How Obama presents our country

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GroceryShopping (18 posts) -

Is it just me or is our current president (those of you outside the United States are more than welcome to discuss) presenting the United States as a bank that needs to make new money, new jobs, more technology, etc.? This isn't a political opinion or making Barack Obama into a Celebrity. I think of this topic as more of a discussion on the most powerful man in the world. Forbes has quite a hefty list. Might get us through to the Xbox One

#2 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

He doesn't care about jobs. He only cares about making the government bigger.

#3 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

The most powerful men in the world is the ones you don't know; JP Morgan's boss.

#4 Edited by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

every u.s. president is a celebrity.

Obama seems no different then the two guys before him; pretty much a spokesperson for the financial and defense industries. the only thing that's all that different is how people react to his status-quo, by-the-books policies.

#5 Posted by zpluffy (254 posts) -

Obamacare is screwing people up as I'm speaking

#6 Edited by brimmul777 (1240 posts) -

In my opinion,I think Obama is one of the worse U.S. presidents in history.He has not done much of anything important except fvck up the worlds economy and do nothing else in his own country.He only got in his presidency because he is black,not because of his "so called leadership".He could'nt lead his wife to the toilet.8 wasted years.

#7 Posted by mattbbpl (10645 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

In my opinion,I think Obama is one of the worse U.S. presidents in history.He has not done much of anything important except fvck up the worlds economy and do nothing else in his own country.He only got in his presidency because he is black,not because of his "so called leadership".He could'nt lead his wife to the toilet.8 wasted years.

The economy collapsed prior to Obama's presidency, not during it.

#8 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

In my opinion,I think Obama is one of the worse U.S. presidents in history.He has not done much of anything important except fvck up the worlds economy and do nothing else in his own country.He only got in his presidency because he is black,not because of his "so called leadership".He could'nt lead his wife to the toilet.8 wasted years.

You might not have been paying attention but the world's economy was in the shitter before Barack Obama was even elected.

#9 Posted by Aljosa23 (25113 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

He doesn't care about jobs. He only cares about making the government bigger.

HERP DERP

#10 Posted by mingmao3046 (2488 posts) -

He is an excellent speaker when he has a script on what to say, thats about it. He should have stuck to recording audio books and left the politics to people who actually know what they are doing

#11 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@mingmao3046 said:

He is an excellent speaker when he has a script on what to say, thats about it. He should have stuck to recording audio books and left the politics to people who actually know what they are doing

You do realize that pretty much every president has used pre-written speeches right?

#12 Posted by dave123321 (34130 posts) -

He's very weak

#13 Edited by GamingTitan (547 posts) -

no. i think Obama is about redistribution of wealth. Which imo is nothing more than theft~

#14 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@mingmao3046 said:

He is an excellent speaker when he has a script on what to say, thats about it. He should have stuck to recording audio books and left the politics to people who actually know what they are doing

You do realize that pretty much every president has used pre-written speeches right?

Than how was Bush Jr. so bad at it?

#15 Posted by sonicare (53485 posts) -

He's grossly incompetent.

#16 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

Least he ain't Martin Van Buren.

#17 Posted by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

@groceryshopping said:

Is it just me or is our current president (those of you outside the United States are more than welcome to discuss) presenting the United States as a bank that needs to make new money, new jobs, more technology, etc.?

During a recession, economy is #1 priority, and all other issues are less important. This says less about Obama and more about our country.

#18 Posted by chaplainDMK (6841 posts) -

@Fightingfan said:

@worlock77 said:

@mingmao3046 said:

He is an excellent speaker when he has a script on what to say, thats about it. He should have stuck to recording audio books and left the politics to people who actually know what they are doing

You do realize that pretty much every president has used pre-written speeches right?

Than how was Bush Jr. so bad at it?

You don't honestly believe people go and free-style it out there?

#19 Edited by Nintendo_Man (19634 posts) -

Non American view:

Obama is very popular and was thought to deliver great changes to the US but doesn't seem to have delivered. As mentioned above, Obama is more of a celebrity than anything else. George Bush was hated by nearly everyone, he was seen as a bully who pushed his weight around (same as his dad). He spent so much focus on war that he didn't focus on the American economy and left it in a terrible shape. Bill Clinton was probably the most respected of the recent presidents until his affair was revealed.

#20 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

He's a 1.5-term lame duck and appears the part.

#21 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

Obama was the lesser of 2 evils in both elections, and probably about as good a president as you can expect the current system to deliver.

Put it this way, at least we don't have a US invasion in Iran or Syria yet.

#22 Posted by deeliman (2440 posts) -

Still better than Romney.

#23 Edited by comp_atkins (31473 posts) -

ITT: a bunch of tired catch phrases and talking points recited by both sides over and Over and OVER again... nothing new to see here folks......

#24 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

I luv obama <3

#25 Posted by Jd1680a (5945 posts) -

Obama administration spies on the entire world's population, including the American citizens.

I will give Obama a 4/10.

#26 Edited by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Coming from a person who doesn't live in the U.S., I think there has been a gradual shift in perspective from Obama as a revolutionary politician to the perspective of him being another pawn in the game being played by corporate America.

#27 Posted by funkymonkey4710 (1835 posts) -

He is just another pawn sadly, but I do like his stance on a lot of social issues and honestly I think the Affordable Health Care Act is doing a hell of a lot better then what our previous system was doing especially when it comes to insurance rates and premiums.