Have you ever cheated on a school paper?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RJay123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RJay123
Member since 2009 • 911 Posts

Be honest. No one will know but us ;)

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
No, I have a thing called a conscience, and a thing called a brain. I like to prove that I'm smart, and I hate lazy folk who just copy and paste.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I cheat on lots of stuff in school.

socked_feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 socked_feet
Member since 2008 • 2290 Posts
Yup, I'm not going to lie. In grade 12, we weren't allowed to bring any notes in for our in-class essays. I was amazingly nervous so I brought a sticky note "cheat sheet" of definitions and a few articles to refer to. The essay question turned out to be easier than I expected, but still.
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

turned in a paper I got off an essay writing website. Got an A on the essay, 4.0 in the college Philosophy class. Funny when you hear so many people say you'll never get away with it.

CF3689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CF3689
Member since 2008 • 833 Posts

No, I haven't.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Nope...never had the need or desire
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts
Nope. Never did. I could handle the work....
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
No. It would haunt me.
Annihilation01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Annihilation01
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

I'm not gonna lie, I do...a lot. I don't do it all the time the instant I get some work, but If I don't get it, I'll go to the person beside me. And I plan to cheat for the rest of my life, college, work, everything. Make it to the top faster if I don't get caught.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

You mean plagiarize? Not intentionally, though I did get in hot water once when I apparently typed out verbatim a paragraph that appears in some other published work. Thankfully, the work in question had little to do with my subject.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Nope.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

I have never cheated myself, but helped others cheat many times.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts
lol i admit to cheating in schol paper/tests. sometimes i do it for the thrill of doing it. i've done it sucessfully even in a room w/ 5 proctors watching carefully. :)
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
can't say i haven't it was last year, with our fench teacher lol. everyone(wel exept the girls lol) was always making fun of her, she really sucked at teaching and didn't know how to control the students lol. everytime she gave a test the whole class cheated, even when she saw it she was to chicken to open her mouth lol
Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bruin4ev3r1520
Member since 2005 • 8843 Posts
Nope. And I hated it. It was such a pain seeing a lot of my friends cheat and do better than me. I was always tempted to but never did cuz I know I'd have a guilty conscience
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rawsavon

I have never cheated myself, but helped others cheat many times.

N7v1K0
That I have done...I was friends with a lot of dumb*****
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
No, I always enjoyed writing academic papers, so had no desire to avoid doing so.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts

Papers that are just intended to help the teacher know how you're doing? Frequently because I don't ever bother revising.

Actual moderated exams for qualifications etc? No.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
all the time.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
no i have not cheated on a test or exam or quiz or whatever in school, tho i have had ppl walk up and give me completed papers to turn in i used to skip school........ alot
Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bruin4ev3r1520
[QUOTE="kweeni"]can't say i haven't it was last year, with our fench teacher lol. everyone(wel exept the girls lol) was always making fun of her, she really sucked at teaching and didn't know how to control the students lol. everytime she gave a test the whole class cheated, even when she saw it she was to chicken to open her mouth lol

I feel really bad for those type of teachers. I had one at my high school who the students treated like crap. They call him a fat **** and tell him to shut the **** up if he told them to do anything. There were a couple funny stories out of that class like when the students had a "Classroom Olympics" day. In one event students sat in a desk while other students pushed them around the class for a few laps. And the baseball portion was also fun.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Yes, one time I completely forgot to do an essay I was supposed to do. I basically found one on the internet (the night before I was due to hand it in) and copied it- changed some of the paragraphs and wordings- and subsequently got a low grade for it. They never found out I copied it from the internet so it could have been worse. If I hadn't forgotten, I would have done it without cheating though.
Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#24 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

yup, i started doing it in high school, i just hated studying subjects like Religion, that way i have time to study for real subjects like physics and math which i have to study, i used the small paper trick more that 10 times and never got caught

but i never did in any other subject other that Religion

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

[QUOTE="kweeni"]can't say i haven't it was last year, with our fench teacher lol. everyone(wel exept the girls lol) was always making fun of her, she really sucked at teaching and didn't know how to control the students lol. everytime she gave a test the whole class cheated, even when she saw it she was to chicken to open her mouth lolBruin4ev3r1520
I feel really bad for those type of teachers. I had one at my high school who the students treated like crap. They call him a fat **** and tell him to shut the **** up if he told them to do anything. There were a couple funny stories out of that class like when the students had a "Classroom Olympics" day. In one event students sat in a desk while other students pushed them around the class for a few laps. And the baseball portion was also fun.

yeah well if they can't handle it, they should find another job. cus being a teacher is serious business :O

btw i just remember we had the same thing with another teacher(math), also the same year xD man he sucked even worse than that french teacher! lol but he left after a month though which is a good thing cus no one ever understood a word he sed, plus he had a funny face xD

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

kinda... it's not like I could of ever been caught though.

1. forgot/too lazy to cite every source.

2. stole sources from other papers.

In some of my research I had 50+ different sources I was going through. Litterally piles of ideas over long periods of time. It's not uncommon for an idea to pop into your head that isn't yours, and you don't know where it came from. Musicians know this pretty well. They rip off songs all the time w/out even knowing they're doing it. Technically since I'm not doing it intentionally it's not cheating, but it's still plagerism.

Stealing sources is lazy habit of mine. Why bother going through 50+ journals and only finding useful information in 3 of them. Also why bother when somebody else has done the research, and cited it for you. Sometimes this was actually nessissary because not too many people wrote on the subjects I wrote on. I don't know if this is considered cheating or not, but according to me it's kinda dishonest, but most of the teacher I knew had done similar things so it was pretty well accepted. I think if you really believe you never did anything dishonest in school you're probaby just ignorant to what you were doing.

Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bruin4ev3r1520
yeah well if they can't handle it, they should find another job. cus being a teacher is serious business :Obtw i just remember we had the same thing with another teacher(math), also the same year xD man he sucked even worse than that french teacher! lol but he left after a month though which is a good thing cus no one ever understood a word he sed, plus he had a funny face xDkweeni
Yeah I agree. I've thought about teaching when I grow up a few times but that's one of the main things that stopped me. I'm not tough enough to deal with some of the messed up kids I've seen at my school.
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts

You mean plagiarize? Not intentionally, though I did get in hot water once when I apparently typed out verbatim a paragraph that appears in some other published work. Thankfully, the work in question had little to do with my subject.

Theokhoth

:o How is that even possible?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I've reused older papers in college for unrelated classes, then updated and added stuff. If that translates to cheating, then I guess.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

No, I haven't. I really look down on people who cheat and consider them less than human... even though they are displaying a common human trait.. I'm all for leaving these primitive traits behind and finding better ways to deal with things. Of course, cheating/lying of all forms is mostly a product of a society that awards that behavior and punishes though who are honest. Of course that's not always true, but it's true often enough.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I dunno how to cheat on a paper. >o>
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Tauruslink

:o How is that even possible?

It is very possible. Humans exposed to the same culture can almost always come up with the same ideas/ word usage relatively easily without ever having heard or read somebody else work giving the right circumstances. Just look at how similar the human genetic code is.. it's really to absurd to think that we all have unique ideas..
RJay123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RJay123
Member since 2009 • 911 Posts

I dunno how to cheat on a paper. >o>Aquat1cF1sh
just copy and paste without citing?

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
Yes, but I always make sure the prof won't find out..
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
I did one time in 8th grade.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

No, i get A's on my essays all by myself..:P

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Yeah whenever I need to

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

All the time, but not for a lack of understanding. If anything I'm being smarter in terms of manipulating the grading system of certain classes to my benefit. There's always an easy way around a "hard" class. :twisted:

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rawsavon
All the time, but not for a lack of understanding. If anything I'm being smarter in terms of manipulating the grading system of certain classes to my benefit. There's always an easy way around a "hard" class. :evil:-Tish-
But if you were really smart, you wouldn't need to :o
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Tish-
[QUOTE="-Tish-"]All the time, but not for a lack of understanding. If anything I'm being smarter in terms of manipulating the grading system of certain classes to my benefit. There's always an easy way around a "hard" class. :evil:rawsavon

Yeah but I'd much rather use an easier path if possible, especially in math classes.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I actually haven't, except in elementary school.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]All the time, but not for a lack of understanding. If anything I'm being smarter in terms of manipulating the grading system of certain classes to my benefit. There's always an easy way around a "hard" class. :evil:-Tish-

Yeah but I'd much rather use an easier path if possible, especially in math classes.

How do you cheat in math...just put the formulas in your calculator? If so, that only works so far...eventually they just give the formulas because the rest is so complex
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

All the time, but not for a lack of understanding. If anything I'm being smarter in terms of manipulating the grading system of certain classes to my benefit. There's always an easy way around a "hard" class. :twisted:

-Tish-

Spot on. Why take the hard way, when you could just... not.

nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

Don't think I ever cheated on a test. And I like writing essays, so I don't really have a need to cheat.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

College students who brag about cheating amuse me. "Ha, I cheated in this class I paid 400 dollars to take. I'm so cool."

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Tish-
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] But if you were really smart, you wouldn't need to :orawsavon

How do you cheat in math...just put the formulas in your calculator? If so, that only works so far...eventually they just give the formulas because the rest is so complex

Well for example, I took this Trigonometry and Analysis class in high school. The teacher used a stupid grading system where he would let us exchange assignments with the other students to grade. Naturally, we all gave each other good scores, whether or not the work was right. And he never looked at the papers himself. So for me, when the tests rolled around, he would give us a practice test that had the EXACT SAME structure as the real test. I just memorized how to do on the day we had to review before the test, and used it on the actual test the next day. I got through that class with an A without doing hardly any work. And it was reputable for being one of the toughest classes in school.
darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts

I suck at writing, I don't want my GPA to drop because of stupid classes (that Optometry programs make you take in college before you apply), my friends suck even more at writing, ran out of people to help me. do the math.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]Yeah but I'd much rather use an easier path if possible, especially in math classes. -Tish-

Well for example, I took this Trigonometry and Analysis class in high school. The teacher used a stupid grading system where he would let us exchange assignments with the other students to grade. Naturally, we all gave each other good scores, whether or not the work was right. And he never looked at the papers himself. So for me, when the tests rolled around, he would give us a practice test that had the EXACT SAME structure as the real test. I just memorized how to do on the day we had to review before the test, and used it on the actual test the next day. I got through that class with an A without doing hardly any work. And it was reputable for being one of the toughest classes in school.

But math builds on itself...what happens when you get to college and you lack the knowledge to succeed and where it is more difficult to cheat...not to mention the increased severity of the consequences (automatic F + possible expulsion)
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

yep. one time though. i was barely passing with a 72 average so i had to cheat on a Math Final and got a 90.

sonic__323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 sonic__323
Member since 2007 • 23684 Posts

No it's just not right.