Justin Bieber charged with DUI, drag racing in Miami

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by loco145 (10755 posts) -

Pop star Justin Bieber is facing driving under the influence and other charges after authorities said he raced through a Miami Beach neighborhood in a rented Lamborghini, cursed at cops as he resisted arrest and admitted to consuming drugs and alcohol.

Bieber wore an orange prison outfit for his first appearance in bond court Thursday afternoon, where Judge Joseph P. Farina ordered him held on $2,500 bond. He has been charged with DUI, resisting arrest and driving with a suspended license.

Source.

Time to deport!?

#2 Posted by SOedipus (6778 posts) -

I'm sorry.

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

Lmao, he's trying way too hard for that badboy image which will never come.

He's looking at a future akin to vanilla Ice.

#4 Edited by dominer (3312 posts) -

This will hardly dent his career. He already has tons of money.

#5 Posted by lostrib (33380 posts) -

Lmao, he's trying way too hard for that badboy image which will never come.

He's looking at a future akin to vanilla Ice.

yeah it always makes me laugh when I see the video of him trying to start a fight with a paparazzi. He's such a punk

#6 Posted by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

I saw him smiling in his mug shot.

Put him in general population for a month. That'll change his demeanor.

#7 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17076 posts) -

What a little shithead. I feel like his fame is going to fade and then he is going to end up in prison or dead at a young age from drugs and such.

#8 Posted by lostrib (33380 posts) -

What a little shithead. I feel like his fame is going to fade and then he is going to end up in prison or dead at a young age from drugs and such.

we can only hope

#9 Posted by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

hopefully he ups his dosage of that purple drank codeine he likes to sip on.. would be a good riddance

#10 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17076 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

we can only hope

It is almost a guarantee. You can't keep a long-lasting, successful career catering to the teen girl crowd. They are fickle and will move on to their next music crush. The ones who liked him will grow up, probably have some nostalgia for the old stuff of his they liked, but won't continue following his career.

Look at the lengths Miley has gone through just to try and stay relevant. That is just an audience that only works for a short-term career.

#11 Edited by one_plum (6331 posts) -

He looks proud of it.

#12 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he's being set up to be made an example of. Tons of people drink and street race, yet you don't hear about them in the news getting arrested because COPS DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69792 posts) -

bahahahahaha! After vandalizing hotels and pulling crap all the time the last years, he finally gets what's coming to him. Let him know that he won't get away with it

#14 Edited by bforrester420 (1257 posts) -

It's a little harsh to wish for the death of someone you've never met.

That said, his mother needs to step up. She also struggled with substance abuse issues, from what I've read, and needs to (finally) do some parenting before it's too late. Addictive personalities are largely hereditary.

#15 Posted by lostrib (33380 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he's being set up to be made an example of. Tons of people drink and street race, yet you don't hear about them in the news getting arrested because COPS DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN.

wtf...

#16 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

Rofl.

If they wanted an example he'd be black. I mean c'mon.. everyone knows this already.

I agree with the street racing however, I do it constantly and the cops never bother me. Pretty weird that Justin is being targeted over something so menial.

#17 Edited by resevl4rlz (3254 posts) -

hes already on 2,500 bail. that's chump change to him

#18 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@dominer said:

This will hardly dent his career. He already has tons of money.

He's Canadian, so if he's convicted of a felony, he'll be kicked back to Canada.
Which means he'll be doing no more concerts in the USA, which will hurt his career substantially.

#19 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

I feel sorry for him. He's on a downward spiral as a result of having so much privilege and so little responsibility. This seems to be a trend with rich and famous young people, which indicates that young people simply aren't mentally developed enough to manage so much power. Hence, there should be laws that require young people with wealth beyond a predetermined limit to have it stored in a trust fund until they're 25, when the brain has stopped developing.

#20 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

That said, his mother needs to step up. She also struggled with substance abuse issues, from what I've read, and needs to (finally) do some parenting before it's too late. Addictive personalities are largely hereditary.

I never met Hitler >_>

#21 Edited by Trender_man (136 posts) -

can't help but think we might of did this

#22 Posted by ad1x2 (5484 posts) -

You don't hear about the other people who do it because they are not famous. Nobody cares if John Smith who works at Walmart part-time gets a DUI but when a famous pop star gets one it's going to make headlines.

Also, most people take DUIs seriously, especially the people who had loved ones hurt or killed by drunk drivers.

#23 Posted by ad1x2 (5484 posts) -

I think Bieber's problem is he is trying to increase his street cred. Despite being a pop star, he seems to be trying to cater to the hip-hop crowd now and as much as I hate to say it a lot of the most respected hip-hop artists have criminal records.

The problem is he seems to forget he is not a US citizen and a felony conviction could cause his Green Card or visa (whatever he is using to stay on US soil) to be revoked and cause him to be deported.

#24 Posted by masiisam (5717 posts) -

Trust me... i cant stand the guy like no tomorrow...and a good beating would do him some good...but he is 19..He's doing all the same crap 19 year olds do...he is just doing it in a 400K car and is in the media..

#25 Edited by lamprey263 (22818 posts) -

he was high on marijuana, drunk, and drag racing, and resisted arrest, and a suspended license, and only had to post $2500 for bail... talk about privileged

#26 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@masiisam:

I didn't do reckless things when I was nineteen.

#27 Posted by thegerg (14682 posts) -

@lamprey263: That's the standard bond for those offenses.

#28 Edited by johnd13 (7918 posts) -

YOLO

#29 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

@masiisam said:

Trust me... i cant stand the guy like no tomorrow...and a good beating would do him some good...but he is 19..He's doing all the same crap 19 year olds do...he is just doing it in a 400K car and is in the media..

Well I think thats the problem, being that successful that early is a recipe for disaster. Normally when you do some stupid crap you gotta answer to your parents/employer etc. Having complete financial freedom so early on just turns you into a douchebag for life.

Rich kids almost always end up being human filth. I weep for bieber in that, in an alternate universe he probably would have grown up to be a perfectly nice/proper functioning adult. But at this point im pretty sure hes a lost cause, and the sooner he wraps himself around a tree, the better for everyone.

#30 Posted by plageus900 (970 posts) -

I feel sorry for him. He's on a downward spiral as a result of having so much privilege and so little responsibility. This seems to be a trend with rich and famous young people, which indicates that young people simply aren't mentally developed enough to manage so much power. Hence, there should be laws that require young people with wealth beyond a predetermined limit to have it stored in a trust fund until they're 25, when the brain has stopped developing.

I think not. Just punish idiots accordingly and be done with it.

#31 Posted by masiisam (5717 posts) -

@masiisam:

I didn't do reckless things when I was nineteen.

Neither did i...but that doesn't change the fact it really isn't that "abnormal" on what he is doing...Doing 60 in a 30 is now OMG!!11. Experimenting with drugs and drinking...Come on... its not that crazy..Don't get me wrong.. i'm not standing up for what he is doing cause he is a douche and it's not how my kid will be raised..i'm just saying its not that out of the norm. Some stats show over half of 12 graders experiment with drugs and drinking.

He is just a case example cause he is in the media..

@masiisam said:

Well I think thats the problem, being that successful that early is a recipe for disaster. Normally when you do some stupid crap you gotta answer to your parents/employer etc. Having complete financial freedom so early on just turns you into a douchebag for life.

Rich kids almost always end up being human filth. I weep for bieber in that, in an alternate universe he probably would have grown up to be a perfectly nice/proper functioning adult. But at this point im pretty sure hes a lost cause, and the sooner he wraps himself around a tree, the better for everyone.

Ohhh i agree! He has signs of douche for life, but again he is 19 and he very well could have his phase and go on to be a non D-bag.

#32 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13887 posts) -

Kid has some serious issues. It's funny how a lot of young stars become broken stars with bad habits, and adults who become stars live in success and are humble about their career.

#33 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

I think Bieber's problem is he is trying to increase his street cred. Despite being a pop star, he seems to be trying to cater to the hip-hop crowd now and as much as I hate to say it a lot of the most respected hip-hop artists have criminal records.

The problem is he seems to forget he is not a US citizen and a felony conviction could cause his Green Card or visa (whatever he is using to stay on US soil) to be revoked and cause him to be deported.

Being Canadian already ruins his image.

You can't portray being a gangster rapper/hip-hop artist and be born and raised in Canada.

#34 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

I lol'd so hard after seeing this earlier.

#35 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@LittleMac19 said:

He used to have clear and smooth, flawless skin. What happened?

EDIT:

Article on Bieber's acne in the mugshot.

#36 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

@LittleMac19 said:

EDIT:

You do know he's constantly caking his face up with makeup and eyeliner right?

#37 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@LittleMac19 said:

EDIT:

You do know he's constantly caking his face up with makeup and eyeliner right?

Even so, I don't think his skin has ever been this bad. I think it's the stress from the negative criticism he gets from the haters and the media. I also think it's due to a lack of sleep (notice the dark circles around his eyes).

#38 Posted by lamprey263 (22818 posts) -

OMG, what's it take to get him deported back to Canada and bar him from entry into the US.

#39 Posted by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

Part of me believes that we did this to him.

All of our hate and negativity towards him created this result. He's just a kid. Even when he was just starting out, innocent little Bieber was getting tons of hatred, mostly from other males. Having that much fame at that age while getting picked on by thousands has to do something to you. I was picked on in middle school and high school and I can't even imagine what Bieber feels like right now.

#40 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

$2,500 bail? While I don't exactly know what they charge that sounds really low given what he was arrested with.

#41 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

It's only a misdemeanor in Florida I don't know if that'll get him deported.

I know in Canada I remember reading they don't allow American DUI criminals into Canada.

#42 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17076 posts) -

Thought this was pertinent to the topic at hand:

#43 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

Rofl.

If they wanted an example he'd be black. I mean c'mon.. everyone knows this already.

I agree with the street racing however, I do it constantly and the cops never bother me. Pretty weird that Justin is being targeted over something so menial.

If he wasn't a celebrity nobody would care. They'd probably be drinking with him.

#44 Posted by bforrester420 (1257 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

I never met Hitler >_>

I know you're being facetious, but Bieber isn't responsible for the invasion and occupation of numerous sovereign nations nor the murder of millions.

#45 Edited by mingmao3046 (2474 posts) -

lol@ all the haters in here. Beiber has a higher LMS value to females in their prime (age 16-18) than any other man alive. He can call up a 10/10 jailbait at any time to do anything he wants. He also has tons of money and will get away with this

Beibers life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all of ours combined

#46 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

Guys, lay off him okay. It's probably a case of affluenza.

#47 Posted by LexLas (4214 posts) -

He was with a mini Kardashian when arrested, lol ..

#48 Edited by BranKetra (47875 posts) -

What a shame.

#49 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Guys, lay off him okay. It's probably a case of affluenza.

Did they ever look more into that? I can't believe the Jury believed that; they had to be paid.

#50 Posted by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

Nothing will happen to him. Rich people can do whatever the heck they want.