Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

You're just working those Photoshop skills today, aren't you?

Ha, I'm not good with Photoshop. Gotta love the internet.

He still looks too young.

I posted this on another board, but this is how I feel about the latest Superman movie and the upcoming sequel:

I tried to enjoy Man of Steel, I really did. It wasn't a horrible movie, it wasn't even a bad one. What it was to me, was a disappointing one. It felt way too bleak for my tastes, and having Pa Kent try to convince Clark not to use his powers for fear of being shunned in society, just didn't seem right somehow. I unserstand that not every comic book movie needs to be bright and have tons of humor to it, but I always thought that Superman always gave people that sense of optimism or hope--and Man of Steel to me just didn't have either of that.

With that said, the more I read about this follow-up, I got a feeling this movie is either going to surprise its naysayers, or just wind up being one hell of a hot mess. I don't think there's to to be any middle ground whatsoever.

I haven't even seen Man of Steel >_>

I've heard too many people say the things that you just said that I really have little interest in it. Might get around to it eventually (friend of mine constantly bugs me about seeing it.)

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Ha, I'm not good with Photoshop. Gotta love the internet.

He still looks too young.

I posted this on another board, but this is how I feel about the latest Superman movie and the upcoming sequel:

I tried to enjoy Man of Steel, I really did. It wasn't a horrible movie, it wasn't even a bad one. What it was to me, was a disappointing one. It felt way too bleak for my tastes, and having Pa Kent try to convince Clark not to use his powers for fear of being shunned in society, just didn't seem right somehow. I unserstand that not every comic book movie needs to be bright and have tons of humor to it, but I always thought that Superman always gave people that sense of optimism or hope--and Man of Steel to me just didn't have either of that.

With that said, the more I read about this follow-up, I got a feeling this movie is either going to surprise its naysayers, or just wind up being one hell of a hot mess. I don't think there's to to be any middle ground whatsoever.

Think I'd care less about it being a "hot mess" if Wonder Woman wasn't involved. She deserves her first real big screen appearance to be more than that in my opinion.

Ravenhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#53 Ravenhoe
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

I think they are way too quick in producing these MashUps, before actually establishing someone as the core actor for a superhero. Now that everyone accepted Bale as the caped crusader, he is gone from the block. And nobody would shout "Cavill" when prompted about Superman (Yet!). Same goes for the X-Men series. The old gang got like a shitload of films and the First Class only one and there is already a mash-up happening. Kudos to the Marvel Avengers crew for actually esablishing their heroes in various films beforehand.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

@sammyjenkis898 said:

I haven't even seen Man of Steel >_>

I've heard too many people say the things that you just said that I really have little interest in it. Might get around to it eventually (friend of mine constantly bugs me about seeing it.)

so that explains why you aren't disinterested in this news

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Think I'd care less about it being a "hot mess" if Wonder Woman wasn't involved. She deserves her first real big screen appearance to be more than that in my opinion.

That's another thing that bugs me--it just seems that her inclusion in this is either some form of stunt casting, or an act of desperation...almost a "Let's throw this on the wall and see if it sticks" kind of mentality. I would think it would make more sense from a storytelling standpoint to give her a standalone story before throwing her in with other major characters. If this movie underperforms or flat out bombs, I got a feeling the chance of a proper Wonder Woman movie is gonna drop sharply.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Could not have thought of a worst choice when I heard about this. I actually Googled him because I was hoping it wasn't the guy I was thinking of.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@hallenbeck77 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

That's another thing that bugs me--it just seems that her inclusion in this is either some form of stunt casting, or an act of desperation...almost a "Let's throw this on the wall and see if it sticks" kind of mentality. I would think it would make more sense from a storytelling standpoint to give her a standalone story before throwing her in with other major characters. If this movie underperforms or flat out bombs, I got a feeling the chance of a proper Wonder Woman movie is gonna drop sharply.

Exactly. Which would suck. I feel as if DC/Warner Bros. are trying to play catch up with 'The Avengers'; but they fail to realize, it seems, that what made that film so effective was that each character had their origins/standalone film prior to them all being brought together. The only one who truly got one before this film is Superman, considering this Batman seems to have nothing to do with Nolan's adaptations. I personally didn't mind 'Man of Steel', for all its faults, it tried at least to be more than just an over the top superhero flick, but I just cannot seem to be able to get excited for this, especially with this casting news.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Saw this on another site and thought it was a joke. Ahaha...

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

Exactly. Which would suck. I feel as if DC/Warner Bros. are trying to play catch up with 'The Avengers'; but they fail to realize, it seems, that what made that film so effective was that each character had their origins/standalone film prior to them all being brought together. The only one who truly got one before this film is Superman, considering this Batman seems to have nothing to do with Nolan's adaptations. I personally didn't mind 'Man of Steel', for all its faults, it tried at least to be more than just an over the top superhero flick, but I just cannot seem to be able to get excited for this, especially with this casting news.

I wonder what they think about when it comes to deciding these projects. The one I WAS excited about was Gotham, the upcoming series for Fox this year. Initially, they described it being about Commissioner Gordon and the members of the Gotham PD dealing with the city's crime, both regular and the super villain variety. I think that would be more interesting than just having Batman front-and-center...regular cops dealing with extraordinary problems. I'd look forward to that every week.

Now, they announced it's supposed to focus more on a young Bruce Wayne and the origins of the Rogue's Gallery he faces. They took an promising idea and turned in into Smallville: Batman Edition.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SaintLeonidas

@hallenbeck77 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

I wonder what they think about when it comes to deciding these projects. The one I WAS excited about was Gotham, the upcoming series for Fox this year. Initially, they described it being about Commissioner Gordon and the members of the Gotham PD dealing with the city's crime, both regular and the super villain variety. I think that would be more interesting than just having Batman front-and-center...regular cops dealing with extraordinary problems. I'd look forward to that every week.

Now, they announced it's supposed to focus more on a young Bruce Wayne and the origins of the Rogue's Gallery he faces. They took an promising idea and turned in into Smallville: Batman Edition.

I didn't hear about that change...bummer. Gotham, that Batman universe, has more potential than something like Agents of SHIELD because it could have been a dark/gritty crime drama. They really need to have more faith in things that aren't Batman or Superman.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Thought this shit was a joke when I first heard about it.

I enjoyed Man of Steel, but this sequel is fuckin doomed. This is worse than the Affleck announcement.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

They really want this movie to fail.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

After Heath Ledger forced a lot of people to eat their words when he played Joker, I'm gonna adopt a wait-and-see attitude for this.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@bobaban said:

"The casting director clearly misheard "Get me Heisenberg!""

lollll

I seriously thought Cranston was on board for this already :\

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I actually think he might do a good job. Maybe even a great one. He is an ACTOR and probably has a range not many have seen.

I'm sure he auditioned and they saw something they liked. he's probably DYING to do something new so he isn't always typecast as a the quiet bumbling nerd.

what cracks me up is people call Samuel Jackson a great actor but every damn thing he does seems the same: yelling with a bit anger. You could take sound bytes from all his movies and they all sound like they are from the same character. I had no reason to put that in there but i felt like venting.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I feel like we are all witnessing a slow motion train wreck.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@kingdre said:

After Heath Ledger forced a lot of people to eat their words when he played Joker, I'm gonna adopt a wait-and-see attitude for this.

Pretty much this.. I can see as being possibly a good thing if done right.. The Shitty part of this entire mess is the MASH UP.. Mash ups are sh!t, what we get is a glory fest of dicking around in the plotline just so we can see a big fight scene at the end so they can have the jackass fans appeased because their favorite hero got air time.. This basically sums up my feelings with The Avengers which was completely unnecessary with paper thin plot line of cliches.. Seriously the movie had the fvcking same plot line of the crap ass movie "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" basically.. Where the first third was getting the band together, the second third was the disaster scene in which everything goes wrong and the band breaks apart or nearly does, and finally the band gets back together to win the day..