Does anybody have a Chocolate Phone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
I absolutely HATE this thing and wish it wasn't part of a 2 year agreement otherwise I would throw this thing out the ****ing window right now. It's overly complicated with simple features, it charges you out the ass for several things through Vcast, and it can't bluetooth sync with crap (not that Verizon's website would be any help with finding out whats compatible).  Crappy service, crappy phone, and the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

I guess my question is does anybody have any experiences to the contrary?  Is there something amazing about the phone I'm completely missing?

Also, I heard there was a mobile version of Final Fantasy 1; if so, how do i get/download it?
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
and is there some way to hook it up to a PC wirelessly? I don't want to buy a new USB cable for this thing.
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
i use to have one but i ate it :(
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
Yeah I do.. and yes I do like my chocolate phone.
Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
yup, love it
Avatar image for deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
Member since 2004 • 5346 Posts
Verizon right? Switch your phone. Within 30 days I think.
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
I think my phone's made out of plastic, and circuit boards, mainly. Verizon's standard behavior is to disable a lot of features. Here's a list of the bluetooth profiles specific verizon phones support. For instance, I have an SCH-A990, you'll notice that my phone supports OBEX, tethering, and even pictbridge, but I don't have support for bluetooth stereo which is a feature that the Chocolate has. If there's a version of final fantasy that can be run on the chocolate really the only way to get it would be to buy it off Get-It-Now. Verizon phones use BREW rather than Java, and BREW is encrypted for the handset that you download it on, and BREW applications need to be supplied by a registered provider (Verizon's GIN is the only one). The joys of having service with Verizon and trying to geek out.
vandm34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vandm34
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts
I love my lg chocolate since i only had to pay $10 for it
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
hehe another chocolate owner comeon guys gotta go with the nokia n93 man
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
My chocolate phone melted in my pocket.:(
RoyTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 RoyTheViking
Member since 2005 • 3574 Posts
My best friend has one. I'm pretty sure he likes it.
puremage1209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 puremage1209
Member since 2006 • 1960 Posts
thats like my razr... All that i heard about it was "OMG IT IS TEH PWNZ!!!" But i got it with a two year agreement and i absolutely hate it... its really slow and it only does what you want it to do half the time.... It sucks serious ***
Tentpole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Tentpole
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
I always felt that the Chocolate was more for girls so I went with a KRZR.
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#14 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
Chocolate phone? I dont know what that is. :cry:
Quack_Attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Quack_Attack
Member since 2005 • 2562 Posts
Verizon has by far the best service in my area. But that phone looks awful, exposed screen = wtf.
killjoy188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killjoy188
Member since 2006 • 614 Posts

It's great if you don't want to play games or download music. But just don't get the Get-It-Now thing. It costs like $200 a year, and all it does it allow you to play (bad) games that you have to purchase separately. It basically charges you hundreds of dollars for the privilege of buying and playing games on a phone you already bought. :roll:

BTW, I have the parts to download my own music from my computer, but it looks so complicated I haven't bothered yet. XP

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
No, it would melt in my pocket on me. :| Anyways, seriously, my friend has one and he really likes his...maybe you just have to get used to it or something.
Avatar image for Viewtiful-GaMeR
Viewtiful-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Viewtiful-GaMeR
Member since 2005 • 10789 Posts
Yeah,a lot of people.
AgostonF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 AgostonF
Member since 2006 • 6965 Posts
Haha, I wouldn't buy that if I was forced to. (That makes virtually no sense whatsoever, I know), I thought you were gonna promote it but I was plesantly surprised.
killjoy188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killjoy188
Chocolate phone? I dont know what that is. :cry:HillyBilly
A partially touch screen Verizon phone that comes in lime, cherry, white, and black colors, but not brown, which, y'know, is chocolate-colored. XD It is kinda annoying to switch back and forth between touch screen and buttons. Why didn't they make the keypad touch screen too?
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts

It's great if you don't want to play games or download music. But just don't get the Get-It-Now thing. It costs like $200 a year, and all it does it allow you to play (bad) games that you have to purchase separately. It basically charges you hundreds of dollars for the privilege of buying and playing games on a phone you already bought. :roll:

BTW, I have the parts to download my own music from my computer, but it looks so complicated I haven't bothered yet. XP

killjoy188
Dude, transferring music, ringtones, movies, and pictures should be nothing. You can either use the datacable that you get with the music essentials kit which syncs with media player, and transfers WMA files to your phone. Or you can simply copy them to a microSD card and play them from the card.
killjoy188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killjoy188
[QUOTE="killjoy188"]

It's great if you don't want to play games or download music. But just don't get the Get-It-Now thing. It costs like $200 a year, and all it does it allow you to play (bad) games that you have to purchase separately. It basically charges you hundreds of dollars for the privilege of buying and playing games on a phone you already bought. :roll:

bobwill1
Dude, transferring music, ringtones, movies, and pictures should be nothing. You can either use the datacable that you get with the music essentials kit which syncs with media player, and transfers WMA files to your phone. Or you can simply copy them to a microSD card and play them from the card.

I've got that Music Essentials kit and SD card. But I know just enough about computers to repair my internet connection on a daily basis, and that's it. So setting up the SD card thing is overwhelming for me. I'll get around to it eventually. XD
1stCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 1stCommando
Member since 2003 • 4969 Posts
mine works perfectly... i love it
Avatar image for Diesel_Cappuccino
Diesel_Cappuccino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Diesel_Cappuccino
Member since 2002 • 3543 Posts
Find some LG forums and learn to debrand and/or flash it, you'll get a lot more use out of your phone.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I would rather have a fire KRZR or a CRKR so I wouldn't go through the horror of accidentally eating it.