Girls are more critical when it comes to looks.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
I think they are. I rarely ever see a good looking chick with a ugly guy. Though it's not the same the other way around, I see it lots of times. What do you think?
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

I think they are. I rarely ever see a good looking chick with a ugly guy. Though it's not the same the other way around, I see it lots of times. What do you think?Ilived

I agree.

The way guys talk about hot girls makes girls think that we have extremely high standards, when really our standards aren't that high at all.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I see tons of smoking hot chicks with ugly dudes. There are tons though that will go out with a hot dude no matter how much of an ass he is to them
RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 RiSkyBiZ-13
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts

I think they are. I rarely ever see a good looking chick with a ugly guy. Though it's not the same the other way around, I see it lots of times. What do you think?Ilived

Quite the opposite. Women take personality into account much more than men do. I've seen ugly guys with beautiful women plenty of times, never the other way around...

Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts

I see tons of smoking hot chicks with ugly dudes. There are tons though that will go out with a hot dude no matter how much of an ass he is to themScarface_tm431

yea.... you are right.

I think everyone has it all mixed up. I've seen so many women with ugly dudes and they seem like they are having a greaaaaaat time.

I personally think that women have it harder... because just listen to how we men are... in another thread someone just dissed a female model because the rest of her pics weren't as good as one of em.

How many girls have you thought were hawt when they came to school with their hair out of place or ragged clothes...

My point exactly

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It's impossible to generalize that broadly. Many women don't care about how a guy looks at all, many in this world find an emotional attraction more important than a physical one. True, there are many superficial people but when you really get down to it, not everyone is the same.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilived"]I think they are. I rarely ever see a good looking chick with a ugly guy. Though it's not the same the other way around, I see it lots of times. What do you think?RiSkyBiZ-13

Quite the opposite. Women take personality into account much more than men do. I've seen ugly guys with beautiful women plenty of times, never the other way around...

I agree. I think guys are more critical when dating.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"]I see tons of smoking hot chicks with ugly dudes. There are tons though that will go out with a hot dude no matter how much of an ass he is to themAkm4everz

yea.... you are right.

I think everyone has it all mixed up. I've seen so many women with ugly dudes and they seem like they are having a greaaaaaat time.

I personally think that women have it harder... because just listen to how we men are... in another thread someone just dissed a female model because the rest of her pics weren't as good as one of em.

How many girls have you thought were hawt when they came to school with their hair out of place or ragged clothes...

My point exactly

well one of the reasons i liked my ex so much is because she didnt need make-up to be beautiful. infact with make-up she didnt look as good

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts
[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]I think they are. I rarely ever see a good looking chick with a ugly guy. Though it's not the same the other way around, I see it lots of times. What do you think?siberian142

I agree. I think guys are more critical when dating.

Yeah, a lot of women would date a guy even if he wasn't what many would consider to be handsome as long as he had a great personality and treated her right. How many men would do the same and date an "ugly" girl? Maybe I'll get flamed but I'm going to be honest: I wouldn't.
premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 premier111
Member since 2007 • 986 Posts

woah guys woah. I saw the answer this very question weeks ago on a tv program. They tested thousands of English people for an average good looking guy/girl and what everyone thought of them.

Girls tend to be more critical when it comes to looks about themselves ranking themselves lower than the men.

However, the girls were also harsher judges when judging the men than vice versa.

Since you cant generalize a population, I will say out of that huge sample size a common occurence..occured, and I am only stating that.

I have no idea when it comes to dating who is more critical, that information explained above was on first impressions.

I would guess that after the first impression, it goes to personality inside, which the girls would look at less critically and the guys more so, seeing as they cant seem to be critical on both sides. but that's just imo

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RiSkyBiZ-13

It's impossible to generalize that broadly. Many women don't care about how a guy looks at all, many in this world find an emotional attraction more important than a physical one. True, there are many superficial people but when you really get down to it, not everyone is the same.foxhound_fox

It's very possible to generalize that broadly. Generalizations aren't on terms of 100%, they're simply speaking of the majority. In my 22 years of experience, women are much more critical then men- most will agree with me.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It's very possible to generalize that broadly. Generalizations aren't on terms of 100%, they're simply speaking of the majority. In my 22 years of experience, women are much more critical then men- most will agree with me.RiSkyBiZ-13

Out of the women I know personally nearly all of them prefer emotional attractiveness to physical attractiveness. I guess I must live in a different society... must be us Canadians and being all weird.
RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RiSkyBiZ-13

[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]It's very possible to generalize that broadly. Generalizations aren't on terms of 100%, they're simply speaking of the majority. In my 22 years of experience, women are much more critical then men- most will agree with me.foxhound_fox

Out of the women I know personally nearly all of them prefer emotional attractiveness to physical attractiveness. I guess I must live in a different society... must be us Canadians and being all weird.

LMFAO my bad, I meant to say "men are more critical than women," I was disagreeing with TC. Sorry.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ilived

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]It's very possible to generalize that broadly. Generalizations aren't on terms of 100%, they're simply speaking of the majority. In my 22 years of experience, women are much more critical then men- most will agree with me.RiSkyBiZ-13

LMFAO my bad, I meant to say "men are more critical than women," I was disagreeing with TC. Sorry.

You can't change your mind now!

RiSkyBiZ-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RiSkyBiZ-13
[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]It's very possible to generalize that broadly. Generalizations aren't on terms of 100%, they're simply speaking of the majority. In my 22 years of experience, women are much more critical then men- most will agree with me.Ilived

You can't change your mind now!

Scroll up to the fourth post (mine), I didn't change my mind. It was a typo- I'm tired.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
thats because most girls subconciously make an assumption about what a guy will be like just off of his his looks before they ever talk to them, obviously guys can change that opinion but some times it can be hard to do
criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts

Ehh, I go to a rich, preppy, skanky, white school. But surprisngly all the ugly dudes me and my friends make fun of are getting some of the hottest chicks... It's crazy...

They actually pay attention to.... PERSONALITY?! =o

Avatar image for DerkaDerkaJihad
DerkaDerkaJihad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DerkaDerkaJihad
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts
Who cares about looks, all women care about is the size of a man's penis
Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
well duh!
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ilived
I don't know where you guys are getting your facts from, but haven't you seen the way a girl judges another girl? Proof right there.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
It's the other way around, actually.
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

i see hot chicks with ugly dudes all the time

girls are more interested in alphamaleness

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
truth is, women will go out with anything. It doesnt even have to be a guy
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#25 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Think women are more critical of their own looks - all the things they do to be attractive - makeup, jewelry, sexier clothing, heels, hairstyles. And sometimes its for guys to notice them more, others for themselves, and of course to look better than certain other women.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
not at all ive seen plenty of guys who look like slobs get good looking girls. My best friend for example got two really hot chicks one after the other and nearly married the second one and he looks like this
odyssey_divine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 odyssey_divine
Member since 2004 • 19295 Posts
I've seen loads of very pretty girls with ugly boys, but I feel that maybe because these ugly dudes have a lot of money which atomically attracts the girls.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I agree, I have only seen a few instances when an guy that wasn't very handsome was with a super model like girlfriend/wife.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

OKokookokok heres the answer: Us men are pigs....and thats how we like it

Women get all spruced up to look good no matter what. aaaannnddd men do not necessarily

therefore there are so many more women who look good to men than there are men who look good to women

Gg.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
That's not true about all women. I believe personality has a lot more to do with it than looks.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

I've seen it go both ways. Most women are actually attracted to that alpha-male bull***, so if you're getting desperate, you might consider just selling out (unless you're one of them already, in which case you'd be beyond saving). As long as you're not Brian Peppers ugly, a strong alpha-male attitude will get you what you want.

If you don't like this plan cause it makes you a fake, don't even worry about it. The chicks you're trying to pick up with that will be too.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I think both sexes are guilty of it to some extent, but I definitely think men are more guilty of it than women are... That's just from personal experience though.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Well looks are subjective. So what you think is good looking or not is very different for someone else. Anyway, according to a world wide study...men rank looks number one. Women rank sense of humor and intelligence one and two. So there ya go...
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#34 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
I think it goes both ways equally. Some girls are rather critical of looks and thats why there relationships dont last long while others are more concerned about personality and friendship.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
Like some people have said, it goes both ways...I just know that where I live, it's the girls who are extremely critical.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

I rarely ever see a good looking chick with a ugly guy.Ilived

I have...quite a lot actually.....

my good looks are coming to waste :(

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I've always thought the oppisite. I think girls are less critical of a guy's looks. Of course, that is a very general statement, and there are many exceptions.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

In my experience I've always ranked intelligence and sense of humour first when looking for a man. Being a woman I can say there's so much pressure to look perfect on girls and sometimes that can get a bit too much. Obviously I'm not saying there isn't any pressure for guys to look good, because there is, but women seem to get it a bit more. I can easily pick a thousand faults with myself and self confidence can be quite lacking at times. I think that's why girls make more of an effort, because they can see things wrong with them, look at role models and attempt to fix it. It's sad but true...

And a little more on topic lol :) I've seen plenty of good looking girls with less attractive guys, but I've also seen lots the other way around. I think it swings both ways. I think girls are more critical of looks when it comes to themselves rather than on finding a partner.

plague32390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 plague32390
Member since 2003 • 1765 Posts
Yeah, but see women lie also, so they say thoes kinds of things as not to seem superficial.
Avatar image for ChicaQueenWarGa
ChicaQueenWarGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 ChicaQueenWarGa
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
Depends on the girl.
sentencedogu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sentencedogu
Member since 2006 • 3823 Posts
that changes after they turn 30....then they'll dig for money even more....
Avatar image for DerkaDerkaJihad
DerkaDerkaJihad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DerkaDerkaJihad
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts
If you see a really hot girl with an ugly or half decent guy, he either A. Has a-lot of money, B. Has a big penis or C. Has a-lot of money and a big penis
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
I think it might be the other way around.
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
At the very LEAST girls are much more critical of OTHER GIRLS appearances then men are. I have heard women pick others apart based on body parts and such.....
-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts
The saying goes "Guys see with their eyes, women see with their ears."
KHfanboy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KHfanboy2
Member since 2007 • 42258 Posts
Depends on the girl.ChicaQueenWarGa
This
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'm very picky with who I'll consider attractive so it's not something I can judge anyone on. >_>
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

I don't know where you guys are getting your facts from, but haven't you seen the way a girl judges another girl? Proof right there.Ilived
Envy is truly amazing. When one judges, they judge either because of a) envious of another girl and how she looks or b) they were raised to judge others before getting to know the person.

If you think about it, when you're dating a girl and she's wearing make up, and you think she's beautiful, you'll go mad (insane). However, you'd end up dumping her if she didn't wear makeup for one day and she didn't look as beautiful as you thought she did.

If that is true, who is critical when it comes to looks now?

(note: I know not all guys are like this. Just from the posts that I've seen the from TC in previous threads, I asked him that question.)

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
If you're not desperate you can be picky..male or female...
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

If you see a really hot girl with an ugly or half decent guy, he either A. Has a-lot of money, B. Has a big penis or C. Has a-lot of money and a big penisDerkaDerkaJihad

Or God forbid, the hot girl likes him for being a genuinely good dude that can be better for her than hot guy.

I stand by that as my case anyway!