Islam....a religon misinterpreted by the west

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FatalFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FatalFist
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
Would like to clear up ppls misunerstanding on this...the difference b/w Islam and terrorism
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Ummm... were you supposed to do this?
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

Why would anyone compare the two?

They have nothing to do with each other, by definition.

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 RiSkyBiZ-13
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts
Most terrorists are Islam, but nobody thinks most of Islam are terrorists. =P
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cube_of_MooN

Most terrorists are Islam, but nobody thinks most of Islam are terrorists. =PRiSkyBiZ-13

I wouldn't go as far as to say nobody...

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Sweeping generalizations FTL.
Giangio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Giangio
Member since 2003 • 11759 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's misenterpreted in the east too.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
Oh! Thank you for opening my blind American eyes, I would never have known that if it wasn't for you!
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
Most muslims are good people, but it's the radical 20% that gets all the tv time.
Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts
just curious if the koran has any writtings that could be considered anti west or anti isreal.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
Most muslims are good people, but it's the radical 20% that gets all the tv time.
maheo30
lol your percent is wayyyyy off.... do you know how many ppl make 20% of 1.3 billion? try 1%....
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cube_of_MooN

maheo30

20%? So over 200 million muslims are radical?

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killtactics
just curious if the koran has any writtings that could be considered anti west or anti isreal.ItalStallion777
Israel did't even existe back then...
RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RiSkyBiZ-13

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]Most terrorists are Islam, but nobody thinks most of Islam are terrorists. =PCube_of_MooN

Touche', but I can't post such talk! The one thread i was posting on about liberals, I posted a few of my personal views and I was reported by like 3 people. Leave it to the libs!

ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ItalStallion777

[QUOTE="ItalStallion777"]just curious if the koran has any writtings that could be considered anti west or anti isreal.killtactics

let me rephrase that then....anti jews

aren't the terrorists using certain passages in the koran to justify killings and try to prove that this is what Allah wants?

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killtactics
[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]Most terrorists are Islam, but nobody thinks most of Islam are terrorists. =PRiSkyBiZ-13

Touche', but I can't post such talk! The one thread i was posting on about liberals, I posted a few of my personal views and I was reported by like 3 people. Leave it to the libs!

by the way just as a side note, your sentence is terribly put... it would be like me saying "most terrorists are Christ......."

you meant to say "most terrorists are Muslim...."

you would think ppl would have learned the difference between "Islam" and "Muslim" after 4 years of war in Iraq.....

maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 maheo30
Anyone who knows anything about the middle east knows that 15-20% of the muslims there are radical. And an argument can be made to raise that. 60-70% want Israel wiped out. Would you consider that radical? When the twin towers were hit did you notice the massive number of muslims in the middle east that were dancing in the streets? The Islam in the middle east is vastly different than the Islam preached here. 1% is an absurd number that is just plain ignorant.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killtactics

[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="ItalStallion777"]just curious if the koran has any writtings that could be considered anti west or anti isreal.ItalStallion777

aren't the terrorists using certain passages in the koran to justify killings and try to prove that this is what Allah wants?

does it matter? you can pretty much "justify" anything using religion.... even slavery was justified by religion back in the day...and it really has nothing to do with "jews" as much as Israel and what it did..... so if you want to know what the justification is just read up on Israels birth....
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cube_of_MooN

Anyone who knows anything about the middle east knows that 15-20% of the muslims there are radical. And an argument can be made to raise that. 60-70% want Israel wiped out. Would you consider that radical? When the twin towers were hit did you notice the massive number of muslims in the middle east that were dancing in the streets? The Islam in the middle east is vastly different than the Islam preached here. 1% is an absurd number that is just plain ignorant.
maheo30

I'd love to see some justification of that number... It sounds to me like you are rather anti-Islam. 60-70 want Isreal wiped out? That's absurd.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killtactics
maheo30
lol did you just say "plain ignorant" after making up a buch of random statistics?... Islam in the middle east is the same Islam here:|.... its not like there is an "American" version of Islam.... and considering the fact that i was born in Turkey and lived in Saudi Arabia, yes i would say i know a thing or two about the middle east.....
RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RiSkyBiZ-13

[QUOTE="maheo30"]Anyone who knows anything about the middle east knows that 15-20% of the muslims there are radical. And an argument can be made to raise that. 60-70% want Israel wiped out. Would you consider that radical? When the twin towers were hit did you notice the massive number of muslims in the middle east that were dancing in the streets? The Islam in the middle east is vastly different than the Islam preached here. 1% is an absurd number that is just plain ignorant.
Cube_of_MooN

I'd love to see some justification of that number... It sounds to me like you are rather anti-Islam. 60-70 want Isreal wiped out? That's absurd.

mahaeo30- I agree with you completely. I saw the Muslums dancing as the towers fell. Unfortunately, liberals plague these forums like they plague our country, and you'll have nothing but arguments. They sit back and think about how terribly our troops treat the poor Iraqi detainees, the controversal interrorgation methods used by different federal agencies, and how certian people disrespect the Koran by misspelling it or 'dropping it' (that his headlines). I'm sure their view would be different if one of their family members had died in the towers, yet they didn't so they'll remain in denial and oblivious, pretending that we live in the perfect world where only a tiny sliver of people actually want us dead.

ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ItalStallion777
[QUOTE="ItalStallion777"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="ItalStallion777"]just curious if the koran has any writtings that could be considered anti west or anti isreal.killtactics

does it matter? you can pretty much "justify" anything using religion.... even slavery was justified by religion back in the day...and it really has nothing to do with "jews" as much as Israel and what it did..... so if you want to know what the justification is just read up on Israels birth....

yes, you can justify anything using religion but not everything using text. i was specifically asking if anything in the koran said anything that the terrorists used to justify themselves.

btw, i know the story with isreal's creation and how it sparked hatred again the state.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cube_of_MooN

mahaeo30- I agree with you completely. I saw the Muslums dancing as the towers fell. Unfortunately, liberals plague these forums like they plague our country, and you'll have nothing but arguments. They sit back and think about how terribly our troops treat the poor Iraqi detainees, the controversal interrorgation methods used by different federal agencies, and how certian people disrespect the Koran by misspelling it or 'dropping it' (that his headlines). I'm sure their view would be different if one of their family members had died in the towers, yet they didn't so they'll remain in denial and oblivious, pretending that we live in the perfect world where only a tiny sliver of people actually want us dead.

RiSkyBiZ-13

If you are calling me liberal, I am not. I'm conservative :? Don't make baseless assumptions.

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
your assumption of ignorance is quite ignorant
EsYuGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EsYuGee
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

maheo30

15-20 percent of Mid. Eastern Muslims are not 15-20% of the world's Muslims. Which people in the Middle East were dancing in the streets? Are you talking about the tape about the Palestinians chanting in the street the CNN showed? That's a pretty famous clip that CNN later had to recant because it was a taped prior to the event and had nothing to do with it.

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RiSkyBiZ-13
Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cube_of_MooN

Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.RiSkyBiZ-13

Having a different opinion is fine, but when the insults get thrown around, that's when you get in trouble.

EsYuGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EsYuGee
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

I always thought having multiple viewpoints expressed was cherished in the US. Maybe I grew up in a different America.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

maheo30

Figures we would get this form the odvious neo conservative... That being said 20% is absurd.. First of all when the twin towers hit alot of people were dancing int he streets for reasons other then extremism in religion.. Like the fact that people in many parts of the world REGARDLESS of their religion.. Realize that the US has supported every major dicatator over there and sitll does, isn't it a bit rational to realize that maybe some hate the US for reasons other then religion>?

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts
[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]

[QUOTE="maheo30"]Anyone who knows anything about the middle east knows that 15-20% of the muslims there are radical. And an argument can be made to raise that. 60-70% want Israel wiped out. Would you consider that radical? When the twin towers were hit did you notice the massive number of muslims in the middle east that were dancing in the streets? The Islam in the middle east is vastly different than the Islam preached here. 1% is an absurd number that is just plain ignorant.
RiSkyBiZ-13

A few people dancing around cheering because a couple towers fell down are representative of a whole religious group?

My dad died in the towers, BTW.

ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ItalStallion777
i define a radical muslim as a terrorist, anyone sheltering a terrorist, or anyone sympathizing with a terrorist. now that just might be 10%-20% of the muslim population.
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 maheo30

Cube_of_MooN

Do you know anything at all about what it is like in that part of the world? It may be absurd to you but when the children's programs speak of the beauty of suicide bombing ( yes I mean children's programs) and the programming there is nothing but propaganda 20% is the right amount. Those poor kids not 7 years old getting on Al-Jazeera and spewing racial slurs against jews is just sad beyond words. When Hezbollah bombs their own hospitals then Al-Jazeera edits the clip claiming the jews did it. Those people don't have the access to the media to be able to find out the truth. They are fed nothing but propaganda and how evil the jews are. Is it any wonder so many of them want to drive them into the sea.

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RiSkyBiZ-13
[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"][QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]

Cerussite

A few people dancing around cheering because a couple towers fell down are representative of a whole religious group?

A few people? Do you ever turn on your TV? Oh, just a couple of towers, that's all? Wow...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59d151f079814

Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.RiSkyBiZ-13

No, its just when that opinion is riddled with ignorance and logical fallacies do people get annoyed.

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RiSkyBiZ-13

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.sSubZerOo

No, its just when that opinion is riddled with ignorance and logical fallacies do people get annoyed.

Please, do tell me what ignorance I displayed? Which logical fallacies?

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's misenterpreted in the east too.Giangio

LOL so true,

From what I've read of the Koran (in English) it'll have a few great paragraphs with plenty of detail, examples, and clarification. Then out of the blue you'll get what seems to be a random sentence thrown in that screws everything all up. It almost seems to me that somebody threw some things in there w/out God's concent.

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cerussite
[QUOTE="Cerussite"]

RiSkyBiZ-13

A few people? Do you ever turn on your TV? Oh, just a couple of towers, that's all? Wow...

It's not like everybody in the Middle East hates America. :|

You just have a xenophobic take on all of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="Cerussite"][QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"][QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]

RiSkyBiZ-13

This is ignoranceat its best.Yes because Television shows all 1billion+ muslim worshippers.. I bet you don't even know where the largest population of islamic followers are.

maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 maheo30

sSubZerOo

Figures we would get this form the odvious neo conservative... That being said 20% is absurd.. First of all when the twin towers hit alot of people were dancing int he streets for reasons other then extremism in religion.. Like the fact that people in many parts of the world REGARDLESS of their religion.. Realize that the US has supported every major dicatator over there and sitll does, isn't it a bit rational to realize that maybe some hate the US for reasons other then religion>?

Figures I would get that response from the obvious liberal kool-aider.

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cerussite
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

maheo30

What an immature response.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cube_of_MooN

sSubZerOo

I don't agree with the 20% figure, but saying that the "US has supported every major dictator over there and still does" goes way too far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.RiSkyBiZ-13

Stereotyping, overgenerlizing, when you guys start making broad statements like 20%+ islam followers are extremists.. The proof of burden is on you... Also the fact of the matter is alot of people who hate the United States have reasons other then religion.. the US has bombed quite a few places in the middle east, killing many innocents.. Not just that but the US has supported alot of brutal dictators over there.. And we still are.. This is not to say the US are bad, but I am sick of the bleeding heart "patriot" propaganda I see people spewing.. That nothing can be wrong with the US! They are always morally just, and the only reason why people hate us is because they are irrational! This propaganda makes me sick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Cube_of_MooN

I don't agree with the 20% figure, but saying that the "US has supported every major dictator over there and still does" goes way too far.

We supported Iran, iraq, Saudi Arabia, Taliban.. Hmm.. Hell we are partially responsible for the state of Iran in government.. Afterall the CIA overthrew the democratically elected president in the 60s.

PherdnutChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PherdnutChiken
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
[QUOTE="Cerussite"][QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"][QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]

RiSkyBiZ-13

How many people then? How many were dancing across the pan islamic world? Clearly you know this, right? You could tell us what regions of what countries at least right? How about that clip you're referring to? Where was that? And yes, I'm pretty sure therer was only one clip and it didn't surprise me because I know where it was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

maheo30

Actually I am moderate buddy. But I find it entertaining that any one can even listen to you with that avatar.. Odviously you are so unbias :roll:

FatalFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FatalFist
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

Wel thisis the impression I got...i just wanted the views of the common people and not the media,...and well I'd like to ask this from you,Do you think hijab is wierd or wrong and should not be donned,and do you think that ppl in IRaq and Afghanistan

fighting against the Un Forces are all wrong everysingle one of them

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cube_of_MooN

Stereotyping, overgenerlizing, when you guys start making broad statements like 20%+ islam followers are extremists.. The proof of burden is on you... Also the fact of the matter is alot of people who hate the United States have reasons other then religion.. the US has bombed quite a few places in the middle east, killing many innocents.. Not just that but the US has supported alot of brutal dictators over there.. And we still are.. This is not to say the US are bad, but I am sick of the bleeding heart "patriot" propaganda I see people spewing.. That nothing can be wrong with the US! They are always morally just, and the only reason why people hate us is because they are irrational! This propaganda makes me sick.

sSubZerOo

And you aren't spewing anti-American propaganda? I agree that America isn't perfect, but you seem to seek to villainize it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Cube_of_MooN

And you aren't spewing anti-American propaganda? I agree that America isn't perfect, but you seem to seek to villainize it.

No not at all.. I have already stated the US is just like every other country.. Eveyr country is inherintly short sided and selfish.. The only thing I wish to state is that all people that disagree with the US arn't traitors enemies etc.. That the US is some how not the superior morally just country.. We all have our skeletons in the closet.. And its rediculous to some how think that people have no lregitimate reason sto hate us.. That beign said this country is great with numerous freedoms. Though like everything its not perfect and there is always room for improvement.

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RiSkyBiZ-13
[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.sSubZerOo

I agree that the U.S. has MANY faults, I'll bash my own country as much as I'll bash Islam. What I don't understand is why we have to LOVE everyone but ourselves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]Like I said, nothing but flame. I wonder how many people will report me this time for- God forbid- *gasp* posting a personal view that doesn't agree with the majority.RiSkyBiZ-13

I agree that the U.S. has MANY faults, I'll bash my own country as much as I'll bash Islam. What I don't understand is why we have to LOVE everyone but ourselves.

Did I ever say we should love some of these people? No, most of these cultures are inferior with numerous faults for them.. I am merely stating that its not as simple as why some of these people hate us because of religion.