Fort Hood Massacre? Was it a terrorist attack or not?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

I was watching the O'Reilly factor (yes I'm republican) and a guest who was a former Army Officer said his muslum faith had to do with it because he was highly muslum, arguing with ruturning vets about the war, etc. What's your oppinion? And Bill O'Riely said that it was only a terrorist attack if it was planned ahead, so dont jump to conclusions, non republicans. I think his faith had something to do with it.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

I actually live 10 minutes away from Fort Hood, no lie. It was pretty scary. But I'm not sure why it happened.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

So what your saying is that only Muslims are capable of Terrorist attacks?

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts

No, it was not a terrorist attack.

And even if it was, who cares? There's no army behind ONE PERSON that snapped.

The best thing "the media" can do is assure watchers that this is very rare and there's probably no reason to fear.

I see FOX hasn't been handling this responsibly.

Wolf_BladeGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolf_BladeGX
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

From what I've found so far the guy was a Army Psychologist and snapped after he found out he was being deployed. That's as far as i've found, nothing suggesting a terrorist attack.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts

I thought a terrorist attack was on civilians? Either way, I think religion played a role, the guy probably just snapped. I doubt he was trying to incite terror, but just was fed up a la Full Metal Jacket.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 megahaloman64

RiseAgainst12

no, and there was nothing that implided that.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

Oh! I remember now! It was because he has been threatened alot lately because of his race and religion, and he finally snapped. That's coming from local news there folks, yep, I LIVE there.

CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

No it wasn't a terrorist attack. The guy had been discriminated against and snapped.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

He wasn't very stable in the first place. He got ticked off because he bottled-in all of the discrimination he recieved from his peers. That's not a good reason though.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RiseAgainst12

[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

megahaloman64

Well the army officer, according to you said "his muslum faith had to do with it because he was highly muslum" which to me seemed he was implying that his muslim faith led him to commit the attack (which he claims terrorist?) and then at the end you said.. "I think his faith had something to do with it." As if you agree with his view. Now why you take his faith into consideration when debating weither it was a terrorist attack or not is where i got that from.. Apologies if i was wrong in that.. but it was just what i picked up.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

It was a terrorist attack. Strangely, many people believe that abortion clinic bombings are terrorist attacks.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

RiseAgainst12

Well the army officer, according to you said "his muslum faith had to do with it because he was highly muslum" which to me seemed he was implying that his muslim faith led him to commit the attack (which he claims terrorist?) and then at the end you said.. "I think his faith had something to do with it." As if you agree with his view. Now why you take his faith into consideration when debating weither it was a terrorist attack or not is where i got that from.. Apologies if i was wrong in that.. but it was just what i picked up.

I didn't say it anyways the officer did

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 smc91352

[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]Well the army officer, according to you said "his muslum faith had to do with it because he was highly muslum" which to me seemed he was implying that his muslim faith led him to commit the attack (which he claims terrorist?) and then at the end you said.. "I think his faith had something to do with it." As if you agree with his view. Now why you take his faith into consideration when debating weither it was a terrorist attack or not is where i got that from.. Apologies if i was wrong in that.. but it was just what i picked up.megahaloman64

I didn't say it anyways the officer did

I was watching the O'Reilly factor (yes I'm republican) and a guest who was a former Army Officer said his muslum faith had to do with it because he was highly muslum, arguing with ruturning vets about the war, etc. What's your oppinion? And Bill O'Riely said that it was only a terrorist attack if it was planned ahead, so dont jump to conclusions, non republicans. I think his faith had something to do with it.

In the original post megahaloman64

you did say it.

and, RiseAgainst12;

he didn't say only muslims can be terrorists; he just said that the guy's beliefs had something to do with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-590595a6292ce
deactivated-590595a6292ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-590595a6292ce
Member since 2008 • 5080 Posts

No I don't think it was a terrorist attack.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RiseAgainst12

and, RiseAgainst12;

he didn't say only muslims can be terrorists; he just said that the guy's beliefs had something to do with it.

smc91352
Sorry for my wording but what i meant from that is that he was implying so.. i know he didnt say it directly.
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

RiseAgainst12
no. but come to think of it, besides the IRS, no other religion/ethnicity has performed terrorist attacks as far as i know.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RiseAgainst12
[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

12345678ew
no. but come to think of it, besides the IRS, no other religion/ethnicity has performed terrorist attacks as far as i know.

IRA you mean?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#20 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
.... Just because he's a muslim people think it's a terrorist attack? I thought we were past this This man was against the war but was deployed to fight in the very war he felt strongly against. I guess this was his way in going out with a bang, he most likely was hoping to die
Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

12345678ew

"As far as I know" is the only true thing you said. Terrorism knows no allegiance.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

I guess it could be considered a 'terrorist attack' since he did instill terror in those around him (and I'm sure, throughout the nation)

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
No, a terrorist attack is a pre-meditated massacre intended to inflict fear in the minds of an entire society by killing a large amount of people. This was a guy who's mental insanity was pushed due to pressures closing in around him, causing him to lose rational thinking. Muslim =/= Terrorist. Nothing to do with his faith.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#24 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

megahaloman64
stop denigrating the poor muslims, they already have enough things to worry about and they certainly dont need your commentary about how if a muslim kills an american he is a terrorist. no it was not a terrorist attack, no his faith didnt had anything to do with it.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lightleggy
btw...im not completly informed...but waesnt that a 26k soldiers base? did the guys camed rambo style and killed 12 soldiers out of an attacking army of 26k? or did they hid somwhere waiting for the soldiers to pass and kill them?
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts

[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

12345678ew

Oklahoma City bombings. Committed by Timothy McVeigh. Pretty white if you ask me.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

No it was not a terrorist attack but some will spin it into a terrorist attack to try and keep and restore faith behind the war.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#28 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

megahaloman64

No. It wasn't a terrorist attack. He had a psychological breakdown after receiving much hate and harsh remarks from his fellow soldiers.

Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

I'm in the middle of the politics spectrum, but I do lean towards Republican. I was watching FOX and I saw the headline and it at the end of it was ",also muslim."

I was like REALLY? They NEED to put that there? Just because you follow a certain religion doesn't mean you're a terrorist.

Don't forget, the people who almost brought the native americans to extinction were mostly white christians.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

From what I've been hearing, he shouted "Allah Ackbar" while he went on the rampage. I doubt it was a terrorist attack, but if he indeed was screaming that while shooting, how could his faith not be involved?

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Seems to me it's a classic case of can't stand my job and I have no way to cope since I'm the guy everyone goes to.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lightleggy

From what I've been hearing, he shouted "Allah Ackbar" while he went on the rampage. I doubt it was a terrorist attack, but if he indeed was screaming that while shooting, how could his faith not be involved?

Rekunta
so when a soldier says something like "GOD PLS HELP ME!!!!" because he has a faith, does it means he is in a terrorist attack. The guy was muslim, he had faith, he realized he was raiding a 26k soldiers base and that he had already killed some men, why wouldn't he say something like "God forgive me, God help me!"?
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rekunta

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

lightleggy

so when a soldier says something like "GOD PLS HELP ME!!!!" because he has a faith, does it means he is in a terrorist attack. The guy was muslim, he had faith, he realized he was raiding a 26k soldiers base and that he had already killed some men, why wouldn't he say something like "God forgive me, God help me!"?

Because Allah Ackbar means "God is great", he's not asking for forgiveness or help, that to me sounds like he thinks he's doing God's will. Either way, faith was involved regardless.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

you know whats weird? i was reading about the columbine shooting and this happened.

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smc91352

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Rekunta"]

Rekunta

Because Allah Ackbar means "God is great", he's not asking for forgiveness or help, that to me sounds like he thinks he's doing God's will. Either way, faith was involved regardless.

I still give him the benefit of the doubt.

I very much believe the media (especially the sensational FOX) would take something he said and completely take it out of context.

ie. "God bless you" could be said (when someone sneezed) and it would have nothing to do with it.

The details do give credibility to the notion that religion had something to do with it...

but not the notion that his religion made him do it; just that religious decrimination upset him and he cracked.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

As eplained before a terrorist attack is a premeditated attack on a small number of individuals or property meant to instill fear in those that are around it and are meant to acheive some sort of political goal. This was not a terrorist attack.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rekunta

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] so when a soldier says something like "GOD PLS HELP ME!!!!" because he has a faith, does it means he is in a terrorist attack. The guy was muslim, he had faith, he realized he was raiding a 26k soldiers base and that he had already killed some men, why wouldn't he say something like "God forgive me, God help me!"?smc91352

I still give him the benefit of the doubt.

I very much believe the media (especially the sensational FOX) would take something he said and completely take it out of context.

ie. "God bless you" could be said (when someone sneezed) and it would have nothing to do with it.

The details do give credibility to the notion that religion had something to do with it...

but not the notion that his religion made him do it; just that religious decrimination upset him and he cracked.

OK, I can agree with that.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts
I think the guy just snapped. Religion played a role? I don't think so. Anyone forced into doing anything against what they highly believe in would probably snap too. It's just too bad that the circumstances was against him.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I honestly think it was. His family ties aren't exactly pro american, then again I could only image the treatment he was getting in the military.. the persecution especially when he went overseas.. it could have been a mental breakdown.

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
Shouldn't a *psychiatrist* know how to deal with discrimination? ...Just sayin'... I dare say its more than he "snapped". To the guy that lives in FH, did you not hear about him getting rid of his belongings and whatnot? There are other things that have been revealed as well..but I'm not buying the whole "woe is me" excuse.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rekunta

The guy was also getting dumped on emotionally from every trainwrecked soldier that came his way. Who wouldn't go insane seeing that type of trauma? Not to justify his actions or anything....

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

The guy was also getting dumped on emotionally from every trainwrecked soldier that came his way. Who wouldn't go insane seeing that type of trauma? Not to justify his actions or anything....

Rekunta
His job is to help the other soldiers get over the grief, not to absorb their issues. If this was the case, why haven't any other psychiatrists gone mental and beserk then? This excuse is ridiculous. I'm sure he could have gotten re-assigned if he couldn't handle the "stress". Not buying it.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rekunta

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

DeadMagazines

His job is to help the other soldiers get over the grief, not to absorb their issues. If this was the case, why haven't any other psychiatrists gone mental and beserk then? This excuse is ridiculous. I'm sure he could have gotten re-assigned if he couldn't handle the "stress". Not buying it.

Like I'm saying, it's not an excuse for his actions, but some people just can't hack it and can't detach themselves. Many find themselves over their head and don't know what they're getting into until it's too late. Y'know, mostsuicides in the medical profession are from females, because they do absorb other peoples problems. Some can't help it. Maybe it wasn't the case for him, who knows, but it might've been. From what it sounds like though, his opposition to the war had something to do with it.

I'm not making excuses for him, just speculating on why he did what he did.

SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

Of course all the Fox News bigots would love to say it was caused by his religion, his race, his ideals, blah blah. Truth to the matter is he was fed up and decided to release all the pent up hate and flak he was recieving from people. Too bad people died becuase of it though.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

From my understanding the physiologist (shooter) just snapped (sort of ironic if you think about it) after learning he would be deployed.

heyfunboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 heyfunboy
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
Have to find out. I know it's been reported that Hassan had a man in his apartment for about 10 minutes the day before the attack. No one ever seen Hassan with anybody in his apartment before and it striked the tenates living there as odd.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#47 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well, I think it was more of a retaliation to being sent over to Iraq, considering he came from there. If that was a terrorist attack, by the way, then so were the other shootings this year.

I_am_george

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 I_am_george
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

It wasn't a guy who snapped. He thought about it, planned it, and then executed his plan. It was a terrorist attack. Maybe not ordered by any group leaders. And the guy's cousin is pretty shady and a liar. I don't buy the stress b.s or the harassment b.s.

CaptainSchwamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CaptainSchwamm
Member since 2009 • 357 Posts

Strangely, many people believe that abortion clinic bombings are terrorist attacks.

Genetic_Code
How are they not?
majwill24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 majwill24
Member since 2004 • 1355 Posts

I thought attacking military targets were considered fair game? The Major was fighting on the behalf of muslims, who are fighting the US in Iraq and Afghanistan, and carried out a methodical shooting of military personnel.

I dont think you can him a terrorist, traitor perhaps. Try him for treason.