Its time to Impeach Obama.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

I thought he was supposed to end the wars, not start new ones.

sherman-tank1

There is so much fail in this post.

Care to back up your statement? He said we'd be out of Iraq. We are not. There's no doubt he was catering towards the anit-war crowd during the elections.

TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

Well, I think he's just trying to stop what's going on before more people are killed by Gadhafi.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

Care to back up your statement? He said we'd be out of Iraq. We are not. There's no doubt he was catering towards the anit-war crowd during the elections.

You act like presidental candidates dont cater to anyone to win elections.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

That's what some people who voted for him were hoping he would do due to his opposition to the Iraq war, but he's made it pretty clear throughout his political career that he is not anti-war as a matter of general principle.

And Obama didn't start this war - Qaddafi did.

You seem like a good person to pose this question to as you seem to be in favor of the Libya actions and you also seem to follow politics/foreign affairs rather closely.

Why are we interfering here and not Bahrain or Yemen? Aren't they embroiled in similar situations?

I think there are a few reasons for that; one is because Qadaffi is not popular in the region among neighboring leaders and has had a less than amicable relationship with the west, another is that Bahrain is a useful ally for the U.S, and with Yemen I think it's geographic location relative to Saudi Arabia makes intervention in Yemen politically difficult.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

Once again he goes against the Constitution by not asking for approval of the congressto take military action against Libya. So why are people not caring exactly?

00-Riddick-00
Well, in this case he authorized something that 99.9% of people want to happen. As long as he spoke with the Speaker, and Majority leader of the Senate... he's okay. Not everything has time for Congress to make a decision. I don't like him at all, but I agree with his decision on this. As for impeaching him... it won't happen. We only have less than two years left, and he'll be packing the U-Haul and moving back to Chicago.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] That's what some people who voted for him were hoping he would do due to his opposition to the Iraq war, but he's made it pretty clear throughout his political career that he is not anti-war as a matter of general principle.

-Sun_Tzu-

You seem like a good person to pose this question to as you seem to be in favor of the Libya actions and you also seem to follow politics/foreign affairs rather closely.

Why are we interfering here and not Bahrain or Yemen? Aren't they embroiled in similar situations?

I think there are a few reasons for that; one is because Qadaffi is not popular in the region among neighboring leaders and has had a less than amicable relationship with the west, another is that Bahrain is a useful ally for the U.S, and with Yemen I think it's geographic location relative to Saudi Arabia makes intervention in Yemen politically difficult.

OK, thanks for your input. The Bahrain reason is what I was assuming (although I was also assuming the same for Yemen).

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

Yes, we are getting out of Iraq. And so far its been on schedule. All troops will leave Iraq by the end of 2011 according to Obama's plan. These things take time.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#108 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12333 Posts
its not a declaration of war. The United States has not declared war against Libya. It is a military intervention adopted by the United Nations Security Council which demands an immediate ceasefire and and implements a no-fly-zone over Libya.
sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 sgotskillz
Member since 2010 • 287 Posts

Well, I think he's just trying to stop what's going on before more people are killed by Gadhafi.

TINYOWNSYOU

Says who? Mainstream media?

Once again

"The reports of Libya mobilizing its air force against its own people spread quickly around the world. However, Russia's military chiefs say they have been monitoring from space -- and the pictures tell a different story. According to Al Jazeera and BBC, on February 22 Libyan government inflicted airstrikes on Benghazi -- the country's largest city -- and on the capital Tripoli. However, the Russian military, monitoring the unrest via satellite from the very beginning, says nothing of the sort was going on on the ground. At this point, the Russian military is saying that, as far as they are concerned, the attacks some media were reporting have never occurred.

Gaddafi claims he hasn't killed any cilvilians but the confirmed killings were done by al qaeda and rebel groups.

I admit Gaddafi is no saint but there is a chance he is being set-up. He wanted a cease fire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

OK, thanks for your input. The Bahrain reason is what I was assuming (although I was also assuming the same for Yemen).

mattbbpl

Yemen is a key US ally in fighting the insurgency waged by Al-Qaeda.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#111 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

i personally think that the no fly zone over libya was a good call, and it is not against the constitution considering that he did not declare war, and it was a UN affair. he is still commander in cheif and has full authority on what the military does. he did not declare war.

as a conservative, i still despise him though.

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

He said he would end combat operations in Iraq, which he has.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I admit Gaddafi is no saint but there is a chance he is being set-up. He wanted a cease fire.

sgotskillz

That he broke hours within wanting it.

sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sgotskillz

DIA AGENT'S BOOK,TRAIL OF THE OCTOPUS – FROM BEIRUT TO LOCKERBIE – INSIDE THE DIA,EXPOSES GADDAFI-CIA LINK, CLAIMS LIBYA HAD NO ROLE IN LOCKERBIE BOMBING

SNIP

"CIA agent Edwin P. Wilson recruited Gadaffi in 1977, and the CIA shipped Libya over 2000 pounds of explosives," but "Libya had no role in the bombing," says Coleman. Rather, "Gadaffi was the perfect scapegoat to cover the misdeeds of the CIA and U.S. drug agents that caused the bomb to be slipped aboard Pan Am 103." Coleman explained, "Wilson trained many terrorist cells in the Middle East that could have planted the bomb." Gadaffi's role as a CIA asset was exposed in 2003, when Texas U.S. District Court Judge Lynn Hughes released Wilson from prison after finding that the CIA's claim that Wilson was not working for the CIA when he recruited Gadaffi was "nothing but lies."

http://www.charlescarreon.com/charles-carreon-internet-lawyer-blog/gaddaficia-link-libya-role-lockerbie-bombing/2009/08/27/

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

That's what some people who voted for him were hoping he would do due to his opposition to the Iraq war, but he's made it pretty clear throughout his political career that he is not anti-war as a matter of general principle.

Like Saddam started the war in Iraq?

Well, I'm of the opinion that the Iraq war came ten years later than it should've. But my own views put aside, the similarities between the Iraq war and the current war in Libya are far and few between. Qaddafi, being addicted to power as most dictators are, saw what happened to his neighbors in Tunisia and Egypt, and he decided, unlike Mubarak and Ben Ali, that he wasn't going down without a fight.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]There is so much fail in this post.

DroidPhysX

No. I act like politicians should follow through for the people they are catering to.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

No. I act like politicians should follow through for the people they are catering to.

With that logic, the GOP should have already cut the budget by 100 billion.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]There is so much fail in this post.

sherman-tank1

Yes, we are getting out of Iraq. And so far its been on schedule. All troops will leave Iraq by the end of 2011 according to Obama's plan. These things take time.

I'm pretty sure he said we'd be out of Iraq within the first year of his presidency.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

I'm pretty sure he said we'd be out of Iraq within the first year of his presidency.

His first term ends January 21, 2013. SO yeah. His plan is on schedule

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] That's what some people who voted for him were hoping he would do due to his opposition to the Iraq war, but he's made it pretty clear throughout his political career that he is not anti-war as a matter of general principle.

-Sun_Tzu-

Well, I'm of the opinion that the Iraq war came ten years later than it should've. But my own views put aside, the similarities between the Iraq war and the current war in Libya are far and few between. Qaddafi, being addicted to power as most dictators are, saw what happened to his neighbors in Tunisia and Egypt, and he decided, unlike Mubarak and Ben Ali, that he wasn't going down without a fight.

One dictator who oppresses his people VS another dictator who oppresses his people. I don't see the difference.

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

With that logic, the GOP should be fiscally responsible.

Fixed :P

sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 sgotskillz

[QUOTE="sgotskillz"]

sherman-tank1

Gaddifi denies breaking ceasefire

http://www.euronews.net/2011/03/19/gaddafi-denies-breaking-ceasefire/

There are always 2 sides of the story and unconfirmed reports, just pays to keep an open mind and not believe everything the mainstream media tells you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

psychobrew

I doubt he did. And thank god he didn't. We wouldn't want another Vietnam where they rushed the withdrawal. He might of said that he was starting to pull out in 2009 instead. But he did withdraw all combat troops by the end of August 2010, which was planned. Hopefully he can finish that plan this year.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="psychobrew"]

psychobrew

One dictator who oppresses his people VS another dictator who oppresses his people. I don't see the difference.

The difference is that Saddam wasn't in the process of killing his own people when we intervened. That was one of the big controversies surrounding the Iraq war prior to invasion - the concept of a preemptive strike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="sgotskillz"]

sgotskillz

There are always 2 sides of the story and unconfirmed reports, just pays to keep an open mind and not believe everything the mainstream media tells you.

I don't trust what the media says. I trust theLibyanresidents and doctors who make tweets and other things to tell whats going on.

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts

[QUOTE="MarineXXII"]

Well he did for the right reasons. Libya is attacking civilian targets, not military targets. The UN security council, which is headed by the United States warned them to stop. They didnt. So the council took military action like they said they would. Its not only the US who is taking military action against the Libyan aggressions. So please, stop pointing your finger at the US only...

sgotskillz

"The reports of Libya mobilizing its air force against its own people spread quickly around the world. However, Russia's military chiefs say they have been monitoring from space -- and the pictures tell a different story. According to Al Jazeera and BBC, on February 22 Libyan government inflicted airstrikes on Benghazi -- the country's largest city -- and on the capital Tripoli. However, the Russian military, monitoring the unrest via satellite from the very beginning, says nothing of the sort was going on on the ground. At this point, the Russian military is saying that, as far as they are concerned, the attacks some media were reporting have never occurred. The same sources in Russia's military establishment say they are also monitoring the situation around Libya's oil pumping facilities."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncgsS0FDWg

So why don't the western countries do anything against similar Egyptian army attacks or on civilians in Tunisia, Jordan, Algeria, Oman, Iraq, and Yemen, let alone daily against Palestinians.On March 18, in fact, dozens of Yemenese were killed, scores more wounded in Sanaa, the capital, when security forces attacked thousands, demanding President Ali Abdullah Saleh step down. Why not intervene? Because their personal interests aren't met however Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and the ninth largest in the world with 41.5 billion barrels.

Symbolically, the 19th of March was known to the Romans as Quinquatria. It marked the beginning of the war season where celebrations and sacrifices were made.

It was sacred to both Mars, the god of War, and was the birthday of the goddess Minerva.

MARCH 19, 2011
OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'...

On March 20, 2003, President Bush launched the bombing of Baghdad at 5:50 Baghdad time. This lasted until March 21st. It was called "shock and awe" by the mainstream media. But, according to the mystery religion this date is known as the Eve of Ostara, more commonly known as the Spring or Vernal Equinox. Occultists worship the Goddess of the Earth, Gaea, on this day. The druids knew this date as the Spring Fertility Rites,the Day of Feast. The war was promptly ended on May 1, 2003 (day of "Mission Accomplished"). This date is known on the druidic calendar as Beltane,or Walpurgis Night. It was named after St. Walburga who is the pagan goddess of fertility. From March 20th to May 1st, the pagan ritual is to give blood to Earth and renew life to the goddess of fertility. What better time for them to declare a bloody war on the days of a ritual sacrifice and end it exactly when the pagan ritual ends. High ranking Freemasons practice occult ritual practices

Masonic handshakes -

Obama & Gaddafi

Sarkozy & Gaddafi

Blair & Gaddafi

Are you really posting NWO conspiracy theories? :?

sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 sgotskillz

[QUOTE="sgotskillz"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]That he broke hours within wanting it.

sherman-tank1

I don't trust what the media says. I trust theLibyanresidents and doctors who make tweets and other things to tell whats going on.

Good for you for not trusting the media but there are no confirmed reports who is doing the killings. Rebels forces, al qaeda or Gaddafi's army? It's just speculation

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Once again he goes against the Constitution by not asking for approval of the congressto take military action against Libya. So why are people not caring exactly?

00-Riddick-00
because at this point we are just used to it really.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Uh, it was a UN vote. The US isn't the only country bombing Libya, it is an international effort.Hemmaroids
Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

Republicans tried with clinton

Dems with Bush

Republicans again with Obama

When will people vote congress in that has GROWN UPS running it?

We should impeach that asteroid that almost hit us 4 days ago.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 psychobrew

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

Former_Slacker

With that logic, the GOP should be fiscally responsible.

Fixed :P

I actually do agree. We need to hold our elected officials responsible.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 psychobrew

Republicans tried with clinton

Dems with Bush

Republicans again with Obama

When will people vote congress in that has GROWN UPS running it?

We should impeach that asteroid that almost hit us 4 days ago.

Kcube

They can impeach it all they want -- they wouldn't have the guts to remove it from space.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 psychobrew

Uh, it was a UN vote. The US isn't the only country bombing Libya, it is an international effort.Hemmaroids

If/when the US hands it off. Right now, it's primarily a US effort and there's bickering about who should be in charge when the US is done with the initial stages. The Arabs don't want NATO in charge and Italy won't allow the use of its bases unless NATO is in charge.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

No thanks lets not waste time going down this path.... congress is already wasting time already...

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Executive power. Presidents have been doing it since the early 20th century. It's nothing new, although it certainly goes against the constitution.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

00-Riddick-00

Thats because he does need the approval of congress. Congress has the power to declare ware but the president is commander and chief, he can deploy troops in military "police actions" a.k.a. undeclared war. Presidents have been doing this ever since WW2. Do you think Vietnam was a declared war? No. Do you think Iraq was a declared war? No. Do you think Korea was a declared war? No.

There is the War Powers Act of 1973 that requires the president to notify congress within 48 hours of deploying troops and that he needs Congress' approval for them to remain longer than 60 days. However this is more of a guideline rather than a rule since congress really won't enforce it much due to them knowning that if it gets challenged in the supreme court it will be struck down.

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#138 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Out of curiosity, what is the section of the Constitution in question?

GabuEx

Article 1, Section 8.

I'd prefer to hear confirmation from the TC.

If I remember correctly that is it.
superdum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139 superdum2
Member since 2009 • 1558 Posts

obama is a man of talk and when he finnaly does something pepole b**** about it relly this is weak if we dont blow thoese f****** up then it'll come back and bite us

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

[QUOTE="superfive9"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"] :lol: No, Obama is in no way doing what Bush did...DroidPhysX

He's not sending soldiers there, but he's taking military action against another country. By definition, Bush took military action against another country, but congress approved it

Lol? Bush launched a full out invasion....

No, Congress voted for and authorized it.

Obama has without congressional approval started an illegal war.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

Presidents disregard the Constitution all the time and they never get impeached over it.

*cough* Patriot Act *cough*

redstorm72
in all fairness so does congress and most judges and most of the media doesnt give a crap nor does half the population.
Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

It's George Bush's fault!

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#143 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

YellowOneKinobi

Who is blaming George Bush? :?

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="YellowOneKinobi"]

GreySeal9

It was a joke. Although, if past history can be used as a predictor of the future, their will undoubtedly be comparisons brought up (not totally unwarranted) to George Bush's actions leading up to our two previous military conflicts.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession whats the point? peric victory FTL. the man is piss poor at best but i dont think you could dig someone better out no matter how deep the dig went. i hope 2012 does not look so dark.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#146 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

YellowOneKinobi

It was a joke. Although, if past history can be used as a predictor of the future, their will undoubtedly be comparisons brought up (not totally unwarranted) to George Bush's actions leading up to our two previous military conflicts.

Unless Obama actually makes move to start an occupation/send in group troops, the comparisons won't really hold.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#147 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Well, this is actually sanctioned by the UN, and in the end of the day, when civilian lives are at risk, you have to do what you can to save lives. How useful the UN is altogether is another story.
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 YellowOneKinobi
Well, this is actually sanctioned by the UN, and in the end of the day, when civilian lives are at risk, you have to do what you can to save lives. How useful the UN is altogether is another story.hiphops_savior
I think I understand what you are saying, but isn't it really that...... - US/UN gets doesn't get involved: Civilian lives are at risk - US/UN gets involved: Civilian lives are at risk
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

Unless Obama actually makes move to start an occupation/send in group troops, the comparisons won't really hold.

Well, here's one comparison that is legitimate: Both Bush and Obama acted unilaterally.

Link: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-president-does-not-have-power-unde

(Article quotes Obama's views on NOT acting unilaterally in 2007)

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]Well, this is actually sanctioned by the UN, and in the end of the day, when civilian lives are at risk, you have to do what you can to save lives. How useful the UN is altogether is another story.YellowOneKinobi
I think I understand what you are saying, but isn't it really that...... - US/UN gets doesn't get involved: Civilian lives are at risk - US/UN gets involved: Civilian lives are at risk

the UN has no say over how our state is run, military actions are no exception