just came back from RAMBO (no spoilers)

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 Sora529
Member since 2006 • 3755 Posts
Dude, I just came back too! That was awesome! Definately pushed the limits of an R rating, but its soooooooooooooooo satisfying.
Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 Sora529
Member since 2006 • 3755 Posts
The best kill was either [spoiler] the one where the guy's head gets shot in half with the .50cal or the general guy. where Rambo sticks a knife in his stomach and rips it open. [/spoiler]
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

There are so many bad reviews for this movie lol but I'm still gonna watch it, it sounds like the critics just hate it because it's mindless violence. I don't know why they were expecting otherwise..DeeJayInphinity

I stopped going by movie reviews...they are really inconsistant...I feel as if many of them try to hard to find flaws in the movie

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
Yeah, I haven't laughed that hard in theaters since Suberbad. Quality movie, but not for the reasons it wanted to be.
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts

[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"]There are so many bad reviews for this movie lol but I'm still gonna watch it, it sounds like the critics just hate it because it's mindless violence. I don't know why they were expecting otherwise..UnknownSniper65

I stopped going by movie reviews...they are really inconsistant...I feel as if many of them try to hard to find flaws in the movie

. Same here. They just try too hard to look smart and sophisticated. I was reading a review for Rambo that was talking about a flaw in the story.. because you know how we all LOVE the storylines in all of the previous Rambo flicks.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 quiglythegreat
Same here. They just try too hard to look smart and sophisticated. I was reading a review for Rambo that was talking about a flaw in the story.. because you know how we all LOVE the storylines in all of the previous Rambo flicks.DeeJayInphinity
...But it was totally inane...I mean, that movie was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DeeJayInphinity
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"] Same here. They just try too hard to look smart and sophisticated. I was reading a review for Rambo that was talking about a flaw in the story.. because you know how we all LOVE the storylines in all of the previous Rambo flicks.quiglythegreat
...But it was totally inane...I mean, that movie was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

I just want to see him kill people.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"] Same here. They just try too hard to look smart and sophisticated. I was reading a review for Rambo that was talking about a flaw in the story.. because you know how we all LOVE the storylines in all of the previous Rambo flicks.DeeJayInphinity

You didn't bust out laughing when he said 'when you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'? How can that be taken seriously?
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
thats alot of gore
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts
So I take it that this is not a date movie?
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DeeJayInphinity
You didn't bust out laughing when he said 'when you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'? How can that be taken seriously? quiglythegreat
I don't look for meaningful quotes in Rambo movies, sorry. If I want a nice quote, I'll read a book on Buddhism; they always write mind-blowing quotes in those books.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You didn't bust out laughing when he said 'when you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'? How can that be taken seriously? DeeJayInphinity
I don't look for meaningful quotes in Rambo movies, sorry. If I want a nice quote, I'll read a book on Buddhism; they always write mind-blowing quotes in those books.

ok, I'm not saying that the movie is bad because it's not mind blowing; it's completely and totally ridculous and it's trying to be serious. It's great.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You didn't bust out laughing when he said 'when you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'? How can that be taken seriously? quiglythegreat

ok, I'm not saying that the movie is bad because it's not mind blowing; it's completely and totally ridculous and it's trying to be serious. It's great.

I thought it a bit ridiulous too, the original Rambo was much better and not as ridiculous. I still loved this one, nearly as much as shoot em up:D

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DeeJayInphinity
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You didn't bust out laughing when he said 'when you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'? How can that be taken seriously? quiglythegreat

Well, you said you enjoyed it, right? That's all that really matters. :)
Kokiri-Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 Kokiri-Kid
Member since 2007 • 584 Posts

I stand by the well known fact that Ash (Bruce Campbell) could take on Rambo, Riddick, and Goku. In all movies.

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

[QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)HostileEffect

Chronicles of Riddick is the pwnage...

Yes it is! Chronicles of Riddick is one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies ever made next to the original Star Wars movies.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="HostileEffect"][QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)Sykoh

Yes it is! Chronicles of Riddick is one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies ever made next to the original Star Wars movies.

I prefered Pitch Black:P

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

There are so many bad reviews for this movie lol but I'm still gonna watch it, it sounds like the critics just hate it because it's mindless violence. I don't know why they were expecting otherwise..DeeJayInphinity

I love mindless violence...this movie sounds fantastic :P.

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="HostileEffect"][QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)Film-Guy

Yea Pitch Black was pretty cool but The Chronicles of Riddick just felt way more epic. I prefer action rather then horror also.

A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 A_Tarkovsky
Member since 2008 • 2929 Posts
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"] Same here. They just try too hard to look smart and sophisticated. I was reading a review for Rambo that was talking about a flaw in the story.. because you know how we all LOVE the storylines in all of the previous Rambo flicks.quiglythegreat

You didn't bust out laughing when he said 'when you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'? How can that be taken seriously?

I don't see what's funny about that line. I hear a lot of people ridicule it, and I just don't get it. Not like it's my favorite line, but it's a perfectly decent one.
A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 A_Tarkovsky
Member since 2008 • 2929 Posts
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="HostileEffect"][QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)Sykoh

Yea Pitch Black was pretty cool but The Chronicles of Riddick just felt way more epic. I prefer action rather then horror also.

"Epic" doesn't mask crappy filmmaking.

Chronicles of Riddick was kind of entertaining in a "I can't believe how anyone in Hollywood could make a movie this bad," sorta way.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Sykoh"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="HostileEffect"][QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)A_Tarkovsky

Chronicles of Riddick was kind of entertaining in a "I can't believe how anyone in Hollywood could make a movie this bad," sorta way.

What did you think of Pitch Black?

Dolacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 Dolacide
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
The movie is graphic, I mean, I have seen a lot of R rated movies, and this movie, has to be one of the most graphically violent ones I have ever seen.
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
[QUOTE="A_Tarkovsky"][QUOTE="Sykoh"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="HostileEffect"][QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)Film-Guy

The Riddick of Pitch Black and the Riddick of the Chronicles almost seem two different characters. Although the same director and writers, they took Chronicles to a more sci-fi fantasy and flights of fancy with a ridiculous story.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="A_Tarkovsky"][QUOTE="Sykoh"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="HostileEffect"][QUOTE="trodeback"]So does it have that crappy action where the camera moves so fast you can't make anything out? (This is why I hate Chronicles of Riddick)g5velocity

The Riddick of Pitch Black and the Riddick of the Chronicles almost seem two different characters. Although the same director and writers, they took Chronicles to a more sci-fi fantasy and flights of fancy with a ridiculous story.

I can't tell if you liekd Pitch Black or not, I did:D

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
that's awesome, can't wait to watch this. :D
Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
i dont think that this movie will be good at all, i like sylvester stalone a lot but i dont think that this movie will be good, b/c it looks really corny.