Mid 20's crisis!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

Okay I am 25 and I guess I am having a crisis. I will be 26 in November and I feel like I haven't lived it up as much as I would have liked during my 20's. In college I didn't got out to bars and clubs much, but I am thinking maybe I should start living it up a little bit more before I hit 30 and become to old to do all the stuff people do in their 20's. Anyone else around my age feel the same way or had the same feelings?  What would you all suggest I do to live it up?  I don't do drugs or random sex though lol. 

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

My friends said I was weird and a loser for not really being into the club  and bar scene during my colege years....... lol. 

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

My friends said I was weird and a loser for not really being into the club  and bar scene during my colege years....... lol. 

djshowstopper87
That depends, what DID you do in College? What is your major? Where are you working now?
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5169 Posts

If you have a group of friends that you are close to just hang out with them and build memories with them that you can talk about and remember for the rest of your life.

I mean you can go out to bars/clubs and do that but don't worry about it.

As far as clubs go....the only reason people go there is to showcase their bodies for the opposite sex.....if you aren't single then you have no reason to go really.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Ah yes, the ol' quarter life crisis.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Okay I am 25 and I guess I am having a crisis. I will be 26 in November and I feel like I haven't lived it up as much as I would have liked during my 20's. In college I didn't got out to bars and clubs much, but I am thinking maybe I should start living it up a little bit more before I hit 30 and become to old to do all the stuff people do in their 20's. Anyone else around my age feel the same way or had the same feelings?  What would you all suggest I do to live it up?  I don't do drugs or random sex though lol. 

djshowstopper87

Welp, there goes my suggestion.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Do you want to do those things or do you feel you need to do those things?

Ernesto_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ernesto_basic
Member since 2002 • 2123 Posts

When I was 25, my quarter-life crisis wasn't that I had not "lived it up" enough -- rather, I was dissapointed that I had not achieved enough in my career at that point. We're all different when it comes to motivations, so what's good for me may not be so much for you, but then again, I've never put much stock in the "YOLO" lifestyle that many follow these days.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

This is probably a result of you not getting out much, but you probably haven't noticed the demographics of people walking around the late-night venues.  Or, perhaps, noticing every major entertainment industry that's putting a renewed emphasis on higher-class experiences?  Bowling alleys, arcades, movie theaters, entire districts "main streets" devoted to nothing but restaurants, bakeries, shopping, etc. Trust me when I say that not doing this stuff in your 20's means nothing.  Literally, nothing.  Most of the people taking advantage of those destinations (or are demanding the quality of typical entertainment be upgraded) are in their 30's. 

I can tell you from experience that Brunswick Zone, typically known for kids birthday parties and skee-ball, has remodeled many of their locations to attract the late 20's, 30's crowd.  I just helped my firm, known for commercial/entertainment, design the prototype for their flagship location.  The lanes are split down the middle by a raised bar that goes all the way back to the setters.  Hard wood flooring, leather couches/recliners, darker tones/lighting, designated smoking lanes, sit-down restaurants with coffered ceilings, etc.  No arcade.  Same goes for Red Robins, Smash Burger, Chick-Fil-A, frozen yogurt boutiques, etc. 

Entire industries are realizing they need to cater to a more "sophisticated" crowd.  By "sophisticated" I mean less children, or no children, with a little extra disposable income.  Yes, the economy is pretty stagnant but that means everything I just explained makes more sense.  People want to spend what little extra money they have on entertainment that isn't punctured by the wailing of screaming children, dirty and smoke-filled venues, and shitty food.

So don't worry.  The 30's, in this generation, will be the best part of your life.  Look forward to it.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Honestly dude, clubs are nothing to go crazy about

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Did you at least make progress in your career? Cause clubbing doesn't mean shit
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
You can still go clubbing. YOURE ONLY 25 DUMMY!
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Ah yes, the ol' quarter life crisis.

Pirate700
I've heard of that. Funny thing is, 25 is a quarter of 100, but most people don't live to be 100, so "one-third life crisis" is probably more appropriate. :P
Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Did you at least make progress in your career? Cause clubbing doesn't mean shitbobaban
Truth.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

djshowstopper87

Well you're in your 20's so if I were you, I guess I would try to go to another country, take up a new hobby, take some community college classes to learn a langauge or something that interests you, or, since you're under 30, try to join the military either as enlisted or officer. 

There are plenty of oppurtunities out there but don't waste it on clubbing.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
I guess we're different then because I'm in my early 20s and the only thing I can possibly think of now is getting a good job that pays nicely so I can live by myself comfortably and hopefully have my own house by the time I'm 30. The clubbing and partying can come later.
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

Just live your life dude. There's no manual for what you need to do and by which age you need to do it by lol.

TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

Try it once. You'll remember why you didn't want to do it before.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

do what i do, live paycheck to paycheck. blow your money on pointless things that will bring you joy for about 1 day to a week. and then move on to the next thing. don't regret the choices you make, that's for later in life.

y'all think i'm joking but i'm not. last week i pre-order both pokemon xy, dropped $80 on the mighty no. 9 kickstarter, and bought a couple meals on groupon. this week just started, so i haven't done anything yet. but i am going to a con this weekend, and i plan to just drink at the hotel bar.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I had a crisis once. I punched it in the face.