Is this an accurate depiction of GameStop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

The most unrealistic part of this video?

The game isn't $60; it's $65 because you have to include tax. XD

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I had a GameStop guy try to lecture me about buying digital since I no longer buy my Xbox One games on disc but just digitally, the rewards of making a new purchase is just like penies. However, I've noticed that with every digital game I buy I save $5 not paying sales taxes on it. So, when I take into account the $5 in savings, minus the few cents in reward points, minus the $1 average the games will be worth several years from now, I come out ahead getting digital. **** GameStop.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I simply do not understand peoples problems with Gamestop. I've never had an issue walking into the store and buying a game. The complaints about them trying to sell you subscriptions or other merchandise at the counter are simply lame. That's their job, and you can respectively decline their offers and purchase games fast and easy.

The used game sale prices is also a dumb complaint. Yes, Gamestop gives you very little money for trade ins. However, that's true for every store. Gamestop is a place if you need to get rid of games quickly. People are obviously going to get more money selling their games on Ebay, but that takes way more time and has a much higher risk associated with it,.

The only legitimate complaint I agree with is Gamestops occasional bullshit of selling used games as new. That is not cool at all. However, most other complaints are completely petty and childish.