• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 All-Madden09
Member since 2009 • 227 Posts

Why is the president of our great nation trying to force

Israel to give up land to nations that hate Israel?

These nations have called for the demise of Israel, because they are "inferior"

since time began.

Personally I think the president is being very illogical, and has to understand Israel's

current situation.

Let me know what you think about this.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
Obama's going to lose America's ally in the ME if he keeps up with this shenanigans.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

Why is the president of our great nation trying to force

Israel to give up land to nations that hate Israel?

These nations have called for the demise of Israel, because they are "inferior"

since time began.

Personally I think the president is being very illogical, and has to understand Israel's

current situation.

Let me know what you think about this.

All-Madden09
Because the land they took are occupied territory.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44693 Posts
at this rate conservatives will say Obama declared war on Israel by tomorrow
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
He is trying to end a war that has been raging for decades and if it is ever going to stop their is going to have to be a compromise eventually.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

The United States can do whatever they want. It wasn't long ago that Iraq and Iran were allies of The US

_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

The Palestinians had to give up their land for Israel thanks to the US & Great Britain in 1948, and their territory continues to get smaller.

Where is your outcry for the Palestinians?

All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 All-Madden09

Not much sympathy for the Pakistan, considering they had Bin Laden hiding in plain sight for years.

Pakistan is also one of the country's that dislikes Israel. To respond to an earlier post, the land they took was from a war that was

declared on them, and they responded and won. They should be able to keep their land.

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts

The Palestinians had to give up their land for Israel thanks to the US & Great Britain in 1948, and their territory continues to get smaller.

_R34LiTY_
I agree. I don't understand why the people of both states can't just agree that their governments suck. I think a majority would rather just live in peace as one nation of free religion and beliefs.
All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 All-Madden09

The United States can do whatever they want. It wasn't long ago that Iraq and Iran were allies of The US

weezyfb

Well sure, but not without consequences. Yes they used to be our allies, until 9/11. Wouldn't you be a little cautious after

over 3,000 of your people were killed by terrorists from those nations?

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

Not much sympathy for the Pakistan, considering they had Bin Laden hiding in plain sight for years.

All-Madden09

who said anything about pakistan?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 m25105

Pakistan is also one of the country's that dislikes Israel. To respond to an earlier post, the land they took was from a war that was

declared on them, and they responded and won. They should be able to keep their land.

All-Madden09
What does Pakistand have to do with the Palestinians? And under international law, you can't keep land you won under a war.
All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 All-Madden09

[QUOTE="_R34LiTY_"]

madmidnight

I agree. I don't understand why the people of both states can't just agree that their governments suck. I think a majority would rather just live in peace as one nation of free religion and beliefs.

I completely agree. Yes they would prefer to live in peace with each other, but some extremists can't stand the idea of being at

peace with Israel, considering those people they believe that Jews are "Infedels."

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wolls

All-Madden09
And the current occupiers as supposed to like that?
All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 All-Madden09

[QUOTE="All-Madden09"]

m25105

What does Pakistand have to do with the Palestinians? And under international law, you can't keep land you won under a war.

Pakinstan is part of the area that surrounds Israel, Palistine.

You are correct about internation law, but would you want people that want to kill you, that much closer to your cities if you give back the land?

For years Israel has been willing to exchange land for durable peace, but the radicals will have none of that idea.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 m25105

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

All-Madden09

Well sure, but not without consequences. Yes they used to be our allies, until 9/11. Wouldn't you be a little cautious after

No. Iraq stopped being an ally with the United States when they invaded Kuwait. And Iran stopped being an ally after the revolution.
All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 All-Madden09

[QUOTE="All-Madden09"]

Wolls

I wouldn't belive so. Most of the occupiers are probably not radicals. Israel is afraid to give back this land, considering the nations they would give the land back to, are filled with terrorists.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="All-Madden09"]

All-Madden09

Pakinstan is part of the area that surrounds Israel, Palistine.

You are correct about internation law, but would you want people that want to kill you, that much closer to your cities if you give back the land?

For years Israel has been willing to exchange land for durable peace, but the radicals will have none of that idea.

Dear God man, get an atlas.

There has been many peace talks and Hamas have tried to push for peace. There is another thread that I posted, that pratically deconstructs your argument in words far better than I can put it. I'll give you a link to the thread and you can watch the video for yourself.

Here.

All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 All-Madden09

[QUOTE="All-Madden09"]

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

m25105

No. Iraq stopped being an ally with the United States when they invaded Kuwait. And Iran stopped being an ally after the revolution.

You are correct, my mistake. Remember we only invaded Kuwait after Saddam Husein invaded Kuwait. So we had to stop being their allies to liberate Kuwait.

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="_R34LiTY_"]

madmidnight

The 1948 settlement that was ignored by all parties involved you mean? The Islamic forces lost in 48, they lost in 67 and they lost in 73. The war in 1948 was a mess with all parties to blame, the war in 1967 was a preemptive strike by Israel against an Egypt who was gaining parity, if any borders are to be disputed its these borders. The 1967 borders simply make no sense as it was where the IDF forces happened to be when the ceasefire was called.
Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts

Ya...TC, judgingby your comments, you obviously dont know anything about the issue and its origins. If you dont know anything about it, dont comment on the subject/matter

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wolls

[QUOTE="Wolls"][QUOTE="All-Madden09"]

All-Madden09

I wouldn't belive so. Most of the occupiers are probably not radicals. Israel is afraid to give back this land, considering the nations they would give the land back to, are filled with terrorists.

True, but there is a government of Palestine and its people that they are also occupying. Just because you are afraid of what an organisation might do, it does not give you the right to take land that is not yours, especially when the main target of that organisation is to remove you from their land
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m25105

Ya...TC, judgingby your comments, you obviously dont know anything about the issue and its origins. If you dont know anything about it, dont comment on the subject/matter

Nayef_shroof
Don't be spiteful, use it instead to bring illumination to someone in the dark about this subject.
00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
Why do people have a problem with Israel taking over land? Plenty of other countries have done it.. With little to no outcry from the public.. I guess the popular thing is to hate Jews :|
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m25105

Why do people have a problem with Israel taking over land? Plenty of other countries have done it.. With little to no outcry from the public.. I guess the popular thing is to hate Jews :|00-Riddick-00

This has nothing to with hating Jews.

Under internation law, the territories that Israel refuses to give back and continues to build settlements on, is illegal.

The "fence" is also recognised as illegal by international court of justice. For a country that promotes itself as a democracy they sure do not seem to mind breaking laws.

_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

Why do people have a problem with Israel taking over land? Plenty of other countries have done it.. With little to no outcry from the public.. I guess the popular thing is to hate Jews :|00-Riddick-00

Some people see Israel as a country that cries a lot with it's "woe is me!!/what about us!?" attitude(so to speak) while being the big bad wolf itself, especially towards Palestine.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts
Borders aren't the problem. Palestine needs to get rid of Hamas....and then maybe there can be real peace talks. But they aren't going to happen with the status quo.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#29 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]Why do people have a problem with Israel taking over land? Plenty of other countries have done it.. With little to no outcry from the public.. I guess the popular thing is to hate Jews :|m25105
This has nothing to with hating jews. Under internation law, the territories that Israel refuses to give back and continues to build settlements on, is illegal. The "fence" is also recognised as illegal by internation court of justice. For a country that promotes itself as a democracy they sure do not seem to mind breaking laws.

wheter anybody likes it or not , the Middle East is not Europe, international law is never followed to the letter by anybody. thats the reality of things, everybody breaks international law and uses what you could term dirty politics using force. the fence will stay there until there will be peace, nobody likes it , but it does serve a security and political tool in a time of conflict. and don't tell me nobody on the anti Israel camp is anti Jewish , that attitude is there and is expressed quite alot, its just that its not the majority view. and I don't see any issue here, a return to the 67 borders with minor adjustments and land swaps is bound to happen at some point, most people in Israel would agree with that.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 m25105

Borders aren't the problem. Palestine needs to get rid of Hamas....and then maybe there can be real peace talks. But they aren't going to happen with the status quo.LJS9502_basic
There was a peace talk and Hamas tried to maintain the peace even acting against the small organisation convincing them not to throw rockets at Israel. I love this video because it again and again deconstructs the accusation and arguments.

All-Madden09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 All-Madden09

[QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]Why do people have a problem with Israel taking over land? Plenty of other countries have done it.. With little to no outcry from the public.. I guess the popular thing is to hate Jews :|_R34LiTY_

Some people see Israel as a country that cries a lot with it's "woe is me!!/what about us!?" attitude(so to speak) while being the big bad wolf itself, especially towards Palestine.

I can see where your coming from, but would you want the U.S. surrounded by people who want to kill ALL of us?

Israel's situation really does kind of suck.

Give back land and follow the law, might result in another war.

Not giving it back, might result in isolation from their allies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Borders aren't the problem. Palestine needs to get rid of Hamas....and then maybe there can be real peace talks. But they aren't going to happen with the status quo.m25105

There was a peace talk and Hamas tried to maintain the peace even acting against the small organisation convincing them not to throw rockets at Israel. I love this video because it again and again deconstructs the accusation and arguments.

Didn't bother to watch the link. I would never base what's been happening over there on one video. As long as Hamas is in Palestine...expect problems. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Remove Hamas and then the Israeli government should negotiate.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="_R34LiTY_"]

madmidnight

that statement is wrong in 2 places. 1. if you bothered to read or watch any Israeli media (which you can't since you probably know no Hebrew) , or knew public opinion , you would know people and the press in Israel constantly scrutanizes the government , and people complain all the time, that is a product of democracy. 2. the one state solution is equal to insanity, the vast majority of people would not want that I can assure you of that
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]Why do people have a problem with Israel taking over land? Plenty of other countries have done it.. With little to no outcry from the public.. I guess the popular thing is to hate Jews :|Darkman2007
This has nothing to with hating jews. Under internation law, the territories that Israel refuses to give back and continues to build settlements on, is illegal. The "fence" is also recognised as illegal by internation court of justice. For a country that promotes itself as a democracy they sure do not seem to mind breaking laws.

wheter anybody likes it or not , the Middle East is not Europe, international law is never followed to the letter by anybody. thats the reality of things, everybody breaks international law and uses what you could term dirty politics using force. the fence will stay there until there will be peace, nobody likes it , but it does serve a security and political tool in a time of conflict. and don't tell me nobody on the anti Israel camp is anti Jewish , that attitude is there and is expressed quite alot, its just that its not the majority view. and I don't see any issue here, a return to the 67 borders with minor adjustments and land swaps is bound to happen at some point, most people in Israel would agree with that.

So is Norman Finkelstein anti Jewish? or Noam Chomsky? Or the orthodox Jews who are against Israel?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Borders aren't the problem. Palestine needs to get rid of Hamas....and then maybe there can be real peace talks. But they aren't going to happen with the status quo.LJS9502_basic

Didn't bother to watch the link. I would never base what's been happening over there on one video. As long as Hamas is in Palestine...expect problems. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Remove Hamas and then the Israeli government should negotiate.

That link that you didn't bother to click, is a video of Dr. Norman Finkelstein adressing how Israel killed the Palestinians offensive for peace. And how Hamas acted responsibly for peace.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="m25105"] There was a peace talk and Hamas tried to maintain the peace even acting against the small organisation convincing them not to throw rockets at Israel. I love this video because it again and again deconstructs the accusation and arguments.

m25105

That link that you didn't bother to click, is a video of Dr. Norman Finkelstein adressing how Israel killed the Palestinians offensive for peace. And how Hamas acted responsibly for peace.

Never heard of the dude....but Hamas actions are not peaceful so if he didn't allow for that then I don't give him any credibility.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Borders aren't the problem. Palestine needs to get rid of Hamas....and then maybe there can be real peace talks. But they aren't going to happen with the status quo.m25105

Hamas are sending more mixed signals then anybody. they don't recognise Israel , but they are willing to ignore any negotiations Abu Mazen tries to have. they are disunited themselves, much less with Fatah. if anybody describes them as peace loving he needs to read their manifesto , which has some things in it that Hitler would be proud of.. and Finkelstien is basically repeating the "go back to the 67 border and everything will be fine and dandy" line, which won't work. he also calls Israel a lunatic state (and says the people are essentially lunatics too) , and says Israel needs to suffer a defeat similar to Germany in 1945. he has the right to speak his mind, just like I have the right to call his views silly
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="m25105"] This has nothing to with hating jews. Under internation law, the territories that Israel refuses to give back and continues to build settlements on, is illegal. The "fence" is also recognised as illegal by internation court of justice. For a country that promotes itself as a democracy they sure do not seem to mind breaking laws.m25105

So is Norman Finkelstein anti Jewish? or Noam Chomsky? Or the orthodox Jews who are against Israel?

please learn to read. I said not the majority . and the Orthodox Jews youre talking about are Neturei Kartra, who went to attend Ahmadinajad's "Holocaust Conference" a few years ago , where the main topic was how the holocaust didnt happen (which would be an insult to my Grandmother who is a holocaust survivor, as well as to a fair chunk of my family who were buried in a mass grave) yeah , not the greatest people to converse with.......
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Didn't bother to watch the link. I would never base what's been happening over there on one video. As long as Hamas is in Palestine...expect problems. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Remove Hamas and then the Israeli government should negotiate.

LJS9502_basic

Never heard of the dude....but Hamas actions are not peaceful so if he didn't allow for that then I don't give him any credibility.

Hamas arrests militants firing rockets.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Borders aren't the problem. Palestine needs to get rid of Hamas....and then maybe there can be real peace talks. But they aren't going to happen with the status quo.Darkman2007

Hamas are sending more mixed signals then anybody. they don't recognise Israel , but they are willing to ignore any negotiations Abu Mazen tries to have. they are disunited themselves, much less with Fatah. if anybody describes them as peace loving he needs to read their manifesto , which has some things in it that Hitler would be proud of.. and Finkelstien is basically repeating the "go back to the 67 border and everything will be fine and dandy" line, which won't work. he also calls Israel a lunatic state (and says the people are essentially lunatics too) , and says Israel needs to suffer a defeat similar to Germany in 1945. he has the right to speak his mind, just like I have the right to call his views silly

Hamas actually recognise Israel as a state within the 1967 borders. And yes Hamas have tried to push and maintain peace.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="m25105"] That link that you didn't bother to click, is a video of Dr. Norman Finkelstein adressing how Israel killed the Palestinians offensive for peace. And how Hamas acted responsibly for peace.

m25105

well of course they will arrest them , if they don't , they will keep firing rockets until Israel retaliates, and Hamas doesnt want another war with Israel. its called pragmatism to a certain level , they promote violence when it suits their political goals, and do otherwise when it suits them. also , they arrest other groups simply because they don't want any contenders on the ground.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="m25105"] That link that you didn't bother to click, is a video of Dr. Norman Finkelstein adressing how Israel killed the Palestinians offensive for peace. And how Hamas acted responsibly for peace.

m25105

The European Union, the United States, Canada, Israel and Japan cIassify Hamas as a terrorist organization,

/quote

So I don't want to hear Hamas isn't terrorist.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 m25105
[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] wheter anybody likes it or not , the Middle East is not Europe, international law is never followed to the letter by anybody. thats the reality of things, everybody breaks international law and uses what you could term dirty politics using force. the fence will stay there until there will be peace, nobody likes it , but it does serve a security and political tool in a time of conflict. and don't tell me nobody on the anti Israel camp is anti Jewish , that attitude is there and is expressed quite alot, its just that its not the majority view. and I don't see any issue here, a return to the 67 borders with minor adjustments and land swaps is bound to happen at some point, most people in Israel would agree with that.Darkman2007

please learn to read. I said not the majority . and the Orthodox Jews youre talking about are Neturei Kartra, who went to attend Ahmadinajad's "Holocaust Conference" a few years ago , where the main topic was how the holocaust didnt happen (which would be an insult to my Grandmother who is a holocaust survivor, as well as to a fair chunk of my family who were buried in a mass grave) yeah , not the greatest people to converse with.......

Those people actually went to defend that the Holocaust did happen.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="m25105"] There was a peace talk and Hamas tried to maintain the peace even acting against the small organisation convincing them not to throw rockets at Israel. I love this video because it again and again deconstructs the accusation and arguments.

m25105

Hamas actually recognise Israel as a state within the 1967 borders. And yes Hamas have tried to push and maintain peace.

no Hamas didn't recognise Israel , at most they recognise that its there. what they did say is that they will not directly oppose Abu Mazen's negotiations. even then , the military wing of Hamas still has a different line from the political leaders.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Never heard of the dude....but Hamas actions are not peaceful so if he didn't allow for that then I don't give him any credibility.LJS9502_basic

The European Union, the United States, Canada, Israel and Japan cIassify Hamas as a terrorist organization,

/quote

The United Nations do not recognise them as terrorists.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="m25105"]

m25105

/quote

I don't recognize the United Nations....now what?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="m25105"]

m25105

Those people actually went to defend that the Holocaust did happen.

not really, they were sending some pretty mixed signals themselves, while at the same time meeting Ahmadinajad and using the Holocaust to bash Israel .

besides , if they really were standing up for the Holocaust, they wouldnt have gone in the first place to that ludicrous confrence.

these are known as opportunists, and they indeed exist.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] Hamas are sending more mixed signals then anybody. they don't recognise Israel , but they are willing to ignore any negotiations Abu Mazen tries to have. they are disunited themselves, much less with Fatah. if anybody describes them as peace loving he needs to read their manifesto , which has some things in it that Hitler would be proud of.. and Finkelstien is basically repeating the "go back to the 67 border and everything will be fine and dandy" line, which won't work. he also calls Israel a lunatic state (and says the people are essentially lunatics too) , and says Israel needs to suffer a defeat similar to Germany in 1945. he has the right to speak his mind, just like I have the right to call his views sillyDarkman2007

no Hamas didn't recognise Israel , at most they recognise that its there. what they did say is that they will not directly oppose Abu Mazen's negotiations. even then , the military wing of Hamas still has a different line from the political leaders.

I will concede that that is true, Hamas will accept the 1967 borders, but Israel itself as a nation. I was wrong on that account.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]The European Union, the United States, Canada, Israel and Japan cIassify Hamas as a terrorist organization,

/quote

LJS9502_basic

I don't recognize the United Nations....now what?

Pity, they will still exist.