How many of you who have had zero or a few girlfriends...

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Mac_Daddy
Member since 2008 • 2401 Posts

always F stuff up when it comes to girls? Like, say you actually work up the courage to ask a girl out, and she says yes. so you are feeling good, then you F up the date by being boring, coming on too strong, etc. and are back to being by yourself again?

My best friend is like that and it bothers me. I want to help him, but I don't know how to make him come out of his shell. If we go on group dates, he's more talkative, but in that case both girls will be more into me. When he goes on his own dates, he is really shy and it gets akward. He has gotten his own dates twice.. usually I'd ask a girl out and one of her friends will come too and my friend will too so it will be a group thing. Or I'll try to hook him up with a girl I know or am dating's friends. (that sentence sounds like i used the grammar of a 5th grader).

He is also spoiled, but not rich, 19 years old, never had a job, sleeps a lot, is scared of everything, isn't a fan of social situations, clubbing, etc., he's chubby, balding, hairy, short and has bad teeth. It's seriously the worst combo you can ever have. But the worst part is, his standards are too high for who he is. He wants to date no less than a 7, but he is not good looking and has a pretty selfish and shy personality. He's the person that when I'll invite like 15 people over, with more than half are hot girls, he will hang around me and talk to me and maybe 1 or two people. The girls show him some attention because he is very shy and cute in that way, but more so because they feel sorry for him, i guess. They'll want to give him hugs, and are really friendly to him to try to break him out of his shell, but it sucks becuase they show him this attention, but would never date him.

Isn't this a ****** situation?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
If we go on group dates, he's more talkative, but in that case both girls will be more into me. The_Mac_Daddy
Is that because you're the mac daddy :o :question:
The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Mac_Daddy

[QUOTE="The_Mac_Daddy"] If we go on group dates, he's more talkative, but in that case both girls will be more into me. Jandurin

well I am but even if it wasn't me, I'm sure it would be the same way. Basically, I mean they aren't into him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

well I am but even if it wasn't me, I'm sure it would be the same way. Basically, I mean they aren't into him.The_Mac_Daddy
I have a friend like that. He's 26... and he wants the women, but he's shy as all hell. He doesn't have bad teeth or chubbiness or anything either, he's just REALLY shy.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts
tooo much reading, but I have had one true gf... it was nice..but her parent werent.
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
It sounds like he is unattractive.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
I haven't had a girlfridend because relationships in high school are stupid. I have enough stuff to do in college to not have one. The real problem is that I would want to spoil a girl so much that I don't have the funding for it.
texag2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 texag2005
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
I've only had two girlfriends. One in high school and then the girl that I am now married to. Only having a couple girlfriends isn't always a bad thing.
leilamayhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 leilamayhem
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
A positive attitude, fresh clothes, a hairstyle that suits him and some self-grooming goes a long way. There's this other little thing that women love, and it's called respect. Speaking as a woman, we don't appreciate when a lazy, hairy, unattractive male expects not only that we're perfect but that he fall head over heels for him by virtue of the fact that he has a penis What's wrong with a job, platonic friendships with women, some ambition etc.? It's funny, because guys who are respectful, confident and successful in their own right don't seem to have problems meeting women. There are simple solutions - because chubby, balding guys have girlfriends too, but usually not if they have a bad attitude and treat women poorly.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
I've never had a girlfriend because, at first I thought I was undesireable. But now, I know that I don't desire any intimate relationship with anyone.
MythofSisyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MythofSisyphus
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts

Only had around 3 or so I would actually consider a "girlfriend". The rest id define by "friends with benefits" or someone ive "casually dated." I don't like being tied down... Girlfriends are expensive, needy, and overall grossly overrated.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
never had one....
SOL1D_SNAKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOL1D_SNAKE
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts

Just tell him that if he doesn't change his ways, he's gonna have a hard time trying to get a girlfriend. I don't mean that in a wrong way.

Me, I'm into comics, movies, and video games. A lot of girls don't find that attractive and find it nerdy and stupid. I've never come across a woman who's into what I'm into. All I see all the time, is women falling for the guys that hang out in the street all day, or who have a lot money and can buy them anything they want, or even guys that have a lot friends. I don't really have friends, I mostly have my brothers friends to whom I say "What up?" to once in a while. But mostly, it's because of the way I look to women. It doesn't make any sense, I dress very well and I have a nice personality. If a nice woman comes along with a decent attitude and wants to talk, I'm game. When I look in the mirror everyday, I see a nice lookin guy.

I've had girlfriends here and there over the years, so I have some experience if you will. The problem with those girls, was that they were two or even three years younger than me, which considered at the time would seem a little wrong I guess. My last relationship was in January of 2005. So yeah, it's been a while. It'll probably be a bit longer too.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts

Step one, stop treating him like a child monster. His standards are his own and he has them for whatever reason. It's genetic, not his fault. You can't force yourself into a relationship with someone you dont find attractive, never leads to a successful relationship. Some people can date less than "7" and some can't.

There are things of course, he can do himself. Become more pro-active, start working out more to have more energy during the day, buy new clothes, get a haircut, shave, etc. etc., but these are things he has to choose to do himself, someone else, other than relatives, telling him to do that would more than likely piss him off and ball-kick his self esteem into the ground.

As for his shyness, there's not much you can do about that. No doubt he'll get over it on his own once he begins his choice of career, which will force him to come out from hiding and become more social. Not all people are highly social or into clubbing, and for most that are like that, it's something that wont change. Mainly, because a lot actually choose not to participate, for whatever reason (Some have been raised in a way that they dont really enjoy that kind of environment). So really, the best thing you can do is accept him for who he is, and help him get more comfortable instead of forcing him into awkward situations he's not ready for. imo of course, take it as you will. *drops two cents into bin*

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
Was this thread made to make you seem cool? :|
Viedric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Viedric
Member since 2003 • 949 Posts

A positive attitude, fresh clothes, a hairstyle that suits him and some self-grooming goes a long way. There's this other little thing that women love, and it's called respect. Speaking as a woman, we don't appreciate when a lazy, hairy, unattractive male expects not only that we're perfect but that he fall head over heels for him by virtue of the fact that he has a penis What's wrong with a job, platonic friendships with women, some ambition etc.? It's funny, because guys who are respectful, confident and successful in their own right don't seem to have problems meeting women. There are simple solutions - because chubby, balding guys have girlfriends too, but usually not if they have a bad attitude and treat women poorly.leilamayhem

That's funny cuz I'm respectful, nice, well groomed, all that and I've had two girl friends leave me for abusive bums.... Girls don't want nice guys until they've already been knocked up and used up. Then when their tired of the bad boys, they come and expect the nice guys to take care of them and their baby.

Edit: To clarify, I am now dating a chick who was into bad guys and then got pregnant, realized the error of her ways, and left him for a nice guy, me...

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
I had a girl a long time ago...don't really desire a relationship any more.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't have a girl friend,i never have....
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Sounds like he's shy like I was. It took me 21 years to break out of that shell, so maybe he will too eventually.
ferron321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ferron321
Member since 2004 • 3078 Posts
Didnt read all of it. In short, no ive never had a girl friend :P
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Mac_Daddy"] If we go on group dates, he's more talkative, but in that case both girls will be more into me. Jandurin

No steve jobs is the MAC daddy...:roll: hahahahha i know...someone drop kick me

leilamayhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 leilamayhem
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts

[QUOTE="leilamayhem"]A positive attitude, fresh clothes, a hairstyle that suits him and some self-grooming goes a long way. There's this other little thing that women love, and it's called respect. Speaking as a woman, we don't appreciate when a lazy, hairy, unattractive male expects not only that we're perfect but that he fall head over heels for him by virtue of the fact that he has a penis What's wrong with a job, platonic friendships with women, some ambition etc.? It's funny, because guys who are respectful, confident and successful in their own right don't seem to have problems meeting women. There are simple solutions - because chubby, balding guys have girlfriends too, but usually not if they have a bad attitude and treat women poorly.Viedric

That's funny cuz I'm respectful, nice, well groomed, all that and I've had two girl friends leave me for abusive bums.... Girls don't want nice guys until they've already been knocked up and used up. Then when their tired of the bad boys, they come and expect the nice guys to take care of them and their baby.

Edit: To clarify, I am now dating a chick who was into bad guys and then got pregnant, realized the error of her ways, and left him for a nice guy, me...

Girls with low self-esteem are often attracted to abusive situations. Or women who have experienced bad relationships tend to gravitate to what they know. This type of cycle requires a lot of self-healing to get out of. As we get older and experience different situations this changes. Maturity and self-esteem means high standards.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
To be completely harsh, sounds like your friend is just an overall loser, and won't have any luck with woman unless it's of someone of equal unnapeal. He doesn't even sound like a nice guy, so he doesn't even have the non-shallow people on his side.
Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts
It sounds like your friend has an anxiety disorder.
its_me_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 its_me_
Member since 2008 • 947 Posts

I haven't had a girlfridend because relationships in high school are stupid. I have enough stuff to do in college to not have one. The real problem is that I would want to spoil a girl so much that I don't have the funding for it.blackngold29

Those are 3 very common ways of rationalizing the fact that you can't get a girlfriend...

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts

I have negative girlfriends... :( Girls in general ignore me...

However, I get along well with people, so maybe the magical "non-shallowc crowd" will take me in, but I doubt it, because most people at my school judge by how drunk you get, how attractive you are and how rich you happen to be.:?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I somehow feel I'm going to end up like my Uncle in that he's a bachelor, worked at a computer company (HP for him), and now doesn't do anything but grow apples and play Guild Wars all day.
neochaos21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 neochaos21
Member since 2003 • 466 Posts

the majority of girls are **** for ex: golddiggers. a lot of women are being raised into that type of mentality.

then again, a lot of girls are just like guys: insecure and don't know what they want.

the main point. you can't love someone else if you don't love yourself

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts
I've had many girl friends :oops:
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I don't mess up by not asking or being boring or whatever. Things just seem to go wrong anyway.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
I've never had a girlfriend. It's not that I screw anything up, it's just that I don't care. I prefer being alone.
batboy113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 batboy113
Member since 2007 • 1204 Posts
Is it just me that thinks the tc sounds arrogant?
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts
I think I'm a very attractive and interesting person but in most social situations I get overly nervous and I'm not able to ever hook up. I wish I had a friend that would get me with someone, you need to smack your friend around for all his missed oppurtunities.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
My GF right now is my first, but I have an excuse because I'm 13. We've been going out for 4 months now. :)
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#36 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
I've never had a girlfriend, but then again I have never tried to ask one out:?

It's not that I have a problem talking to girls, its that I couldn't give a ****.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

My GF right now is my first, but I have an excuse because I'm 13. We've been going out for 4 months now. :)TheHimura

so...how old were you when you joined?

Avatar image for GEARS_0f_war983
GEARS_0f_war983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GEARS_0f_war983
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts
ive had the one girlfriend since 7th grade... i'm now in 11th grade and we still love each other

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="TheHimura"]My GF right now is my first, but I have an excuse because I'm 13. We've been going out for 4 months now. :)Hewkii

owned! :lol:
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I got flat-out rejected the first time. Well, she just ignored what I said and never spoke to me again. The second time I tried, I lost the plot and decided to go for someone older who already had a boyfriend. So yeah, no girlfriends for me but it's hardly surprising...
quocthai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 quocthai
Member since 2005 • 1995 Posts
I don't get the topic. Isn't 99% of guys had zero OR a few (around 3 or4)girlfriends?
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="TheHimura"]My GF right now is my first, but I have an excuse because I'm 13. We've been going out for 4 months now. :)Hewkii

Haha, I knew somebody would ask. I was like 11, which I know is against the rules because you have to be 13, but I didn't (and still don't) see why there's an age limit since I don't act ignorant or annoying like most kids my age...

If I get banned, whatever, but I'm just saying that I don't know why there should be an age limit for people who know how to act... mature.

The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Mac_Daddy

Is it just me that thinks the tc sounds arrogant?batboy113

How so?

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
I don't see whats so hard....If you be urself, sooner or later ur gonna get a gf. :|
The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Mac_Daddy

I don't get the topic. Isn't 99% of guys had zero OR a few (around 3 or4)girlfriends? quocthai

I guess I SHOULD have said "dated"... as in not just one date.. but at least a 0 to 3 people that you went on at least a few dates with.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

No, I've never done that.

Primarily because the only girlfriend I had was back when I was a spineless coward, but I was a loud spineless coward and she was somehow attracted to that.

Chances are the me of now would be shunned by many women because, for the most part, I can't stand being around clingy people.

And many women are clingy.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="Hewkii"]

[QUOTE="TheHimura"]My GF right now is my first, but I have an excuse because I'm 13. We've been going out for 4 months now. :)TheHimura

Haha, I knew somebody would ask. I was like 11, which I know is against the rules because you have to be 13, but I didn't (and still don't) see why there's an age limit since I don't act ignorant or annoying like most kids my age...

If I get banned, whatever, but I'm just saying that I don't know why there should be an age limit for people who know how to act... mature.

If you're thirteen now they won't do anything.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
[QUOTE="Hewkii"]

[QUOTE="TheHimura"]My GF right now is my first, but I have an excuse because I'm 13. We've been going out for 4 months now. :)TheHimura

They shouldn't ban you anyway. You're thirteen now and it was up to people to notice whilst you were breaking the rules, not now, when you're not.
The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Mac_Daddy

plus tc ,you and your friend from the states?just asking.

bawathegamer

Yeah, we're from Houston, Texas in the USA.