Gaza rocket barrage strikes southern Israel

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

People pls, 1 international crisis at a time.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

if we could stop throwing bottle rockets at each other, that'd be great

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

What a huge clusterf*** that place is.

Though hardly an international crisis, Hamas keeps bombing, Israel keeps going psycho. And to be honest I can't really disagree with Israel, all of its neighbors were pushing their luck, and their luck ran out and Israel broke their face in. Don't poke a lion with a stick and expect it to do nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Everyone's humor made me not worry about the crisis as much

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
@deeliman said:

People pls, 1 international crisis at a time.

this is way too frequent of an occurrence to be categorised as an international crisis

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Yea for some time there has been a shitstorm in the cooking. Hamas has been marginalized and further isolated for a while after its stunt with Egypt and Syria and now its turning to violence with Israel to safe face and get back to the front of the regional scene and get some international attention. Also, its being financially squeezed again as a result of its stunt with Egypt and to a lesser extent with Syria. Too bad we're going to be dragged along into this and Hamas won't lose much in the process. Fascist deranged fucks.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deeliman

@GazaAli said:

Yea for some time there has been a shitstorm in the cooking. Hamas has been marginalized and further isolated for a while after its stunt with Egypt and Syria and now its turning to violence with Israel to safe face and get back to the front of the regional scene and get some international attention. Also, its being financially squeezed again as a result of its stunt with Egypt and to a lesser extent with Syria. Too bad we're going to be dragged along into this and Hamas won't lose much in the process. Fascist deranged fucks.

How many people in Gaza would you say disagree with hamas?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

I would say its a 50/50 split. But it must be pointed out that even among the 50% that do support Hamas, a considerable amount of them is not ideologically driven, they're rather "pragmatists". Their thinking is along the line of if Hamas controls the place then supporting them is the only way to have any prospect of a job, cash assistance, social support...etc and given how heavily isolated the strip is, they can't see another alternative to turn to. I personally would rather starve though and I've been unemployed for the last three years.

The thing about Gaza is that demography and geography play a huge role. The geographic depth of the place is puny so any organized group with sufficient firepower will easily establish its reign in there. Demography wise, the strip is home for a population of 1.7 million, and when you have half of them supporting the status quo, its impossible to do anything about it, its just not going to happen, it does not have the potential to happen on its own. The fact that we're completely shut out of the rest of the world and have zero access to the actual geographic depth of Palestinian territories, the west bank that also has the more liberal or "laid back" population, doesn't help at all. Add to that the suffocating Israeli blockade and you get the FUBAR situation that has been prevailing for years.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GazaAli

On topic, it must be pointed out that during the past few weeks I've repeatedly heard sounds of many airstrikes so yea Israel might be looking for some action too for God knows why.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deeliman

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

I would say its a 50/50 split. But it must be pointed out that even among the 50% that do support Hamas, a considerable amount of them is not ideologically driven, they're rather "pragmatists". Their thinking is along the line of if Hamas controls the place then supporting them is the only way to have any prospect of a job, cash assistance, social support...etc and given how heavily isolated the strip is, they can't see another alternative to turn to. I personally would rather starve though and I've been unemployed for the last three years.

The thing about Gaza is that demography and geography play a huge role. The geographic depth of the place is puny so any organized group with sufficient firepower will easily establish its reign in there. Demography wise, the strip is home for a population of 1.7 million, and when you have half of them supporting the status quo, its impossible to do anything about it, its just not going to happen, it does not have the potential to happen on its own. The fact that we're completely shut out of the rest of the world and have zero access to the actual geographic depth of Palestinian territories, the west bank that also has the more liberal or "laid back" population, doesn't help at all. Add to that the suffocating Israeli blockade and you get the FUBAR situation that has been prevailing for years.

I see , it's quite the predicament. Most people in the west (at least, in the netherlands) only want to interfere diplomatically. They are extremely weary of war, so they'll never support military action. The best you could hope for is that the western countries help to bring peace between Isreal and Gaza, but even that is nigh impossible because neither side wants to concede anything.

Btw, any progress on getting your visa?

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Oh my god, not this shit again...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GazaAli

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

I see , it's quite the predicament. Most people in the west (at least, in the netherlands) only want to interfere diplomatically. They are extremely weary of war, so they'll never support military action. The best you could hope for is that the western countries help to bring peace between Isreal and Gaza, but even that is nigh impossible because neither side wants to concede anything.

Military intervention is not really an option given the history and the landscapes of the conflict, irregardless of the willingness any international power anyway so yea not gonna happen either. And I was just today reading about the failure of the Dutch peacekeeping forces in Bosnia and Liberia in the near past so yea I understand what you're saying.

And no, no progress in getting a visa. To be honest I'm not trying for the time being, I'm focusing on other things that should keep me busy for a while. I recently turned some offer down but I can't go into much details so yea hopefully the near future will bring something. I've come to see the value of being a man with infinite patience.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Just send the tanks in.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#14  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@GazaAli so it is not just a name then? Well for what it is worth I respect your position. It is good to at least see an unbiased view toward the whole thing for what it is from someone experiencing it first hand. Stay safe. No bullshitting here. I can disagree with you on shit but I don't wish what you are living on anyone....well almost anyone.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Gaza LOL !

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vfibsux

@indzman said:

Gaza LOL !

Hard time getting that post count up?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 indzman

@vfibsux said:

@indzman said:

Gaza LOL !

My post count is pretty high ^_^

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vfibsux

@indzman said:

@vfibsux said:

@indzman said:

Gaza LOL !

Obviously we can see why....

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@indzman said:

Gaza LOL !

I lol too ...... people there should shake up themself and watch beavis and butthead

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 indzman

@vfibsux said:

@indzman said:

@vfibsux said:

@indzman said:

Gaza LOL !

Obviously we can see why....

Good for you mister :)

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@chaplainDMK said:

No it's not. It's a great place.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GazaAli

@vfibsux said:

@GazaAli so it is not just a name then? Well for what it is worth I respect your position. It is good to at least see an unbiased view toward the whole thing for what it is from someone experiencing it first hand. Stay safe. No bullshitting here. I can disagree with you on shit but I don't wish what you are living on anyone....well almost anyone.

Well thank you, hopefully things will change some time in the near future.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

Nothing new here.......happens frequently and why I won't jump on the hate Israel band wagon.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@themajormayor said:

@chaplainDMK said:

Isn't that BluRay in your avatar or something? :D

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 themajormayor

@chaplainDMK said:

@themajormayor said:

@chaplainDMK said:

Isn't that BluRay in your avatar or something? :D

Yes it is indeed

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Why people still mess with Israel is completely beyond me. Every time in recent history that a country has picked a fight with Israel they lose, and they lose badly. You think someone would learn their lesson.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GazaAli

@ferrari2001 said:

Why people still mess with Israel is completely beyond me. Every time in recent history that a country has picked a fight with Israel they lose, and they lose badly. You think someone would learn their lesson.

Except for Egypt. And the Lebanese war was not pretty either. But yea, when you have the world's superpower as your bitch its to be expected that you will often win.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#28 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Except for Egypt. And the Lebanese war was not pretty either. But yea, when you have the world's superpower as your bitch its to be expected that you will often win.

Egypt why? About Lebanon i kind of agree. Hizbullah isn't stronger than the IDF but they pretty exhaust them much like the Vietcong was for the US.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RadecSupreme
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Oh **** off with the US bitch crap. Israel use their own training and own manpower and strategic decisions to destroy their opponents. Give credit where it's properly due instead of beating around the bush. And I have no idea what you mean about Egypt when Egypt got it's ass kicked in the Yom Kippur War in the end.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GazaAli

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

Egypt why? About Lebanon i kind of agree. Hizbullah isn't stronger than the IDF but they pretty exhaust them much like the Vietcong was for the US.

Its the only Israel neighboring country that has not been a total **** over the course of the past 65 years or so. It managed to reestablish its full sovereignty in 1973 after the defeat of 1967 and the fall of Sinai. The penetration of Bar Lev line was stuff of legend. You can't dismiss that Egypt has been a key player in regional conflicts and in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict too. I will also add its among the few, if not the only state with a respectable military establishment and intelligence agency in the region.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GazaAli

@RadecSupreme said:
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Oh **** off with the US bitch crap. Israel use their own training and own manpower and strategic decisions to destroy their opponents. Give credit where it's properly due instead of beating around the bush. And I have no idea what you mean about Egypt when Egypt got it's ass kicked in the Yom Kippur War in the end.

Sooooo, you want to tell me that the U.S had and currently has nothing to do with Israel's overall supremacy?

Carry on.

Oh and Egypt did return the favor in 1973. In the war of Sinai liberation the Egyptian army was ready to close in to Israel after the fall of Bar Lex line and the Nixon administration stepped in to broker a peace deal with Saddat. Yea the irony in light of your comment.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#32 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

Military intervention is not really an option given the history and the landscapes of the conflict, irregardless of the willingness any international power anyway so yea not gonna happen either. And I was just today reading about the failure of the Dutch peacekeeping forces in Bosnia and Liberia in the near past so yea I understand what you're saying.

And no, no progress in getting a visa. To be honest I'm not trying for the time being, I'm focusing on other things that should keep me busy for a while. I recently turned some offer down but I can't go into much details so yea hopefully the near future will bring something. I've come to see the value of being a man with infinite patience.

Fleeca
Fleeca

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RadecSupreme

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Sooooo, you want to tell me that the U.S had and currently has nothing to do with Israel's overall supremacy?

Carry on.

Oh and Egypt did return the favor in 1973. In the war of Sinai liberation the Egyptian army was ready to close in to Israel after the fall of Bar Lex line and the Nixon administration stepped in to broker a peace deal with Saddat. Yea the irony in light of your comment.

Sinai, you mean territory that was rightfully annexed after Egypt chose to attack Israel on a holiday? Funny you call it a liberation, they made a bet and lost boohoo. They were ready to close in Israel, you're right but they were just going to end up losing in the end. Nixon had to step in or it'd just be continuing the slaughter fest that is war.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GazaAli

@RadecSupreme said:

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Carry on.

Sinai, you mean territory that was rightfully annexed after Egypt chose to attack Israel on a holiday? Funny you call it a liberation, they made a bet and lost boohoo. They were ready to close in Israel, you're right but they were just going to end up losing in the end. Nixon had to step in or it'd just be continuing the slaughter fest that is war.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about and you so obviously have no idea about the region whatsoever.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GazaAli

@Kevlar101 said:

@GazaAli said:

Fleeca
Fleeca

Not following...I googled it and apparently its a bank in GTA V?

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@wis3boi said:

if we could stop throwing bottle rockets at each other, that'd be great

Love that movie

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@GazaAli said:

Fleeca
Fleeca

Not following...I googled it and apparently its a bank in GTA V?

Hmmmmm. I thought it was a parody of Visa.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

Its the only Israel neighboring country that has not been a total **** over the course of the past 65 years or so. It managed to reestablish its full sovereignty in 1973 after the defeat of 1967 and the fall of Sinai. The penetration of Bar Lev line was stuff of legend. You can't dismiss that Egypt has been a key player in regional conflicts and in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict too. I will also add its among the few, if not the only state with a respectable military establishment and intelligence agency in the region.

What? Egypt was not even close to regaining Sinai. Israel controlled more territory than they lost during that war.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RadecSupreme

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Carry on.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about and you so obviously have no idea about the region whatsoever.

Oh yes clearly, because I obviously don't read any news of the region or inform myself of history in the region(sarcasm). You sound like a very pissed off Arab that's been proven wrong.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GazaAli

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

What? Egypt was not even close to regaining Sinai. Israel controlled more territory than they lost during that war.

I'm not following, elaborate please.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GazaAli

@RadecSupreme said:

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Carry on.

Oh yes clearly, because I obviously don't read any news of the region or inform myself of history in the region(sarcasm). You sound like a very pissed off Arab that's been proven wrong.

Them goyim :3

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RadecSupreme

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@GazaAli said:

@RadecSupreme said:
@GazaAli said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Carry on.

Them goyim :3

lol I'm not Jewish or from Israel, but I tend to know the type that constantly hate on Israel. They are either Arabs or liberals. Never both at the same time though. lol

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

How is this reestablishing full sovereignty?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GazaAli

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

This is indeed Sinai post 1967 and its liberation was the whole point of the war of 1973 which is the point I was making. I'm not sure if I was ambiguous or unclear but here it is again.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

This is indeed Sinai post 1967 and its liberation was the whole point of the war of 1973 which is the point I was making. I'm not sure if I was ambiguous or unclear but here it is again.

No it's post 73

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GazaAli

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

No it's post 73

So Sinai has been Israeli soil for the past 40 years or so?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

No it's post 73

No Israel gave Sinai in 1979. That's when they "reestablished their full sovereignty". In the 1973 war they did manage to threaten Israel initially, but at the end Israel could've done whatever they wanted with them if the intl. community had not intervened.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

No it's post 73

How do you not know this?

At the end of the 73 war the majority of the Egyptian military forces in the sinai were either encircled or destroyed and Israel had its forces, which reached well past Sinai, into africa and to around 100~ km from Cairo (1600 sqr km of occupied territory west of the suez canal), held as a result of a soviet threat of invasion (with a Russian marines division and battleships headed to Haifa) and a diplomatic standoff with the US (not that Israel had the capacity to conquer well past what it did, considering man power limitations). Saadat actually fired his chief general, as a result.

Sinai was returned to Egypt in 79' per the peace treaty.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GazaAli

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

No it's post 73

No Israel gave Sinai in 1979. That's when they "reestablished their full sovereignty". In the 1973 war they did manage to threaten Israel initially, but at the end Israel could've done whatever they wanted with them if the intl. community had not intervened.

I've done some quick research and yes it seems that it took a while for that to happen. I stand corrected.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GazaAli

@pie-junior said:

@GazaAli said:

How do you not know this?

At the end of the 73 war the majority of the Egyptian military forces in the sinai were either encircled or destroyed and Israel had its forces, which reached well past Sinai, into africa and to around 100~ km from Cairo (1600 sqr km of occupied territory west of the suez canal), held as a result of a soviet threat of invasion (with a Russian marines division and battleships headed to Haifa) and a diplomatic standoff with the US (not that Israel had the capacity to conquer well past what it did, considering man power limitations). Saadat actually fired his chief general, as a result.

Sinai was returned to Egypt in 79' per the peace treaty.

I was reading on this just now and yes I was off. Your take pretty much sums it up rather realistically. Again I stand corrected.

I also came across some wild stuff saying that the whole thing was a sham. Its too late to go into details now though.