Does it annoy you how much they modify foods?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Half-Life_man (6302 posts) -

I was eating some Crunch and Munch Ingredients: Some kind of corn syrup, added swugar, added salt (does not need either) and finally it comes to the normal ingredients. There are things in it I never heard of (Sodium Benzoate??) The only kind of food you can buy from the store if whole fruit such as apples and oranges, even applesauce or fruit juice is modified way too much. If you make your own and taste it, then taste store bought stuff there is a huge diference. BTW I don't buy like FoodClub and stuff I buy the food that is supposed to be more expensive and stuff but there is just a rediculous amount of added chemicals and crap.

Yeah you need to preserve it but 5+ unknown, 5-syllable chemicals aren't all to preserve it.

#2 Posted by sonicare (53451 posts) -
You need at least 30 servings of chemicals a day.
#3 Posted by xXBuffJeffXx (5913 posts) -
The government puts it in there to control our minds.
#4 Posted by -911- (6177 posts) -
Add Artificial Corn Syrup and/or Corn Syrup................Yeah I read that off of one of my juices at my school.
#5 Posted by g-unit248 (7197 posts) -
everything is modified these days, especially hormone injected meats (because its real normal when a girl starts to get her period at age 8, right?), its usually just preservatives, but some stuff is just nasty
#6 Posted by zero9167 (14554 posts) -
meh i dont care if you dont like dont eat it. i aviod most of it my self
#7 Posted by Half-Life_man (6302 posts) -
And go back like two months to where they inject the livestock with hormones to make them grow faster and sometimes mutate them. I don't care about the chickens I jsut care about the scary ass extra limbs and random horns on their heads.
#8 Posted by HappyPillz (126 posts) -
You need at least 30 servings of chemicals a day.sonicare
Amen. and i dont care what's in my food as long as it tastes good and i'm full after. that's all food is for
#9 Posted by xXBuffJeffXx (5913 posts) -
And go back like two months to where they inject the livestock with hormones to make them grow faster and sometimes mutate them. I don't care about the chickens I jsut care about the scary ass extra limbs and random horns on their heads.Half-Life_man

The horns are the best part.
#10 Posted by AncientNecro (4957 posts) -
nothing a decent digestive system can't handle...
#11 Posted by abdul1 (2371 posts) -
actually the bargain brand stuff tends to be less modified... at least at my store
#12 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
Don't eat cranberries or apples - both have naturally occuring sodium benzoate and will kill you.
#13 Posted by sthadji (4682 posts) -
They're special chemicals injected under the orders of The Directors so that we follow the rules of the government and won't revolt against it.
#14 Posted by supermetroidfan (19767 posts) -
As long as it tastes good, I'll keep on eating it!
#15 Posted by gi1 (813 posts) -
i hate artificial fruits
#16 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -

As long as it tastes good, I'll keep on eating it! supermetroidfan

Amen!

Hedonists unite.

#17 Posted by yamum2 (5879 posts) -
probebly alot. but as long as i dont die im happy
#18 Posted by Cyrax-Sektor (12060 posts) -
It sickens me. Soon we're all gonna eat cloned cattle and pork and poultry! That's what they're doing right now and not telling us.
#19 Posted by mmogoon (7311 posts) -
Nah
#20 Posted by someotherguy654 (15122 posts) -
You know it's good for you if it's not in nature.
#21 Posted by zeorshadow19 (1471 posts) -
When I eat junk foods, I am well aware that they aren't good for me.
#22 Posted by bigmit37 (4043 posts) -
I mainly eat organic food now....

Much better than most of the crap we are eating otherwise...though still not perfect.

#23 Posted by DJ-PRIME90 (11292 posts) -
no:?
#24 Posted by KrayzieJ (3283 posts) -
they need to get you addicted some how.