ISIS fighters hit by deadly flesh-eating disease

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Great news. We don't have to send any troops to the Middle East. Nature will take care of things like she always do. I just hope the disease doesn't spread to the civilians

Hundreds of Islamic State fighters in the Syrian city of Raqqa, capital of the self proclaimed ISIS caliphate have been infected by Leishmaniasis which can become fatal if not treated with a simple course of medicine.

Leishmaniasis is a disease caused by a parasite and is transmitted by the bite of certain types of sand flies. Worldwide, about 2 million new cases are reported each year causing 20,000 to 50,000 deaths. The disease causes large open wounds which eat away flesh and enlarged spleen and liver.Initial cases were reported in war-torn Syria last year and doctors from organisations like Medicines Sans Frontieres were trying to curb the outbreak, but have left the area since ISIS took control. Local medics with little experience of treating Leishmaniasis are left to deal with patients now. It is also reported that jihadi fighters are refusing medical treatment which has led to it spreading extensively.Dr Hotez, President of the Sabine Vaccine Institute has termed the situation out of control.Public health control measures stop. There are breakdowns in the water supply and sanitation, breakdowns in healthcare access and access to medicines. All of this happens at once and it is a perfect storm of events.Recently, World Health Organisation (WHO) had warned of epidemics as Syria's health system had collapsed after years of civil war. An estimated 64% of Syrian public hospitals have been damaged, destroyed or shut down due to the continuing conflict, according to the organization, " Save the Children". The situation is further aggravated as ISIS, in its attempt to impose Shariah in the areas it has captured has required doctors to change their practices. Doctors in Raqqa were told last month that they would be fined if they delivered babies by “unIslamic” Caesarian section

http://www.digitaljournal.com/life/health/isis-fighters-hit-by-deadly-flesh-eating-disease/article/429932#ixzz3WNF133sO

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Such a pity.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

Syria must have used biological weapons. They've clearly crossed the line again. Time to send in the troops and make everything better. #GOTeamAmerica

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Karmic retribution.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Well one can hope it doesn't affect Civilians, Just like I can hope a bus full of models will pull up to my house and ask me to come along to rub oil on their bodies before a photo shoot.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@ssvegeta555 said:

Karmic retribution.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@Treflis said:

Well one can hope it doesn't affect Civilians, Just like I can hope a bus full of models will pull up to my house and ask me to come along to rub oil on their bodies before a photo shoot.

Are you saying that this has never happened to you before ? :P

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

good

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts
@Treflis said:

Its spreading mainly among ISIS because they are refusing proper medical attention and protocol leading to epidemic. I guess this is one of the downsides of being overly religious. Not sure about state of civilian affairs there but I hope they have access to proper medical treatment and sane enough to take it

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Good, I hope they rot in hell.

Happy easter :-)

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Cannot think of a better group for this to happen to.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Science is bad! God will see to our needs!

AHHHHH! OMG my skin is rotting! We need science to halp!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@Sandulf29 said:
@Treflis said:

Its spreading mainly among ISIS because they are refusing proper medical attention and protocol leading to epidemic. I guess this is one of the downsides of being overly religious. Not sure about state of civilian affairs there but I hope they have access to proper medical treatment and sane enough to take it

Fairly certain they'll start to flock to medical institutions when several of them starts to die as a result of the illness, maybe not for treatment but to stockpile medicine in a desperate attempt to stop it on their own. Making them linger among the civilian population and increasing the risk of it spreading, infact anyone of them who're infected that visits a town, village or city can spread the illness to others.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I mean I glad rapists and kilers are getting sick, but they are probably infecting civilians.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#16 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@iloveatlus: I just hope the disease doesn't spread to the civilians

Thats exactly why biochemical weapons are controversial, they cannot be contained, this will DEFINITELY spread to the civilian population, and since these are parasites they will eventually evolve to resist medical procedures and in the long run further complicate things, whoever resorted to biochemical weapons either didn't think this through or didn't give a shit about collateral damage, this is a terrible idea, even if it is against ISIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
whoever resorted to biochemical weapons either didn't think this through or didn't give a shit about collateral damage, this is a terrible idea, even if it is against ISIS.

who says it's a bioweapon?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Religion is such a fucked up poison, i really am amazed anyone would follow any organized religion at all (christianity included). The only thing they provide is a loss of time and money (or your life if you're a fool). Everything they provide can be done by yourself or with family using a pillow and some simple meditations.

It's crazy that these fools would not be treated by a qualified doctor, this is the kind of stupidity that religious dogma will bring to you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@Dark_sageX said:
whoever resorted to biochemical weapons either didn't think this through or didn't give a shit about collateral damage, this is a terrible idea, even if it is against ISIS.

who says it's a bioweapon?

The Media will tell you it is.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@Treflis said:

Are you saying that this has never happened to you before ? :P

Whaaaa?? Come on @Treflis get it together.

tshot70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tshot70
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

Karma is a bitch. This proves it. :D

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

This is bad news for the Anglo-Zionist hegemon.

Obama will have to intervene to save his cherished anti-Assad proxies.

Oh, and what about the Israeli hospitals and clinics where wounded ISIS fighters are being treated by Israeli medics? Aren't they equipped to deal with Leishmaniasis?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Gotta love karma...

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

Great news. We don't have to send any troops to the Middle East. Nature will take care of things like she always do. I just hope the disease doesn't spread to the civilians

Hundreds of Islamic State fighters in the Syrian city of Raqqa, capital of the self proclaimed ISIS caliphate have been infected by Leishmaniasis which can become fatal if not treated with a simple course of medicine.

Leishmaniasis is a disease caused by a parasite and is transmitted by the bite of certain types of sand flies. Worldwide, about 2 million new cases are reported each year causing 20,000 to 50,000 deaths. The disease causes large open wounds which eat away flesh and enlarged spleen and liver.Initial cases were reported in war-torn Syria last year and doctors from organisations like Medicines Sans Frontieres were trying to curb the outbreak, but have left the area since ISIS took control. Local medics with little experience of treating Leishmaniasis are left to deal with patients now. It is also reported that jihadi fighters are refusing medical treatment which has led to it spreading extensively.Dr Hotez, President of the Sabine Vaccine Institute has termed the situation out of control.Public health control measures stop. There are breakdowns in the water supply and sanitation, breakdowns in healthcare access and access to medicines. All of this happens at once and it is a perfect storm of events.Recently, World Health Organisation (WHO) had warned of epidemics as Syria's health system had collapsed after years of civil war. An estimated 64% of Syrian public hospitals have been damaged, destroyed or shut down due to the continuing conflict, according to the organization, " Save the Children". The situation is further aggravated as ISIS, in its attempt to impose Shariah in the areas it has captured has required doctors to change their practices. Doctors in Raqqa were told last month that they would be fined if they delivered babies by “unIslamic” Caesarian section

http://www.digitaljournal.com/life/health/isis-fighters-hit-by-deadly-flesh-eating-disease/article/429932#ixzz3WNF133sO

Sadly its unconfirmed

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

That's their God's way of saying "you're doing it wrong!"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Deliberately introduced into the population?
Deliberately introduced into the population?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@Storm_Marine: i think it was the chilli of last week

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I hope no stupid Country or charity group sends them medicine. They deserve to die like this.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

That's awesome. I hope it rots off all their dicks.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@-TheSecondSign- said:

That's awesome. I hope it rots off all their dicks.

Amazing, I was thinking the exact same thing.