Is one born g@y or does one choose to be g@y?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boostinsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Boostinsane
Member since 2003 • 3425 Posts
i actually use to genuinely like girls until about the middle of my sophomore year high school; so i think it's a choice. i understand why some people think they are born homosexual. i might of been and just haven't really noticed. i don't know. what do you guys think?
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
Not this kid again...Nothing to see here people move along
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
I don't know if someone is born gay but I'm 110% sure it isn't a choice.
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
I chose to like motorcycles....... it didn't work :(
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

I don't know if someone is born gay but I'm 110% sure it isn't a choice. Dark_Knight6

That's pretty much my answer.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

Not this kid again...Nothing to see here people move alongblazinpuertoroc

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16048 Posts

It's something to do with hormones most likely, which means it isn't a choice. Gays were treated horribly in some eras; you think someone would choose to be gay even when they knew that they would have their head cut off?

If they could've chosen to be straight then you can bet your ass that they would've chosen to not be gay and that brings me back to my initial point-- it isn't a matter of choice.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Born gay
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
I don't know about being born gay or not, but I don't think it's a choice.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I believe it's biologically determined before the person is even born.
GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts

I'm pretty sure its a choice. But some people don't really notice until after a drunk night. That happened to one of my sisters friends, be everyone saw it comin except him.

But, kinda like how taste buds differ from person to person, I guess different places feel better person to person.

I dunno, I've never had any homosexual tendencies. But I still think its a choice.

TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheFlameProof
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts
Born gay btaylor2404
this.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Neither; one look at my sexiness causes men to become gay
Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts
No idea - maybe they choose to be born gay
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark_Knight6

I'm pretty sure its a choice. But some people don't really notice until after a drunk night. That happened to one of my sisters friends, be everyone saw it comin except him.

But, kinda like how taste buds differ from person to person, I guess different places feel better person to person.

I dunno, I've never had any homosexual tendencies. But I still think its a choice.

GTA_dude

My question is, why would someone want to be ridiculed and even hated if they could just be hetero and have none of those issues?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Couldn't tell you... I'd imagine it's not so much a choice as it is a realization...
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts

[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]Not this kid again...Nothing to see here people move alongBlood-Scribe

:lol: perfectly suited.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Both. I don't think many people choose to be gay of course, but I believe there are some that do.

Fad homosexuality is weird.

battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 battousai188
Member since 2004 • 2075 Posts
I think most people that are gay are born gay I saw on the discovery channel some months ago that there is a gene in homosexuals that isn't found in hetero-sexual that orients the chemical attraction towards same sex.. But I also believe that heavy femanine outside influences can sway someones sexual preferance to homosexual at a young age.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I'm really not sure...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
Your not born gay i think it's determined by the way you grow up.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts
I don't feel you can be born with a sexual preference, so I think it's a choice.
battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 battousai188

Your not born gay i think it's determined by the way you grow up.123625

To some extent I think your right, but my 16 year old cousin is gay and ever since he was like 2 or 3 he only played with girl toys, and said he liked kissing boys when he was like 4 or 5 and every birthday he got a pink heart shaped cake and would only hang out with girls and always talked like a sterotypical gay person.. At 16 he dresses really metro-sexual get manacures (pardon spelling) and all that girly stuff.. Im pretty sure he was born gay And considering his dad is big into hunting, sports and typical heterosexual male activities and his mom was just a typical mom that didn't push femanine tendancies on him either.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GTA_dude
[QUOTE="GTA_dude"]

Dark_Knight6

My question is, why would someone want to be ridiculed and even hated if they could just be hetero and have none of those issues?

I dunno, because they arn't happy? They liked being gay more?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

[QUOTE="123625"]Your not born gay i think it's determined by the way you grow up.battousai188

To some extent I think your right, but my 16 year old cousin is gay and ever since he was like 2 or 3 he only played with girl toys, and said he liked kissing boys when he was like 4 or 5 and every birthday he got a pink heart shaped cake and would only hang out with girls and always talked like a sterotypical gay person.. At 16 he dresses really metro-sexual get manacures (pardon spelling) and all that girly stuff.. Im pretty sure he was born gay And considering his dad is big into hunting, sports and typical heterosexual male activities and his mom was just a typical mom that didn't push femanine tendancies on him either.

Life is random.
Vanadium2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vanadium2k8
Member since 2008 • 1605 Posts
If it was a choice, who the hell would choose to be homosexual and go through all that discrimination when you can switch at the snap of a finger?
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts

Although I am pretty sure that people don't choose to be gay I do believe that specific environments and living conditions can distort the sexuality of a child as he/she grows up.

For example, a friend of mine is a lesbian. Unlike the rest of my heterosexual friends, she had a traumatic incident earlier in her life (age 6) where her 8 year older step cousin raped her. She was really depressed about it and started to segregate herself away from any males, including her own father. This, from what I believe, could've caused her sexuality to mature differently from the other girls around her.

This is just a hypothesis of mine, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 battousai188
[QUOTE="battousai188"]

[QUOTE="123625"]Your not born gay i think it's determined by the way you grow up.123625

Life is random.

Yeah, but I really think many people who are gay are born that way... So many testamonials from gay people say they have always felt attractions to the same sex since they could remember and always felt different than normal people.. Also in a previous post I mentioned a show on the discovery channel that scientists found in many gay people a fluke in their geneology that caused a chemical attractiveness to the same sex. Because all sexs on a sub-concious level sense chemical pheramones that make us attracted to the opposite sex and gay peoples pheromone distiction is different that causes them to go for the same sex.

VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts
I believe It's a choice heavily influenced by hormones but still a choice.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dark_Knight6

I dunno, because they arn't happy? They liked being gay more? GTA_dude

Well, I was happy before I had sexual attractions towards other men and was unhappy when I started having them. So, I'm pretty sure I didn't choose to have them.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GTA_dude

[QUOTE="GTA_dude"]I dunno, because they arn't happy? They liked being gay more? Dark_Knight6

Well, I was happy before I had sexual attractions towards other men and was unhappy when I started having them. So, I'm pretty sure I didn't choose to have them.

Subconsciously you were happier.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

she had a traumatic incident earlier in her life (age 6) where her 8 year older step cousin raped her.

-Jiggles-

Holy crap, how the hell does that even happen?

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dark_Knight6

Subconsciously you were happier.GTA_dude

Well, I recall being pretty much just completely miserable, to be honest.

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Jiggles-
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

she had a traumatic incident earlier in her life (age 6) where her 8 year older step cousin raped her.

aliblabla2007

He was 8 years older than her, meaning he was about 14 years old. He told her that he was "playing a game" with her, but it was really sexual intercourse. Sad that somebody would prey off the innocence of a child...

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

-Jiggles-

He was 8 years older than her, meaning he was about 14 years old. He told her that he was "playing a game" with her, but it was really sexual intercourse. Sad that somebody would prey off the innocence of a child...

That's ****ed up. Did the parents find out?
GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GTA_dude

[QUOTE="GTA_dude"]Subconsciously you were happier.Dark_Knight6

Well, I recall being pretty much just completely miserable, to be honest.

Everything happens for a reason. But really, how could you not control having attractions to certain people? I mean, if I'm upset, I usually am just not in the mood and find no one attractive :|
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dark_Knight6

Everything happens for a reason. But really, how could you not control having attractions to certain people? I mean, if I'm upset, I usually am just not in the mood and find no one attractive :|GTA_dude

I don't look at other guys and say "I want to find you attractive," it just happens. And what you're describing doesn't sound like any form of control, to me.

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Jiggles-
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"][QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

needled24-7

That's ****ed up. Did the parents find out?

She never told them. At the time, she didn't realize that she was actually being raped, so she thought little of it. When she reached her early teenage years, she became very depressed and even attempted suicide a few times before. All the while, though, she never told her parents because she thought they either wouldn't believe her or would've blamed her for it anyways.

It's a harsh reality, but she's better now at least.

Da-Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Da-Empire
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
not to be mean or anything but is this site called GameSpot Or GaySpot:question:
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Jiggles-

not to be mean or anything but is this site called GameSpot Or GaySpot:question:Da-Empire

You're new here, so it doesn't surprise me that you find a thread on homosexuality here to be unusual.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dark_Knight6

not to be mean or anything but is this site called GameSpot Or GaySpot:question:Da-Empire

Well, it says "Gamespot" real big on the upper left corner of the page, so that should answer that.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="Da-Empire"]not to be mean or anything but is this site called GameSpot Or GaySpot:question:-Jiggles-

You're new here, so it doesn't surprise me that you find a thread on homosexuality here to be unusual.

Yup, the week isn't complete for OT without a homosexuality thread, an evolution thread, a christianity vs atheism thread, and a YLYL thread.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GTA_dude

[QUOTE="GTA_dude"]Everything happens for a reason. But really, how could you not control having attractions to certain people? I mean, if I'm upset, I usually am just not in the mood and find no one attractive :|Dark_Knight6

I don't look at other guys and say "I want to find you attractive," it just happens. And what you're describing doesn't sound like any form of control, to me.

I just think subconsciously you are happier. I dunno, I've never been attracted to a male before. I've only found girls attractive, so I dont really know what it's like for you, or how it feels to try and redirect your feelings. But obviously, if your attracted to someone, they make you "happy". But there has been certain girls that I didn't really find attractive, but I have made myself like them through the power of association. But, on this note, although I've never found guys to be attractive, I have been turned on by other things other then girls. I've grown up in the garage, working on cars my entire life. So, if I find a fast car, or the feeling of speed, or the sound of an engine all act as an aphrodisiac, and kinda turn me on. Which is why I drive the way I drive. So this goes off the theory it could be related to how you were raised. Just look at some farmers who molest the sheep..... Did you have anything in your past that could inhibit this?
dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

I don't know if someone is born gay but I'm 110% sure it isn't a choice. Dark_Knight6
Intelligence? On my OT? It's not as likely as you think.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I've tried to choose to be gay but I find homosexual relationships extraordinarily unappealing and somewhat disgusting (from a personal perspective, that is, seeing myself participating in one). I was born heterosexual and will remain a heterosexual, no matter how much I try to will myself to be homosexual, I will remain biologically heterosexual.

Homosexuality is as much a choice as your natural skin, eye or hair colour.
UNI3OM3ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 UNI3OM3ER
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts
born gay no doubt about it.... not that theres anything wrong with that
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
I am 200% sure it is not a choice. I did not choose to be bisexual; and no one else chose to be straight or gay Simple as that.
Da-Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Da-Empire

[QUOTE="Da-Empire"]not to be mean or anything but is this site called GameSpot Or GaySpot:question:-Jiggles-

as new as vinger

Da-Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Da-Empire

[QUOTE="Da-Empire"]not to be mean or anything but is this site called GameSpot Or GaySpot:question:Dark_Knight6

Well, it says "Gamespot" real big on the upper left corner of the page, so that should answer that.

Your One Smart..........