Evolution Missing from Top Science of 2008

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mysterylobster
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

More evidence that evolution "science" exists "largely outside the realm of empirical (testable) science."

http://www.icr.org/article/4323/

Do any Darwinists care to comment? Why should we continue to treat these wild, conflicting theories as science? Are the science journals finally beginning to see how unscientific all evolution research really is?

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
The idiot that wrote that article doesn't know the difference between evolution and abiogenesis.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
"In this regard, it falls under the category of philosophy-or religion." pretty much all credibility lost at that point. I could care less what that bias website has to say tbh.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

I read "Creation Research" and closed teh tab. >__>

It's not like that websites biased or anything >__>

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
Says The Institute for Creation Research...
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WtFDragon
Member since 2004 • 4176 Posts
Guess nothing interesting must've happened in the field for 2008. Which isn't really a surprise -- 2008 seemed like a good year for astronomy and a bad year for particle physics. Few if any of the science blogs I follow reported much that was newsworthy out of the biological and paleontological sciences.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Did anything happen in 2008 related to evolution. It's been excepted for years, nothing new there.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?-Sun_Tzu-
No, there wasn't. I don't see where ICR is trying to go with this.
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mysterylobster
Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?-Sun_Tzu-
Can there be a significant breakthrough in a field that exists well outside the realm of empirical science?
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

"largely outside the realm of empirical (testable) science."mysterylobster

Empirical evidence includes that which is obtained via observation, and is not limited to experimental data.

WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WtFDragon
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?Genetic_Code
No, there wasn't. I don't see where ICR is trying to go with this.

Any port in a storm; any excuse when they're wrong to begin with.
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]"In this regard, it falls under the category of philosophy-or religion." pretty much all credibility lost at that point. I could care less what that bias website has to say tbh.

It lost credibility as soon as I read the domain.. ICR.com hahaha
Anyway, you guys are so desperate that you will cling on to anything lmfao. Hey, who won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry and why?? hahaha
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WtFDragon
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?mysterylobster
Can there be a significant breakthrough in a field that exists well outside the realm of empirical science?

Who says it's outside that realm?
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?mysterylobster

That is begging the question.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BiancaDK

its not outside the realm of empirical science.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Sun_Tzu-

There can be scientific breakthroughs in relation to the theory of evolution. For example, what Gregor Mendel did in the mid-19th century when he studied the traits of pea plants was a breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution.
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]Was there a significant breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution in 2008?-Sun_Tzu-

There can be scientific breakthroughs in relation to the theory of evolution. For example, what Gregor Mendel did in the mid-19th century when he studied the traits of pea plants was a breakthrough in relation to the theory of evolution.

No, that was a breakthrough in the field of genetics. He was able to test his theory and see results. Have any Darwinists been able to do the same with their fairy tale of a theory?
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"] Can there be a significant breakthrough in a field that exists well outside the realm of empirical science?

No, that was a breakthrough in the field of genetics.

And genetics is a field of evolutionary biology.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Says The Institute for Creation Research...ragek1ll589
:lol: Nice, a respected and credible institution if I've ever seen one!!
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WtFDragon
No, that was a breakthrough in the field of genetics. He was able to test his theory and see results. Have any Darwinists been able to do the same with their fairy tale of a theory? mysterylobster
There's no such thing as Darwinism, at least not within the realm of science. Darwinism, such as it is, is what results from attempting to transform evolutionary theory (a sound enough science in its own right) into the impetus for a dysteleological materialist or reductionist philosophy.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Engrish_Major
No, that was a breakthrough in the field of genetics. He was able to test his theory and see results. Have any Darwinists been able to do the same with their fairy tale of a theory? mysterylobster
Wait, what's a fairy tale? Evolution? Or the book in your avatar?
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mysterylobster
Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeeJayInphinity
Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. mysterylobster
Stop warning people. This is your first and only warning.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Engrish_Major
Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. mysterylobster
It's an attack on you, but not on us? You're the one that used the term.
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. Engrish_Major

In reference to a scientific theory. There are different rules on this board for religious intolerance.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oleg_Huzwog

Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated.mysterylobster

You shouldn't be so intolerant. I'm pretty sure intolerance is not tolerated around here.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrSponge
Why so serious? ;) Don't know why you're getting uptight about "attacks" when you clearly have enough faith in your beliefs to not pay attention to them.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. mysterylobster

In reference to a scientific theory. There are different rules on this board for religious intolerance.

I see. You're protected, and we shouldn't be offended by attacks on our beliefs. Your's however...
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BiancaDK
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. DeeJayInphinity

Stop warning MysteryLobster. This is YOUR first and only warning. in other news, this thread is totally irrelevant. Thus negating all attacks transpiring from this thread both null and void.
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] It's an attack on you, but not on us? You're the one that used the term.Engrish_Major

I see. You're protected, and we shouldn't be offended by attacks on our beliefs. Your's however...

You can be offended all you want. I don't care.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"] In reference to a scientific theory. There are different rules on this board for religious intolerance. mysterylobster

So you see the double standard you are promoting then?
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrSponge
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. BiancaDK

Stop warning MysteryLobster. This is YOUR first and only warning. in other news, this thread is totally irrelevant. Thus negating all attacks transpiring from this thread both null and void.

Stop warning DeeJayInphinity about wraning MysteryLobster about warning others. This is your first and only warning ;) OLOL C WUT I DID THAR??????
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"] Can there be a significant breakthrough in a field that exists well outside the realm of empirical science? mysterylobster

No, that was a breakthrough in the field of genetics. He was able to test his theory and see results. Have any Darwinists been able to do the same with their fairy tale of a theory?

err... yes? http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrSponge
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"] In reference to a scientific theory. There are different rules on this board for religious intolerance. mysterylobster

Hmm, then why complain when you get offended by attacks? We don't care either ;)
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] I see. You're protected, and we shouldn't be offended by attacks on our beliefs. Your's however...

Unless you're willing to accept that Darwinism isn't a science and more like religion, then no, I don't.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DeeJayInphinity
mysterylobster said: "You can be offended all you want. I don't care." You're the worst hypocrite ever. At least try to hide it. (Damn gamespot glitches)
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]Engrish, attacks on my religion will not be tolerated. And yes, calling it a "fairy tale" is an attack. This is your first and only warning. BiancaDK

I have a right to warn him about warning others and I shall defend it to the death. :x
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Oleg_Huzwog

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"] Stop warning people. This is your first and only warning.DrSponge

Stop warning DeeJayInphinity about wraning MysteryLobster about warning others. This is your first and only warning ;) OLOL C WUT I DID THAR??????

I didn't see what you did there. Explain! Now! This is your first and only... aw, forget it.

WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WtFDragon
If you're going to come in on the attack, expect people to respond in kind. If you can't accept this simple truth, OT is not the place for you. And I say that as a Christian, mind you, and then a very orthodox, committed one. You're on the wrong side of this, and as a would-be Christian evangelist, it behooves you to conduct yourself in a way that strives for truth rather than the latest ICR fallacy. Even non-Christians know a great deal about the way the world works and emerged, and if you come in here preaching something that is patently unwise, it does you -- and me -- no favours. Because it's not just you that looks the fool, but the Lord you claim to serve as well.
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mysterylobster

I'm warning all ya'll: get this thread back on topic.

If you're going to come in on the attack, expect people to respond in kind. If you can't accept this simple truth, OT is not the place for you.WtFDragon

I was attacking a flimsy scientific theory. He responded with attacks on my religion, something forbidden on this site.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BiancaDK
lol Yes dearest DrSponge, i do see what you just did there. And it is appreciated :P
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WtFDragon

I'm warning all ya'll: get this thread back on topic. mysterylobster
You're about to cross into the realm of self-parody.

Also: arguably, the topic is dead now anyhow. You came in here with some crap article from ICR about how evolution is apparently on the way out with scientists simply because nothing siginificant happened in the field last year, which is simply illogical to begin with. And you did so in a very "in your face," "all you evolitionists believe falsehoods" kind of way.

THEN you got snitty when someone took a cheap shot at the Bible, after you'd just taken a cheap shot of your own.

THEN you set up a double standard.

NOW you're ordering people around when you have no actual authority over them.

Do all the rest of us Christians a favour and: 1) sit down, 2) shut up, 3) breathe deeply for a while. You're making our faith look like idiocy.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"] Unless you're willing to accept that Darwinism isn't a science and more like religion, then no, I don't.

So, if it is a religion, then you can't call it a fairy tale then. Because I'm not allowed to call yours one. Get it?
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BiancaDK
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]I'm warning all ya'll: get this thread back on topic. WtFDragon

lol that killed me thx xD and i do believe he just crossed it when he took up the personality traits of a feudal despot on the interwebz.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"] You can be offended all you want. I don't care. mysterylobster

Unless you're willing to accept that Darwinism isn't a science and more like religion, then no, I don't.

That makes you a hypocrite then.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DrSponge
yer i threat people that donut like my beliefs because im like super serial loooooooooool >__>
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]I'm warning all ya'll: get this thread back on topic. WtFDragon

And you're about to cross into the realm of ad hominem attacks. Why enter this discussion if you can't refrain from flaming other users?
Tazzmission187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tazzmission187
Member since 2008 • 804 Posts
usually id give an idea but oviously the mods have a beef with me so i aint gona speak cause god forbid the mods may find it offencive.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DrSponge
usually id give an idea but oviously the mods have a beef with me so i aint gona speak cause god forbid the mods may find it offencive.Tazzmission187
Yeah, abortions hilarious, and so is making people cry.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Oleg_Huzwog

yer i threat people that donut like my beliefs because im like super serial loooooooooool >__>DrSponge

Hmmm? Donuts? Someone mentioned something about donuts? I'll take a glazed old-fashion.