Does your school/workplace have a safe-space?

• 54 results
Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By samanthademeste

Poll Does your school/workplace have a safe-space? (44 votes)

yes 11%
no 84%

People in school were to busy beating the snot out each other to be worried about things like safe spaces, trigger warnings, speech codes, microagressions, etc.

That's how I remember school growing up anyways. It's still like that now from what I have seen.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#51 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@plageus900 said:
@iandizion713 said:

I work for a fortune 100 company, they actually rank in top 50, and our whole company is a safe space. Discrimination, criticism, harassment, or any other emotional or physical harm is not tolerated. You will be heavily punished for violating someones safe space. Your not even allowed to smoke on the property.

So, you work for Kmart?

Probably Radioshack. That might explain the delusional behavior. My view will be confirmed when he starts talking about how dvds are making a comeback.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Oh no this crap..Getting reprimanded by your boss/manager because you slacked off your job or didn't properly do your job..is not a violation of your safe space..lol..things you hear on public transport is hilarious..with young workers nowadays..complaining about things..when its their own work ethics that are in question. :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

I despise the connotation that safe space carries in relation to work environments. The term implies stunted growth, juvenality, naïveté, the encouragement and condoning of intellectual cowardice, and a desire of privilege for one's exemption from the unpleasant realities of life. I don't see these applying to the workspace in quite the same way, if at all.

Employers hold certain rules that help retain a respectful, functional, and efficient business so everyone works together as well as possible towards the same goal. One of the main points of going to school is to learn the fundamental skills to be able to engage with others and respectfully hold your ground in life. Safe spaces on campuses are not just wrong in acting counter to this, they're criminal.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I despise the connotation that safe space carries in relation to work environments. The term implies stunted growth, juvenality, naïveté, the encouragement and condoning of intellectual cowardice, and a desire of privilege for one's exemption from the unpleasant realities of life. I don't see these applying to the workspace in quite the same way, if at all.

Employers hold certain rules that help retain a respectful, functional, and efficient business so everyone works together as well as possible towards the same goal. One of the main points of going to school is to learn the fundamental skills to be able to engage with others and respectfully hold your ground in life. Safe spaces on campuses are not just wrong in acting counter to this, they're criminal.

State and federal laws also dictate what can and cannot happen in the workplace. A 3rd party who has to be at a company on the behest of a 4th party expects to be treated respectfully by said company when that 3rd party works for the 4th party and the 4th party dictates that the 3rd party has to be there. I hope that makes sense.