I've experienced the worst customer service by Sony.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

I don't know what to do. I have called sony playstation customer service over 12 different times in the last 6 months. I feel like that guy that called Comcast and got jerked around.

let me explain what happened. I called Sony for a refund regarding the protection plan. It was $49. I bought the protection plan for my ps4 but sold the PlayStation in March in less than 30 days after I purchase the protection plan. I called in for a refund and I was told by Sony that I would receive the refund after 30 days. 30 days past and I never saw the refund.

So I called the back and ask them why it has not been processed yet. They told me it was a mistake and they will contact their supervisor and issue me the credit ASAP. I was told to call back within 15 to 30 days again remember this was in March of 2014.

In April I called them back again and I did speak to a supervisor I was being assured my credit was processed. Again I was told that the refund will be issued to me and I should call back 30 days later.

Fast forward to August after calling them several months in a row, each time I called I am being told that I am going to get the refund and I should check back in 30 days. March April May June July August.

I tried to cancel my charge through my credit card and they threatened to ban my account if I do so. I would forfeit my gamertag on my purchases and my current refund process. they offered me a free video game for the PlayStation 3. it was Gran Turismo 6 and I should have received it in the mail at any time. The game never came. That was last month in August.

so I call them today on this Wednesday September 24th 2014 and I told him how frustrated I am process and how they have handled it. I was told that they sent out emails and that I was going to get the refund again I feel like a complete jerk what should I do should I make a viral video? I decided to post this on GameSpot forums hoping to get feedback from u guys. should I take legal action against them? should I wait? Should I post it everywhere I can to get their attention because obviously me having patience and being nice is not working out.

PSN id is Bosniac360.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It's $49, is it really worth all the trouble? Legal action would cost you hundreds of dollars. Viral videos never work. If they aren't processing your claim there isn't much you can do but doing exactly what you are already doing. I would have given up ages ago.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

where is sony going to get fifty bucks?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

# "They told me it was a mistake and they will contact their supervisor and issue me the credit ASAP."

I would suggest calling back and insisting to speak with their "supervisor". It's obvious they don't give a crud about you as a customer and are hoping you'll give up and just let it go. I would be adamant about getting a hold of this person and making sure he/she credits your account right away. There's no need for this back and forth BS they're putting you through. It doesn't take even 30 days to credit someone's account...that's such garbage and they're lying to you.

Going the bank route may backfire. In the past, I've done that with companies - denied charges from my account and all it did was create stress with dealing with those companies again. At least with my bank, once a stop pay is put on a charge (credit, not necessarily check), it stops that company from deducting money from your account in the future. So, you're probably correct in assuming that Sony might ban your account in the future; harsh, yes, but probably true. So, I would avoid taking that kind of action.

When you do call again, make sure you get some type of name and complaint number. Also, it wouldn't hurt to write an email relaying your disgust in dealing with their customer service personnel.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@DevilMightCry said:. I tried to cancel my charge through my credit card and they threatened to ban my account if I do so. I would forfeit my gamertag on my purchases and my current refund process.

No, that's not right. If SONY said that to you then something is very wrong and you are being scammed. I'm not sure how to handle it exactly, but I would take it up with your credit card company reguardless. Because them threatening to ban your account over a credit card charge is criminal. Again. That is very, VERY wrong. Those are some big red flags.

You do the bank will tell him to contact Sony....right?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

It's $49, is it really worth all the trouble? Legal action would cost you hundreds of dollars. Viral videos never work. If they aren't processing your claim there isn't much you can do but doing exactly what you are already doing. I would have given up ages ago.

Thats totally missing the point and awful advice. How many millions do you think companies make off of people who simply cant be bothered to sort things out. Companies have been known to make overly complicated and contrived refund systems based solely off of that reliance on lazy consumers who cant be bothered to see the process through. Its precisely that attitude that leads to consumers getting bent over and fucked.

The best advice I can give is write a huge letter, include in it the number of calls, time and dates, the number of letters....times and dates again. Print it all off and enclose it in a large envelope recorded delivery to their complaints dept. Emphasise in that letter the absolute disgust and contempt for the way you have been treated. Emphasise that it has caused you undue stress and concern. Emphasise that $50 is a lot of money to you and you expect to be duly compensated or you will be forced to take legal action. Explain that you have had positive experiences with the company in the past but this experience has tainted that...and you now feel that the time for being pleasant and patient has passed.

Its easy to ignore phonecalls and emails due to the large number of people dealing with it, it leads to a lack of accountability. A letter with that level of detail sent by recorded delivery is enough to make the most hardened complaints handler get their ass in gear and hopefully lead to not only a resolution but compensation also.

(I spent a few years handling complaints in car insurance so this is me speaking from a position of some experience).

Persevere dude.

ryan347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By ryan347
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

1- I've never heard of any company giving a refund for a protection plan, unless they failed to repair your device 3+ times. 2- What are these extra credit card charges for? Protection plans are paid for up front, so what are these extra charges? When I was under 18, Microsoft banned my live account because they gave me live before the charge went through and then it never did, so they banned me. I eventually got my account uinbanned (and all my DLC back) but it was a huge pain. F U M$oft. 3- When dealing with tthese people always request a supervisor and tell them the call is being recorded.

Be persistent! Some managers will ignore you but it only takes one to solve the issue! However, eventually it just becomes more headache than its worth and they do this on purpose...That's part of the problem with America....we protect our corporations that rip us off, but not our people....

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DevilMightCry

Last time I called and spoken with a supervisor, I informed him of the call being recorded and he said he's not going to talk to me and literally hung the phone up. So, I plan to record my next call and post it online if it doesn't get resolved.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Worse customer service I have gotten is with Newegg.. I bought a tv from them with a extended warranty.. Breaks down under the warranty time line.. They refuse to replace it because the extended warranty they offered for me at check out was for a more expensive tv.. SO I not only didn't get my warranty covered but I paid for a more expensive warranty... When I told them this, the techs there put me on hold for large periods of time.. And the final person I talked to got hostile with me.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Riverwolf007: from all the PS4 and PSN plus they've been selling. Microsoft games division on the other hand... Doubt they could find 2 cents to refund someone.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Riverwolf007

@prawephet said:

@Riverwolf007: from all the PS4 and PSN plus they've been selling. Microsoft games division on the other hand... Doubt they could find 2 cents to refund someone.

i don't give a damn if either one makes a dime.

but it is funny to see some stupid nonsense joke about nothing gets you all fired up.

this is you, "gawd y'all! gawd! microsoft y'all! gawd!"

lulz.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Riverwolf007: Wow... You asked a question, I answered. I guess I struck a nerve when I pointed out that Microsoft Games division has been bleeding money so bad that they've discussed shutting it down on more than one occasion?

You're the only one here that went bat shit crazy over a comment.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Riverwolf007

@prawephet said:

@Riverwolf007: Wow... You asked a question, I answered. I guess I struck a nerve when I pointed out that Microsoft Games division has been bleeding money so bad that they've discussed shutting it down on more than one occasion?

You're the only one here that went bat shit crazy over a comment.

how does it hurt me if they shut down?

is there some kind of downside that i'm not seeing?

Pupchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pupchu
Member since 2004 • 977 Posts

@DevilMightCry: The headline of this post made it sound like Sony had a good customer service to begin with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Sony customer support is shit...I had a few friends who were into DC Universe Online so I was bored and created an account. Tried to login, didn't work, reset password, didn't work. Email customer service they tell me to create a new account, I ask if I can use the same email, they tell me to create a fake one. Awesome...

So I create a new account, play for a few days, they were having trouble with some character transfers when they changed servers, my account stops working. Email them again..."Create a fake email and make a new account"...it wasn't even the same guy, so I thought it was because I was a "free user" but one of my friends bought all the DLC, and the packs, costumes, whatever...he had like 5 max level chars all decked out, his account didn't transfer well, he emailed them, "create a fake email and start over", so of course he was pissed, but asked if he would have access to all the DLC's and whatnot..."no, you'll have to buy them all again"...

Great service Sony!

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DevilMightCry

I received my free GT6 game today. So at least I got a game out of it...

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Write a letter

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Someone express a thought in the 24 thread so I can add new thoughts of my own, thank you

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Why would customer service send a PHYSICAL game?

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Sony does have terrible customer service. I have experienced it first hand. They have no respect for loyal customers at all.

It's God awful. It's one thing having it on the PlayStation department because they are so popular. However having it with their tv's, phones, laptops etc.. It's why they are losing billions of $$$$$.

Op good luck in your fight against Sony.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#24 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@DevilMightCry said:. I tried to cancel my charge through my credit card and they threatened to ban my account if I do so. I would forfeit my gamertag on my purchases and my current refund process.

No, that's not right. If SONY said that to you then something is very wrong and you are being scammed. I'm not sure how to handle it exactly, but I would take it up with your credit card company reguardless. Because them threatening to ban your account over a credit card charge is criminal. Again. That is very, VERY wrong. Those are some big red flags.

Indeed. I used to work in credit card processing, and a company cannot do such thing to you if you issue a chargeback. I'd try to contact your credit card company again.

lptrendin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lptrendin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ferrari2001: i agree ..it is better to buy new one and never again buy anything from sony

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DevilMightCry

Just an update to this thread. I never was issued my refund. I was issued $50 about 4 months ago after fighting this for over two years.

However, they never issued my money back on card, but rather in PS Store funds.

I will never, ever again buy anything from Sony gaming related again. As a matter of fact, I have not bought a single game for my PS4 since early 2015, and have not even turned it on since last year.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Wow. I am amazed how much trouble they made you go through for a measly $50.

Then again, it doesn't surprised me. Most big companies these days couldn't give two shits about a single customer.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

@DevilMightCry said:

Just an update to this thread. I never was issued my refund. I was issued $50 about 4 months ago after fighting this for over two years.

I will never, ever again buy anything from Sony gaming related again. As a matter of fact, I have not bought a single game for my PS4 since early 2015, and have not even turned it on since last year.

Down with The Man!

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DevilMightCry

@foxhound_fox:

I would have rather they told me they weren't going to issue a refund, then to keep telling me after every time I'd call that they are issuing it. Only for it to be a lie, and I should check back each time.

WTF.

The time I have lost on this I will never get back, and therefore I choose to give Sony a middle finger from now on. No more future Sony consoles or games in my household.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#30 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Oh you guys. and here I thought people were doing the whole thread necromancy thing again!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@DevilMightCry: Yeah, that dishonesty is just awful.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

let it go. Not worth it.

Frankly I wouldn't refund you either, you bought a protection plan, not their fault you got rid of your playstation. That's like selling your car and asking for a refund on the gas that's still in there.

Don't be cheap and petty.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DevilMightCry

@mrbojangles25:

Not even the same analogy. Gas is a commodity. Asking my electric company to refund me the electricity bill for the duration of owning the PS4 would be the same analogy. However I was within my right to refund a service I no longer used within the 30 day period, since I sold my PS4 and that extended warranty service was no longer applicable for the new buyer. If they specifically said no refunds are allowed, I would have never even bothered. The $50 was for a 1 year protection, and per agreement I was allowed to refund it unless it went past 30 days, or I claimed it for a warranty.

So, no.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

@DevilMightCry: fair enough, my bad.

Still think you should let it go, but then again 40 dollars is 40 dollars.

I wonder if it actually Sony, or some contracted company, that is handling your complaint/refund. You would think Sony would be more concerned.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DevilMightCry

@mrbojangles25:

It's been handled. Not in the least best way, but, I got my money back, and ended up buying some games with it through PSN.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@DevilMightCry said:

Time to go Xbox, brah!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44604 Posts

Are you expecting a refund on the credit card? have you checked your PSN wallet to see if they put it there? Knowing Sony if they did do any refund then that's probably how they'd do it.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I asked Sony a question one time about one time passwords in FFIV. They said they didn't know or that my original password was my one time password. Turns out you don't even need one.