I'm 20 and I'm getting paranoid about my age.

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Devour2Survive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Devour2Survive
Member since 2008 • 782 Posts
So I'm 20 and I will be turning 21 in about 4 months...and already I'm getting paranoid about being old. I feel like from now on until I'm too old to care how old I am...I'm gonna be paranoid and start going crazy. I remember I used to be 16 not too long ago and now...I'm almost 21? Where did the time go? I want it back. I think I need help because sometimes I lose a lot of sleep because I can't stop thinking about my age. Those of you who are 14-16 even 17...please have the best time you can possibly have, because soon you will be a almost 21 year old...old fart just like me. I WANT TO BE A TEEN AGAIN DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNIT WHY!?
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
What's gonna happen when you're 70? :|
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
i'm already like that and i'm 19
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Yeah, I'm only 14 and I'm like "5 more of my current lifetimes and I'm gone".
Devour2Survive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Devour2Survive
What's gonna happen when you're 70? :|Maniacc1
Like I said, I'll be too old to care. I think when I'm 60, it will start dying down.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
I feel ya,sucks to get older.. some things are positive about it..but work,pay bills..sometimes broke out of money..those things make me feel that being an adult sucks so much..
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts
I lol'd.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
[QUOTE="Maniacc1"]What's gonna happen when you're 70? :|Devour2Survive
Like I said, I'll be too old to care. I think when I'm 60, it will start dying down.

Ah ok. But don't you think 21 is still young? I mean you still got a lot of years ahead right?
peicher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peicher
Member since 2002 • 18945 Posts
I'm kinda feeling the same way lately. Time just keeps passing faster and faster, I miss the teenage days of having not a care in the world.
Gumprecht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gumprecht
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

Yeah, I'm only 14 and I'm like "5 more of my current lifetimes and I'm gone".aliblabla2007

I was so totally thinking this about a month ago.

Devour2Survive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Devour2Survive
[QUOTE="Devour2Survive"][QUOTE="Maniacc1"]What's gonna happen when you're 70? :|Maniacc1

Ah ok. But don't you think 21 is still young? I mean you still got a lot of years ahead right?

On one hand, I do think it's still young...on the other...I have so much responsibilities and so much to do that I don't have time to just, you know...live. If I don't spend the next 10 years going out to parties and having a blast, I know I will regret.
laser-pointer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 laser-pointer
Member since 2008 • 584 Posts
I'm 16 and I'm having the best time of my life so far.8)
Devour2Survive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Devour2Survive
I'm 16 and I'm having the best time of my life so far.8)laser-pointer
Dude, I want to be forever young. You know what, I'm going to try to make a potion that will keep me young forever, and I will selfishly hold it for me forever.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Stop worrying about it and go out and enjoy being young while it lasts. Instead of worrying the whole time and regret doing nothing.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Freeze yourself just like Mel Gibson and you forever will be young.
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamah_killah
Member since 2006 • 13020 Posts
Hey, at least now you're eligible to go to club parties ;)
GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
Yep. I'm also 20, and I know what your thinking.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
You're just creating unnecessary stress for yourself.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#20 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Uh... you will not survive a mid-life crisis.... :|
-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
heres the thing about being 20, you are no longer a teenager, you can't be stupid or irrational or uneducated because thats unacceptable as a young adult. mistakes or accidents will no longer be laughed at but judged harshly with relentless criticism, because you are now an adult and should know better. your best years (high school) are no more, your friends and everyone you knew are fading away into your memories, contact is no longer being made, or a lot less frequently. you will either start working or go to college. girls your age have much higher standards because they have grown more mature, they are now used to being hit on and are wise to some guys. girls in high school are dumb naive, hungry and eager. now u need to be articulate and or intelligent or have a six pack and biceps. the girls who u can get are now minors and its illegal to do that, 10 years worth. ITS BULL**** i know where your at man. and im only 21 and this is what ive learned so far. take care of yourself, because these days are very likely the rest of your life.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts
Well I'm 22, and yeahI feel old too. I don't necessarily want to go back to being 16, but it does seem like that time did go by fast.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
I'm 23 and I can tell you right now that you'd better get used to it and make peace with yourself, 'cause you're not getting any younger. :P
peicher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 peicher

heres the thing about being 20, you are no longer a teenager, you can't be stupid or irrational or uneducated because thats unacceptable as a young adult. mistakes or accidents will no longer be laughed at but judged harshly with relentless criticism, because you are now an adult and should know better. your best years (high school) are no more, your friends and everyone you knew are fading away into your memories, contact is no longer being made, or a lot less frequently. you will either start working or go to college. girls your age have much higher standards because they have grown more mature, they are now used to being hit on and are wise to some guys. girls in high school are dumb naive, hungry and eager. now u need to be articulate and or intelligent or have a six pack and biceps. the girls who u can get are now minors and its illegal to do that, 10 years worth. ITS BULL**** i know where your at man. and im only 21 and this is what ive learned so far. take care of yourself, because these days are very likely the rest of your life.-theCHUD-

Wow...BINGO. Describes my life and they way i've been feeling exactly. I just feel like the life I knew is slipping away from me so quickly and there is absolutely nothing I can do to get ahold of it. It's so hard to accept the fact that things will never, ever be they way they were, ever again. In many ways life will be better, but I fear that those postives will be far outweighed by the longing for what I once had. We'll see.

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cyberdarkkid
I'm 23 and I can tell you right now that you'd better get used to it and make peace with yourself, 'cause you're not getting any younger. :PGabuEx
lol I always thought all the mods were on their 50s or something :P
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamah_killah
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]I'm 23 and I can tell you right now that you'd better get used to it and make peace with yourself, 'cause you're not getting any younger. :Pcyberdarkkid

Is it because they seem so mature? :P
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
Yeah, it's a bummer. I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was around 19, I already started feeling old and now I'm 21, nearing 22. It sucks and just reminds you that your old and just going to keep getting older. Everything is going down hill from here.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]I'm 23 and I can tell you right now that you'd better get used to it and make peace with yourself, 'cause you're not getting any younger. :Pgamah_killah

Is it because they seem so mature? :P

There you go :D
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamah_killah
Reading the posts from you adults really motivates me to have the best life I can get as I age through high school.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GabuEx

Reading the posts from you adults really motivates me to have the best life I can get as I age through high school.gamah_killah

Oh, it's not so bad. It's just that it takes a while to get used to, and isn't what we had before, and given that humans are very much habit-bound creatures... that tends to run into trouble.

Snake_raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snake_raider
Member since 2008 • 579 Posts
im 14 and i have the same problem
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamah_killah

[QUOTE="gamah_killah"]Reading the posts from you adults really motivates me to have the best life I can get as I age through high school.GabuEx

Oh, it's not so bad. It's just that it takes a while to get used to, and isn't what we had before, and given that humans are very much habit-bound creatures... that tends to run into trouble.

I see. So I guess it's part of growing up.. mentally :)
peicher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 peicher

Reading the posts from you adults really motivates me to have the best life I can get as I age through high school.gamah_killah

Glad to hear it. There are so many things I wish I did differently throughout my high school years. I had a good time, definitely, but I definitely squandered a lot of my potential. I know a lot of the time it sucks, but try to appreciate it as best you can, cause it really can be a fantastic time of your life. And absolutely hang on to your friendships once you all part ways for college, you realize how much those people mean to you once you aren't with them each and every day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

Ok then.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
People on GS have some of the most ridiculous issues. You must have a really easy life if turning 21 gets you this worked up :? Im more concerned about bills and work and all that jazz to care about my age.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Snap out of it. Don't be a pansy, there's nothing wrong with growing older, you just have to learn to be more responsible.
NumCha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NumCha
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

I know what you mean, Im 16 about to start year 11, and still feel like the life ive come to know is ending. OMG responsibility Sucks.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GabuEx

I see. So I guess it's part of growing up.. mentally :)gamah_killah

Pretty much. I can tell you that certain people in this thread are a little, er, cynical, and may not be providing a completely faithful description of the process. :P

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
your best years (high school) are no more, -theCHUD-
Oh God, those were my best years? Are you sure? I think i'm already enjoying college more...
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamah_killah

[QUOTE="gamah_killah"]Reading the posts from you adults really motivates me to have the best life I can get as I age through high school.peicher

Glad to hear it. There are so many things I wish I did differently throughout my high school years. I had a good time, definitely, but I definitely squandered a lot of my potential. I know a lot of the time it sucks, but try to appreciate it as best you can, cause it really can be a fantastic time of your life. And absolutely hang on to your friendships once you all part ways for college, you realize how much those people mean to you once you aren't with them each and every day.

Yea, this year I started realizing that every year that I gain new friendship and fade away from old ones, and grow stronger with fewer older ones. They really mean a lot to me and that's why I'm scared of graduating because we all just might end up as regular "friendly" classmates and never see each other again. I'm doing my best; joining sports, clubs, etc.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I'm 18 and feeling the exact same thing, but you know what keeps you going? Your goals for life. Plan on achieving something great before you get too old.
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamah_killah

[QUOTE="gamah_killah"]I see. So I guess it's part of growing up.. mentally :)GabuEx

Pretty much. I can tell you that certain people in this thread are a little, er, cynical, and may not be providing a completely faithful description of the process. :P

I see whatchu mean, lol.
RmanForLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RmanForLife
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
So I'm 20 and I will be turning 21 in about 4 months...and already I'm getting paranoid about being old. I feel like from now on until I'm too old to care how old I am...I'm gonna be paranoid and start going crazy. I remember I used to be 16 not too long ago and now...I'm almost 21? Where did the time go? I want it back. I think I need help because sometimes I lose a lot of sleep because I can't stop thinking about my age. Those of you who are 14-16 even 17...please have the best time you can possibly have, because soon you will be a almost 21 year old...old fart just like me. I WANT TO BE A TEEN AGAIN DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNIT WHY!? Devour2Survive
QFT. I'm 18 and I remember being 15 during my Sophomore year... I completely agree with what your saying.
KLAX42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KLAX42
Member since 2008 • 3368 Posts

[ QFT. I'm 18 and I remember being 15 during my Sophomore year... I completely agree with what your saying. RmanForLife

I'm 15 in my sophomore year :o

What should I do?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Welcome to the real world. Enjoy it while it lasts because before you know it you'll be 70.
SmokinJoe604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SmokinJoe604
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
lol I'm twenty also, but I could care less. I just enjoy life one day at a time ;)
dlindenb2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -11

#49 dlindenb2000
Member since 2005 • 4750 Posts
Congrats, you finished the tutorial. Now the real game starts, hope you remember everything.
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
There's nothing wrong with getting older if you don't mind doing your needs through a tube.