I'm surprised there's no thread on Rob Ford

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

How jelly are you OT of our mayor?

The pussy eating quote is probably my favourite thing ever.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

What

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dave123321

Some Canadian thing I guess

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dave123321

Oh oh oh I think I heard about him on ferguson

We need more responses like his from those like him

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24947207

Link since the tc assumes we would know what he was talking about already without research

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Don't need to make a thread for laughing at the guy. He gets enough of that at home.

CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts

He's gold, Jerry. GOLD!

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Did you guys see the vid where he threw a fit and said he'd kill someone? :D

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

He should resign.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

hey, his approval rating went up after the crack induced rage vid went public.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

This is why there's no thread on Rob Ford.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Saw him on a few episodes of The Daily Show. Guy's a straight up G.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

I didn't even know what was happening until my Sociology Professor mentioned him....and I'm Canadian.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

This is major news in Canada.

And the show gets better by the day.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im from Toronto. Ever since he was appointed major, I knew there was something "off" about him.

He says some funny shit though.

NO I have not smoked crack cocaine......... Yes I have smoked crack cocaine. But I was drunk lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

There is a pic with him and Drake and SNL did a skit on him, he must be an important tool

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I am seeing stuff about this almost every day here in the Atlanta area. I think it is funny that the shoe is on the other foot and that Canada is having such a big scandal for one of it's largest cities. Still, I would guess that the Americans on this forum are pretty jaded due to all the political scandals that we have and to us, it's just another one that will seemingly get swept under the rug. Personally, I think it great that the country many say the US should be like is no better than the US. That the people appointed him instead of electing him makes it even funnier due to there being no apparent recourse to get him out of office unlike here in the US.

BrazilianFunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 BrazilianFunny
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Wtf i dont understand this topic .

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

There's one now because you made one

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WhiteKnight77

@brazilianfunny said:

Wtf i dont understand this topic .

There is a long history of political threads on this forum. Most are about US politics and how there is so much to dislike about US politicians and how they act. This is about a Canadian politician by a Canadian who typically likes to bash the US for not being more like Canada. That it wasn't someone from the US that made this post is a bit odd, but at least the OP did though I had considered doing so myself. he just beat me to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@WhiteKnight77 said:

I am seeing stuff about this almost every day here in the Atlanta area. I think it is funny that the shoe is on the other foot and that Canada is having such a big scandal for one of it's largest cities. Still, I would guess that the Americans on this forum are pretty jaded due to all the political scandals that we have and to us, it's just another one that will seemingly get swept under the rug. Personally, I think it great that the country many say the US should be like is no better than the US. That the people appointed him instead of electing him makes it even funnier due to there being no apparent recourse to get him out of office unlike here in the US.

lolololol lets not get ahead of ourselves here

This thread was made as a joke so everyone can poke fun at Ford's hilarity. No need to bring your butt hurt in here from me poking fun at the US. Unlike you I can take jokes about my country and regularly make jokes about it. Relax.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteKnight77

@Aljosa23 said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

This thread was made as a joke so everyone can poke fun at Ford's hilarity. No need to bring your butt hurt in here from me poking fun at the US. Relax.

Actually, yeah it is the truth. We here in the US do not lose our car or 5 digit fines for speeding (though failing to stop can bring other consequences) as Canadians do. in that regard, Canada is worse than the US.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@WhiteKnight77 said:

5 digit fines for speeding

Where in Canada does this happen?

And really, what is wrong with impounding the car of someone going grossly faster than the recommended maximum?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

This thread was made as a joke so everyone can poke fun at Ford's hilarity. No need to bring your butt hurt in here from me poking fun at the US. Relax.

Actually, yeah it is the truth. We here in the US do not lose our car or 5 digit fines for speeding (though failing to stop can bring other consequences) as Canadians do. in that regard, Canada is worse than the US.

So what you're saying is Canada is safer since maniacs on the road aren't allowed to speed? Cool!

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

He is awesome. Lets face it: municipal politics is lame and uninteresting at the best of times. But this, this is pure entertainment gold. It does not get better than this.

I'd say it's 50/50 that one day we find out he and his brother concocted this plan to troll us years ago. Hey, I'll get elected and then do the craziest shit possible. Then we will make a movie and cash in. Either that or it is already a 'reality' show and we just don't know it yet.

Either way it is awesome entertainment.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

lol at WhiteKnight77 bringing his usual "'Murica .vs. Canada" nonsense in this thread.

Grow up, WhiteKnight.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dave123321

Yeah, stop shitting up the thread with your nonsense.

Which wouldn't be an issue if you actually were just fucking around and not being serious. Which I like to do.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deeliman

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

How is that a bad thing?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WhiteKnight77

@foxhound_fox said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

And really, what is wrong with impounding the car of someone going grossly faster than the recommended maximum?

Albertan gets $12,000 fine for speeding and Canadian Cops Arrested 2 Motorcyclists After Finding Video Proof Of Their Wild Driving [VIDEO] are just two stories of it happening in Canada. Even here in Georgia, while there is a super speeder fine of $200 above the normal fine (maybe 4 digits if one is lucky) they do not impound cars of speeders if they stop (continuing to run is a felony and thus one is subject to losing their vehicle, if it isn't wrecked that is) when the cops pull up behind them with lights and sirens. I have lived coast to coast and border to border and I do not know of one jurisdiction in the US that takes someone's vehicle due to them speeding over 100MPH.

As it is, no one in the States is allowed to speed either, but just like in Canada, people speed though in Canada, you are likely to get the speeding ticket in the mail due to speed cameras.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jimn_tonic

@WhiteKnight77 said:

As it is, no one in the States is allowed to speed either, but just like in Canada, people speed though in Canada, you are likely to get the speeding ticket in the mail due to speed cameras.

they stopped doing that, at least in my province.

speed limits are also a bit lower in Canada than they are in the U.S., and we have a public health system, so it makes sense to have strong preventative measures for speeding.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deeliman

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

Albertan gets $12,000 fine for speeding and Canadian Cops Arrested 2 Motorcyclists After Finding Video Proof Of Their Wild Driving [VIDEO] are just two stories of it happening in Canada. Even here in Georgia, while there is a super speeder fine of $200 above the normal fine (maybe 4 digits if one is lucky) they do not impound cars of speeders if they stop (continuing to run is a felony and thus one is subject to losing their vehicle, if it isn't wrecked that is) when the cops pull up behind them with lights and sirens. I have lived coast to coast and border to border and I do not know of one jurisdiction in the US that takes someone's vehicle due to them speeding over 100MPH.

How is it a bad thing to fine someone for going 263 fucking km per hour? That's insanely dangerous.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@deeliman said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

How is it a bad thing to fine someone for going 263 fucking km per hour? That's insanely dangerous.

Just different sensibilities I guess

I've done 140 in a 65, people sometimes do wild and crazy things.

Such is the spice of life.

I don't need a bunch of Safety-Nazis in office checking every little thing everybody does to make sure we're all safe, if nobody got hurt then leave it alone.

Safety vs Freedom

The idea that "the people" are not the govt's property, to be coddled and "kept safe."

Canadians do want to be kept super-safe.

Americans are more lenient about safety and can accept a little more dangerous society in exchange for feeling alot less "watched" all the time.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deeliman

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@deeliman said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

I don't need a bunch of Safety-Nazis in office checking every little thing everybody does to make sure we're all safe, if nobody got hurt then leave it alone.

Safety vs Freedom

The idea that "the people" are not the govt's property, to be coddled and "kept safe."

Americans are more lenient about safety and can accept a little more dangerous society in exchange for feeling alot less "watched" all the time.

You're a moron.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jimn_tonic

@ZombieKiller7: lol biometric databases at airports, phone and e-mail metadata, martial law implemented during manhunts... you're watched just as much as anyone else. quit fooling yourself, son.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@deeliman said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

Safety vs Freedom

LOL

How about dat NSA?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZombieKiller7

@deeliman said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

You're a moron.

Up yours too bitch.

@Jimn_tonic said:

@ZombieKiller7: lol biometric databases at airports, phone and e-mail metadata, martial law implemented during manhunts... you're watched just as much as anyone else. quit fooling yourself, son.

Of course "son" but the difference is condoning that or making excuses "bu bu it makes us safe."

The difference is we spit on our government, you love yours.

Euros in general are lapdogs of their governments.

And maybe the US is like that too now, but it wasn't always.

Some of us like the way things are going, most of us don't.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jimn_tonic

@ZombieKiller7: lol ya k. you're drinking so much of your own kool-aid your lips are turning blue. america was built on corruption. "small government" is and will always be a lie.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZombieKiller7

@Jimn_tonic said:

@ZombieKiller7: lol ya k. you're drinking so much of your own kool-aid your lips are turning blue. america was built on corruption. "small government" is and will always be a lie.

A lie in what way?

We didn't have an income tax till the early 1900's or really much in the way of govt infratructure.

Look back 500 years, 1000 years, 5000 years, there's never really been government on the scale of what we see today.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WhiteKnight77

@deeliman said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

What is the problem with someone driving at 200MPH (which is faster than 236KPH) on a deserted stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere? While I do not advocate someone trying to run 200MPH on the Downtown Connector through Atlanta, that long stretch of highway that is running straight for 20 miles out there in Texas, or Montana or Colorado or western Nebraska or out in the middle of Nowhere Alberta, why not?

While not average drivers, people run those limits at local dragways and raceways every weekend of the year in the US and without getting killed or hurt seriously. Speed itself is not inherently dangerous. Racers will race at 200MPH mere inches from a competitor (at least with series that have fenders over the wheels) without having wrecks or getting killed in them. Take a look at the Autobahn in Germany, they have an unlimited speed on it outside of the cities. People routinely driver over 100MPH there. Are there wrecks there? sure, are many people killed because of them? Not really, due to the safety of the cars (the US has similar safety regulations for cars).

It all boils down to how well someone can control their vehicles. People can have wrecks and be injured or killed at any speed. If speed was that much of a problem, then why not ban cars, especially since more deaths occur due to the automobile than firearms?

Now, as far as Rob Ford, his powers have been restricted, been stripped of his staff and budget yet promises to show up to council meetings to debate.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

This dude's a trip. Whenever I think about Canada, I think about this guy lol.