Gamespot's muslim community

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamer-Geek
Member since 2009 • 357 Posts

Any muslims on these forums? Feeling kinda lonely.... :(

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

There are quite a few actually.

Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamer-Geek

There are quite a few actually.

entropyecho

Thanks for that, I guess.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
quite a few, id say saudi fury the best muslim poster here
poseidonwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 poseidonwest
Member since 2010 • 675 Posts

My family is Muslim, but I don't practise it. I'm not a religious person but I still follow some of the rules I was raised with, such as no pork, alcohol etc. That might change when I go to university though ;)

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

quite a few, id say saudi fury the best muslim poster heresurrealnumber5

What about GazaAli? :(

Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamer-Geek

My family is Muslim, but I don't practise it. I'm not a religious person but I still follow some of the rules I was raised with, such as no pork, alcohol etc. That might change when I go to university though ;)

poseidonwest

You're missing out bro...

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts

Im Muslim :')

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 surrealnumber5

poseidonwest
i have an ex-muslim friend whos favorite sandwich is a BLT "hold the baccon". it cracks me up when ever he orders it.
poseidonwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 poseidonwest

[QUOTE="poseidonwest"]

Gamer-Geek

On what? Pork and alcohol? I think I can live without them...
flash_drive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flash_drive
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts

I am a follower of Islam, but I'm pretty casual about it.

Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gamer-Geek

[QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

[QUOTE="poseidonwest"]

poseidonwest

Nope on the whole islamic experience, Islam is peace bro.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
reporting for duty
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlindBluMonstah

poseidonwest
why would it change at uni, why not just do it now :P ?
MclovinKilledU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MclovinKilledU
Member since 2009 • 345 Posts

IM muslim

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]quite a few, id say saudi fury the best muslim poster hereentropyecho

My thoughts too, how could we forget him? Though i kind of feel bad for sneaking Alcohol into his 10k post party.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

[QUOTE="poseidonwest"][QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

sorry but peace is the act of not waring, islam has nothing to do with peace one way or the other.
poseidonwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 poseidonwest

Gamer-Geek
I'm still 'experiencing' it by following most of the teachings (mostly to make my family happy). I just don't pray.
MclovinKilledU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MclovinKilledU
Member since 2009 • 345 Posts

IM muslim

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]quite a few, id say saudi fury the best muslim poster hereentropyecho

i just stated my top guy in this sub community, i dont speek for any other man.
Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gamer-Geek

[QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

[QUOTE="poseidonwest"] On what? Pork and alcohol? I think I can live without them...surrealnumber5

sorry but peace is the act of not waring, islam has nothing to do with peace one way or the other.

Yes it does.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

There's at least one ;)

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

Gamer-Geek

Yes it does.

You could say that but there are thousands of jihadist who would disagree with you if they didn't shoot you first. And ImRussian Orthodox btw.

poseidonwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 poseidonwest
You could say that but there are thousands of jihadist who would disagree with you if they didn't shoot you first.Tetrarch9
How did I know this would happen -.-
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlindBluMonstah
[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]You could say that but there are thousands of jihadist who would disagree with you if they didn't shoot you first.poseidonwest

haha i wont be coming back into this thread :')
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

Gamer-Geek

Yes it does.

i must have missed it could you point it out for me

peace   /pis/ Show Spelled [pees] Show IPA noun, interjection, verb, peaced, peac·ing. –noun

1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.

2. ( often initial capital letter ) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.

3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.

4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.

5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.

6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.

7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.

8. a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity: the peace of a mountain resort.

9. silence; stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.

10. ( initial capital letter, italics ) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes. –interjection

11. (used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence). –verb (used without object)

12. Obsolete . to be or become silent. -Idioms

13. at peace, a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war. b. untroubled; tranquil; content. c. deceased.

14. hold / keepone's peace, to refrain from or cease speaking; keep silent: He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.

15. keep the peace, to maintain order; cause to refrain from creating a disturbance: Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.

16. make one's peace with, to become reconciled with: He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.

17. make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"][QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

sorry but peace is the act of not waring, islam has nothing to do with peace one way or the other.surrealnumber5

Yes it does.

You could say that but there are thousands of jihadist who would disagree with you if they didn't shoot you first.

this has nothing to do with wackos, he is saying peace is defined as something its not.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="poseidonwest"][QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]You could say that but there are thousands of jihadist who would disagree with you if they didn't shoot you first.BlindBluMonstah

haha i wont be coming back into this thread :')

Woops did I do that?
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
These threads never end well...
Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamer-Geek

Except for fornicators and gays and women and Christians and Jews. Islam isn't so peaceful towards them, is it?

Well in response to Christians even Allah says in the Holy Quran that the closest to muslims are the Christian Monks so you're statement is invalid.
In response to Jihadists, nice regurgitating what is said on the news even though it is all lies.
Fornicators and Gays are cursed for what they do however they can still be better people than muslims.
And for Jews.........bahahaha..... Israel slaughters muslims you idiot. Your ignorance is overwhelming.
and lastly woman, who are regarded highly in Islam and behind every great man there is a woman. People say women must cover their hair etc but so do men and men must keep their beard.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#33 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
We are a proud community! :D
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Fellow Muslim right here.
Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gamer-Geek

Well actually the reason behind why a woman only recieves half inheritance is because she has a man to provide for her.

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

Muslim & Proud

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]

Well actually the reason behind why a woman only recieves half inheritance is because she has a man to provide for her.

u_r_a_sausage

I like that your religion is so backwards that you see that as a progressive statement

I like that you are still a n00b

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tetrarch9

Gamer-Geek

I really want to switch out provide with a certain word. But that would be immoral. And I'd proably get modded.

sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts
Muslim right here.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I'm a Muslim, but I'm not very religious at all. There are quite a few teachings that seem absurd to me.
rockinplanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rockinplanes
Member since 2010 • 266 Posts
F*** Yeah I'm a muslim too. What do we do now?
Ubeyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 Ubeyone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm a Muslim, but I'm not very religious at all. There are quite a few teachings that seem absurd to me. ghoklebutter

I am muslim- and a practicing, knowledgable one also. ghoklebutter could you expand on the teachings that seem absurd please. Also to the people here who believe that Islam is about Jihad- or is some kind of religion stuck in the past please read my post thoroughly and keep an open- non-prejudice mind.

Jihad is NOT about war- or dying in some "glorious" way i.e. by strapping oneself to very High Explosive devices. Jihad literally means STRUGGLE. The modern day belief that Jihad is some sort of right of passage whereby a muslim must kill every non-believer (ignorant, shirk, etc.) is entirely false. There are many Hadith on the subject of hurting or even threatening someone with a weapon even in jest. Real muslims must be very wary as to the rights of other humans as we believe that every human from Adam (PBUH) to the final man is born with the Kalimah (i.e. born muslim).

An example as to the extent of this belief. It is said to the nearest meaning, "One who saves a single life for the pleasure of Allah it is though he has saved the entire of mankind, and one who murders another man, it is though he has murdered the entire of mankind".

Even if, lets say a person was murdered by someone, Shariah (Islamic Law- based on teachings in the Quran and sayings of the Prophet Mohamad (PBUH)) dictates that the person MUST pay Sadaqah (Blood money) to the family of the deceased, and if he doesn't have the money, then he must offer his life in service to the deceased's family (whereby he works for the family till the debt is repayed).

Another example is that a Muslim must not wave a weapon about to another muslim- even in jest. Doing so will mean he is one of the accursed (whereby his prayers are not answered) until he repents and asks for forgiveness.

Jihad refers in context to war, etc. where IF Muslim borders are invaded unlawfully and by force- then retaliation must take place. Whereby, a peace treaty is first offered, the Muslims invite the oppresors towards Islam, and eventually, of course driving the oppresors out.

It is stated in many books of very high religious value that, to the nearest meaning, "Prayer is the best Jihad". Whereby if a Muslim offers his prayers then this will be of infinite times more better in the eyes of God. Unless, of course, for the reasons mentioned earlier.

A word on Islam being "stuck in the past".

This notion is incorrect and without evidence. The teachings of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) are relative to his Ummah, starting approximately 1400 years ago till the last man. This means that his teachings relate to "Modern Society", and you will be suprised as to how similar the life 1400 years ago was to present day, and how versatile Islam and its teachings are.

For example, here in London, England, there is a very real problem occuring whereby gangs will have gang wars with other gangs because of their post code (similiar to the ZIP code in America). Many people will die as a result. Hundreds of years ago, similar problems occured, whereby, an Arab (not neccesiraly Muslim) will have a war with another Arab for many, many generations and many will lose their lives as a result. The reasoning behind these "wars" is because that first Arab (Arab, A)'s camel will take a drink at a well before the other Arab (Arab, B). A is of less "noble" blood (ridiculous notion, one that isn't supported by Islam) and B will have his pride* hurt.

*Pride is not accepted and is one of the most hated things in Allah's eyes. It is said, to the nearest meaning, "A person with a single atom's weight of pride shall never enter Jannat (Paradise)".

You say that Islam is stuck in the past, and that the Holy Prophet (PBUH) has no bearing on modern day society- then why, oh why was he voted Number 1 best person in the entire Mankind? An extra note- that poll and it's results were conducted by Jews- so you cannot counter-argue that it is of a bias nature.