Happy Constitution Day

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MarkSmith
Member since 2002 • 31168 Posts

As today is a day honoring the founding document of our country, I can't help but think how far we've strayed from it. Now more than ever, it is important that we elect representatives who understand and respect this ever so important document.

Sadly, most of our current politicians view the Constititution as a nuisance, an outdated piece of paper. But not Ron Paul. Ron Paul has never voted for an unbalanced budget. He never votes to raise taxes or spend taxpayer money on nonessential programs. Ron Paul voted AGAINST the USA Patriot Act, and against the Real ID Act. Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war when the Democrats didn't have the guts to. Ron Paul is interested in the American people, not the Iraqi people. Ron Paul understands George Washington's advice that mingling with forign nations' affairs is a detriment. Ron Paul understands Ben Franklin's charge that he who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary security deserves neither.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

BOOOOOOORING!!! :D

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......:D
MarkSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 MarkSmith
Member since 2002 • 31168 Posts

The federal government who takes away our liberties and autonomy with outrageous spending, outrageous marginal tax rates, and things like the Patriot Act rely on people too bored to understand their country's laws.

Let's see how bored you guys are when you're working 9-5 and paying a 50% marginal tax rate to fund a Middle Eastern conflict and pay for a bridge in alaska that connects a deserted island to a town of 12 people.

cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts

Never heard of it

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
I'll always celebrate the Constitutional Convention.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Hmm, I see....I'm sorry to hear that. Happy constitution day...
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

The federal government who takes away our liberties and autonomy with outrageous spending, outrageous marginal tax rates, and things like the Patriot Act rely on people too bored to understand their country's laws.

Let's see how bored you guys are when you're working 9-5 and paying a 50% marginal tax rate to fund a Middle Eastern conflict and pay for a bridge in alaska that connects a deserted island to a town of 12 people.

MarkSmith

Where are we at right now? 34% marginal tax rate I do believe(or a bit less). All it means is that you work 3-4 months out of the year to fufill this unlawful Federal Income Tax which in turn is then used to fund the private motives of those pulling the strings in our government.

rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 rudyroundhead
Member since 2003 • 9612 Posts

MarkSmith

Were pretty close to 50% now if you count income tax, state tax, local tax, personal property tax and sales tax. I am guessin it's around 40 - 45% if you live in a state and city that collects local taxes.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Yes, the ACTUAL birthday of the USA! I consider Independence Day to be the day Independence boned America :P.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
[QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

Truth_Seekr

Where are we at right now? 34% marginal tax rate I do believe(or a bit less). All it means is that you work 3-4 months out of the year to fufill this unlawful Federal Income Tax which in turn is then used to fund the private motives of those pulling the strings in our government.

How is income tax unlawful now?
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:
rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rockon1215
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts
[QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

Truth_Seekr

How can it be unlawful if the people who create the laws passed a higher tax? And besides, in the constitution, it gives congress the power to do what is necessary and proper, like raising taxes. And what's with the government hate?
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

yoshi-lnex

Show me a law that says we have to pay it. Unless you're just used to it by now without asking questions that you assume it's legal and with merit.

rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rudyroundhead
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

Truth_Seekr

Show me a law that says we have to pay it. Unless you're just used to it by now without asking questions that you assume it's legal and with merit.

Legal or not you still go to jail for not paying it....tax evasion for the loss. :)

rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rudyroundhead
WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:gfile
We only really remember the holidays that get us out of work and school. The rest don't really count. :)
rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rockon1215

Truth_Seekr

It's called the 16th amendment

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:rudyroundhead
We only really remember the holidays that get us out of work and school. The rest don't really count. :)

An excuse for be lazy, is it?
cornlockes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cornlockes
Member since 2006 • 1852 Posts

WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:gfile

Not to mention some that month long. Like february-black history month

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rockon1215

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:cornlockes

I love how we chose the shortest month of the year to be black history month.
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

rudyroundhead

Legal or not you still go to jail for not paying it....tax evasion for the loss. :)

Take a case like that to court and have them find the law/rule/commitment for you, then watch the case get thrown out if you know how to present yourself. This whole country has taken a turn for the worse. Instead of being innocent until proven quilty, in most cases you're quilty until proven innocent.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yoshi-lnex

Truth_Seekr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

It's called the 16th amendment, have you ever actually read the constitution?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="cornlockes"]

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:rockon1215

And I love how white people don't even get a month. When we ask, slavery is brought up. Isn't pulling out the race card demeaning?

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
[QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="cornlockes"]

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:Video_Game_King

And I love how white people don't even get a month. When we ask, slavery is brought up. Isn't pulling out the race card demeaning?

People already celebrate stuff that white people did. :|

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rockon1215
[QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="cornlockes"]

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:Video_Game_King

white people get the other 11 months.
rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rudyroundhead

[QUOTE="rudyroundhead"][QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:gfile

An excuse for be lazy, is it?

Yep and federal government employees are the laziest of all. They get damn near every holiday off. Well not every but they get a hell of alot more than people working in private industry. :(

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

rockon1215

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

Of course. The authority of the federal government to collect its income tax depends on the 16th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the federal income tax amendment which was allegedly ratified in 1913, along with the creation of the Federal Reserve.(coincidence?)

Article V of the Constitution requires 3/4 to ratify any amendment proposed by Congress. I believeback then there were only 48 states in this American Union thing back in 1913, which in turn meant that the affirmative action of at least 36 states was required for ratification. Well a claim was made by Philander Knox stating the 38 states had ratified the amendment. Upon extensive research, you will find that only 2 states had successfully ratified the 16th Amendment.

This Knox character committed FRAUD on us Americans in order to successfully please his leading henchmen in the privately owned Federal Reserve. Innocent citizens are being harrassed and jailed by the IRS over a law that never was!

There is no constitutional basis for a tax on the wages on the Americans living and working in the 50+ states

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rockon1215
[QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

Truth_Seekr

Of course. The authority of the federal government to collect its income tax depends on the 16th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the federal income tax amendment which was allegedly ratified in 1913, along with the creation of the Federal Reserve.(coincidence?)

Article V of the Constitution requires 3/4 to ratify any amendment proposed by Congress. I believeback then there were only 48 states in this American Union thing back in 1913, which in turn meant that the affirmative action of at least 36 states was required for ratification. Well a claim was made by Philander Knox stating the 38 states had ratified the amendment. Upon extensive research, you will find that only 2 states had successfully ratified the 16th Amendment.

This Knox character committed FRAUD on us Americans in order to successfully please his leading henchmen in the privately owned Federal Reserve. Innocent citizens are being harrassed and jailed by the

for a tax on the wages on the Americans living and working in the 50+ states

That's so idiotic I'm not even going to respond with an argument.
cornlockes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cornlockes
Member since 2006 • 1852 Posts
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="cornlockes"]

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:rockon1215

I think March is Spanish heritige month

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rockon1215
[QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="cornlockes"]

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:cornlockes

I think March is Spanish heritige month

10 months, my bad. That's still 5/6 of the year.
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="rockon1215"]

rockon1215

This Knox character committed FRAUD on us Americans in order to successfully please his leading henchmen in the privately owned Federal Reserve. Innocent citizens are being harrassed and jailed by the IRS over a law that never was!

There is no constitutional basis for a tax on the wages on the Americans living and working in the 50+ states

Why is it idiotic? You're arguing back with that response of yours that attempts to shut me down right down right away in a condescending manner. So I have to ask.....Have you really looked into it, or are you just blindly following the system and u wont "waste your time" looking into it because you might find out that you're being duped along with the most of this nation?

Which is it?

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MarkSmith"]

Truth_Seekr

Uh huh......and the government is responsible for 911 too right?

Where are your sources that say that only two states ratified the consitution?

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Truth_Seekr

yoshi-lnex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

It's called the 16th amendment, have you ever actually read the constitution?

I studied it for a number of years. Not as long as others have here at GameSpot and other forums I go on, but enough(or so I'd like to think).

Basically your income tax pays off the national debt this country is in. Our government is borrowing money from the Federal Reserve *private bank* and paying interest on it. I truely believe we should give the printing of money back to congress, do away the federal reserve so we don't have to pay the federal income tax

The Federal Reserve was just the cap on this whole entire American Revolution, and it's been haulted ever since.

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rockon1215
[QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="rockon1215"]

Truth_Seekr

Why is it idiotic? You're arguing back with that response of yours that attempts to shut me down right down right away in a condescending manner. So I have to ask.....Have you really looked into it, or are you just blindly following the system and u wont "waste your time" looking into it because you might find out that you're being duped along with the most of this nation?

Which is it?

I'm saying that argument is so idiotic I shouldn't have to respond to it no one should respond that to it, It is an argument that shouldn't happen.
whos_next000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 whos_next000
Member since 2006 • 11892 Posts
This Ron paul guy is sounding more appealing every time I hear him.
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="rockon1215"]

rockon1215

Which is it?

I'm saying that argument is so idiotic I shouldn't have to respond to it no one should respond that to it, It is an argument that shouldn't happen.

The Federal Reserve Actshould've never had been passed so that we wouldn't be in adamn near 10 trillion dollar debt just because the Fed Res prints and loans out the money to us. However, it did come to fruition, and so now, this argument/discussion shall as well. It's inevtiable.

-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Rail_Man-
Member since 2007 • 1508 Posts

meach!! my civics teacher wouldnt shut up about it.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
My professor did some lame things today, mostly supporting how dumb some of my peers are...:(
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="rockon1215"] It's called the 16th amendment

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."yoshi-lnex

You're damn right my government was responsible for 9-11. How is that not evident? Oh that's right....TERRORISTS!! Some guys living in caves were able to execute such an elaborate attack on our soil which is embedded with the most powerful military/intelligence service in the world, right? Gimme a f*****g break!!

If I post the links/references/books etc., will you look into them? Most likely not. I put a link....you'll say "Anyone can put anything on the internet" I name a book/article....you'll say "I'm not wasting my time on a bunch of crap" etc.

It's damn near predictable.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
I just watched 2 professors on our campus re-enact a debate between Alexander Hamilton and Patrick Henry on whether or not to revise to Constitution to appease the Anti-Federalists. It was very funny. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts

Truth_Seekr

"The Sixteenth Amendment provides that Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes on income, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration. U.S. Const. amend. XVI. The Sixteenth Amendment was ratified by forty states, including Ohio (which became a state in 1803; see Bowman v. United States, 920 F. Supp. 623 n.1 (E.D. Pa. 1995) (discussing the 1953 joint Congressional resolution that confirmed Ohio's status as a state retroactive to 1803), and issued by proclamation in 1913. Shortly thereafter, two other states also ratified the 9th mendment.

Under Article V of the Constitution, only three-fourths of the states are needed to ratify an Amendment. There were enough states ratifying the Sixteenth Amendment even without Ohio to complete the number needed for ratification. Furthermore, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the income tax laws enacted subsequent to ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment in Brushaber v. Union Pacific R.R., 240 U.S. 1 (1916). Since that time, the courts have consistently upheld the constitutionality of the federal income tax.

In November 2004, the Justice Department filed a civil injunction complaint against William Benson, asking the court to bar Mr. Benson from selling a fraudulent tax scheme and from unlawfully interfering with the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Benson's tax scheme relies on the frivolous position that the Sixteenth Amendment was never ratified."

http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/txdv04752.html

Any other non-sense?

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

LukeAF24

"The Sixteenth Amendment provides that Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes on income, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration. U.S. Const. amend. XVI. The Sixteenth Amendment was ratified by forty states, including Ohio (which became a state in 1803; see Bowman v. United States, 920 F. Supp. 623 n.1 (E.D. Pa. 1995) (discussing the 1953 joint Congressional resolution that confirmed Ohio's status as a state retroactive to 1803), and issued by proclamation in 1913. Shortly thereafter, two other states also ratified the 9th mendment.

Under Article V of the Constitution, only three-fourths of the states are needed to ratify an Amendment. There were enough states ratifying the Sixteenth Amendment even without Ohio to complete the number needed for ratification. Furthermore, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the income tax laws enacted subsequent to ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment in Brushaber v. Union Pacific R.R., 240 U.S. 1 (1916). Since that time, the courts have consistently upheld the constitutionality of the federal income tax.

In November 2004, the Justice Department filed a civil injunction complaint against William Benson, asking the court to bar Mr. Benson from selling a fraudulent tax scheme and from unlawfully interfering with the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Benson's tax scheme relies on the frivolous position that the Sixteenth Amendment was never ratified."

http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/txdv04752.html

Any other non-sense?

I could bring up cases like PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS vs. GAYLON L. HARRELL; Case Number 97CF89 in the Circuit Court of the Twentieth Judicial Circuit, St. Clair County, Illinois

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
Did Ron Paul pay you for this?
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Truth_Seekr

Did Ron Paul pay you for this?GettingTired

Ron Paul pays for support with his integrity and standpoint on bringing out the truth to the People of the United States of America.

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]Did Ron Paul pay you for this?Truth_Seekr

Ron Paul pays for support with his integrity and standpoint on bringing out the truth to the People of the United States of America.

:lol:
I'm sorry. I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but Ron Paul supporters are pretty dedicated and zealous, huh? Any oppertunity a Ron Paul supporter gets, he takes.
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]Did Ron Paul pay you for this?GettingTired

:lol:
I'm sorry. I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but Ron Paul supporters are pretty dedicated and zealous, huh? Any oppertunity a Ron Paul supporter gets, he takes.

C :)

reddevilyi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 reddevilyi
Member since 2006 • 740 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="rockon1215"] It's called the 16th amendment

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."Truth_Seekr

You're damn right my government was responsible for 9-11. How is that not evident? Oh that's right....TERRORISTS!! Some guys living in caves were able to execute such an elaborate attack on our soil which is embedded with the most powerful military/intelligence service in the world, right? Gimme a f*****g break!!

If I post the links/references/books etc., will you look into them? Most likely not. I put a link....you'll say "Anyone can put anything on the internet" I name a book/article....you'll say "I'm not wasting my time on a bunch of crap" etc.

It's damn near predictable.

Credibility = gone

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Same to you, Mark. Nice Ron Paul hype. :P
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="rockon1215"][QUOTE="cornlockes"]

[QUOTE="gfile"]WTF? You Americans celebrate 365 days in year..:idea:.How can you even remember them all?:question:DeeJayInphinity

People already celebrate stuff that white people did. :|

But we don't get an entire month. And black people get holidays out of February. Martin Luther King Jr Day, Kwanzaa.....OK, those were actually invented by white people, but they still count :P!