I haven't watched TV in a while. Any good shows on?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

So I got more into the internet than TV in the recent years, and I've sort of fallen out of the circle or what's been going on.
I don't have HBO, Sho, any premium channels like that.
I have comcast digital extended(which only other in my household have been using and they only watch reality junk) I have stuff like IFC and things. Up to like 200 channels, with the rest being useless.
I just to know, what good shows are on? I don't know where to start.

• No reality shows
  • Things dealing with animals that are animal cops, people taking care of animals(more reality junk)
  • Nothing dealing with cars

What I do want about

• Survivalist shows or animal shows like what Steve Irwin used to do
  • Educational stuff for adults
  • Science fiction (Spacey, paranormal, action)
  • Good cartoons
  • Good comedies(please do not suggest Big Bang theory, I've seen clips of that online and it seems terrible)

And the channels that the shows come on. I'm American by the way.

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

Walking dead.

Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

Man vs Wild, The Walking Dead, The Office, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Family Guy, Man vs Food. Those come to mind.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Man v food
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Good shows on TV? :lol:

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Grimm - GREAT supernatural show. This past season it was on the same time as Supernatural - and I switched over to Grimm. (NBC)

Pawn Stars - you learn a lot of historical stuff while enjoying the banter. Cajun Pawn Stars is good too. (HISTORY CHANNEL)

I know you said no animal shows but I enjoy My Cat From Hell - because you learn a lot about cat behavior. (ANIMAL PLANET

Once Upon a Time - I refused to watch it for a long time because I'm not into "Tinkerbell tralalala" but DANG it's absorbing. The characters, the plot lines, - HEY SNOW WHITE IT AIN'T! There's a lot of darkness there. And nice twisty plot lines. You might be surprised about how good it is - I know I was. (ABC)

Big Bang Theory - I didn't watch it the first few years it was out. Now I am addicted. (LOTS OF CHANNELS)

Guilty pleasures - House Hunters INTERNATIONAL - simply because you get to see what homes are like in other countries. I don't watch House Hunters - you can only stand so much of "cathedral ceilings and granite countertops and bedrooms the size of tennis courts" without hurling. But it is cool to see 300 year old houses, one bathroom for the whole house, and monkeys in the garden. :D HG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
  1. Man Vs. Wild comes to mind
  2. Anything on Discovery or History channel should work
  3. Not a lot of current sci fi shows, maybe Battlestar: Galactica? :P
  4. None, they all suck balls
  5. Big Bang is actually pretty funny, IMO. Otherwise, I don't really know of any
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Wilfred just started its new season a few weeks ago as did Workaholics. For the most part I just watch sports whether it's racing (not NASCAR), football, baseball or basketball and the Outdoor channel on Wednesday nights when they have a 2-3 hour block for firearms. Right now I just mainly watch HBO on Sundays and right now True Blood is running it's 5th season I believe and it still seems to keep me interested but at the same time it's boring me.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Storm_Marine

This. There's a tiny handful of shows that are halfway decent. You mentioned you like cartoons. I've been super into Archer lately. That sh!t is hilarious. It's on FX but I think they're between seasons right now. Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix, and probably on DVD. H. Jon Benjamin voices the lead character, and he's fantastic. He also does Bob in Bob's Burgers on Fox, which is also pretty funny, and he was briefly on Family Guy as Carl, the dude Chris worked with at the convenience store. He's been in a bunch of other stuff too. But yeah, Archer is hilarious.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Louie - One of the best comedies out right now. If you like Louis CK, then you will love the show. Some episodes are too heavy on the "life lessons" however.

Archer - Very funny, if you like Home Movies it has the voice of Coach McGuirk as the main character.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Right now there is nothing good on. I have 2 shows on my radar: Tosh.0 on tuesday nights and Breaking Bad that starts the new season this Sunday. Good thing is I have been getting a lot of chores done.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

the_bi99man

This. There's a tiny handful of shows that are halfway decent. You mentioned you like cartoons. I've been super into Archer lately. That sh!t is hilarious. It's on FX but I think they're between seasons right now. Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix, and probably on DVD. H. Jon Benjamin voices the lead character, and he's fantastic. He also does Bob in Bob's Burgers on Fox, which is also pretty funny, and he was briefly on Family Guy as Carl, the dude Chris worked with at the convenience store. He's been in a bunch of other stuff too. But yeah, Archer is hilarious.

I was flipping through channels and he also voiced Yoda in Family Guy's star wars special. His voice is just so memorable that you can immediately pick it out.

Thesuperstar2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 1

#13 Thesuperstar2k
Member since 2012 • 372 Posts

Hell's kitchen?

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
nope. There are hundreds of channels and still nothing good on, just brainwashing trivial stuff and propaganda. Quote- "We will now return you to your regularly schedule programming" - The Idiot box