Metallica vs Megadeth

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Well I cant really bash either because I love both, but I would have to go with Megadeth.
Franken_Berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Franken_Berry
Member since 2004 • 5968 Posts

Seeing as Megadeth still kicks ass and Metallica is far from anything that could be considered a kicked ass, Metallica.

Also, my bulletproof defense is the following: Lars Ulrich. That is all.

Whight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Whight_Knight
Member since 2007 • 5725 Posts

Seeing as Megadeth still kicks ass and Metallica is far from anything that could be considered a kicked ass, Metallica.

Also, my bulletproof defense is the following: Lars Ulrich. That is all.

Franken_Berry

Yeah.Greedy bastard.

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
I used to listen exclusively to Megadeth, but soon after, I got into Metallica and I love them both equally.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts

Metallic is a bunch of theaves. They stole the third from last letter of Megadeath and just stuck it on the end of their own title and pretended that the letter belonged to them. Megadeth is innocent and I won't rest until Metallica pays for their crime! They just aren't the same without 'death' being spelled right and Metallica is to blame

Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

Dave Mustaine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kirk Hammett.

That is all.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#57 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I love both bands. I think both bands are amazing thrash metal bands. That being said, I'd pick Metallica. Metallica's song writing and structure for their first three albums is unbelievable. Hetfield's classical backround really helped with Metallica's sound, and it's evident in many of their songs. Plus, Kirk Hammet was great too. Let's not forget Cliff Burton, an awesome bassist. The only thing that kind of sucks about Megadeth, is they always have a different lineup. It's Dave Mustiane, and a new guitarist,bassist, and drummer for almost all of their albums(I know, I almost have all of their albums) However, Megadeth still rocks, and is one of my favorite bands as well.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts
I don't listen to either but I've heard enough of the two to choose Megadeth. Hetfield and the "Metallica sound" really annoy me.
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

Megadeth by far. Mustaine is a genius songwriter and his style is always consistent despite the ever changing lineup. While I do still like Metallica, I find more and more that I have to be in the mood to listen to it. I think it's the horrible sounding drums.

Mechanix > Four Horsemen

Mustaine > Hammet

Friedman > All of Metallica

clock_of_omens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clock_of_omens
Member since 2005 • 5595 Posts
metallica
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
i guess metallica for me. but my favourite thrash band is Annihilator. Jeff Waters = Epic McAwesome Sauce
zzz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 zzz20
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts
metallica
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Megadeth by far. Mustaine is a genius songwriter and his style is always consistent despite the ever changing lineup. While I do still like Metallica, I find more and more that I have to be in the mood to listen to it. I think it's the horrible sounding drums.

Mechanix > Four Horsemen

Mustaine > Hammet

Friedman > All of Metallica

AirGuitarist87

I totally agree with you.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#65 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Metallica. They put out one of the best albums ever, Master of Puppets. Plus they're one of my favs:P I could never get into Megadeth, something about Mustaine's "singing" (more like talking) turned me off
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#66 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts

"look at me. I'm a Master Of Puppets fanboy. I hate when bands try to reinvent themselfes, instead of just copying previuos stuff"

Metallica with Cliff Burton > Megadeth
Metallica with Jason Newsted > Megadeth
Metallica with Robert Trujillo > Megadeth

mGard
I dunno about that last one:P atleast Megadeth can keep atleast half-decent records going
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Metallica, Black Album and before.
mhfpunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mhfpunisher
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

I do like Metallica, I think they are a great band. They lost alot of credibility with me when the did the album with the orchestra. That was about the lamest thing I have ever seen a band do.

AndrewSuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AndrewSuh
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

Megadeth. Without Dave Mustaine, Metallica never would have gotten so big. Besides, Megadeth is just better. They didn't sell out like Metallica.

Oh yeah and its The Mechanix, NOT The Four Horsemen.

GreenmonsterBLS

Then explain why Megadeth released Risk.

Anyways, both bands put out some solid thrash albums, but the majority of both bands discographies are filled with fail. Megadeth aren't very good live, and Mustaine fanboys get on my nerves. Metallica wins for me, partly because my dislike for Dave Mustaine, and partly because they get major kudos for covering a bunch of Mercyful Fate songs live.

AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 AsakuraHao2004
Member since 2004 • 8186 Posts

Megadeth. Without Dave Mustaine, Metallica never would have gotten so big. Besides, Megadeth is just better. They didn't sell out like Metallica.

GreenmonsterBLS

Hell Yes!

Megadeth FTW!

We need some 'Hangar 18' here.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts

Neither. Had to pick one, Megadeth.zeppelin_64

Also neither, but Metallica is better of the two evils.

south411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 south411
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
METALLICA!
agux987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 agux987
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts
Metallica!
brettlotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 brettlotr
Member since 2004 • 4774 Posts
[QUOTE="GreenmonsterBLS"]

AndrewSuh

Anyways, both bands put out some solid thrash albums, but the majority of both bands discographies are filled with fail. Megadeth aren't very good live, and Mustaine fanboys get on my nerves. Metallica wins for me, partly because my dislike for Dave Mustaine, and partly because they get major kudos for covering a bunch of Mercyful Fate songs live.

Dude, thats an awesome avatar you've got there.8)

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts

I have one Megadeth album, its not bad, but after a while all their songs kind of start to sound the same. I've never really "gotten into" Metallica, I avoid most mainstream bands; but from stuff I've heard seen on YouTube they are a pretty solid band.blackngold29
Yet you listen to both Dream Theater and Slipknot?

Carbine_Wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Carbine_Wasted
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts
metallica
Crysis_Pwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Crysis_Pwns
Member since 2007 • 806 Posts
You can't even compare them. Srsly. Metallica FTW
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Megadeth is like Metallica's retarded cousin.
niptuckSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 niptuckSean
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
Megadeth is better, Metallica is much more accessible though.
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts

Definitely Metallica for me. I think Kirk Hammett is a much more talented guitar player than Mustaine and I really have never cared for Mustaine's vocals.

vguitarman89
Lol dave mustane sings though..... but dave doesnt play lead, the guy who plays lead in megadeth is much better than kirk, too bad he just left the band a few months ago.... anyway id say megadeth
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

[QUOTE="pancreasjuice"]Metallica hands down, Megadeath is just 2nd rate metallica rip off. I mean the dude is ex-metallica, that cat just didnt cut itr_e_l_i_e_n_t

I want to punch you in the face. seriously. mustaine wrote most of the guitar in kill em' all. therefore 1 out of 3 of metallica's best albums was heavily influenced by mustaine. plus, megadeth is way more technical than metallica. most metallica songs can be learned fairly easy. i dare you to learn a megadeth song....yet alone sing lead vocals while playing it.

Mustaine helped write 4 of the 10 songs on Kill em' All, that's hardly most. As far as song writing goes James Hetfield is much better than Mustaine and Kirk Hammet is a more than capable lead guitar player, so therefore Metallica > Megadeth IMO.

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
Metallica then Megadeth now.
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Hockey_Slayer
[QUOTE="r_e_l_i_e_n_t"]

[QUOTE="pancreasjuice"]Metallica hands down, Megadeath is just 2nd rate metallica rip off. I mean the dude is ex-metallica, that cat just didnt cut itTyrantDragon55

I want to punch you in the face. seriously. mustaine wrote most of the guitar in kill em' all. therefore 1 out of 3 of metallica's best albums was heavily influenced by mustaine. plus, megadeth is way more technical than metallica. most metallica songs can be learned fairly easy. i dare you to learn a megadeth song....yet alone sing lead vocals while playing it.

Mustaine helped write 4 of the 10 songs on Kill em' All, that's hardly most. As far as song writing goes James Hetfield is much better than Mustaine and Kirk Hammet is a more than capable lead guitar player, so therefore Metallica > Megadeth IMO.

Its true what he said about learning there songs though. Metallica isn't all that hard but Megadeth on the other hand, now that takes skill.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="r_e_l_i_e_n_t"]

[QUOTE="pancreasjuice"]Metallica hands down, Megadeath is just 2nd rate metallica rip off. I mean the dude is ex-metallica, that cat just didnt cut itHockey_Slayer

Its true what he said about learning there songs though. Metallica isn't all that hard but Megadeth on the other hand, now that takes skill.

Just because it's harder to play doesn't mean it's better though.

TheZ3nMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheZ3nMan
Member since 2007 • 2658 Posts
I like both equally, though I applaud Megadeth for going back to their old style after risk. Metallica...tsk tsk. Shape up on the next album!
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Hockey_Slayer
[QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="r_e_l_i_e_n_t"]

[QUOTE="pancreasjuice"]Metallica hands down, Megadeath is just 2nd rate metallica rip off. I mean the dude is ex-metallica, that cat just didnt cut itTyrantDragon55

No I didn't say that tho. But still they both have good and bad songs, there both awesome imo.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I love Megadeth, much more than Metallica.
Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts

Metallica. They put out one of the best albums ever, Master of Puppets. Plus they're one of my favs:P I could never get into Megadeth, something about Mustaine's "singing" (more like talking) turned me off-Sniper99-

Meh. MOP isn't that good.

Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

AndrewSuh

Marty wanted to play pop music. But now hes out of the band and they play the good stuff again. Oh and Megadeth aren't good live? Have you even bothered to see them live? I saw them in September and they KILLED. I also met them all after the show they were very cool and signed and took pictures with everyone. And don't say its Dave's singing, James' is just as bad.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="r_e_l_i_e_n_t"]

[QUOTE="pancreasjuice"]Metallica hands down, Megadeath is just 2nd rate metallica rip off. I mean the dude is ex-metallica, that cat just didnt cut itHockey_Slayer

No I didn't say that tho. But still they both have good and bad songs, there both awesome imo.

I like a lot of Metallica's old stuff, not so much their new stuff. I've never really been much of a Megadeth fan, though I can see why people like them.

Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts
Tough call. Metallica's first four albums were amazing and the rest ranged from average to downright horrible. Megadeth has the consistency and Rust in Peace rivals whatever album you want to pick for Metallica's best. I think I would give the edge to Metallica though, just because those first four albums would get 9+ scores from myself.
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"]Metallica. They put out one of the best albums ever, Master of Puppets. Plus they're one of my favs:P I could never get into Megadeth, something about Mustaine's "singing" (more like talking) turned me offNecroKvltMuffin

Meh. MOP isn't that good.

I got really bored of that album, I use to listen to it a lot, but not anymore much, overrated in my opinion. The first two are awesome though.

iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts

Without Dave Mustaine, Metallica never would have gotten so big. GreenmonsterBLS

Metallica got big after they kicked him out of the band.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
Metallica is better in my opinion. While I mostly care for the music they created when they had long hair (so the last album in that category is the black album) I don't mind the newer stuff at all. Looking forward to to what they release next.
Avatar image for OPRFWrestler112
OPRFWrestler112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 OPRFWrestler112
Member since 2007 • 1570 Posts
Megadeth. They are harder, faster, more talented, and have better lyrics than Metallica.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TyrantDragon55

Metallica is better in my opinion. While I mostly care for the music they created when they had long hair (so the last album in that category is the black album) I don't mind the newer stuff at all. Looking forward to to what they release next.Nifty_Shark

From what I hear their new album supposedly sounds a lot more like old school Metallica, here's hoping.

Dethshoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dethshoot
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Both had their moments and both turned into trash.GodLovesDead

are you kidding me? United Abominations being trash?

Wow.

Dethshoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Dethshoot
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Without Dave Mustaine, Metallica never would have gotten so big. iwokojance

Dave Mustaine wrote their awesome songs' riffs.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts

Megadeath... :lol:

Totally Metallica

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="iwokojance"][QUOTE="GreenmonsterBLS"]

Without Dave Mustaine, Metallica never would have gotten so big. Dethshoot

Dave Mustaine wrote their awesome songs' riffs.

He helped write 4 songs on 1 album, Metallica became big long after Mustaine left.