Does everyone think Canada is a joke?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts

I dont like the name of the country, or the flag, no offense.

tzar3
I'm Canadian. I share your dislikes.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
ya im not sure i
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i like canada, i see it as america jr :P

i think u should make ur avatar look like the Canadians on south park. u know the mouth opens up like paper lifting up :P
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I think a certain Canada-lover is joke, but it's a lot better than my country.
Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
I'm proud to be canadian thts for sure
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
I enjoyed my time spent in Canada.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Apart from the attractive women and nice scenery, you guys aint got enough going for you up there to make me come up.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Apart from the attractive women and nice scenery, you guys aint got enough going for you up there to make me come up.freek666

Not even beers that can get you juiced after three or four?
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
I don't really have an opinion of Canada, I don't know what to think about them :P
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Because much like the slightly overweight guy you will find strutting around nude in any locker room, we're comfortable with who we are.

See: Molson Canadian Commercial

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
[QUOTE="freek666"]Apart from the attractive women and nice scenery, you guys aint got enough going for you up there to make me come up.foxhound_fox

I'm from Australia, we got those giant beer cans.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
[QUOTE="freek666"]Apart from the attractive women and nice scenery, you guys aint got enough going for you up there to make me come up.foxhound_fox

What's the difference between Canadian and American beer? In Canada, we put the 5 (or 6, or 17) before the decimal. :D
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
What's the difference between Canadian and American beer? In Canada, we put the 5 (or 6, or 17) before the decimal. :D
PBSnipes

More alcohol per volume. Its why you have to drink an American 2-4 to feel anything. :lol:
Robertoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Robertoey
Member since 2005 • 1996 Posts

i think u should make ur avatar look like the Canadians on south park. u know the mouth opens up like paper lifting up :Piam2green

Hey! We're bigger than you!

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
Winning a trip to Canada? That's like being told you won a trip to the United States. I mean, that's pretty vague. It's not like any old place in Canada (or any other country) is going to be exciting. Well, I guess it might be if you lived in the third world or something, but you know what I mean. I'm not sure where you get this perception that Canada is made fun of a lot. American media, at least, probably makes fun of our own culture way more than it does anyone else's. Whenever I do see a joke about Canada it usually seems to be along of the lines of there being so few "Canada" stereotypes to work with more than anything else; half of the time it's about everyone there liking hockey or something. Perhaps that falls into your "most pointless" thing. Canada does manage to avoid the limelight most of the time in American news media, but then usually "news" = "bad crap that happened" so that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think the U.S. perspective of Canada is generally that there really isn't much of a difference between our two countries other than the governments that run them. I do have to admit, there are no cities in Canada about which I've often thought, "Man, I really hope to visit there some day." If you had to recommend a specific place in Canada to take a vacation to, where would it be and what would you recommend people do there?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

I deeply Respect Canada and their Dormant Massive War machine, their special forces known as JTF2 are unparalleled

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#67 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
canada is alright with me
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
"Quiet" countries which don't start wars or invade other countries or test nuclear bombs and such tend to get ignored on the world stage, simple as that. Canada, like Finland or Denmark, has traditionally adopted policies to safeguard its people and improve its society and standard of living, rather than pursuing military agendas or controversial world policies. It's like that kid in school who just buckles down and gets on with his work. There's nothing wrong with him, he just does nothing to encourage attention. That's not a bad thing.
leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts
I really don't think of Canada as a "joke".
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
i was born in canada and i love it here one thing i don't like it's to freaking cold right now
HeyDoYaThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HeyDoYaThang
Member since 2008 • 963 Posts

Jokes are made about every country I am sure. I think Americans are known for not being intelligent. You might remember Miss Teen U.S.A. from South Carolina who said:

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us."

That doesn't mean Americans are not intelligent. Then you have Germany which won't get involved in any wars now. Like one comedian said its probably because they're never on a grand enough scale. I've heard jokes about the Canadian Army. What do they have? Maybe 3 canoes and a chopper?

I could see a news report of Canada invading America. The reporter might say something like the Canadian Military is under heavy gunfire from some school. Probably becuase many American schools are probably as heavily armed as the Canadian army. :P

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#72 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

The world is filled with stereotypical people, you just gotta live with it and represent the country you call your own proudly, aye.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

As Rick Mercer showed us... there is a reason why so many Americans have preconceived misconceptions about Canada.foxhound_fox

Man I wish I could watch his show lol. I'd pay extra to be able to watch TSN and maybe CBC lol. I love hockey, so I have this inherent respect for Canada haha. I've always thought quite highly of Canada regardless though.

Avatar image for Clean_Water_Mmm
Clean_Water_Mmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Clean_Water_Mmm
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
I think that Canada Jokes are like "fat jokes", and "your mother jokes". They aren't meant to be offensive even though they are.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Nothing wrong with Canada. I guess there just kind of "there". They don't bother anyone.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

I went to New foundland last year for a two week holiday (I am from England)

I am considering moving out there.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 joshrocks2245
Member since 2003 • 11248 Posts

Winning a trip to Canada? That's like being told you won a trip to the United States. I mean, that's pretty vague. It's not like any old place in Canada (or any other country) is going to be exciting. Well, I guess it might be if you lived in the third world or something, but you know what I mean. I'm not sure where you get this perception that Canada is made fun of a lot. American media, at least, probably makes fun of our own culture way more than it does anyone else's. Whenever I do see a joke about Canada it usually seems to be along of the lines of there being so few "Canada" stereotypes to work with more than anything else; half of the time it's about everyone there liking hockey or something. Perhaps that falls into your "most pointless" thing. Canada does manage to avoid the limelight most of the time in American news media, but then usually "news" = "bad crap that happened" so that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think the U.S. perspective of Canada is generally that there really isn't much of a difference between our two countries other than the governments that run them. I do have to admit, there are no cities in Canada about which I've often thought, "Man, I really hope to visit there some day." If you had to recommend a specific place in Canada to take a vacation to, where would it be and what would you recommend people do there?SpaceMoose

Well I would recommend Niagara falls, it's a pretty neat place. Theres some cool places to visit in Niagara falls, I had lots of fun there as a kid when my family went on vaction there.
I guess there aren't many cool places to visit in Canada, but I feel that way about America too.

I mean it would be more exciting to visit a place like Italy, because theres lots of history there and it's just a cool old country :P

@Heydoyathang: Um the Canadian military is very heavily armed.
Do you seriously think a school in America would be better armed then the Canadian military??

I didn't know kids in America brought tanks to school, or RPGs:shock:

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
not canada, just vilot hero. :P
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#79 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts
Canada is a cool country. It just stays out of everyone else's way that's all. I'd love to go on holiday to Canada. Plus Canada came up with Powerthirst, so that makes them awesome.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts
I don't think Canada is a joke. I think it's a great country. But I'm biased, what with living in Canada and all.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
There's no reason to think Canada is a joke because they don't fight too many wars. They fought with the Allies in WW2, and actually liberated the country I live in (the netherlands). Since then the USA fought a lot more wars, but to say you should be proud of fighting in vietnam? Canada doesn't fight much, but when they fight they do it with success. If anything, I've got a lot more respect for Canada than for the USA.
KidMob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 KidMob
Member since 2008 • 474 Posts
...It goes both ways. The consensus in Canada is that most Americans couldn't find Canada on a map... I am Canadian and I am proud and wasted!
Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts
I'm German, and I've been to Canada a few times to ski. For skiing it's pure awesome, but other than that I don't find the country very interesting at all.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#84 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I have no problem with Canada. I like having a no-drama neighbor to the north.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Well I always hear people making fun of Canada.
No one seems to like Canada, this one time a woman won a trip to Canada on wheel of fortune and she looked very disappointed.
So I really started to think maybe the only reason people seem to like Canada is because they think we are a joke, so they don't hate us, they just make fun of us and think we are the most pointless country.

Do you think the reasons terrorists don't attack Canada is because they think it's pointless to attack us?

So do people really like Canada, or do they just not care about it??
What do you people think??
I really love living in Canada, I just want to know what everyone else things.

joshrocks2245

I think canada is cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Nope, they're loyal subjects to the crown.
ZombieJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ZombieJackal
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I love Canada. Its people are nice, and they have good coffee too :)
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Try Denmark on for size. People think its the capitol of sweden for christs sake.BiancaDK
What people IDIOTS
Holyknight_CJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Holyknight_CJ
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

I dont like the name of the country, or the flag, no offense.

tzar3

I agree our flag is pretty lame. Union Jack is my fav, then Star-Spangled Banner. See they even have good names. A lot of the time the shade of red in the Canadian flag is too orangy for my liking too, sometimes they make it good though.

Holyknight_CJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Holyknight_CJ

There's no reason to think Canada is a joke because they don't fight too many wars. They fought with the Allies in WW2, and actually liberated the country I live in (the netherlands). Since then the USA fought a lot more wars, but to say you should be proud of fighting in vietnam? Canada doesn't fight much, but when they fight they do it with success. If anything, I've got a lot more respect for Canada than for the USA.11Marcel

Yeah we are pretty great. And so humble too :P.

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
at least canada is a big player in the world without picking a fight
Holyknight_CJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Holyknight_CJ

i think u should make ur avatar look like the Canadians on south park. u know the mouth opens up like paper lifting up :Piam2green

Have you seen the episode where Terrance, Philip, and the Canadian prime minister get in an argument. "I'm not your friend, buddy. I'm not your buddy, guy. He's not your guy, friend."

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
Canada is better than the US in alot of ways.
auron_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 auron_16
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts
probably.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
There was a comedian who had a joke once that went something like: "A Canadian friend once asked me what Americans think of Canada. I thought about it and responded: 'We don't.'" Really, that's how it is most of the time. Even in this forum half the time the topic is brought up it is by Canadians asking what people think or complaining about how they think they're thought of.