marvel comics/ cinematic universe or DC comics/ cinematic universe?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Poll marvel comics/ cinematic universe or DC comics/ cinematic universe? (16 votes)

marvel 69%
DC 38%

in cinematic universe marvel is awesome but in comics i'm not so sure since turning Thor into a female, i hope that stupid decision wont trigger a whole line of dumb and pointless ideas from marvel.

in comics, DC might, in a few years, beat marvel, but in cinematic universe, my opinion is that DC is copying marvel since marvel is doing there own cinematic universe, they want to, plus they are doing a justice league film just like marvel who did the avengers film. their cinematic universe began with man of steel.

• 
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Marvel comics are better than DC comics I think but I can see why people like DC more.

On movies, Marvel crushes DC. It's not even close.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Both. Marvel comic verse is great because they don't constantly reboot it every 20 years. DC has great comics too. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

Movie wise Marvel wins hands down. DC only have the first two Nolan Batman films that were really good. Marvel has had - Ironman, Cap, Thor, Avengers, GoG, each will have 3 titles.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

DC, not that the marvel unverse is bad. But imho it's too kiddie. Even though there are comics like X-men and other more mature ones, i like the darkness and grittyness of the DC comics more

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

I'm a DC guy but that does not mean I don't like Marvel. Marvel has been top dog for a long time with so many movies over DC, I just wish DC would get better once Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice release March 2016, then DC will be back on top.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

i forgot to mention that the problem with DC is that their superheros have your basic superpowers where as Marvel is unique because i don't think anybody could think up a character with claws that come out between his knuckles or a guy in a metal suit who shoots laser-type weapons from the palm of his hand or even a dude with four mechanical arms attached to his back.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

How about "neither"?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50588 Posts

marvel is crushing dc

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

DC has Batman, so DC wins.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Marvel always.....I grew up in the 70's when Marvel Comics was king. Love the movies, saw Guardians of the Galaxy tonight,I remember having comics with Thanos, Ronan the Accuser, and Drax the Destroyer, so nice hearing those names again. Heck I might even have some Captain Marvel comics with those guys in it somewhere.

I do like Batman alot, but Marvel wins this. Always been a huge Spider-Man fan, and I still have Amazing Spider-Man 1 though I don't have Amazing Fantasy 15.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Only watch films.

DC Cinematic Universe is a mess. I don't know how they will do Superman v. Batman with so many heroes when Zack Snyder was certainly having trouble with just one.

Marvel Cinematic Universe is like the Classic Hollywood System. It doesn't allow masterpieces, but it's consistent. And in a series like this, consistency itself is an achievement.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

Captain America The winter soldier and Guardians of the galaxy single handedly crush the DC films imo, im really fond of batman begins though

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

DC are currently attempting to mimic Marvel. Currently the answer seems kind of obviose.

However both Batman movies (89) and (Begins) are very important for the genre and the industry I believe. 89' very much changed the tone of comic book movies and Begins promoted the idea (like it or not) of rebooting shit.

For me personally, I like Xmen, it strikes a good balance between serous and fuckabout.

Star_Skywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Star_Skywalker
Member since 2007 • 4025 Posts

With Nolan out of the picture, easily Marvel. Man of Steel was a piece of crap.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

@Star_Skywalker said:

With Nolan out of the picture, easily Marvel. Man of Steel was a piece of crap.

Nolan produced and wrote Man Of Steel.