I can't favorite videos on YouTube anymore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

Ever since that stupid new layout of YouTube started (which I just discovered today) watching videos has been more frustrating than ever. Not only is it not user friendly, but even worse, I can't seem to be able to favorite videos anymore. Underneath each video, I click on the tab "Save To", which I presume is the tab menu where I can favorite a video. But the only thing that appears is the word "Loading..." and it seems to stay this way, and never actually loads up. I even opened up another tab to watch other videos to kill time before the tab menu to favorite the video came up, and after around 30 minutes, still nothing showed up. This is a big deal for me, considering that I have nearly 630 videos favorited, and I favorite an average of 3-6 videos daily.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? I'm really itching to favorite these 5 videos I found that I really wish to save and view again in the future, but this new format of YouTube is making it purely difficult and frustrating for me, which only adds to the anxiety. Please help.

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

You know at the bottom of the screen? There's the share button and a Save It button. Click on the latter one and a menu appears, then you can select Favourites. It is damn annoying really :evil:

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Have you tried a different browser?
gamerb121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 gamerb121
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
try refreshing the page, and if that doesn't work, click the "+" button to add it to your quicklist. Then, go to your quicklist by clicking it in the top-right corner, and from there you should be able to add things to your favorites list. The same thing happened to me and I think the new layout is horrible and YouTube should go back to the old one. \
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
The thumbs up and down replacing stars is what made it the worst.
Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

The thumbs up and down replacing stars is what made it the worst.monkeymoose5000

I know! You can't even tell if the video is good or bad until you vote. Luckily I found a way to get the stars back, on Google Chrome you can download the extension " Return YouTube Star Ratings". It's new and works great!

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeymoose5000"]The thumbs up and down replacing stars is what made it the worst.Shadow4020

I know! You can't even tell if the video is good or bad until you vote. Luckily I found a way to get the stars back, on Google Chrome you can download the extension " Return YouTube Star Ratings". It's new and works great!

But... I'd have to download Chrome. I like my firefox.
Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow4020"]

[QUOTE="monkeymoose5000"]The thumbs up and down replacing stars is what made it the worst.monkeymoose5000

But... I'd have to download Chrome. I like my firefox.

Guess you'll have to decide which is more important. :P Probably Firefox.