• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="akmex"]

I like the Dallas Cowboys, my favorite player is Demarcus Ware and i think the Vikings will win it all this year.

my college team is texas tech

rawsavon

Exact same as me.
Graduated from Tech and love the Cowboys.

I actually have high hopes for Dallas...if they stick to a 2 TE, ball control offense
Defenses will have a hard time matching up with Jason Witten and M. Bennett along with Felix Jones...it will not be as flashy as last year, but better IMO

I agree. I love the new look of the offense. The Romo/Witten connection is always win but I really like what Marty B is doing. That guy is nuts on and off the field. lol

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

NFL: Indianapolis Colts NCAAF:

Indiana Hoosiers

Not much hopes for IU but I hope they are more productive then last year, Colts on the other hand I'm hoping things will work out just like always with the new coach. Manning is back for pre-season so hopefully no more rocky starts and I'm sure we will get to the playoffs like usual.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]I thought this was going to be about the good football :(drufeous

Sorry, our guys don't need carted off the field when someone steps on their foot or get slid into. Bunch of crybaby soccer players. (I do like the sport but soccer players cry everytime they get touched)

They do.
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

[QUOTE="drufeous"]

I'm excited as hell for this season. More of a college fan and my sig gives my team away. Love my Bucks and for the the NFL I'm a Browns fan. Hope they can win 7 this year. Just got to pick a quarterback. Quinn should get it. Ohio State Navy then we get USC at home. Can't wait for tomorrow. Last nights games were a sleeper and the thug from Oregon who punched that kid after the game should be suspended for at least 6 games. Idiot.

rawsavon

What the hell happened to the Browns...they were on the up and up D. Anderson, B. Edrwards, and K. Winslow all looked like future stars... Now, well sucks to be a Browns fan: Winslow gone, Anderson sucks, and Edwards can't catch the ball

Ever since they came back it's sucked to be a Browns fan. Edwards has confidence issues, Winslow was a waste and Anderson was an unknown. What killed me is when they won 10 games two years ago and didn't make the playoffs. Oh well, I'm a loyal fan and won't leave my team. I just hope Mangini names Quinn the starter by Monday. Not fair to either quarterback or the team not knowing who is going to run the offense a week before the season starts. Also, I think the Cardinals have a shot at winning it all this year.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="akmex"]

I like the Dallas Cowboys, my favorite player is Demarcus Ware and i think the Vikings will win it all this year.

my college team is texas tech

Pirate700

Exact same as me.
Graduated from Tech and love the Cowboys.

I actually have high hopes for Dallas...if they stick to a 2 TE, ball control offense
Defenses will have a hard time matching up with Jason Witten and M. Bennett along with Felix Jones...it will not be as flashy as last year, but better IMO

I agree. I love the new look of the offense. The Romo/Witten connection is always win but I really like what Marty B is doing. That guy is nuts on and off the field. lol

I know.
Witten is the best TE in football
But Bennett may be in the top 10 soon...he is a Beast.

I would like this formation:
5 O lineman
Romo
2 TE (Witten and Bennett)
Felix Jones flank outto WR (one of the fastest on the team)
Miles Austin at main WR spot (for speed over Roy Willimas)
Barber at RB
=> we could power run with Barber and 2 TE's orstretch the field with speed

And I love Bennettoff the field.
Here is his Captain Cruch Rap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lP8fHN53t0

sauses3392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sauses3392
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

do people here seriously think the vikings have a legit chance at winning the superbowl? they won't even get to the bowl considering the eagles are in there conference..

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rawsavon
[QUOTE="drufeous"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="drufeous"]

I'm excited as hell for this season. More of a college fan and my sig gives my team away. Love my Bucks and for the the NFL I'm a Browns fan. Hope they can win 7 this year. Just got to pick a quarterback. Quinn should get it. Ohio State Navy then we get USC at home. Can't wait for tomorrow. Last nights games were a sleeper and the thug from Oregon who punched that kid after the game should be suspended for at least 6 games. Idiot.

What the hell happened to the Browns...they were on the up and up D. Anderson, B. Edrwards, and K. Winslow all looked like future stars... Now, well sucks to be a Browns fan: Winslow gone, Anderson sucks, and Edwards can't catch the ball

Ever since they came back it's sucked to be a Browns fan. Edwards has confidence issues, Winslow was a waste and Anderson was an unknown. What killed me is when they won 10 games two years ago and didn't make the playoffs. Oh well, I'm a loyal fan and won't leave my team. I just hope Mangini names Quinn the starter by Monday. Not fair to either quarterback or the team not knowing who is going to run the offense a week before the season starts. Also, I think the Cardinals have a shot at winning it all this year.

I think Mangenius is just waiting till he can get another QB...he does not seem fond of either and they are not "his guys" I agree about Edwards. But Winslow has so much talent and they traded him for nothing. -yes he has been hurt a lot (motorcycle his fault, the rest not)...but he is good when healthy Also, what is up with all the staph infections...no good doctors in Ohio :)
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pirate700

do people here seriously think the vikings have a legit chance at winning the superbowl? they won't even get to the bowl considering the eagles are in there conference..

sauses3392

I don't even see them making the playoffs. By week 6 Farrrrve will be hobbling on the sideline.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Vikings, ALL DAY BABY! ALL DAY! Guess which player I like.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pirate700

Vikings, ALL DAY BABY! ALL DAY! Guess which player I like.Ghost_702
The Mullet? 8)

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rawsavon

sauses3392
I also thought the Eagles were going to do well, but they have looked terrible in the preseason (yes you can tell things in preseason by watching first team vs first team) -Westbrook looks old and is hurt all the time -they have 2 burner WR's, but no possession one...also Rookie Wr's have a history of not producing in year 1 -McNabb just can't ever seem to win the big one...so many NFC championship games and only made 1 SuperBowl
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 drufeous

[QUOTE="drufeous"]

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]I thought this was going to be about the good football :(Big_Bad_Sad

Sorry, our guys don't need carted off the field when someone steps on their foot or get slid into. Bunch of crybaby soccer players. (I do like the sport but soccer players cry everytime they get touched)

They do.

Yes, they do.

akmex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 akmex
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts

Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. just thought i'd throw that in..

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pirate700

Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. just thought i'd throw that in..

akmex

I think everyone is aware of that. :P

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

akmex

Manchester United is the most valuable sports franchise in the world...

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 drufeous

[QUOTE="akmex"]

KG86

Manchester United is the most valuable sports franchise in the world...

Truth. Cowboys is the most valuable american football franchise in the world.

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]I thought this was going to be about the good football :(drufeous

There are a few that do that, not everyone does...
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 6_volts

akmex
Who?
dAvIdguY349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dAvIdguY349
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

Peyton Manning and the Colts! We'll beat the Chargers this year!

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 drufeous

[QUOTE="drufeous"]

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]I thought this was going to be about the good football :(6_volts

Well no kidding not everyone does it. I see it in just about every game though. It's ridiculous and it's getting worse.

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 6_volts

[QUOTE="6_volts"][QUOTE="drufeous"]

drufeous

Well no kidding not everyone does it. I see it in just about every game though. It's ridiculous and it's getting worse.

Yeah, and surely you've seen every game in history.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

Favorite Team:

Player:

Superbowl winners?:

They have the best chance.
All depends on Brady's knee...Carson Palmer was never the same after a similar injury (even before he hurt his arm)

But they have:
Best run organization (along with Steelers)
Best QB when healthy
One of the best WR tandems (behind only Arizona)
Good OL
AND the best video cheaters in the game ;)

I think Brady will be fine, I liked most of what I saw during the preseason, plus with Green Ellis performing like he did last night Brady will get some good run support and not have to throw 50 touchdowns...and hey, they were just doing what every other team does, but of course seeing how they were caught and such a great team they were the scape goats :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

I'm from LA so.... Go packers? =PBloodseeker23

lol, love the individualism :P

uncledeath2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 uncledeath2005
Member since 2005 • 5890 Posts
Go soccer!
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 drufeous

[QUOTE="drufeous"]

[QUOTE="6_volts"]There are a few that do that, not everyone does...6_volts

What?

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rawsavon

dAvIdguY349
Beat the chargers...maybe (they were only .500 last year) But beat the Pats or Steelers...NO -all new coaching staff and just too old...window closed...sorry I am not a Colts hater either, just a realist...I love Peyton Manning, I think he is the funniest athlete alive "Cut that meat"
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rawsavon
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

Favorite Team:

Player:

Superbowl winners?:

They have the best chance.
All depends on Brady's knee...Carson Palmer was never the same after a similar injury (even before he hurt his arm)

But they have:
Best run organization (along with Steelers)
Best QB when healthy
One of the best WR tandems (behind only Arizona)
Good OL
AND the best video cheaters in the game ;)

I think Brady will be fine, I liked most of what I saw during the preseason, plus with Green Ellis performing like he did last night Brady will get some good run support and not have to throw 50 touchdowns...and hey, they were just doing what every other team does, but of course seeing how they were caught and such a great team they were the scape goats :P

No...you are right, most teams do it...that is why I put sarcastic smiley face. But Ellis did not show that much IMO and Moroney looks like a bust (one of the very few bad moves by the Pats)...it all comes down to Fred Taylor...will he have enough left in the tank come December...hard to throw 4 TD's in the snow of New England or Pittsburg...need to be able to run
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 6_volts

[QUOTE="6_volts"][QUOTE="drufeous"]

drufeous

What?

*Sigh* Nevermind...
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 drufeous

[QUOTE="drufeous"]

[QUOTE="6_volts"]Yeah, and surely you've seen every game in history.6_volts

What?

*Sigh* Nevermind...

Yeah, better to let it go. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts do it this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#80 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's about time. Summer sports were so boring. Baseball doesnt do it for me.

TonyTcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TonyTcite
Member since 2009 • 456 Posts

go 49ers!!!! lets finally have a winning season!!! its been too long! i really hope we can take our division!

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

If the Titans or the Longhorns don't win the championships this year am going to be furious!

We should have won both last year..:cry:

TonyTcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TonyTcite

Favorite Team:

Player:

Superbowl winners?:

SaintLeonidas

Brady has looked so good in the preseason... it doesnt even look like he had surgery!

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Football started a few months ago... unless that's just a Pittsburgh thing. Actually it never really ends.
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
The Vikings lost tonight. Can't believe it. Although it was basically a useless game.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rawsavon

If the Titans or the Longhorns don't win the championships this year am going to be furious!

We should have won both last year..:cry:

Unknown_Hero3
Kerry Collins...Old, too old Seriously though, he had a magical year last year...don't see that happening again and Vince just turned out to be a big baby...and i loved him at UT, what happened? Everyone is picking UT vs Florida. But the Big 12 has not been doing too well in the bowls recently Florida and USC just have better athletes right now, which is sad because Oklahoma and Texas just split all the good Texas recruits...if they would just stay in Texas and go to one school
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 rawsavon
The Vikings lost tonight. Can't believe it. Although it was basically a useless game.Oblivionfan10
Last preseason game is meaningless as far as win/loss. Starters barely play, if at all. Coaches just use it to do the final roster cuts...establish depth chart But if you are banking on Brett Favre...good luck The dude has had 1 good year in his last 5 (his last year with Green Bay) He is almost 40 He has a torn shoulder in his throwing arm ...he used to be the best...used to be Plus you guys have a terrible pass defense (run d is best in the league though) Maybe AP can learn how to throw better...then he really would be your whole team
StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#88 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

I hope I'm not the only one who hears madden from Family Guy scream "FOOTBALL!" every time I read this topic title.

huytttr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 huytttr
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

Miami Dolphins, Ronnie Brown, and were winning it all this year :D

munkey102

*cough. dolphins... please..... bills will wipe you this year. ronnie and ricky can both go smoke up in miami. idk who will win the super bowl. and in case you haven't figured it out. im a Buffalo bills fan.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Oh, you know I can't wait for football! :D However, if you can tell from my sig, my team is looking like absolute **** for this year... :(:cry:
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

:D

dAvIdguY349

With a new head coach and a weaker D, I doubt that. I would love to see Indy and San Diego in the playoffs again.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 rawsavon

[QUOTE="munkey102"]

huytttr

*cough. dolphins... please..... bills will wipe you this year. ronnie and ricky can both go smoke up in miami. idk who will win the super bowl. and in case you haven't figured it out. im a Buffalo bills fan.

The answer would be neither of these teams. How bad is the Bills offense?...they fired their offensive coordinator before the season even started Both are in the Pats' division. Neither team will get past Pittsburgh or New England. Although I have to admit that I root for both these teams. I loath the Pats. I love Parcells and Sporano And the Bills are like the little team that could...could almost win 4 years in a row
TonyTcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TonyTcite
[QUOTE="huytttr"]

[QUOTE="munkey102"]

rawsavon

The answer would be neither of these teams. How bad is the Bills offense?...they fired their offensive coordinator before the season even started Both are in the Pats' division. Neither team will get past Pittsburgh or New England. Although I have to admit that I root for both these teams. I loath the Pats. I love Parcells and Sporano And the Bills are like the little team that could...could almost win 4 years in a row

yeah the bills can never seem to get over the hump.
akmex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 akmex
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts

cowboys!

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
College Football is the only football that I look foward to (Go Bucks! :D) But, I also resent the season, as during its duration, ESPN becomes unwatchable.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rawsavon
College Football is the only football that I look foward to (Go Bucks! :D) But, I also resent the season, as during its duration, ESPN becomes unwatchable.LZ71
That is how I feel about baseball season on ESPN :) -they talk about pitching or Yanks/Sox for like 45 min. of the hour show
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"]College Football is the only football that I look foward to (Go Bucks! :D) But, I also resent the season, as during its duration, ESPN becomes unwatchable.rawsavon
That is how I feel about baseball season on ESPN :) -they talk about pitching or Yanks/Sox for like 45 min. of the hour show

The baseball sections are the only part of ESPN worth watching. :x :P
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
[QUOTE="Oblivionfan10"]The Vikings lost tonight. Can't believe it. Although it was basically a useless game.rawsavon
Last preseason game is meaningless as far as win/loss. Starters barely play, if at all. Coaches just use it to do the final roster cuts...establish depth chart But if you are banking on Brett Favre...good luck The dude has had 1 good year in his last 5 (his last year with Green Bay) He is almost 40 He has a torn shoulder in his throwing arm ...he used to be the best...used to be Plus you guys have a terrible pass defense (run d is best in the league though) Maybe AP can learn how to throw better...then he really would be your whole team

I know, but we were winning 21-7 and in a matter of 2 minutes it was 21-21
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Im a Chiefs fan and my favourite player is Adrian Peterson or Brandon Jacobs. I think the Ravens will win the Superbowl.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I cant believe we lost to the cardinals in the divison last year, come on jake your better than this throwing 6 interceptions

wheres the jake that took us to the sb :x , i hope we do good this yr :?