McCain going crazy over lipstick pig!

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts

Obama says something about putting lipstick on a pig and McCain immediately calls the Obama campaign desperate in calling Palin a pig. Doesn't that make him desperate since he is heavily attacking this statement which means almost nothing? It's how people take it, and McCain has is obviously trying to focus more on the small bad things Obama does than the big issues at hand.

Too bad the American public can't realize this, because McCain knows that making big news about this will get to voters, not his criticisms of Obama's Healthcare program(you obviously won't see this on CNN consistently. All I see on news networks today is lipstick pig!). What do you guys think?

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts
She is one hot pig.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Its funny because Mccain used the exact same line when talking about Hilary once.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

Its funny because Mccain used the exact same line when talking about Hilary once.tman93

and there wasnt any outrage as it is now...

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
No he said "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". And he was talking about Palin, So technically according just to his speech he just called Palin a pig. I'd be all over it to, if someone called my friend a pig. It was his pathetic attempt to counter her bulldog, and Hocky mom joke. It didn't work very well.
Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hey_Jay
Member since 2004 • 7221 Posts

Its funny because Mccain used the exact same line when talking about Hilary once.tman93

True... and Obama wasn't even referring to her in the first place.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts
Yeah but calling a witch a pig is a compliment. ;)
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts

No he said "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". And he was talking about Palin, So technically according just to his speech he just called Palin a pig. I'd be all over it to, if someone called my friend a pig. It was his pathetic attempt to counter her bulldog, and Hocky mom joke. It didn't work very well.ferrari2001

he wasnt talking about palin he was comparing Bush and McCain :?

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"]Its funny because Mccain used the exact same line when talking about Hilary once.Pirate700
Yeah but calling a witch a pig is a compliment. ;)

I was waiting for someone to say something like that the second after I hit the submit button....
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
No he said "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". And he was talking about Palin, So technically according just to his speech he just called Palin a pig. I'd be all over it to, if someone called my friend a pig. It was his pathetic attempt to counter her bulldog, and Hocky mom joke. It didn't work very well.ferrari2001
He wan't talking about Palin. He was talking about how McCain's polisies were similar to Bush's. The problem is the audience assumed he was talking about her and he should've corrected them.
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RyuHayabusaX

Obama should quickly counter in a big way by showing McCain saying the same thing, talk about how McCain is desperate by dissecting his own remarks to benefit his campaign, and then start attacking McCain's policies nonstop. He should also send a message about how Palin might not have as big of an impact and focus the battle between Obama and McCain.

There's a VP debate, right? Palin always tries to be inspirational or whatever but if Joe Biden can pull it off at the debate, they will dominate!

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alexmurray

Even Bill O'Reilly thinks it would be a good idea for McCain to drop it.

Bill O'Reilly.

Bio_Spark

And Mike huckbe

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Even Bill O'Reilly thinks it would be a good idea for McCain to drop it.

Bill O'Reilly.

Bio_Spark

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

Really McCain knows how to use the phrase as well...

I like McCain, he probably won't get my vote but I still like the guy. This petty crap is really disappointing.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Obama should quickly counter in a big way by showing McCain saying the same thing, talk about how McCain is desperate by dissecting his own remarks to benefit his campaign, and then start attacking McCain's policies nonstop. He should also send a message about how Palin might not have as big of an impact and focus the battle between Obama and McCain.

There's a VP debate, right? Palin always tries to be inspirational or whatever but if Joe Biden can pull it off at the debate, they will dominate!

RyuHayabusaX

Naw... that would be just as petty as McCain is being. You can't raise the level of debate by stooping to that level. Just call it like it is, a dumb effort to manufacture pointless controversy, and stick to the real topics.

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

Clicky!!!

:roll: I love the double standards of NeoCons.

:o Someone posted it before me!!!

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RyuHayabusaX
[QUOTE="RyuHayabusaX"]

duxup

Naw... that would be just as petty as McCain is being. You can't raise the level of debate by stooping to that level. Just call it like it is, a dumb effort to manufacture pointless controversy, and stick to the real topics.

It's too bad that the only things that get into the minds of Americans are lipstick and pig because they're all over the news today and John McCain knew that if he heavily criticized it, that is what would be in the heads of the majority americans that are into voting but not into politics. The Debate will be a huge deciding factor. I know this seems out of this world, but maybe they could find a way so that Joe Biden has to quit(ie make up a health problem) and then Obama immediately chooses Clinton.
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

It's hard to say. For one, Obama intentionally did it most likely for this very reason. Maybe the plan just backfired.

Then again, thats what I think, I may be way in the outfield.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
You make me weep for humanity. Try to spin it how you want, but people know the truth behind it, and it's not in your favour.
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
Obama 0'8
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bluezy
[QUOTE="Akm4everz"]Obama 0'8Bio_Spark
I'm pretty sure he's more than eight inches tall.

Bravo to you, good sir.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts

[QUOTE="Akm4everz"]Obama 0'8Bio_Spark

I'm pretty sure he's more than eight inches tall.

lol and you call urself an American

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bluezy
I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)battlefront23
How is he screwed for the debate? Because he thought people were smart enough to know it's an old saying that has recently been used by several politicians, including McCain?
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tman93

I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)battlefront23
Eh, the debates haven't started so don't go saying whos going to win now.... And theres more vocal conseratives than liberals on this fourm, so don't talk about this either.

Oh, and Mccain said the exact same pig comment to Hilary, so don't talk anymore please ;)

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alexmurray

I cant wait for this too be over it seems like Palin is running for president.

Give it a week and this will die down, people dont support her because of her values they support her because they can relate to her, In fact the McCain campaign knows this and has a team to protect it.

next week it will be McCain Vs Obama

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
This is so stupid that people are still talking about this. McCain and all his followers need to shut up and drop this. I'm not for either candidate so I'm not defending Obama, i just think this is amazingly stupid that this is being talked about as if it's a real issue.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

All this stupid stuff is not what this election is about.

It's about the issues.

I agree with Barack.

ENOUGH.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)bluezy
How is he screwed for the debate? Because he thought people were smart enough to know it's an old saying that has recently been used by several politicians, including McCain?

Because when the telemprompters go away, Obama will be toast. He'll set a new record for the amount of "uhs" in a presidential debate. BTW Why the hell do you care? You're in Canada... It's annoying when people who aren't from the US discuss our politics; you should be discussingyour home country's politics, not the US's.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tman93

[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)battlefront23

Because when the telemprompters go away, Obama will be toast. He'll set a new record for the amount of "uhs" in a presidential debate. BTW Why the hell do you care? You're in Canada... It's annoying when people who aren't from the US discuss our politics; you should be discussingyour home country's politics, not the US's.

now that I think of it you mentioned experiance as a factor in the debate, therefor Biden should destroy Palin in the VP debate.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bluezy
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)battlefront23

Well, i do discuss our politics, quite regularly, in fact. Is it wrong for a foreign opinion? The election doesn't only concern your country, it concerns plenty of countries, including mine.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)tman93

Eh, the debates haven't started so don't go saying whos going to win now.... And theres more vocal conseratives than liberals on this fourm, so don't talk about this either.

Oh, and Mccain said the exact same pig comment to Hilary, so don't talk anymore please ;)

:lol: Make me! Lol You obviously are ignoring my point. This is politics. His comment is understood by intelligent people like GS users. (I still don't know if it was truly an insult or not) But the average American has an... average intelligence. So what he said was not politically savvy (sp?) at all. Thank God he screwed up here so I don't have to be worried every night before I go to bed.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"]

[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)tman93

now that I think of it you mentioned experiance as a factor in the debate, therefor Biden should destroy Palin in the VP debate.

Presidential debates > Vice Presidential debates. Either way, I wouldn't count out Palin so easily.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"]

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)battlefront23

:lol: Make me! Lol You obviously are ignoring my point. This is politics. His comment is understood by intelligent people like GS users. (I still don't know if it was truly an insult or not) But the average American has an... average intelligence. So what he said was not politically savvy (sp?) at all. Thank God he screwed up here so I don't have to be worried every night before I go to bed.

So, Mccain said the exact same pig comment awhile back against Hilary, so according to you that makes him doomed before Obama, so I guess he wins lol.

I guess get ready to be worried every night before you go to bed.... or something :?

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)bluezy

Well, i do discuss our politics, quite regularly, in fact. Is it wrong for a foreign opinion? The election doesn't only concern your country, it concerns plenty of countries, including mine.

You don't live here, so I'm not trying to be rude, but why should I care what someone in another country thinks of us? (It would be like me saying something about Canada... How would I know? I don't live there.) So long as the US stands for what's right, I really could care less what other countries think of us.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

Presidential debates > Vice Presidential debates. Either way, I wouldn't count out Palin so easily.

Just using it to prove my point that mccain supporters have double standards. How is Obama screwed because Mccain is more experianced, but Palin is not? I know Presidential debates > VP debates, I was just proving a point.

Why is Obama doomed and Plain not, other than some blind conserative un-true "fact"

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="tman93"]

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)tman93

So, Mccain said the exact same pig comment awhile back against Hilary, so according to you that makes him doomed before Obama, so I guess he wins lol.

I guess get ready to be worried every night before you go to bed.... or something :?

Again dodging the point. With Palin's comment in her speech, Obama should've realized to not say anything about "lipstick". It's just political common sense.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

This lipstick pig issue is so off base...It's ridiculous that people are even talking about it...

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="tman93"]

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)battlefront23

Again dodging the point. With Palin's comment in her speech, Obama should've realized to not say anything about "lipstick". It's just political common sense.

Dude its just political bashing, just like how Palin dismissed the importance of being a communtiy manager.
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#41 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
Obama was talking about McCain and Bush. No where in the conversation did he even mention Palin. If McCain it seems is to stupid to realize that Obama wasn't talking about Palin in the first place.:roll:
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't know if Obama meant it as an insult, but it's a clear example of his inexperience. He should've known people would take it like this... It's his own stupidity. He's pretty much screwed when him and McCain debate. That will seal the deal for McCain. I'm scared to post this because this forum is practically Obama's fan club, but I thought I would anyway. ;)tman93

Just using it to prove my point that mccain supporters have double standards. How is Obama screwed because Mccain is more experianced, but Palin is not? I know Presidential debates > VP debates, I was just proving a point.

Why is Obama doomed and Plain not, other than some blind conserative un-true "fact"

Double standards? Hmm? Either way the only reason I support McCain is because Obama is his opponent and Obama can talk... and that's about it. And to add to that, he can't even talk when the teleprompters go away. That comment, his own socialistic (phail) philosophy, his flip flopping (yes I know McCain does too), he's black (I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for him because he's black it' just that some idiots will define someone by their skin color rather the candidate's stance on the issues), and lastly he's inexperienced. He won't win. Don't quote me on it, but I'm 90% sure he won't win.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bluezy
You don't live here, so I'm not trying to be rude, but why should I care what someone in another country thinks of us? (It would be like me syaing soemthing abotu Canada... How would I know? I don't live there.) So long as the US stands for what's right, I really could care less what other countries think of us.battlefront23
So my opinion on your politics is irrelevant just because i live a few minutes outside of your country?
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts
Obama knows a thing or two about important debates. McCain won't be able to hide the fact the his policies mirror Bush's. The debates are going to be fun.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]You don't live here, so I'm not trying to be rude, but why should I care what someone in another country thinks of us? (It would be like me syaing soemthing abotu Canada... How would I know? I don't live there.) So long as the US stands for what's right, I really could care less what other countries think of us.bluezy
So my opinion on your politics is irrelevant just because i live a few minutes outside of your country?

You don't live here so why would it? Same can be said about me and Canada politics.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bluezy
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You don't live here, so I'm not trying to be rude, but why should I care what someone in another country thinks of us? (It would be like me syaing soemthing abotu Canada... How would I know? I don't live there.) So long as the US stands for what's right, I really could care less what other countries think of us.battlefront23

You don't live here so why would it? Same can be said about me and Canada politics.

Well, you probably don't get Canadian media all around you every day, so i'd imagine it's probably pretty difficult to form an opinion on something completely foreign to you. American media is a very regular thing here, and we hear just as much as you do about things such as your upcoming election, so forming an opinion on your politics isn't a tough task. And you should care about what other people think about your country.
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 alexmurray
Nomater what country you are from the elections of the 5 most powerful nations is important
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You don't live here, so I'm not trying to be rude, but why should I care what someone in another country thinks of us? (It would be like me syaing soemthing abotu Canada... How would I know? I don't live there.) So long as the US stands for what's right, I really could care less what other countries think of us.bluezy

Well, you probably don't get Canadian media all around you every day, so i'd imagine it's probably pretty difficult to form an opinion on something completely foreign to you. American media is a very regular thing here, and we hear just as much as you do about things such as your upcoming election, so forming an opinion on your politics isn't a tough task. And you should care about what other people think about your country.

True, but you don't live here. You can see it on a tv but you're not experiencing it. Also your last comment... I already responded to it. If you guys were mad because we were doing morally wrong things then I do care. But if we are doing morally right things, I could care less what other countries think of us. I'd rather die for a country that stands for something then live for a country that doesn't stand for anything.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
*slaps self in head* Can't they just discuss the more important stuff? Like, I don't know, the future of the millions of Americans.
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 alexmurray

*slaps self in head* Can't they just discuss the more important stuff? Like, I don't know, the future of the millions of Americans. FallofAthens

because McCain cant win that way:P