Hate being short, what to do?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts
I'm an 18 year old and I'm only about 5'9. My older brother is 5'10 1/2, and my younger brother who is 15 is only about half an inch shorter than me. While I feel about average for an "adult"I feel extremly short compared to most other people my age. For example, as a former senior in high school, most kids in my class were about 5'10-5'11, most people at the university I will be attending are about 5'11-6 foot. Also as a black British born student studying and living in America I feel extremly short compared to other black American university students. I'm towered over by virtually all of them. It seems Americans are even taller than British teenagers. How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Nothing. Learn to live with it
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'm the same height as you. Haven't met a girl I liked that was taller. Couldn't a give a toss about other guys.
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GrannyGoat
Member since 2010 • 1190 Posts

How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?crazyguy111
go to the gym and get ripped, brah

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"] How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?GrannyGoat

Having firm manboobs won't make him look taller. Dwarvish, maybe.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts
Broaden your shoulders, find a short girlfriend, develop a sense of humor about it, and embrace it.

5'9" isn't that short, though.
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrannyGoat

[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"] How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?SolidSnake35

yea but he can acquire dat der aesthetics

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"] How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?SolidSnake35

Getting some upper body mass does reduce how small you look, especially if you broaden your upper body.
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Shin and forearm extensions would work.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

S-DEMONIA-OUTLAW-101-SHOES-2T.jpg.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
5'9" is ridiculous, you're a freak, you will never be loved
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

5'9" is ridiculous, you're a freak, you will never be lovedWolfattheDoor34

yah, pretty much.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

Shin and forearm extensions would work.

Necrifer
The head coach I worked with this summer is the first person I ever met who got shin extensions. Her left one snapped in half a couple years ago and now she can't put weight on it.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

5'9" isn't exactly short.  It could be worse...you could have been 4 feet tall--or even shorter than that.  There's nothing more miserable that spending your whole life at crotch level, I imagine. 

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Get real, you are not short. You may not be as tall as you wish you were and shorter than people you know, but you are average height. Why do you even feel insecure about your height in the first place? You should be thankful you aren't actually short as it's much harder for men. Kevin Hart is maybe 5'4", but he deals with it and really his personality makes him much taller. I would advise you to work on your confidence than worry about a few inches of height that most people won't notice.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Keep whining. I am sure it will really help with the ladies!

Seriously though, we are whining about being 5'9 at 18? I am 5'3 and am 24 years old, bout to be 25 in less than 4 months. Essentially everyone else but 1 cousin of mine on my Dad's side is 6 foot plus and even when I was a child I was supposed to be tall as hell, but then I fell off the growth chart over the years.

Get over yourself and learn to ACCEPT yourself or life will be tough for you. God 5'9 is a perfectly fine height man ESPECIALLY at 18 and if some broad is going to try and act like your height makes you not good enough then she ain't worth the time. God my GF is 5'6 and she is fine with my height...

GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GrannyGoat

Get real, you are not short. You may not be as tall as you wish you were and shorter than people you know, but you are average height. Why do you even feel insecure about your height in the first place? You should be thankful you aren't actually short as it's much harder for men. Kevin Hart is maybe 5'4", but he deals with it and really his personality makes him much taller. I would advise you to work on your confidence than worry about a few inches of height that most people won't notice.Kurushio
I blame females who all want a man 6 feet or over for giving dudes mental complexes

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Move to Indonesia and feel like a giant.  The average male height there is 5'2" according to Wikipedia. :lol:

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Be happy you arent shorter.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

You are about average for an American.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I'm an 18 year old and I'm only about 5'9. My older brother is 5'10 1/2, and my younger brother who is 15 is only about half an inch shorter than me. While I feel about average for an "adult"I feel extremly short compared to most other people my age. For example, as a former senior in high school, most kids in my class were about 5'10-5'11, most people at the university I will be attending are about 5'11-6 foot. Also as a black British born student studying and living in America I feel extremly short compared to other black American university students. I'm towered over by virtually all of them. It seems Americans are even taller than British teenagers. How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?crazyguy111

Since when is 5'9" short?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
You can take Human Growth Hormone to increase your height if your human growth plates haven't locked up yet. Deadlifting can also increase posture, which gives the illusion of height.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fightingfan

Get some of this, but it's expensive.

p6hb.jpg

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattbbpl

5'9" isn't exactly short.  It could be worse...you could have been 4 feet tall--or even shorter than that.  There's nothing more miserable that spending your whole life at crotch level, I imagine. 

Hallenbeck77

SMH :lol:

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan

Hallenbeck77
German ladies probably kewl with it.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Get some of this, but it's expensive.

p6hb.jpg

Fightingfan

You have a hormone deficiency or something?

GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GrannyGoat

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"]I'm an 18 year old and I'm only about 5'9. My older brother is 5'10 1/2, and my younger brother who is 15 is only about half an inch shorter than me. While I feel about average for an "adult"I feel extremly short compared to most other people my age. For example, as a former senior in high school, most kids in my class were about 5'10-5'11, most people at the university I will be attending are about 5'11-6 foot. Also as a black British born student studying and living in America I feel extremly short compared to other black American university students. I'm towered over by virtually all of them. It seems Americans are even taller than British teenagers. How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?Netherscourge

a lot of shallow 5'2 sloot consider it short

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fightingfan

You have a hormone deficiency or something?Optical_Order
I don't take human growth hormone. I just got it for free from my doctor, and it's like a $700 drug so WTF might as well take it. 

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

mattbbpl

SMH :lol:

This just reminds me, I worked at a nursing home (left that one and am starting at a new one tomorrow!) and during my last days there, there was a gentleman on one of the halls who was maybe 3 foot tall and he was on a ventilattor...

I felt bad for the guy because he seemed nice. Some people unfortunately just get really ****** hands in life....

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]You have a hormone deficiency or something?Fightingfan

I don't take human growth hormone. I just got it for free from my doctor, and it's like a $700 drug so WTF might as well take it. 

lol, yeah I'd probably take it too then. 

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

[QUOTE="crazyguy111"]I'm an 18 year old and I'm only about 5'9. My older brother is 5'10 1/2, and my younger brother who is 15 is only about half an inch shorter than me. While I feel about average for an "adult"I feel extremly short compared to most other people my age. For example, as a former senior in high school, most kids in my class were about 5'10-5'11, most people at the university I will be attending are about 5'11-6 foot. Also as a black British born student studying and living in America I feel extremly short compared to other black American university students. I'm towered over by virtually all of them. It seems Americans are even taller than British teenagers. How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?GrannyGoat

I always SMH when I come across those super short girls who demand a giant for a BF. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I remember seeing like 5'1 girls on OKCupid back when I was trying to find someone and they would state they wanted a guy who was 6 foot or taller.

Like seriously how the hell would that work out? Such a huge height varience just seems like it would complicate things to me.,..

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Grow, dumbass.

GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrannyGoat

[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

LostProphetFLCL

I always SMH when I come across those super short girls who demand a giant for a BF. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I remember seeing like 5'1 girls on OKCupid back when I was trying to find someone and they would state they wanted a guy who was 6 foot or taller.

Like seriously how the hell would that work out? Such a huge height varience just seems like it would complicate things to me.,..

women are extremely shallow. i always laugh when a woman says men are shallow..usually they are talking about a man wanting a thin, in shape woman. which is achievable. yet getting taller is out of a man's hand entirely yet sloots demand tall guys. 

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Get real, you are not short. You may not be as tall as you wish you were and shorter than people you know, but you are average height. Why do you even feel insecure about your height in the first place? You should be thankful you aren't actually short as it's much harder for men. Kevin Hart is maybe 5'4", but he deals with it and really his personality makes him much taller. I would advise you to work on your confidence than worry about a few inches of height that most people won't notice.GrannyGoat

I blame females who all want a man 6 feet or over for giving dudes mental complexes

I agree. Mostly male height only matters to females and it's the #1 thing females look for online. It doesn't matter if the girl is 5ft flat or 5'8", pretty much all would choose a 6ft guy over an all around better guy a few inches shorter. It's a preference just as most guys like women that are thinner, but guys have no control over their height and at least most women can lose weight. Personality can make someone seem much taller. Kevin Hart is maybe 5'4", but his personality is of a much bigger guy and i'm sure a lot of 6ft tall guys would give up a few inches to be as funny as he is. Still 5'9" is a pretty normal height and in real life most women would be fine with that height and there is nothing that being that height would stop you from doing.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Fightingfan

I guess, but after awhile, it'd drive anyone to insanity sooner or later.  Imagine being stuck waiting in line during the summer and only 3 foot 2, smelling nothing but ass crack, ball sack & rancid cooch. 

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I'm 5'6" get a life...

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Hallenbeck77

I guess, but after awhile, it'd drive anyone to insanity sooner or later.  Imagine being stuck waiting in line during the summer and only 3 foot 2, smelling nothing but ass crack, ball sack & rancid cooch. 

Yeah being a dwarf would suck ass.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]a lot of shallow 5'2 sloot consider it short

GrannyGoat

women are extremely shallow. i always laugh when a woman says men are shallow..usually they are talking about a man wanting a thin, in shape woman. which is achievable. yet getting taller is out of a man's hand entirely yet sloots demand tall guys. 

Girls are shallow, women are not.

Those dumb girls who act like you were saying either grow up and become a mature women or end up staying stuck in their immature girl mentality.

If I can get a GF then obviously there are women out there who are NOT shallow, lol.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

5'9 isn't so bad. My brother got it pretty bad he is only 5'6 or 5'7.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
5"9 isnt that short. But deal with it son.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kurushio

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]a lot of shallow 5'2 sloot consider it short

GrannyGoat

If they can get tall guys then more power to them. There are quite a few tall guys that like to date only really short women. It's the same for a guy that only dates thinner women. I do agree that they are not interchangeable or fair, but it is what it is. It's kinda funny that many women online would technically not even date Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp or Tom Cruise or several other big name actors because they are not 6ft. The most common excuse is that they want a taller guy to make them feel protected, but then they date a 6ft twig lol. Even Wolverine in the movies is played by an actor nearly a foot taller than he is in the comics lol. He is a great actor and i doubt they could find an actor close to 5'3" that could do as good a job as Jackman, but still lol.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

5'9" isn't that short.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Once you become an adult (age 18 or so, right where you are) nobody really cares how tall you are. Some girls might not like it in terms of dating, but I think you'll be fine overall. Just live your life and don't let it bother you and I guarantee it won't cause you any problems.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

5'9" isn't even short lolol.  That's like average height.  Maybe half an inch shorter than average.  I'm 5'7" mate.  Seriously, if you really want buy a nice pair of casual dress shoes.  Those tend to have a bit of a lift, or heel, and you can wear em everywhere and look stylish.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#45 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3647 Posts

5'9 isn't so bad. My brother got it pretty bad he is only 5'6 or 5'7.

nooblet69
I hate being 5'7.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Platform shoes.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm an 18 year old and I'm only about 5'9. My older brother is 5'10 1/2, and my younger brother who is 15 is only about half an inch shorter than me. While I feel about average for an "adult"I feel extremly short compared to most other people my age. For example, as a former senior in high school, most kids in my class were about 5'10-5'11, most people at the university I will be attending are about 5'11-6 foot. Also as a black British born student studying and living in America I feel extremly short compared to other black American university students. I'm towered over by virtually all of them. It seems Americans are even taller than British teenagers. How can I overcome my insecurity about my height? Thoughts?crazyguy111

Go back across the pond away from these giants.

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

Get yolked.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kurushio
Only in in Germany, Sweden, Norway and other Norwegian countries would 5'9" even be considered to be a bit short. They are kinda giants compared to the rest of the world.
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

Attach bricks to your head and hang upside down from somewhere.