It Was Just A Joke. Let It Go Already.

  • 104 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#1 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Avatar image for 4myAmuzumament
#2 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

you gotta roll with the punches, dawg. you brought it upon yourself.

also, i think this is a bit much.

Avatar image for huggybear1020
#3 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (467 posts) -

The problem with your "jokes" is that they aren't funny in the first place, which is why people can't tell when it's a joke. Seriously, just give up on comedy, you aren't the next Daniel Tosh or Dave Chappelle, it just isn't your thing.

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#4 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

you gotta roll with the punches, dawg. you brought it upon yourself.

also, i think this is a bit much.

I figure that I'd start a discussion that could possibly put an end to this.

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#5 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@huggybear1020 said:

The problem with your "jokes" is that they aren't funny in the first place, which is why people can't tell when it's a joke. Seriously, just give up on comedy, you aren't the next Daniel Tosh or Dave Chappelle, it just isn't your thing.

My comedy is self-serving, to a degree. If people's reactions to it make me laugh, I'm content.

Avatar image for plageus900
#6 Posted by plageus900 (1884 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: Wait wtf. Is this the BRHD that said he's socially awkward and can't pull women to save his life?

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#7 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@BluRayHiDef: Wait wtf. Is this the BRHD that said he's socially awkward and can't pull women to save his life?

Yea, why?

Avatar image for Storm_Marine
#8 Edited by Storm_Marine (12711 posts) -

I'm guessing I've been missing out on OT recently? What's this all about?

Avatar image for lostrib
#9 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

Avatar image for tocool340
#10 Posted by tocool340 (20840 posts) -

Yeah, it was a pretty tasteless joke (If it was one...), but it is getting a bit annoying that people continue to bring it up though...

Avatar image for lostrib
#11 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Although I've seen it described differently than women volunteering

" Blu thought it was a good thing to joke about single moms giving up their children to be taken care of by the government(the reward) in exchange to be put into a fake city like environment with rapists(the cost). A way to deal with rapists(letting them live a life of consequence free rape) and kids in a struggling household."

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#12 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@lostrib said:

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

According to Merriam Webster, one of the three definitions of a joke is "something not to be taken seriously." So, even though very few may have found it funny, that doesn't detract from my intention for it to not be taken seriously.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#13 Posted by foxhound_fox (94499 posts) -

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#14 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18650 posts) -

I honestly have no problem with rape land.

Avatar image for lostrib
#15 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

According to Merriam Webster, one of the three definitions of a joke is "something not to be taken seriously." So, even though very few may have found it funny, that doesn't detract from my intention for it to not be taken seriously.

*facepalm* that is not the way you are using the word joke

They are referring to: someone or something that is not worth taking seriously. For example, "That exam was a joke." or "Glenn Beck is a joke"

You use the term in the manner fitting this definition: something said or done to cause laughter

For example, "it was just a joke" or " There are comedians that make jokes [...] yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me"

Avatar image for sammyjenkis898
#16 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28392 posts) -

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Avatar image for indzman
#17 Posted by indzman (23557 posts) -

mods please send BRHD to rapeland LOL !

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#18 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

According to Merriam Webster, one of the three definitions of a joke is "something not to be taken seriously." So, even though very few may have found it funny, that doesn't detract from my intention for it to not be taken seriously.

*facepalm* that is not the way you are using the word joke

They are referring to: someone or something that is not worth taking seriously. For example, "That exam was a joke." or "Glenn Beck is a joke"

You use the term in the manner fitting this definition: something said or done to cause laughter

For example, "it was just a joke" or " There are comedians that make jokes [...] yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me"

Whatever, bro. Whatever. Just let it go. C'mon, son. C'mon.

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#19 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

Avatar image for indzman
#20 Posted by indzman (23557 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

You are not a bad looking brother, why can't you get pussy ?

Avatar image for lostrib
#21 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

According to Merriam Webster, one of the three definitions of a joke is "something not to be taken seriously." So, even though very few may have found it funny, that doesn't detract from my intention for it to not be taken seriously.

*facepalm* that is not the way you are using the word joke

They are referring to: someone or something that is not worth taking seriously. For example, "That exam was a joke." or "Glenn Beck is a joke"

You use the term in the manner fitting this definition: something said or done to cause laughter

For example, "it was just a joke" or " There are comedians that make jokes [...] yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me"

Whatever, bro. Whatever. Just let it go. C'mon, son. C'mon.

Well you made this thread for discussion, so please answer the question

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (94499 posts) -

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

You are not a bad looking brother, why can't you get pussy ?

He probably talks about Rape Land to them at dinner. You know, trying to make them laugh.

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#23 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

You are not a bad looking brother, why can't you get pussy ?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately for me, in most people's eyes, I am not beautiful. I've actually been called ugly by girls many times.

Avatar image for sammyjenkis898
#24 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28392 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

Well, I think of you as a troll, so I just assumed it wasn't true.

Avatar image for themajormayor
#25 Posted by themajormayor (25082 posts) -
@huggybear1020 said:

just give up on comedy, you aren't the next Daniel Tosh or Dave Chappelle, it just isn't your thing.

That doesn't say anything...

And brhd doesn't seem like the person who was fighting so hard to be a comedian and now he has to "give it up"

Avatar image for indzman
#26 Posted by indzman (23557 posts) -

@Storm_Marine said:

I'm guessing I've been missing out on OT recently? What's this all about?

BRHD is spamming new topic button and OT members are fed up with BRHD crazy topics =P

Avatar image for indzman
#27 Edited by indzman (23557 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

You are not a bad looking brother, why can't you get pussy ?

He probably talks about Rape Land to them at dinner. You know, trying to make them laugh.

ROFL

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#28 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

According to Merriam Webster, one of the three definitions of a joke is "something not to be taken seriously." So, even though very few may have found it funny, that doesn't detract from my intention for it to not be taken seriously.

*facepalm* that is not the way you are using the word joke

They are referring to: someone or something that is not worth taking seriously. For example, "That exam was a joke." or "Glenn Beck is a joke"

You use the term in the manner fitting this definition: something said or done to cause laughter

For example, "it was just a joke" or " There are comedians that make jokes [...] yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me"

Whatever, bro. Whatever. Just let it go. C'mon, son. C'mon.

Well you made this thread for discussion, so please answer the question

The fact that no-one or very few people found it funny doesn't make it any less of a joke. What makes it a joke is my, its creator's, intention. It was a bad joke.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#29 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18650 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Oh my God, you're actually black. I always thought that was a joke.

Why did you think so?

You are not a bad looking brother, why can't you get pussy ?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately for me, in most people's eyes, I am not beautiful. I've actually been called ugly by girls many times.

It's your own fault for not taking them to rapeland bro. They just got bored.

Avatar image for lostrib
#30 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

please explain how this was supposed to be funny?

According to Merriam Webster, one of the three definitions of a joke is "something not to be taken seriously." So, even though very few may have found it funny, that doesn't detract from my intention for it to not be taken seriously.

*facepalm* that is not the way you are using the word joke

They are referring to: someone or something that is not worth taking seriously. For example, "That exam was a joke." or "Glenn Beck is a joke"

You use the term in the manner fitting this definition: something said or done to cause laughter

For example, "it was just a joke" or " There are comedians that make jokes [...] yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me"

Whatever, bro. Whatever. Just let it go. C'mon, son. C'mon.

Well you made this thread for discussion, so please answer the question

The fact that no-one or very few people found it funny doesn't make it any less of a joke. What makes it a joke is my, its creator's, intention. It was a bad joke.

If it's a joke, you should be able to explain how it was supposed to be funny? Where was the punchline? At what point were we supposed to laugh?

Avatar image for Storm_Marine
#31 Edited by Storm_Marine (12711 posts) -

smh @ the joke nazis....

Avatar image for Iszdope
#32 Posted by Iszdope (13209 posts) -

Hilarious.

Avatar image for dave123321
#33 Posted by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: oh I had forgotten all this

Avatar image for dave123321
#34 Posted by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

This reminds me, was the animal abuse stuff from about a year back also a joke?

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#35 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@dave123321:

No comment.

Avatar image for TheGrinchh
#36 Posted by TheGrinchh (254 posts) -

Joke made no sense and was stupid to me, but the drama built around it is ridiculous and dumb. Should have been one of those things that you read, go "what? ok...stupid", and be on your way.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18650 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

This reminds me, was the animal abuse stuff from about a year back also a joke?

Dave stop choking that chicken.

Avatar image for dave123321
#38 Edited by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

I am happy that we have a number of new users that have joined us recently

Avatar image for ad1x2
#39 Posted by ad1x2 (6023 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: I put Pandora on pause to watch what you could have summed up in four sentences?

Avatar image for dave123321
#40 Posted by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

Maybe this is a sign of a new era of OT. Rebuilding from the ruins of the site change and community lag

Avatar image for dave123321
#41 Edited by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

@ad1x2: it's just music man.

He is trying to show us his sincerity.

Avatar image for ad1x2
#42 Posted by ad1x2 (6023 posts) -

@dave123321: I was in the middle of a Biggie Smalls song when I clicked the thread and saw the Youtube video. You don't interrupt B.I.G for just anything.

Avatar image for dave123321
#43 Edited by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

Just remember that you chose Adrian over Biggie. I think you can learn from this grave error. So all in all, a positive learning experience to assume that our users probably aren't worth diverting our attention.

Avatar image for lostrib
#44 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

This reminds me, was the animal abuse stuff from about a year back also a joke?

can we get a recap?

Avatar image for dave123321
#45 Edited by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

I think it's best to just move past it. Keep the thread light. Just leave it as another example of adys strange sense of humor

Avatar image for dave123321
#47 Posted by dave123321 (35101 posts) -

I won't be bringing rape land up anymore. It's finally time to retire that

Avatar image for coolbeans90
#48 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

why the **** does blu ray seem normal-ish IRL?

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#49 Edited by GreySeal9 (27856 posts) -

@huggybear1020 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@huggybear1020 said:

The problem with your "jokes" is that they aren't funny in the first place, which is why people can't tell when it's a joke. Seriously, just give up on comedy, you aren't the next Daniel Tosh or Dave Chappelle, it just isn't your thing.

My comedy is self-serving, to a degree. If people's reactions to it make me laugh, I'm content.

Well if that's the case, then ok. And I must say, you seem unusually articulate and intelligent for a black man.

WTF? I always thought some of your opinions were daft, but I never took you as a racist.

On a closely related note, it's weird how much racist stuff has been posted on this forum lately.

Avatar image for coolbeans90
#50 Edited by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -
@coolbeans90 said:

why the **** does blu ray seem normal-ish IRL?

i am fucking serious

when he types, it seems like an autist pounding away

but the vids he's posted, he seems like a perfectly normal dude