This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerofNoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KillerofNoobs
Member since 2005 • 786 Posts
Is Chernobyl a real place? If so what actually happened there? Because in Stalker its a big radiation area and now in Call of Duty 4 you're a sniper and theres radiation there too.
vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
It's a town in Russia where, in 1986, there was a nuclear explosion that contaminated a large surrounding area. Google it and see if I'm right. ;)
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts
It's a town in Russia where a nuclear reactor had a meltdown. . .it was one of the worst events in Russian history.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts

It's a town in Russia where, in 1986, there was a nuclear explosion that contaminated a large surrounding area. Google it and see if I'm right. ;)vgm007

That's it. We did a section on it in my history class.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts
Ah Chernobyl. Isnt that in Ukraine? During a test in a nuclear plant, something went wrong right? Fuel rods too hot. Big explosion. Tons of RadioALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
Franken_Berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Franken_Berry
Member since 2004 • 5968 Posts

On April 26th, 1986, the fourth reactor of the Chernobyl Nuclear Powerplant, exploded at 01:23 AM local time. The workers were performing an experiment with the reactor's safety systems. Problems occurred during the tests, the reactor did not receive enough coolant, had built up too much heat in the core and had fully withdrawn control rods, all of which contributed to a very unstable and unpredictable reactor operation. When the control rods were reinserted in an attempt to regain control of the unstable reactor, there was a sudden increase in reactivity, caused by the design of the RBMK reactor and its control rods, and an uncontrollable runaway reaction occurred. The reactor produced tremendous amounts of steam, eventually causing a steam break/explosion, which destroyed part of the reactor. Graphite fires broke out, due to the high temperatures of the reactor and that the graphite was exposed to oxygen, causing it to burn, which occurred after the reactor was damaged from the steam explosion. Radioactive debris was flung several miles, and smoke containing radioactive contaminants from the burning graphite, traveled as far as Belarus. All permanent residents of Chernobyl and the Zone of Alienation were evacuated because radiation levels in the area had become unsafe. Contaminated milk was blamed for childhood sicknesses across Europe.

The Chernobyl City and its surrounding suburbs are now home to nuclear scientists, maintenance officials for the Chernobyl Power Plant, Liquidation Officials, doctors, physicists, and most of all, radiation physicists. Although Pripyat, a neighboring city to Chernobyl remains unmaintained, Chernobyl has been renovated and is now home to more than 500 permanent residents, including visitors to the Zone of Alienation who stay at a local lodge in the Chernobyl suburbs.

muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts

well basicly a space ship landed but they covered this up with a whole "nuclear reactor exploded" conspiracy so people are to scared to go and check out the remains of the space ship.. Its actually quite a clever ploy.

wow making up conspiracies is easier than I though :|

sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts

It's a town in Russia where, in 1986, there was a nuclear explosion that contaminated a large surrounding area. Google it and see if I'm right. ;)vgm007
It wasn't a nuclear explosion, it was a meltdown. The explosion was from the pressure build-up, not sudden nuclear reaction like in a nuclear bomb.

Edit: and it's not in Russia, it's in the Ukraine.

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts
I thought this was about the song >__>
Scienceblows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scienceblows
Member since 2007 • 2992 Posts
What's next, a city below the sea'll be real?
J-link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 J-link
Member since 2004 • 4805 Posts

But the real question is..

It's been 21 years.. Where are all the super heroes?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl

In the next lesson, we will learn about actual Japanese history... now here is this giant enemy crab.
J-link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 J-link
Member since 2004 • 4805 Posts

[QUOTE="vgm007"]It's a town in Russia where, in 1986, there was a nuclear explosion that contaminated a large surrounding area. Google it and see if I'm right. ;)sca321

It wasn't a nuclear explosion, it was a meltdown. The explosion was from the pressure build-up, not sudden nuclear reaction like in a nuclear bomb.

Actually, as a result of the meltdown, one of the reactors did explode. But unlike the popular belief, there was no mushroom cloud or anything..

Quiet-Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Quiet-Key
Member since 2007 • 499 Posts

J-link

They're in Russia, fighting communists.

sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts
[QUOTE="sca321"]

[QUOTE="vgm007"]It's a town in Russia where, in 1986, there was a nuclear explosion that contaminated a large surrounding area. Google it and see if I'm right. ;)J-link

Actually, as a result of the meltdown, one of the reactors did explode. But unlike the popular belief, there was no mushroom cloud or anything..

I know, I said it exploded as a result of pressure build-up.
Avatar image for TrueConservativ
TrueConservativ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TrueConservativ
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

I dont need to google it to know its not in russia.... its ukraine bud

hojobojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hojobojo
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts

It's a town in Russia where a nuclear reactor had a meltdown. . .it was one of the worst events in Russian history.Silver_Dragon17

Not Russia... in Ukraine and not Russian history... Ukraine although you can say Soviet history.. I hate people who calls Soviet Union Russia, they're completely different!

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

J-link

Underground.