It is my sincerest hope that Game Stop and EB Game should be gone forever...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rickshao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rickshao
Member since 2006 • 308 Posts

Aside from the bad attitude and services, not owing up to their pre-orders, under sell reserved copies of games, let me enlighten you with my own bad shopping experience with them...yet again!

Last night, I went out looking for a copy of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, I tried not to purchase the game from Game Stop because I was boycotting them, but no other store had it. The first Game Stop I went to said they were all sold out, upon my inquiry, they told me that they had only received two copies of the game (Two measly copies? Mind you, that Game Stop is the largest video game retail chain in North America and the game only came out on Wednesday). Then as usual, the salesman with a condescending tone said "You should have reserved it if you wanted one..." Enraged by his comment, I replied, "You know what? Maybe I'll start pre-ordering when you guys learn how to do reservations  properly." As I got to the second Game Stop, I uncontrollably bought the game from them since they got the game in first than any other stores(Yes, I'm ashamed of myself).

And just my luck that the game happened to be a defect, on top of that the case is slightly cracked. I went to exchange the game this morning, they were out of stock, so they sent me to another near by Game Stop for the exchange.

When I got there, not only was the salesman rude, he tried to give me the copy they opened for display purpose. I was having none of that, so I told him to give me a new copy. Now, with increasing people wanting to try out new games, then sell them if they don't like it, I can understand that they need to tear open the shrink wrap before giving it to you. But guess what? The guy got me a new copy, opened it, and just swapped the games. Remember I said my original case was cracked? I told him I want everything exchanged, given my circumstances.

Determined not to let me get by easily, I received a look of discontent before the salesman swapped the games again. So now that the games are back to their respective cases, right? Defective copy to cracked case, new copy to new case. But when I wasn't paying attention, the guy did a switch-a-roo on me, and gave me back my original copy with cracked case, which I only realized this when I got home.

So there you go, yet another bad experience with Game Stop, just when I thought they could not possibly top themselves after the usual bad services and the despicable PS3 pre-orders, they managed to done that with flying colors. Game Stop, you have screwed me for the last time!

Dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Dafdiego777
Member since 2005 • 4112 Posts
uh..so you had some bad luck...think about it. They are a big chain...you have to expect this and take it with a grain of salt
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
where the heck im i supossed to buy my games, wal-mart, where the people dont even know what gears of war is, and there arent any small gaming stores around my house so i have to buy in ebgames or gamestop
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts
i never buy from ebgames anyways
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
I have never had a problem at EB Games. This happened at a GAMESTOP so why in the hell are you bringing EB into this?
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
Wow, you need to relax.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I have never had a problem at EB Games. This happened at a GAMESTOP so why in the hell are you bringing EB into this?LostProphetFLCL

Gamestop owns EB games.  They are the same company.

rickshao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rickshao
I have never had a problem at EB Games. This happened at a GAMESTOP so why in the hell are you bringing EB into this?LostProphetFLCL
Dude, I guess you are a little late with the news, huh? Game Stop and EB have merged long ago!
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
In the Arizona mall, their is Gamestop. Their is this Hot Chick their! She is a red head. LOL. Well, I don't think they should close down.
hamumu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hamumu
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
This is why you check on their site, to see if stores have them.

And they didn't have many, because the game is for a very small market when compared to big budget games. Buying 20 copies of a game for a small niche market does not make any sense.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Not that I am a huge fan of EB or GS, but you are blowing the whole scenario way out of proportion. If you are a huge fan of the series, or Koei or Atlus in general, you should know they NEVER produce millions of copies of their games. Also, it's your own fault for walking out without realizing what you had when you left, regardless if you think the clerk did it on purpose.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]I have never had a problem at EB Games. This happened at a GAMESTOP so why in the hell are you bringing EB into this?sonicare

Gamestop owns EB games. They are the same company.

I understand that but what I said still holds true. I have noticed no difference in the service at EBgames or gamestop for that matter.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
I don't think they should be gone...unlike many, I have never had a bad experience with GameStop...I've had maybe one or two with EB, but that's because they didn't have the game I was looking for. :P
Nisstyre_56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nisstyre_56
Member since 2006 • 2849 Posts
I try and buy from the independent places
rickshao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rickshao
This is why you check on their site, to see if stores have them.

And they didn't have many, because the game is for a very small market when compared to big budget games. Buying 20 copies of a game for a small niche market does not make any sense.
hamumu
Yes, I did check the availability online, and I don't know if you know this, but the Availability Checker is not in real time, most of the time, it takes at least 24 hours to reflect the quantities of games each store have in stock.
rickshao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rickshao
Not that I am a huge fan of EB or GS, but you are blowing the whole scenario way out of proportion. If you are a huge fan of the series, or Koei or Atlus in general, you should know they NEVER produce millions of copies of their games. Also, it's your own fault for walking out without realizing what you had when you left, regardless if you think the clerk did it on purpose.LukeAF24
First of all, Atlus, ture, but Koei, wrong! Secondly, if we are at a point that where we have to constantly monitoring every single thing the clerks do and folow them around when you already are doing an EXCHANGE, then Game Stop is way too messed up, then again, I guess that's my fault as well, huh?
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

In the Arizona mall, their is Gamestop. Their is this Hot Chick their! She is a red head. LOL. Well, I don't think they should close down.Hinata237

which mall, i live in Peoria near the Arrowhead Mall

Deathxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deathxcore
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
everyone at my local EB and Gamestop are pretty cool and responsible so i think you are one of those who just have bad luck or arent good working with people. dont generalize the whole franchise on your specific location store.
rpggamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rpggamer92
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
They can be annoying at times like when they sold me a used copy and charged me the price of a new one. i usually dont go there unless i have store credit from trade ins
rickshao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rickshao
everyone at my local EB and Gamestop are pretty cool and responsible so i think you are one of those who just have bad luck or arent good working with people. dont generalize the whole franchise on your specific location store.Deathxcore
I'm sorry, I thought after reading thousands of threads and complaints of Game Stop and EB it would be clear that Game Stop just plain sucks, even Game Spotter like Carrie, Ryan, Jeff, etc had numerous bad experiences with them! Apparently, you are the one who's generalizing the company with YOUR specific location thinking that they are "cool."
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
[QUOTE="Deathxcore"]everyone at my local EB and Gamestop are pretty cool and responsible so i think you are one of those who just have bad luck or arent good working with people. dont generalize the whole franchise on your specific location store.rickshao
I'm sorry, I thought after reading thousands of threads and complaints of Game Stop and EB it would be clear that Game Stop just plain sucks, even Game Spotter like Carrie, Ryan, Jeff, etc had numerous bad experiences with them! Apparently, you are the one who's generalizing the company with YOUR specific location thinking that they are "cool."

But remember, you hear threads about people complaining. You don't hear about the people who are satisfied, because they just don't talk about it. If you go by what people say, then every single business in the world is crap, because the only thing you're going to hear are complaints. I, for one, have never had a problem with EB. (they don't have GameStop in Canada, or at least not in my part)
puremage1209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 puremage1209
Member since 2006 • 1960 Posts
shop at game crazy... its a small chain that sells low and buys high
rickshao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rickshao
[QUOTE="rickshao"][QUOTE="Deathxcore"]everyone at my local EB and Gamestop are pretty cool and responsible so i think you are one of those who just have bad luck or arent good working with people. dont generalize the whole franchise on your specific location store.Luncbox1

But remember, you hear threads about people complaining. You don't hear about the people who are satisfied, because they just don't talk about it. If you go by what people say, then every single business in the world is crap, because the only thing you're going to hear are complaints. I, for one, have never had a problem with EB. (they don't have GameStop in Canada, or at least not in my part)

You tried to stay objective and sound very reasonable, which is what I'm trying to be. And I totally get your point that you hear more complaints than satisfactory responses, but please note, we, as paying customers are suppose to be satified, are we not? What ever happened to customer satisfaction guarentee? We are supposed to be satisfied, we are paying them! You can't think that we are just bunch of snobs who's taking satisfactory services for granted, because we are ENTITLED to great services. Falling below that line is unacceptable, and falling to Game Stop's line is just outright ridiculous!
Media_geek20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Media_geek20
Member since 2006 • 6491 Posts
It depends on the employee. Usually when I go, I get great service. However, the younger workers are typically nicer.