are from Dragonforce. Notice how they're playing in time, in tune and they're hitting the notes that they should be hitting.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

stedtfeld

Well, for one, I find the vocals to be very bland. I can understand how the vocalist really isn't leaning towards metal vocals, and since it's my sort of thing, that's part of what I don't like about it. I'm all for clean vocals, that is of course, assuming they can pull it off. But it doesn't strike the right tone with me, especially through out City of Evil. I gave that a try after attempting to enjoy their older, more metalcore stuff, but it didn't work out so well.

That didn't explain how they don't have talent, that explained your opinion on music. I don't like some types of music, but I will still admit that the artist has talent if they do.

That explained why I don't think they have talent. There is no set standard for talent. There is no set standard for pretty much anything, it's all completely subjective and can only be passed on as agreeable for certain people rather than absolute. What I'm saying here is that I don't see how they have talent based on what I posted above. I'll admit, I can say the same thing about bands that I don't like but still acknowledge for at least being innovative in one way or another. But on the subject of A7X, I'm not going to say that they have talent, because I don't see any in their music.

MM87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MM87
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Metallica are pretty overrated. Their hit songs are good but their less popular songs aren't very good.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
[QUOTE="TanKLoveR"]

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]Fall Out Boy. So famous yet so horrible.drake6669

This. Also, I think that Sum 41 is terribly overrated. There new stuff sounds like Blink 182 who will always be better.

Not even. First of all, Blink 182 is great, but Sum 41 doesn't sound like them at all. Second of all, Sum 41 lost a member, so they had to change it up a bit, but they still don't sound like Blink 182. Thirdly, Sum 41 is UNDER-rated if anything.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stedtfeld

[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]Ok well i agree that metallica, Iron Maiden, and buckethead do have talent but I really still don't see how A7X doesn't have talent and just compare A7X live to Dragonforce live and in my opinion if a band is bad live then they are just bad.dracula_16

So I guess you're one of those people who think Dragonforce speed up their recordings in the studio...*sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw&feature=related

Both those guys are from Dragonforce. Notice how they're playing in time, in tune and they're hitting the notes that they should be hitting.

I never said I thought they sped up the recordings there are other ways to improve the song in studio. That video didn't prove anything to me.
UltimaSlayer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 UltimaSlayer94
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts

stedtfeld

You fail at life- why dont you try playing a guitar like Herman can?

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="stedtfeld"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

Blood-Scribe

That explained why I don't think they have talent. There is no set standard for talent. There is no set standard for pretty much anything, it's all completely subjective and can only be passed on as agreeable for certain people rather than absolute. What I'm saying here is that I don't see how they have talent based on what I posted above. I'll admit, I can say the same thing about bands that I don't like but still acknowledge for at least being innovative in one way or another. But on the subject of A7X, I'm not going to say that they have talent, because I don't see any in their music.

What do you mean? Talent is talent. If someone is bad at something like lets say missing notes on guitar, then they have less talent than someone who hits every note. You must be missing something because they do have talent.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blood-Scribe
What do you mean? Talent is talent. If someone is bad at something like lets say missing notes on guitar, then they have less talent than someone who hits every note. You must be missing something because they do have talent.stedtfeld

Alright, I'm just going to go ahead and set everything aside so I can get a better understanding of what talent means to you, since we seem to be using the term in different contexts. So tell me, what exactly would you define as talent to the point where it's arguably the most agreeable standard that could apply to anyone who cares, and point it out in A7X.

IxDRAILxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IxDRAILxI
Member since 2008 • 394 Posts
Fall Out Boy is the most overrated band in my opinion, none of their songs really appeal to me.GrammarKills
omg i hate them. but i think linkin park is the most over rated band. at the begining i thought they were good because they werent that popular but now that there new stuff sounds completly different i think there horribl.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]

UltimaSlayer94

You fail at life- why dont you try playing a guitar like Herman can?

I hate people who say things like that: "Why don't you try doing that if they're so bad?" I'm obviously not saying that I'm good at guitar I was saying that compared to other bands, DragonForce sucks.
A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 A_Tarkovsky
Member since 2008 • 2929 Posts
Bon Jovi
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dracula_16

[I never said I thought they sped up the recordings there are other ways to improve the song in studio. That video didn't prove anything to me.stedtfeld

You said they can't play well live and I just showed you that they can play their own songs just fine. I could spend hours digging through the internet to find more good performances but I'd be here all night.

ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts

To all who say The Beatles (or any other band, for that matter): Why?

My pick? Nirvana. People speak of Kurt Cobain as though he were some sort of martyred Rock messiah. Really, the music never appealed to me, I dislike Kurt's singing voice and, of course, the songs make no bloody sense at all.

stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stedtfeld
[QUOTE="stedtfeld"]

Blood-Scribe

What do you mean? Talent is talent. If someone is bad at something like lets say missing notes on guitar, then they have less talent than someone who hits every note. You must be missing something because they do have talent.

Alright, I'm just going to go ahead and set everything aside so I can get a better understanding of what talent means to you, since we seem to be using the term in different contexts. So tell me, what exactly would you define as talent to the point where it's arguably the most agreeable standard that could apply to anyone who cares, and point it out in A7X.

Ok when I say that A7X has talent, I am talking about mostly guitar and drums. I am saying that Synyster Gates (the guitarist) and The Rev (the drummer) have talent because they do not mess up or miss notes like some other bands will do. And the guitar is not that easy so he has talent not to mess up on harder parts.