Is the country of England slowly being destroyed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 wurd
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts

England has always been a strange place to live. For the last 50 years the government have been cautious using the term England because of our neighbouring countries wales, scotland and n ireland... essentally together we are Great Britain and while it's always been acceptable to be patriotic if you're those 3 for the English it's less so. You will never hear a politician say he's english and proud too many times. This has never been a problem though but in the last 10 years there has been a massive rise in immigration and unrest from many parties who feel it's too much. These parties, some extreme right wing, but some also fair and responsible have adopted the English flag in their campaigns, fighting for England, stop immigration etc.

Now a recent poll has shown to many that flying the English flag is seen as racist and many minorities are complaining. I feel the country that is England is slowly being destroyed. You only need to switch on the television to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens, being white and english doesn't appeal to all viewers. Personally I feel that saying flying our own flag is racist is a direct attack on this country and who we are.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8787 Posts

The answer is yes. As is everything. Moohoohaha!

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

England is a country? Since when?

Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

We had a similar event happen in Australia when some minority groups complained about Aussies flying Aus flags on Aus Day!?!? The backlash was that in the last couple of years on Aus Day more people than ever fly the flag!! Just a case of people trying to be too politically correct and infringing on freedom of speech in the process. How can being patriotic in your own country be considered racist??

BTW: I agree with the Topic Creator!

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Aye, I hate how being patriotic in my own country is considered racist. It grinds my gears. Fully agree with the TC.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
Its the History of the Union Jack being with the National Front and the BNP. "There aint no black in the Union jack so....." This is why people view it as a racist flag. The British need to reclaim it from the racist so it as not seen as the flag for the racist. And i love that you think "elevision to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens" Does it bother you that the best person got the job that was not british? How about becoming a better person...
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

England has always been a strange place to live. For the last 50 years the government have been cautious using the term England because of our neighbouring countries wales, scotland and n ireland... essentally together we are Great Britain and while it's always been acceptable to be patriotic if you're those 3 for the English it's less so. You will never hear a politician say he's english and proud too many times. This has never been a problem though but in the last 10 years there has been a massive rise in immigration and unrest from many parties who feel it's too much. These parties, some extreme right wing, but some also fair and responsible have adopted the English flag in their campaigns, fighting for England, stop immigration etc.

Now a recent poll has shown to many that flying the English flag is seen as racist and many minorities are complaining. I feel the country that is England is slowly being destroyed. You only need to switch on the television to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens, being white and english doesn't appeal to all viewers. Personally I feel that saying flying our own flag is racist is a direct attack on this country and who we are.

wurd

Immigration is such a big problem and nobody seems to want to do anything about it! Which is why I've decided not to vote whatsoever, the three main parties are afraid. My party of choice is the BNP, they have some great policies when it comes to immigration.

ADF_Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ADF_Game
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

I don't think I have encountered this mentality where I live, not that I'd notice if people refrained from saying English.

Immigration is such a big problem and nobody seems to want to do anything about it! Which is why I've decided not to vote whatsoever, the three main parties are afraid. My party of choice is the BNP, they have some great policies when it comes to immigration.

MushroomWig

They are also bigots that would kick every none white and none "local" person out of the country if they had their way, it is daft to look to them for a decent immigration policy when there are other alternatives. UKIP is one of the few groups that have a none European dictated immigration policy; and they don't have a racist agenda.

rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts
[QUOTE="solidgamer"]Its the History of the Union Jack being with the National Front and the BNP. "There aint no black in the Union jack so....." This is why people view it as a racist flag. The British need to reclaim it from the racist so it as not seen as the flag for the racist. And i love that you think "elevision to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens" Does it bother you that the best person got the job that was not british? How about becoming a better person...

Wrong wrong wrong. The ENGLISH flag is something totally different. It's the St. Georges flag, White with a Red cross. And to the post who said is England a country, yes it is and has been for a very long time. I think that anyone who moans about our flags being flown should leave the country quite frankly. They are living under the flag, so I don't see issues with patriotism. Infact, I respect patriots. Anyone living in the UK will know Scots, Welsh and some N. Irish push for independance, and have nationalist parties in their Assemblies and are respected for it. Yet, and English man cannot. For that reason, plus many more political reasons I do not want to go into for fear of writing an Essay. I as a Englishman would say it is being destroyed.
Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
Flying the English flag reminds me of the days of the NF, and yes, teh Britain has changed:cry:
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

Sounds complex. I would think when you immigrate to a country you would salute to the flag of the host country.

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts

ive never seen the english flag being portrayed as an act of racism >.< . . .

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

Would you like some tea and digestives while you read your Daily Mail TC? :P

But I, like many people who live in England and other countries where similar things occur, resent having my own liberties hindered somewhat by the supposed opinions of other cultures. The worst part is that any of the immigrants I meet would not be offended by any of us flying a flag anyway, they have false opinions forced on them, in the same way that our comments on immigration issues somehow automatically become 'racist'. The whole thing's a right mess. I will say, though, I believe that 'pandering' to social differences under the term of multiculturalism only encourages misunderstanding and racism.

On a political note I would be personally be very reluctant to vote for the BNP, especially regarding immigration, the English Democrats would be my choice for a small party vote. I still don't know who I *will* vote for.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

MushroomWig

I don't know when England was established but it is a country.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
A flag's a cloured piece of fabric. All sorts of atrocities have been commited against other country's citizens under the name of nationalism. When a flag comes into conflict with the values I believe in, I'm going to trust in my own opinions over whatever's been scrawled on the reverse of a coloured banner.
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

Nifty_Shark

I don't know when England was established but it is a country.

'England' has existed as a country or kingdom under the rule of monarchy when Anglo Saxon King Offa seized the throne after a civil war and took power from many 'lesser kings'. He was the first king of Angle-land or England. That was in 757AD.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
What? No.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 solidgamer
[QUOTE="rastaman219"][QUOTE="solidgamer"]Its the History of the Union Jack being with the National Front and the BNP. "There aint no black in the Union jack so....." This is why people view it as a racist flag. The British need to reclaim it from the racist so it as not seen as the flag for the racist. And i love that you think "elevision to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens" Does it bother you that the best person got the job that was not british? How about becoming a better person...

Wrong wrong wrong. The ENGLISH flag is something totally different. It's the St. Georges flag, White with a Red cross. And to the post who said is England a country, yes it is and has been for a very long time. I think that anyone who moans about our flags being flown should leave the country quite frankly. They are living under the flag, so I don't see issues with patriotism. Infact, I respect patriots. Anyone living in the UK will know Scots, Welsh and some N. Irish push for independance, and have nationalist parties in their Assemblies and are respected for it. Yet, and English man cannot. For that reason, plus many more political reasons I do not want to go into for fear of writing an Essay. I as a Englishman would say it is being destroyed.

I clearly stated the Union jack. is what the people have a problem with not the English flag. seems you lack Identity if you think that immigration can destroy it.
wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wurd
[QUOTE="solidgamer"]Its the History of the Union Jack being with the National Front and the BNP. "There aint no black in the Union jack so....." This is why people view it as a racist flag. The British need to reclaim it from the racist so it as not seen as the flag for the racist. And i love that you think "elevision to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens" Does it bother you that the best person got the job that was not british? How about becoming a better person...

Yes as mentioned the union jack and the st george (english) flag are two different things but they have adopted the english flag now rather than the union jack now that the other countries have opted for their own assemblies.
wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wurd
[QUOTE="solidgamer"][QUOTE="rastaman219"][QUOTE="solidgamer"]Its the History of the Union Jack being with the National Front and the BNP. "There aint no black in the Union jack so....." This is why people view it as a racist flag. The British need to reclaim it from the racist so it as not seen as the flag for the racist. And i love that you think "elevision to find a massive over representation of welsh, scottish, irish, black and asian on our screens" Does it bother you that the best person got the job that was not british? How about becoming a better person...

I clearly stated the Union jack. is what the people have a problem with not the English flag. seems you lack Identity if you think that immigration can destroy it.

No people have a problem with the english flag. In polls around scotland, england and wales many people thought flying the flag indicated a racist tendency. The union jack isn't flown so much these days.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
I think we need to win the world cup, that would make us patriotic again.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 solidgamer
[QUOTE="wurd"][QUOTE="solidgamer"][QUOTE="rastaman219"] Wrong wrong wrong. The ENGLISH flag is something totally different. It's the St. Georges flag, White with a Red cross. And to the post who said is England a country, yes it is and has been for a very long time. I think that anyone who moans about our flags being flown should leave the country quite frankly. They are living under the flag, so I don't see issues with patriotism. Infact, I respect patriots. Anyone living in the UK will know Scots, Welsh and some N. Irish push for independance, and have nationalist parties in their Assemblies and are respected for it. Yet, and English man cannot. For that reason, plus many more political reasons I do not want to go into for fear of writing an Essay. I as a Englishman would say it is being destroyed.

No people have a problem with the english flag. In polls around scotland, england and wales many people thought flying the flag indicated a racist tendency. The union jack isn't flown so much these days.

There is nothing racist about flying the flag of your country it just shows your proud of where you come from, The problem is though that in some cases the people flying the are racist and are forcing that the idea that Patriotic = racism. When they are clearly not you can be a patriotic brit and not be racist.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I fly the St Georges flag from my window and if anyone complains, I will tell them to go f*** themselves!

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Meh, I'd rather we just went ahead and made the UK the only country. England is still the dominating force, anyway.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

not till the last beatle died :D

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

We had a similar event happen in Australia when some minority groups complained about Aussies flying Aus flags on Aus Day!?!? The backlash was that in the last couple of years on Aus Day more people than ever fly the flag!! Just a case of people trying to be too politically correct and infringing on freedom of speech in the process. How can being patriotic in your own country be considered racist??

Krystyan68

There are people living in Australia who find it offensive when the Australian flag is shown off on Australia Day? That is ludicrous and offensive in its own right.

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

When they get whooped on by the U.S.A. in the world cup then yes.:lol:

Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

[QUOTE="Krystyan68"]

Hexagon_777

There are people living in Australia who find it offensive when the Australian flag is shown off on Australia Day? That is ludicrous and offensive in its own right.

I think it was a case of a vocal minority, and it happened a few years ago now. The media may have played it up a bit too, but since then I've never seen so many Aus flags being flown, from cars to workplaces to schools!! Lol!! :lol:

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I wouldn't know. I don't know very much about England at all.

SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

Where is this poll my friend? Do you have a link?

Avatar image for moonlightcharm6
moonlightcharm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 moonlightcharm6
Member since 2009 • 1581 Posts
:o wow i never know all this was happen. well hope everything in the near future figure itself out for your country.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Very weird. Here in Canada, the minorities are almost the majority, and there's Canadian flags everywhere. You'll see a dude wearing a turban and waving a Canadian flag. For foreigners to come to a country and then call out the locals for waving their country's flag, seems ridiculous. There's been a lot in the news about racial tension in Europe lately. I'm of the opinion that if you're going to immigrate to another country to take advantage of their higher quality of life, you need to show respect or go live somewhere else if you're unhappy.
TheProdigyIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 TheProdigyIV
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts

When they get whooped on by the U.S.A. in the world cup then yes.:lol:

kidsmelly
You're drunk
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

A relative of mine called my dad a fascist because he had a American flag by the window. It really doesn't make any sense.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="Krystyan68"]We had a similar event happen in Australia when some minority groups complained about Aussies flying Aus flags on Aus Day!?!? The backlash was that in the last couple of years on Aus Day more people than ever fly the flag!! Just a case of people trying to be too politically correct and infringing on freedom of speech in the process. How can being patriotic in your own country be considered racist??

BTW: I agree with the Topic Creator!Krystyan68

I think it was a case of a vocal minority, and it happened a few years ago now. The media may have played it up a bit too, but since then I've never seen so many Aus flags being flown, from cars to workplaces to schools!! Lol!! :lol:

It's good that Australians are sticking together. It sucks to see people come to your country to settle down only to complain about everything and then play the race card and what not. Many abuse it.

yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts

FACT: 1984, Brave New World and A Clockwork Orange are dystopian novels that take place IN ENGLAND! Coincidence, or warning of things to come?