Getting Handbrake Files Out Of iTunes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matisrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 matisrock
Member since 2007 • 679 Posts

I recently ripped some of my friend's home videos to my computer using Handbrake in order to do some clean-up and editing. After ripping them, I played one video three separate times, and now there is a file for each play in my iTunes library--the original VOS, a VOS_1, and a VOS_2. I deleted the files themselves from the iTunes folder on the hard drive, but they still appear in the library. Is there any way I can get them out of there?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Delete them... You're better off just pressing delete in iTunes then when it pops up saying "Would you like to delete from library also" choose yes please. Those files won't actually work from your library now anyway, try playing one, it'll come up saying it can't find the file.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Can't you just delete them like you would be deleting a song from the library? Hold down the command key (apple button) and hit delete with it selected.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Can't you just delete them like you would be deleting a song from the library? Hold down the command key (apple button) and hit delete with it selected.spazzx625
Should be able to. If you delete the source file and then try to play a file in itunes, it just shows a "!" But you should just be able to delete that by 'right click, delete'
matisrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 matisrock

I did try deleting them the way I normally would, but pressing that key with the file highlighted in iTunes doesn't do anything.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
By home videos, what do you mean? His movies...you little pirate? or His 'home videos'...you little scoundrel :lol:
matisrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 matisrock

Okay, I took care of it...I was in the wrong part of the library. Common sense--it's good stuff. Thanks for your help.

And noooo, neither of those. It's all film of birthdays and Christmas, that kind of thing. He wanted transitions and titles.