Does it worry you the GOP will sabotage the US to kick Obama out of office?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

We've seen it again and again GOP polititians on a platform of a single minded goal. Kicking obama out of office. How far will they go? Personally I believe the only way to kick obama out of office is to further the ressesion. Do you think the GOP will attempt to go that far? Will they hurt their own voters to push their party foward?

Personally I try to be bipartisian, but it's hard when a party acts like this. I'm sure many GOP politicians wish the best for this country, but why aren't they speaking up against the hurtful actions of those in their party. It's like they're more loyal to their party than their country. Until members of the GOP start standing up for this country I'm done with their party.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

Sensibility will prevail; Democrats will win

The people want Change; not the same old mantra of the republicans

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

I dont like any of the parties.

They would all sell out for a peice of the pie.

Zilch90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zilch90
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

Kcube

Unfortunately, this sounds about right.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Truth prevails, Sensibility will win; Democrats will Prevail, Democrats will win

The people want Change, Change they can believe; not the same old mantra of the republicans

DivergeUnify
Isn't that the same old mantra from the Democrats :P, they're both liars.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

No, I was worried about that for the first two years when the Republicans decided to set a record number of fillibusters. Now I'm more worried that President Obama is going to read too far into an election where voters said they were disappointed with the lack of progress coming from Washington and give in so much that he drives off his base.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="Kcube"]

Zilch90

Unfortunately, this sounds about right.

i agree as well. neither party is awesome and im not sure why anybody thinks the party of power changing is going to make anything better. republicans take 10 years to kill you democrats take 8 years to kill you. honestly i dont know how anybody can think anything else. if there is one thing i disagree with on my conservative base its they have this odd notion republicans are going to somehow change things. when they have helped create this mess just as mess as the democrats. because republicans are just less liberal than democrats so both parties are really the same. if im worried about anything its that someone will offer obama that pie and hell say yes.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

No, I was worried about that for the first two years when the Republicans decided to set a record number of fillibusters. Now I'm more worried that President Obama is going to read too far into an election where voters said they were disappointed with the lack of progress coming from Washington and give in so much that he drives off his base.

theone86
Agreed. He needs to move as far left as possible to counter the republican- agenda of destruction
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Personally I believe the only way to kick obama out of office is to further the ressesion. Do you think the GOP will attempt to go that far?

jrhawk42

How will they accomplish this?

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

Personally I believe the only way to kick obama out of office is to further the ressesion. Do you think the GOP will attempt to go that far?

Palantas

How will they accomplish this?

Well, they could go along with his budget proposal, but that's technically Obama defeating himself. :P
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

And how exactly would they kick him out of office?

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

Obama doesn't need the help. He'd doing a bang-up job of making himself look horrible.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
i thought it was good to sabotage a bad thing, and since the gop does not have the manpower to push their agendia they are also crippled, sadly too much damage has alredy beend done to the country it is too late to just have a stalled gov.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
i thought it was good to sabotage a bad thing, and since the gop does not have the manpower to push their agendia they are also crippled, sadly too much damage has alredy beend done to the country it is too late to just have a stalled gov.surrealnumber5
yeah, and that damage peaked in 2008. to think otherwise is insane.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
we live in a world where public opinion is more important then facts, if you can shape public opinion you can control people.

"When you have politicians stirring the pot and turning up the heat on people's emotions and fear levels, you don't have a constructive debate on what to do," "Facts matter, but only to a point," "Because it is what citizens believe that defines the debate and sets the agenda in Washington. We can't be tone deaf to what the public believes."

McCarthyism has made a comeback these days.
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YellowOneKinobi
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i thought it was good to sabotage a bad thing, and since the gop does not have the manpower to push their agendia they are also crippled, sadly too much damage has alredy beend done to the country it is too late to just have a stalled gov.teknic1200

"To think otherwise is insane.".......................... Me thinks someone has been drinking the Kool-Aid.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i thought it was good to sabotage a bad thing, and since the gop does not have the manpower to push their agendia they are also crippled, sadly too much damage has alredy beend done to the country it is too late to just have a stalled gov.teknic1200

it is at its current height after continual accumulation of trash since the hoover administration, with few in that time till now who actually detracted from that pile, and no obama is not one of those few, hell he added a new entitlement plan...
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 worlock77

[QUOTE="teknic1200"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i thought it was good to sabotage a bad thing, and since the gop does not have the manpower to push their agendia they are also crippled, sadly too much damage has alredy beend done to the country it is too late to just have a stalled gov.surrealnumber5

it is at its current height after continual accumulation of trash since the hoover administration, with few in that time till now who actually detracted from that pile, and no obama is not one of those few, hell he added a new entitlement plan...

What entitlement plan did he add?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

Pfft. The way Obama's working it the GOP won't have to get him out of office, he'll do it just fine himself.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, and that damage peaked in 2008. to think otherwise is insane.worlock77

a new plan for entitlements is how i meant that to read, his health care "reform" i did not intend it to read as if he created SS2
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

Pfft. The way Obama's working it the GOP won't have to get him out of office, he'll do it just fine himself.

BATTOSAI76
This. He may be one of the most likeable presidents we have ever had but his tenure so far has been awful.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

actually considering that we have seen the House vote on all of four things so far (been over a month now) none of which involved jobs with the exception of healthcare repeal which would kill quite a few jobs (has no shot of happening thogh so whatever) and three of them failed no I'm not that worried. Right now their main guy in power really kind of sucks at his job. Or so it would seem.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

You mean when the Dems controlled the House and Senate?!? They had it for the last four years, and nothing has been made better. Not everything that's wrong in this country is Bush's fault. Sure he did some things that he shouldn't have, but Obama has done very little to right the ship. He's just digging us into a deeper hole. @TC... The voters will "kick" Obama out of the White House, not the GOP. He promised change, and to rectify what everybody blames on Bush. He has done neither. Washington is still as corrupt as ever. Hopefully, with our more balanced Congress things will become better. It's never good to have one party control all three houses... WH, HoReps, Senate.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jshaas

actually considering that we have seen the House vote on all of four things so far (been over a month now) none of which involved jobs with the exception of healthcare repeal which would kill quite a few jobs (has no shot of happening thogh so whatever) and three of them failed no I'm not that worried. Right now their main guy in power really kind of sucks at his job. Or so it would seem.

Serraph105
They may not get it repealled, but they can vote to not fund it... which is essentially the same. Obamacare is not something we need. The cons far outweigh the pros.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] it is at its current height after continual accumulation of trash since the hoover administration, with few in that time till now who actually detracted from that pile, and no obama is not one of those few, hell he added a new entitlement plan...surrealnumber5

a new plan for entitlements is how i meant that to read, his health care "reform" i did not intend it to read as if he created SS2

In what way is health care reform an entitlement plan? Well, I guess you could consider the health care mandate an entitlement for the insurance companies.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 YellowOneKinobi

Serraph105
Get your fact correct please. Obamacare will kill 800,000 jobs (per CBO). Source: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-obamacare-cost-us-800000-jobs-over-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

TheColbert

This. He may be one of the most likeable presidents we have ever had but his tenure so far has been awful.

I don't see a guy who goes one vacation every two months during an economic recession as very money smart, and that worries me a little considering he's the president and all. As far as likable goes, to me he doesn't seem to have the country's best interests in mind as much as his own and his parties, so I can't say I like him all that much, but in all seriousness he has not delivered any of the hope and change gusto the he sad he was during the election.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 worlock77

[QUOTE="TheColbert"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

I don't see a guy who goes one vacation every two months during an economic recession as very money smart, and that worries me a little considering he's the president and all. As far as likable goes, to me he doesn't seem to have the country's best interests in mind as much as his own and his parties, so I can't say I like him all that much, but in all seriousness he has not delivered any of the hope and change gusto the he sad he was during the election.

Bush spent more vation time than any President in history. Besides, the President is never truely on vacation. No matter where he goes he's always got a virtual moble Oval Office around him.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YellowOneKinobi

All of the "Hope and Change" stuff was really so rediculous from the start. Of course EVERYONE wanted change in one form or another. But without saying exactly what the Change was, some (idiotic) people just assumed he meant the kind of change that THEY wanted. To that end, it's as if he was making promises to EVERYONE, so now EVERYONE has reason to be dissappointed. (I said has reason to be disappointed, not that everyone necessarily is).

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jshaas
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

We've seen it again and again GOP polititians on a platform of a single minded goal. Kicking obama out of office. How far will they go? Personally I believe the only way to kick obama out of office is to further the ressesion. Do you think the GOP will attempt to go that far? Will they hurt their own voters to push their party foward?

Personally I try to be bipartisian, but it's hard when a party acts like this. I'm sure many GOP politicians wish the best for this country, but why aren't they speaking up against the hurtful actions of those in their party. It's like they're more loyal to their party than their country. Until members of the GOP start standing up for this country I'm done with their party.

You easily make the same arguement for the Democrats... Obama, Pelosi, and Reid in particular. But, the GOP can't kick him out... we the people will do that in 2012. Obama's unfulfilled promises, and unwillingness to work with the GOP (until now) has doomed his presidency. He has good chance as going down as one of the worst, IMO. It seems this is the main objective of the GOP because they know if he's out of the WH, they'll have a better chance at accomplishing their agenda.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 worlock77

All of the "Hope and Change" stuff was really so rediculous from the start. Of course EVERYONE wanted change in one form or another. But without saying exactly what the Change was, some (idiotic) people just assumed he meant the kind of change that THEY wanted. To that end, it's as if he was making promises to EVERYONE, so now EVERYONE has reason to be dissappointed. (I said has reason to be disappointed, not that everyone necessarily is).

YellowOneKinobi

Actually on his campaign he gave the most detailed, indepth layouts of what he planned to do while in office. McCain's platform, on the other hand, consisted of "maverick".

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jshaas
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

This. He may be one of the most likeable presidents we have ever had but his tenure so far has been awful. TheColbert

Bush spent more vation time than any President in history. Besides, the President is never truely on vacation. No matter where he goes he's always got a virtual moble Oval Office around him.

Can you provide a link for this? I'd like to know who logs the POTUS vacation times.
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 YellowOneKinobi
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="YellowOneKinobi"]

Actually on his campaign he gave the most detailed, indepth layouts of what he planned to do while in office. McCain's platform, on the other hand, consisted of "maverick".

Source or reference? I remember him prematurely bragging about closing Guantanamo Bay. I also remember him saying that any/all meetings/debates about Healthcare would be "On C-Span,' as opposed to practically the entire process being behind closed doors (so much for "transparancy). I remember hims saying that he wouldn't have any Lobbyists in his administration ( http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/18128.html ) So, what exactly did he detail out that he actually did?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

In what way is health care reform an entitlement plan? Well, I guess you could consider the health care mandate an entitlement for the insurance companies.

Your talking to a hardcore libertarian.. Anything outside military is considered a entitlement in his eyes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="TheColbert"] This. He may be one of the most likeable presidents we have ever had but his tenure so far has been awful. worlock77

Hey I didn't say Bush was the best around, but I liked him better then Obama. The thing I liked about Bush was his response to the terrorists, Obama wanting to pull the troops out just seems like a bad idea do to the fact that they had no problem blowing the hell out of us ten years ago and have been trying ever since. Obama is making America out to be a push over, and we're not we don't take crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

Hey I didn't say Bush was the best around, but I liked him better then Obama. The thing I liked about Bush was his response to the terrorists, Obama wanting to pull the troops out just seems like a bad idea do to the fact that they had no problem blowing the hell out of us ten years ago and have been trying ever since. Obama is making America out to be a push over, and we're not we don't take crap.

Yeah because you know torturing people and holding them with out a trial for years on end was a good thing.. Push over? There is no purpose of being over there.. The invasion of Iraq did more direct damage to the United States than anything AQ has ever done.. Is that a logical response?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

jshaas

Can you provide a link for this? I'd like to know who logs the POTUS vacation times.

No I can't, and nor do I care to. It's completely beside the point. The point that the President is never out of the office, even if he's sitting on a beach in Jamaica. He always has everything he needs to do his job with him. As far as I'm aware there's no obligation for the President to even set foot in the White House at anytime during his tenure. It's provided for the convenience and pleasure of him and his family, but he does not have to reside there. Bush spent a significant portion of his tenure at his Texas ranch. Likewise Obama could choose to stay at his home in Chicago if he wished. The vacation argument was a stupid criticism of Bush, and it's a stupid criticism of Obama.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

If you're referring to the withdrawl from Iraq you do realize that was signed under Bush right?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

a new plan for entitlements is how i meant that to read, his health care "reform" i did not intend it to read as if he created SS2 surrealnumber5

Your talking to a hardcore libertarian.. Anything outside military is considered a entitlement in his eyes.

there is a distinction between entitlement and discretionary spending and in the ideal world there would be minimal social programs and protection, but you seem to be just a little confused about my standings.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

YellowOneKinobi
Get your fact correct please. Obamacare will kill 800,000 jobs (per CBO). Source: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-obamacare-cost-us-800000-jobs-over-n

So I have been looking around and I yes you are right in a sense however it's not because they will be fired, but because people will get to retire earlier making way for a younger crowd getting out of college.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

sSubZerOo

Yeah because you know torturing people and holding them with out a trial for years on end was a good thing.. Push over? There is no purpose of being over there.. The invasion of Iraq did more direct damage to the United States than anything AQ has ever done.. Is that a logical response?

I think you forgot about the thousands of people who burned alive in those two towers, ya know the ones that aren't there any more because some dude had the idea to blow them up, yeah he's out there hiding in some shack laughing his ass of because he got away with it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

surrealnumber5

there is a distinction between entitlement and discretionary spending and in the ideal world there would be minimal social programs and protection, but you seem to be just a little confused about my standings.

I learned to not argue with you long ago since you stated you think the economy should have no regulation to it what so ever.. That there was no middle ground.. Its either unregulated and "free" or regulated and a communism.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 YellowOneKinobi
[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="YellowOneKinobi"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

So I have been looking around and I yes you are right in a sense however it's not because they will be fired, but because people will get to retire earlier making way for a younger crowd getting out of college.

Sorry, Obama's panel actually recommends making the retirement age HIGHER, not lower. Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703805004575606643067587042.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

I think you forgot about the thousands of people who burned alive in those two towers, ya know the ones that aren't there any more because some dude had the idea to blow them up, yeah he's out there hiding in some shack laughing his ass of because he got away with it!

I see so we have a vendetta now against brown people? So we invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11? That makes great sense.... Furthermore who cares what the other side is thinking.. If these guys are willing to blow themselves up, its not going to matter what we do.. The statistical chances of getting killed by a terrorist in the last two decades is less than the chances of getting struck by lightening or killed in a car crash YEARLY. The governments job should be about prevention and possibly finding the ones who perpatrated this.. But trying to go after it with a conventional war is a waste, and it doesn't solve the problem what so ever.. And just because that tragic event happened, doesn't excuse to begin torturing people (many being innocent we later find out) and hold others for years on with no formal charges being leveled against him.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 worlock77

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

BATTOSAI76

Yeah, he got away with it because instead of persuing him he got distracted with another country that had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jshaas
[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

No, he's not really to blame for that. The American people have sat back and let Washington tell them what to do and how to do it. Nobody is standing up for what they say they want. Until now with the Tea Party, our citizens have become push overs. That is not what America was built on, our country was born of a revolution.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

I see so we have a vendetta now against brown people? So we invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11? That makes great sense.... Furthermore who cares what the other side is thinking.. If these guys are willing to blow themselves up, its not going to matter what we do.. The statistical chances of getting killed by a terrorist in the last two decades is less than the chances of getting struck by lightening or killed in a car crash YEARLY. The governments job should be about prevention and possibly finding the ones who perpatrated this.. But trying to go after it with a conventional war is a waste, and it doesn't solve the problem what so ever.. And just because that tragic event happened, doesn't excuse to begin torturing people (many being innocent we later find out) and hold others for years on with no formal charges being leveled against him.

How dare you suggest this is racial!!! I just don't like seeing people get away with murder!!!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="YellowOneKinobi"] Get your fact correct please. Obamacare will kill 800,000 jobs (per CBO). Source: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-obamacare-cost-us-800000-jobs-over-n YellowOneKinobi

Sorry, Obama's panel actually recommends making the retirement age HIGHER, not lower. Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703805004575606643067587042.html

well if he does then he will effectively avoid having his healthcare bill "kill" 800,000 jobs then won't he?

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 YellowOneKinobi

well if he does then he will effectively avoid having his healthcare bill "kill" 800,000 jobs then won't he?

Serraph105

Nope, he'll just squeeze even MORE out of the American people to satisfy his own desires.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

YellowOneKinobi

Nope, he'll just squeeze even MORE out of the American people to satisfy his own desires.

and now you sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Personally I don't believe he will go through with trying to raise the retirement age. I think that will have too many consequences for any politician for them to actually go after.