Dracula: Untold Impression

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_E84So-2I

Saw this trailer when I was getting ready to watch Transformers 4, it has been like years since we had an actual good Vampire/Dracula movie, [no not Twilight] so this got me interested. Looks good but the only thing I didn't like was the fact Dracula use the Bats as weapons and a fist of Bats looks kinda wack but still, gotta do something to attract those lovers special effect. Hopefully this is Vlad The Impaler treatment we are getting and so far, what's your thoughts on this?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm very interested. Anything that attempts a serious take on the Dracula myth always grabs my attention. This one certainly has a Castlevania vibe to it, for better or worse (there was a thread the other day with the TC claiming it rips off Lords of Shadow, but it was pretty vague).

Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of my favourite novels of all time and it really did change the face of horror fiction forever.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Baffled that this, of all films coming out in the next year or so, has managed two threads so recently.

AGeekyLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AGeekyLink
Member since 2014 • 58 Posts

This looks like a cool movie. I'll be sure to check it out.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

This looks alright.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Actually looks like a good Dracula movie

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I liked it because to me it's a more realistic take on the Dracula story. I mean, as realistic as a vampire story can get. Will definitely be seeing it no matter the reviews.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

That looked extremely stupid and awesome at the same time.

I'll probably support it, I love vampires. Especially when they aren't sprinkled with glitter and without weakness.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@airshocker said:

I liked it because to me it's a more realistic take on the Dracula story. I mean, as realistic as a vampire story can get. Will definitely be seeing it no matter the reviews.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i failed to see how you guys call this a realistic take on Dracula. Coppola's 1992 version looks way more realistic to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@VaguelyTagged said:

i failed to see how you guys call this a realistic take on Dracula. Coppola's 1992 version looks way more realistic to me.

That's because you have no imagination.

This movie is portraying a man turning to something powerful and dark as a means to save the people he loves. That's so very human I don't really see how it could be any more realistic.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Byzantium was a good vampire film

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintLeonidas

@airshocker said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

This movie is portraying a man turning to something powerful and dark as a means to save the people he loves. That's so very human I don't really see how it could be any more realistic.

...having human themes does not equal realism...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It seemed alright until the point where Dracula obliterates a army with a swarm of bats punching into the ground, then it just became silly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SaintLeonidas said:

@airshocker said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

And yet a feudal lord going down a dark path in order to get revenge is far more realistic than most other interpretations of Dracula.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@sSubZerOo: yeah It had me until they started showing Dracula using the bats as weapons, Mummy-style. It still looks better than I expected and it look Dupe at the same time.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SaintLeonidas

@airshocker said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@airshocker said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

And yet a feudal lord going down a dark path in order to get revenge is far more realistic than most other interpretations of Dracula.

If you think that flying, superhuman strength, turning into swarms of bats which can attack armies, etc. equals realism...then you must live in your own fantasy world, very much unlike reality. Again, having humans themes does not equal realism. I could make a film about aliens with three heads, living on a space rock, with magical powers, but as long as there are human themes of love, survival, fighting for the ones you love, you'd call that realism? Nothing about this film screams realism. It is fantasy to its core.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SaintLeonidas said:

@airshocker said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@airshocker said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

If you think that flying, superhuman strength, turning into swarms of bats which can attack armies, etc. equals realism...then you must live in your own fantasy world, very much unlike reality. Again, having humans themes does not equal realism. I could make a film about aliens with three heads, living on a space rock, with magical powers, but as long as there are human themes of love, survival, fighting for the ones you love, you'd call that realism? Nothing about this film screams realism. It is fantasy to its core.

I already told you what I thought was realistic about it. You need to learn how to read.

Obviously the supernatural portions of the movie are going to be just that: Supernatural.