Is this Being Paranoid?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts

I'd never given it thought until a friend pointed it out, but I always have two months worth of dehydrated food, petrol, a crossbow and bottled water in the basement. Just in case the s*** hits the fan.

Is that paranoid or just being prepared.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

yeah, you never know when relatives are going to make a surprise visit

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts
:lol:, That's a little of both IMO.
This_Is_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 This_Is_Not
Member since 2003 • 2421 Posts

That's not paranoid at all. There are all sorts of disasters that could easily cut your tyes to clean food, water, and protecection for a few weeks.

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

No. In fact, you need to be more prepared.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
know what they say, its not paranoia if they're really after you.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I call that being prepared, although your crossbow might be less effective if the guy down the street is stockpiling shotgun shells.

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
That's not paranoid at all. It's something I plan on doing in the future (being prepared for anything, that is)
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Can I have your crossbow?:)

ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ace-of-spades93

I call that being prepared, although your crossbow might be less effective if the guy down the street is stockpiling shotgun shells.

aransom
I'm living in the UK, so it's easier to get hold of Crossbows. And there's less chance of it going t*** up.
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Not at all. It's being prepared.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Well ummm... I have almost a year's worth of deodorant for my whole family, shampoo to last at least a year, at least 100 cans of soup and other canned goods, 50+ jars of jam, enough razors and shaving cream to last well into summer, a dozen tubes of toothpaste and new toothbrushes for every family member, 12 bags of cat food (we have one cat), a dozen boxes of cereal, 3 containers of ibuprofen, 2 cases of bottled water (will be more fairly soon), 5 massive packages of toilet paper, 6 6-roll packages of paper towel and enough laundry and cleaning supplies for at least one year. Am I crazy or prepared, that's the question I must ask you
Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Well ummm... I have almost a year's worth of deodorant for my whole family, shampoo to last at least a year, at least 100 cans of soup and other canned goods, 50+ jars of jam, enough razors and shaving cream to last well into summer, a dozen tubes of toothpaste and new toothbrushes for every family member, 12 bags of cat food (we have one cat), a dozen boxes of cereal, 3 containers of ibuprofen, 2 cases of bottled water (will be more fairly soon), 5 massive packages of toilet paper, 6 6-roll packages of paper towel and enough laundry and cleaning supplies for at least one year. Am I crazy or prepared, that's the question I must ask you

Nope it just means you shop at CostCo. :3
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XilePrincess

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Well ummm... I have almost a year's worth of deodorant for my whole family, shampoo to last at least a year, at least 100 cans of soup and other canned goods, 50+ jars of jam, enough razors and shaving cream to last well into summer, a dozen tubes of toothpaste and new toothbrushes for every family member, 12 bags of cat food (we have one cat), a dozen boxes of cereal, 3 containers of ibuprofen, 2 cases of bottled water (will be more fairly soon), 5 massive packages of toilet paper, 6 6-roll packages of paper towel and enough laundry and cleaning supplies for at least one year. Am I crazy or prepared, that's the question I must ask youBreakTheseLinks
Nope it just means you shop at CostCo. :3

Not a single thing on that list was purchased at costco :) (GS is messing up my quotes again...)

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Well ummm... I have almost a year's worth of deodorant for my whole family, shampoo to last at least a year, at least 100 cans of soup and other canned goods, 50+ jars of jam, enough razors and shaving cream to last well into summer, a dozen tubes of toothpaste and new toothbrushes for every family member, 12 bags of cat food (we have one cat), a dozen boxes of cereal, 3 containers of ibuprofen, 2 cases of bottled water (will be more fairly soon), 5 massive packages of toilet paper, 6 6-roll packages of paper towel and enough laundry and cleaning supplies for at least one year. Am I crazy or prepared, that's the question I must ask youXilePrincess

You certainly are prepared. But that doesn't invalidate being crazy :P

ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ace-of-spades93
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Well ummm... I have almost a year's worth of deodorant for my whole family, shampoo to last at least a year, at least 100 cans of soup and other canned goods, 50+ jars of jam, enough razors and shaving cream to last well into summer, a dozen tubes of toothpaste and new toothbrushes for every family member, 12 bags of cat food (we have one cat), a dozen boxes of cereal, 3 containers of ibuprofen, 2 cases of bottled water (will be more fairly soon), 5 massive packages of toilet paper, 6 6-roll packages of paper towel and enough laundry and cleaning supplies for at least one year. Am I crazy or prepared, that's the question I must ask you

I hadn't thought of sanitary's :| I guess I would have been one smelly survivor.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
We(My dad&I) have a M14 rifle and two Gloc Handguns. And enough canned food to last a life time. Im looking to purchase another rifle proably an AR-15. Don't you just love american gun laws?
vTunes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vTunes
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts

You missed out on the crossbow. How are you going to defend yourself from the zombies?
brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

No, a paranoid person would be like the guy in "Blast from the Past". He made a bomb shelter and had enough food for 35 years or more.

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

Just don't start sleeping with the crossbow under your pillow i suppose.....

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XilePrincess
[QUOTE="vTunes"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Well ummm... I have almost a year's worth of deodorant for my whole family, shampoo to last at least a year, at least 100 cans of soup and other canned goods, 50+ jars of jam, enough razors and shaving cream to last well into summer, a dozen tubes of toothpaste and new toothbrushes for every family member, 12 bags of cat food (we have one cat), a dozen boxes of cereal, 3 containers of ibuprofen, 2 cases of bottled water (will be more fairly soon), 5 massive packages of toilet paper, 6 6-roll packages of paper towel and enough laundry and cleaning supplies for at least one year. Am I crazy or prepared, that's the question I must ask you

You missed out on the crossbow. How are you going to defend yourself from the zombies?

With my axe, and my sword. And if those fail, I'll fill a super soaker with hydrogen peroxide and sting them to death.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

No, it is not paranoid to plan for uncertainty.

Now, if you had years worth of stock and enough guns\bullets to take on the army; that would be a different matter.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

I'd never given it thought until a friend pointed it out, but I always have two months worth of dehydrated food, petrol, a crossbow and bottled water in the basement. Just in case the s*** hits the fan.

ace-of-spades93

Wow, you are living dangerously. Where is your Survival Seed Bank and reserve of gold coins? You should watch more Fox News. Are you aware that Obama is going to destroy the country?

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I think that's just being prepared I'll do the same thign once I get my own crib
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
If you get rid of the cross bow then you can just say you're stocking up in case a blizzard comes and locks you in
jon2jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jon2jon
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

no, i'd say that's just preparing for an emergency, just because most people don't doesn't mean it isn't a good habit

paranoia would be sleeping with hairspray and a lighter on the nightstand next to your bed

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

I hope your neighbor if any kind of catastrophe ever happened :lol:
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
What are you going to do with the crossbow?
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Given the number of natural disasters on the news as of late, plus examples of unexpected events leading to big problems (e.g. Ireland water shortage from broken pipes, after the cold weather), it makes sense to stock up on a few months of items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIVVL43qPXY

Ignoring that this video is of those who believe in upcoming hyper inflation, it provides a real life example of how quickly essential supplies can run out; because of a unpredictable accident. In this case a water pipe burst.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

ace-of-spades93

two months is not enough i have at least a years worth of crap in the basement.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

What are you going to do with the crossbow?Big_Bad_Sad
sure it's easy to laugh at the crossbow guy UNTIL THE VAMPIRES ATTACK!!!!

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

▲ Nah man, were all prepared for the Zombie apocolypse. This is OT your talking to. ▲

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#33 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

aransom

Hey, guns can fail. You never know. And besides, if you don't live in the states then yeah...

That isn't paranoia. Paranoia is when you go to bed every night with a minigun at your side because you think some ninja is going to jump into your window and demand all of your peanuts and butter. :lol:

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

It's both