How do you deal with loss of someone you love

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

How have you guys dealt with it, how do you deal with it?

Probably some of you have lost someone extremely close to you, how do you did you deal with it? Was there anyway to ease the pain. Should you even ease the pain? Or just let it happen. Did you talk to people, or be alone?

I don't know what to do, it's not fair. I wish I could switch places with her. Whenever I see a picture I start crying. It hasn't even happened yet, but it will very soon. I cherish the days that I can still see her, but I dread the time where I don't... Everyone says I can go to them to talk, but I just want to hear what other people have to say about this.

Sorry if it's hard to bring up, but I just kind of want to hear what people have done to get through something like this.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Time. Everyone grieves in different ways, time is the only thing that can heal it
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gotdangit

What am I supposed to do in the mean time.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chaoscougar1

gotdangit
There is no one on this planet that can answer that for you. Everyone grieves differently, it won't be pleasant either I am afraid :(
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Honestly, there is not much you can do to ease the pain. The only thing that has ever helped me deal with loss is to hang out with some close friends, have a few drinks, and get all that is bothering me off my chest. Talking about it won't make it go away, but it will help knowing that other people are there to support you and bear some of the wait. Other than that, there is only time. Cherish the memories of the person and know that, in the end, we all meet the same fate. However bad you feel now, it will pass, and you will be a stronger person for it.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that. In my experience, I felt overwhelmed because I didn't know how I would be able to live without that person. My advice is to live one day at a time-- do not worry about a week, a month or a year down the road. I know it's hard or impossible to imagine how you'll be able to go on, so don't try to cross that bridge yet. You can pick up the pieces after you've made it through the initial stage of mourning.

Metaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Metaw
Member since 2010 • 387 Posts

I lost my father during my teens, but I'm not exactly the best example to use as I was extremely sad only for two days, then it kept getting better every day. I never felt the need to talk to anyone and even my teachers in school were surprised in seeing me back so soon. I really do miss him though.

Since everyone is different the only thing I can say is you need to wait it out and try to use the time to learn that death is part of life and there's nothing to be done about it, sadly.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gotdangit

It shouldn't happen to people who still need to live. It shouldn't happen so early.

Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb
deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

jack daniels

thats how

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chaoscougar1

It shouldn't happen to people who still need to live. It shouldn't happen so early.

gotdangit
My sister was very sick and almost died (a couple of times) when she was 16, life is not fair
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

gotdangit

No, it shouldn't happen, but it does. At the very least, take consolation in the fact that this person made such and impact on your life that you care very much for them, and that they will live on in your memories. That is all any of us can hope for.

jack daniels

thats how

Neo-ganon

Believe it or not, that is how I'm drowning out my sorrows right now.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
I don't think it's bad to be in pain. It's a natural process. You have to feel sad first and deal with it.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Speaking from experience, there's a positive light to everything, even death. My dad died when I was still a teenager, and I won't go into detail but ultimately with how his life had been, it was more of a freedom than anything else. And at the wake, there were so many people, there was a line leading outside to the street for quite some time. He wasn't forgotten, which is all anyone can ask for after death. Ultimately, just do what anyone would want their friends and loved ones to do. Live.
rooktook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rooktook
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts

Time. Everyone grieves in different ways, time is the only thing that can heal itchaoscougar1
second that we all grieve in our own way

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

Life IS fair, but not kind. Losing someone should be a blunt force blow to the head of how certain things just cannot be replaced. If you believe in the afterlife you can use that however you wish, albiet it is not a way out of the pain in of itself. If you don't believe in the afterlife, and even if you do I guess, you can at the least in time take in confidence a form of awareness.

Everyone passes away eventually. But while you won't feel this way now, and while it does depend on the person as well within, you may find you also recieved a valuable gift that can only be earned and never taught. You know loss. So while you may not have many ventures to talk about some of what you may think is stupid or silly on how you feel about this pain, you can be someone elses later on.

So one day you may be able to take what someone you cared about gave you, in her passing, to help someone else down the road that you also care about. So at least in that, you can take in confidence that the best of her can live on in you and all of those who were close to her as well.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
I haven't really 'lost' someone, but they did move. I just kept my self occupied doing household chores. Personally, I'd stay with the person until she became 'lost'. After that, I'd probably play Black Ops because it will keep me occupied, and perhaps enjoyment.
sandlot76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sandlot76
Member since 2005 • 53267 Posts

Cry when I'm alone, bottle it in when I'm with others

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

Normally I'd isolate myself. I prefer to deal with grief alone.

CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

I have to agree with time.

I wish there was some sort of one-size fits all bullet for coping with grief, but there isn't. It is completely personal, and something you will have to figure out for yourself. But with time things slowly do improve, which I think is important to remember.

:(

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

The closest thing to me that has died yet was a goat, I'm afraid his death was my fault, so I cried a bit. All of my family is still alive, I don't care if my grandpa dies though :lol:

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
When my uncle died, I often went to his grave and talked to him. That helped a lot.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
You deal with it head-on.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

chaoscougar1

There is no one on this planet that can answer that for you. Everyone grieves differently, it won't be pleasant either I am afraid :(

i find it helpful to be busy and try to distract myself so i dont think about it...losing someone close is hard...and i tend to think too much...and so i usually found ways to keep myself busy until i litterally passed out from exhaustion...rinse and repeat until i was okay with it...i know thats probably not the most healthy thing to do...but its waht got me thru it once

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
There's really no effective way of dealing with it. You just have to wait it out. Whether you want to think about it is up to you. I find confronting my feelings is the best thing to do, and to just let the emotions out, instead of bottling it up. The pain will still be there though. In time, you will move on though - that's the main thing.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58336 Posts

everyone grieves differently. I've lost my grandparents and a roommate in the past few years, and I tend to just retreat inward. I don't recommend that; grief needs to go somewhere, and crying and talking with people is a lot more constructive than keeping it all inside.

ujjval16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts
Everyone deals with death a different way. I lost one of my best friends a month ago, and I found out that the best way I dealt with it was simply just remembering him.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Isolation, hanging out with people during those times makes me feel worst for some reason.
imetamonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 imetamonster
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

chaoscougar1

This...

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Pretty easily considering I'm not emotionally attached to many family members...
Hakarie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hakarie
Member since 2011 • 352 Posts

Masturbate. If its a family member, just give it time.

DarkFadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 DarkFadi
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
You wont find answers here
I don't think it's bad to be in pain. It's a natural process. You have to feel sad first and deal with it.Sunsha
Yeah, i think same...
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
everybody is different. for me, talking about it helped a LOT. Im still dealing with it today and probably won't ever get over it 100%, but time makes it more tolerable.
MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
Play Morrowind.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gotdangit

I want to remember her, and I do, but almost everything I think of just makes me cry, then I think about more.

I think for now I will just try to find something else to do until she pops up in my head. When those times come, then I will deal with it, and remember her, and etc.

She passed today... It's not fair.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#35 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Well i like keeping it to myself and thinking about that person
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Denying, thats what i do.
SplatterDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SplatterDuck
Member since 2010 • 2562 Posts
Few days to think about it on my own.And then Im fine about it
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

I want to remember her, and I do, but almost everything I think of just makes me cry, then I think about more.

I think for now I will just try to find something else to do until she pops up in my head. When those times come, then I will deal with it, and remember her, and etc.

gotdangit

My condolences. May she rest in peace. :(

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

I always play this music.It is painful to lose someone you love because it lingers there no matter how hard you try to get rid of it.

imetamonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 imetamonster

gotdangit

I know it can betough at times.Try not to isolate yourself, and hang out with alot of family and friends.That helps some people. But we all deal with this in our own way...

Im real sorry to hear about your loss.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

Damn this thread is depressing...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Just remember that mana is the life energy of the world. When someone dies, there energy goes back to the world and helps to power chocobos and things like that. It's thoughts like that, that get me thorugh the hardest and most difficult parts of life.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
As others have said, only time can fix it. In between then and now you just have to go about normally.
imetamonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 imetamonster

Just remember that mana is the life energy of the world. When someone dies, there energy goes back to the world and helps to power chocobos and things like that. It's thoughts like that, that get me thorugh the hardest and most difficult parts of life.

sonicare

Posts like this can be the only posts that could possibly help me smile after i hit rock bottom.

Beautiful...

:')

masterace29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 masterace29
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Damn this thread is depressing...

black_cat19

Thats what i thought too till i saw the mana post bout chocobos ... :) lol

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

Wait for it to rain (heavily), then lock yourelf in your car. When inside, proceed to sing along loudly to sad love songs.

Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

Take your time, everyone deals with it in their own way. Maybe talk to someone about it, it might help.

BigThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BigThor
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
Well.. you have to move on ... just keep her/he in your memory and go on with your life. More than that you cannot do.
LightningBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LightningBS
Member since 2009 • 505 Posts

Haven't actually experienced this yet but when it happens, I'll probably hook up Cold's Year of the Spider album. Wouldn't be the first time it helps me.